Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
List funniest things seen at concerts, of course RS included
Posted by: Des ()
Date: December 5, 2013 19:31

When I think back on concerts gone by there have been some very funny/uniquie things go on, with rock fans what do you expect (lol). Here are a few of my favorites:

a) The WHo, Kingdome, Seattle - the croud lined up outside along a chainlink fence. A group outside the fence spot freinds near the front of the line and hatch a plan to hop the fence. Unfortuatly they announce their plans so loud a cop spots the plot and starts wading through the croud. A guy scales the inside of the fence to recieve the coats and beers being fed over the fence. There is one guy in the croud repeatedly saying "don't do it" as he sees the cop coming. The cop arrives below the guy on the fence just as the guy lowers the case of beer of which he thinks he is handing it to his freind, the cop takes the beer, then a coat as the croud laughs and the guy still rants don't do it. Finaly the cop tugs on the guys shirt alerting him he has been handing the goods to a cop and is hauled out to the back of the line....the final thing said is "I told you not to do it", the croud died laughing.

These next three all happened at the Pacific Colosium in Vancouver for Rod Stewarts opening night of first tour without Faces.

b) Rod is palying with footballs (soccer) and has one in motion running freely parallel to the stage front as he dances along with it. As it reaches the end of the stage he starts a windmill spin and comes out of it with a kick driving the ball level out over the heads of the croud. Would have gone far if not at the last split second, in about the second row, the figure of a woman rises up out of the croud as she is hoised onto her guys shoulders and takes it full speed in the face. She is knocked backwards near breaking the guys back with the croud trying to catch her. Rod stops and leans out over the stage applogizing profusly.

c) One of my favs. A big white what looks like a small weather ballon is knocked about the floor and lower deck before the show.AS it tips into the lower deck of seats it pops with a big bang and a massive cloud of what looks like white smoke envelopes many rows. But the smoke sinks leaving a circle of about 100 folks covered in white. Right in the middle of the circle of whitened people is a guy with more white that anybody else, it is piled on his head, his arm remains held up signaling "I'm the idiot". The ballon was full of flour, in his hand a cigarette.

d) Consider the odds of this one. Couple walking the floor behind the soundstage before the show. The crouds attention, now that the ballon burst, is on a frisbie. The frisbie comes out of the upper deck and smacks the girl on the right ear, a nasty injury. Her boyfreind obviously mad picks it up and throws it back into the upper deck on the other side of the arena. It sails out of the upper deck and hits the girl in the left ear. The whole croud said the same thing at once "no way!". 16,000 folks, three throws, twice hit, alternate ears. The couple walked away.

Last but not least a story from RS Vancouver 72 from a buddy. His friends are pushing their way to the front looking for those little openings. One spots what looks like a sizable opening near the front. They push aggressivly until they are poped into the opening immediatly slipping and landing in a pile of puke. Well my buddy thought it was funny?

So what have you got?

Re: List funniest things seen at concerts, of course RS included
Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: December 5, 2013 20:11

Bill Wyman lighting up a cig just before a song , then Mick slapping it out of his mouth just when the song started! Bill just shook his head looking really pissed at Jagger..........

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 5, 2013 20:14

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 5, 2013 20:14

I so vividly remember walking into a Velvet Revolver concert, and the guy in front of me was getting the pat down before getting in. He turns to his friend and yells "best part of the show!". And he seemed like he was really meant it. Don't know if I've ever laughed that hard at anything. I now think about it every time I walk into a show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-05 20:21 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 5, 2013 20:26

First things I thought of....

Prince booed off stage at the Stones L.A. shows in 1981

John Cougar (at that time) opening for the Who at Sun Devil Stadium (around 1982) getting hit in the head with a bottle. He left the stage for about 15 or 20 minutes then came back and performed the rest of his set wearing a football helmet.

Yes opening for Black Sabbath (1972?)

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: December 5, 2013 21:45

A guy asked me once, who's that guy on guitar? I just said that's Keith Richards, he's one of the original members. Later on he's like, what was that? I go, that's "Gimme Shelter" one of their best songs. Not sure if that's necessarily funny but I guess we were all first timer's at some point. smileys with beer

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: December 5, 2013 23:02

I was 4 rows center to the small stage on the bridges tour. as the bridge extended out I guess I got a little carried away. (not really) was screaming as loud as I could as the stones strolled out. broad in front of me turned around and said " you're scaring me !" >grinning smiley<

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 6, 2013 00:04

Lil' Brian
A guy asked me once, who's that guy on guitar? I just said that's Keith Richards, he's one of the original members. Later on he's like, what was that? I go, that's "Gimme Shelter" one of their best songs. Not sure if that's necessarily funny but I guess we were all first timer's at some point. smileys with beer

...not nearly as funny, and somewhat expected, but at the first Staples show earlier this year, during Rambler someone asked me who the 3rd guitarist was, I said Mick Taylor and he said....oh yes, their original guitarist.....

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: December 6, 2013 00:43

June, 24th, 1998. Rheinstadion Düsseldorf, Germany.

I was there. It was a a hell of a concert. My personal peak of the Vegas-Stones...

Between two songs, Mick spat out anything right in front of Ronnie. Very strange...

Priest

Date: December 6, 2013 03:24

BluzDude
Lil' Brian

...not nearly as funny, and somewhat expected, but at the first Staples show earlier this year, during Rambler someone asked me who the 3rd guitarist was, I said Mick Taylor and he said....oh yes, their original guitarist.....
Hey, I actually applaud him for knowing who he was in any capacity. Sure he's wrong about him being original, but obviously he has an understanding that he was in the band. He's more informed than 95% of the rest of the audience lol.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 6, 2013 12:38

A levitated Gene Simmons getting stuck in mid air on the Psycho Circus tour. Flapping his flabby arms like wings to no effect. Couldn't happen to nicer guy.grinning smiley

Date: December 6, 2013 12:49

Motley Crue opening for RS on ABB. They got to their big icky power ballad with just Tommy Lee playing keyboards & Vince Neil "singing". Vince was like "everybody, sing along!". The silence was deafening. You could've heard a pin drop. Followed closely at same show by Ronnie attempting to play solo on TD after partying with Motley. It was a car wreck. The good thing about that was Keith did all the heavy lifting that show with Blondie Chaplin playing electric kind of hid behind the amps. Mick kept shooting Ronnie dirty looks the whole show as he ran around pretending to play. I assume he got a stern talking to because he was much better 2 nights later. That may have been the last time I saw Keith play really great for a whole show. Early on the ABB tour (pre coconut incident).

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 6, 2013 13:13

Giants Stadium, Oct. 17 1997: Mick is singing "Baby, I said Baby..."
from the later to come webchoice StarfVcker, when realising he should
sing the lyrics to IORR (2nd song). He stopped singing and looked
around. Ronnie took the cig out of the mouth and yelled IF.

Then Jagger went "If I would stick my pen in my heart..."

One of my greatest moments ever.

Date: December 6, 2013 13:23

The "we're all allowed a bump in the road"-incident at the Licks show in Stockholm in 2003.

Keith's look was priceless grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-06 13:24 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: star star 1 ()
Date: December 6, 2013 13:29

In the Stones concert in Gijón 95, i remember when Mick trew his towel to Ronnie and it got stuck in his earring. Mick took it carefully from Ronnies ear.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 6, 2013 13:59

A Stones show in Chicago, Mick was running around the stage and then pauses, sits down on the steps and ties his shoe.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: December 6, 2013 14:13

a Macca concert. he plays "something" while the screens show old photos of George and the Beatles. Just as they show a B&W picrure of Macca and george smiling the camera focuses on a young teenager in the crowd which is all covered with shining tears and looks like snort frim her nose ike after some heavy cry.... me, and the rest of the 50k peoople just burst into laugh... later i saw at all youtube clips this laugh was loud....

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 6, 2013 14:26

I went on a Robbie Williams concert last summer....the funny thing were Robbie...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: December 6, 2013 14:52

In Paris 2002 Lisa fell down while singing G.S. and lost her shoe. Mick helped her, got her to sit down on a monitor and he gently put her hi heeled shoe on...PRICELESS.

In Buenos Aires 2007 , during the final bow, a guy made it through security, got up to Ronnie and tried to steel his watch!!
Ronnie was quite shocked, but had a big laugh when the guy was promptly carried away....

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: December 6, 2013 15:18

Not sure how funny this is, but at a Skynyrd concert many years ago at the old Spectrum in Philadelphia, a dude was yelling 'Freebird...." as he was running down the steps. Well....he forgot to stop running and flew like a free bird right over the railing and down to the lower level....

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 6, 2013 16:21

x

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-14 17:16 by vudicus.

List funniest things seen at concerts, of course RS included
Posted by: stoneskris ()
Date: December 6, 2013 18:03

Detroit 1981 while trying to get into the venue, they frisked everybody first.
This was approx. 60 - 75 feet away from getting into the door of the Silverdome.
They guy in front of me I knew from my hometown.
The guy who was frisking my buddy asked him if he had any alcohol or guns on him.
My buddy said all he had was one beer in his sock.
the frisker laughed and let him go beyond him toward the front door.
My buddy walked about 15 feet past the frisker and bent down and grabbed the beer from his sock and opened it up and drank it.
The frisker was pissed.

Kris

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: December 6, 2013 18:24

Des.

That is one of the best posts I've read for ages.

You my man. Rock

\m/

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 6, 2013 19:34

B-52s leaving the stage after being pelted with paper cups and shoes while opening for the Who in Orlando.

[www.contactmusic.com]

[www.thewholive.net]

Date: December 6, 2013 20:12

In 2002, I saw Graham Nash swallow a fly during a CSNY show in Boston. He was about to start one of his "solo" songs when it happened. He was quite calm about it...said something like..."Pardon me...I do believe I have swallowed a fly!!!" He then stepped away from the mic, took a big swig of water, and started singing again.

Priceless!!

Date: December 6, 2013 23:15

I wish there were videos of some of these incidents!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 7, 2013 01:01

I saw Springsteen in Vancouver at the Coliseum in 84 on the Born In The USA Tour. When it came time for band intros, he introduced Nils Lofgren, who attempted to do a flip. He tried once, stumbled, so he tried again. He was unsuccessful the second time so Bruce laughed, and said aww, f_ck it,to which the crowd all cheered and laughed.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: December 7, 2013 08:52

1975 Cleveland Municipal Stadium World Series of Rock. Stones were the main act. Several hours before showtime the infield is filling and everybody is completely whacked and sitting on their blankets under the hot sun. I see a guy stroll thru the crowd with what is to this day the longest nose i ever saw. Long and skinny, just like Pinnochio. Just about the shape and size of a Ball Park beef frank. Stoned as I was, I'm laughing my ass off and pointing him out to anyone who will listen. After several minutes of searching for a good spot, he eventually finds a spare patch of turf and spreads out his blanket. Right beside me.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 7, 2013 09:03

sixessevensandnines
In 2002, I saw Graham Nash swallow a fly during a CSNY show in Boston. He was about to start one of his "solo" songs when it happened. He was quite calm about it...said something like..."Pardon me...I do believe I have swallowed a fly!!!" He then stepped away from the mic, took a big swig of water, and started singing again.

Priceless!!

I think that's the most entertaining thing there ever has been about a Graham Nash solo performance.

Date: December 7, 2013 11:34

sixessevensandnines

Priceless!!

And you were awake for it! Good on you.grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home