Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT - What's the Worst Album in Your Collection ?
Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: December 2, 2013 09:30

I don't buy bad albums--because, why would I?

It would be like purchasing an item of food you don't like and would never want to eat. Let's say you don't like broccoli soup--you wouldn't buy a container of the stuff just so you could ask someone else what the worst-tasting food item they own is.

There are enough crap albums out there as it is. Let's not encourage the mass makers of crap to produce more of the worst by actually buying them.

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: December 2, 2013 10:20

Mushroom Label "Rock n Roll Cirus", second only to "Joujouka"

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 2, 2013 12:23

I also have Down In The Groove, but have found that there are some tracks that are redeemable on it, i.e. Ninety Miles An Hour, Rank Strangers, Silvio.

Dirty Work isn't too bad, as, like Down In The Groove, there's some decent tracks on it, i.e. One Hit, Harlem Shuffle, Sleep Tonight.

Johnny Cash has done some howlers in his time, i.e. The Baron, Water From The Wells of Home, and Rainbow.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 2, 2013 13:06

Mine is "Tell Us The Truth" by Sham 69
Can I have a close runner up (for embarrassment factor)? Which is "Quartet " by Ultravox (my New Romantic phase, I guess)

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 2, 2013 14:26

tomcasagranda
I also have Down In The Groove, but have found that there are some tracks that are redeemable on it, i.e. Ninety Miles An Hour, Rank Strangers, Silvio.

I fall asleep immediately by ' Silvio ' ...

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

2 1 2 0

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: December 2, 2013 18:37

tomcasagranda

Dirty Work isn't too bad, as, like Down In The Groove, there's some decent tracks on it, i.e. One Hit, Harlem Shuffle, Sleep Tonight.

Johnny Cash has done some howlers in his time, i.e. The Baron, Water From The Wells of Home, and Rainbow.

Yes, I do agree that there are some good songs in Dirty Work, especially those one you mentioned, but as a whole album it's really hard to listen to...

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: December 2, 2013 19:21

When you are quite young you do make some real buying mistakes. As a teenager I bought a secondhand copy of Vanilla Fudge - The Beat Goes On. wtf was that all about? - shocking album.

Andy

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 2, 2013 20:10

Bad albums by acts who are normally good are usually still a bit better than those by artists who are a bit shite.

If Dirty Work, Landing on water, Down in the Groove etc are the worst records some of us own, then either we have very limited record collections or a few embarrassing musical skeletons in the cupboard we're not ready to own up to!

Date: December 2, 2013 20:13

TeaAtThree
I too own Landing on Water, but I think Re*Ac*Tor might be worse. I own that too.
Ryan Adams "Easy Tiger" might be the most boring.
And, Primitive Cool is the the most disappointing.

T@3

Any album with 'Halloweenhead' , 'Goodnight Rose' and especially this beautiful little masterpiece cant be all bad.

Re : Neil Young. His worst album is 'Fork in the Road'. I couldnt listen to it the whole way through even once and instantly forgot every song on it. Landing on Water has a couple of gems amongst the dross (Touch The Night, Violent Side). Reactor is a bit better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-02 20:18 by Gazza.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 3, 2013 03:04

I forgot about Fork in the Road, a true stinker. Everything on it seems totally dashed off, like it was written on the way to the studio that day. Although he was referring to mp3s in the title song when he sang "Listen to this/Sounds like sh-t," he might as well have been referring to that album.

Posted by: Horseswild ()
Date: December 3, 2013 03:17

"Paradise Theater" by Styx . Although I think I bought it for the laser etching on the vinyl which was way cool !!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 3, 2013 11:40

Dirty Work is a great album.

There are tons of albums in my collection that I don't like, or I don't like anymore. But I wouldn't call them "bad".

The shuffle function of my ipod makes justice to many albums I had buried a long time ago in my shelves. Every now and then some interesting new/familiar song pops up and when I check where it comes from, well more than one big surprise.

C

Date: December 3, 2013 12:34

It's amazing that Stones fans seriously consider Dirty Work and Undercover as contenders for the worst albums in their collection.

Do you guys only own Stones records? And even then those albums wouldn't be the worst ones... confused smiley

Date: December 3, 2013 13:07

DandelionPowderman
It's amazing that Stones fans seriously consider Dirty Work and Undercover as contenders for the worst albums in their collection.

Do you guys only own Stones records? And even then those albums wouldn't be the worst ones... confused smiley

I had the same thoughts to be honest....but isnt that being hardcore?? only stonesalbums in the collection..smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 3, 2013 13:18

I did try cause I love the man, but Bob Dylan's Tempest is probably my worst recent download purchase. Listened to it a few times and just couldn't do it again...

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 3, 2013 14:43

I am not especially keen on these "Worst of" threads. And to be bad: Is that to be taken as a (negative) quality or a lack of quality?

I redefine the theme of the thread here to concern the most painful albums to listen to that I have got. I stress that in no way the following albums are bad. But to me they are mentally heavy to listen to, as a consequence of their subjectmatter, such as the lyrics present it in each case.

Lou Reed: BERLIN
Lou Reed: SONGS OF MAGIC AND LOSS

Date: December 3, 2013 14:47

latebloomer
I did try cause I love the man, but Bob Dylan's Tempest is probably my worst recent download purchase. Listened to it a few times and just couldn't do it again...

Tempest is on my Dylan Top 3 albumlist spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:00

Come On
DandelionPowderman

I had the same thoughts to be honest....but isnt that being hardcore?? only stonesalbums in the collection..smiling smiley

Yes, and that Dirty Work - thing is partly a truth, partly a joke!!!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: December 3, 2013 17:24

I have the Charles Manson album. I haven't listened to it in probably 35 years but I remember it as being quite terrible.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 3, 2013 22:32

Guns and Roses, The Spaghetti Incident anyone?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 3, 2013 22:43

Tempest is on my Dylan Top 3 albumlist

....heck that's sad ...you need ta get out more

ROCKMAN

Date: December 3, 2013 22:57

Come On
DandelionPowderman

Its not hardcore. Its retarded.

If the Stones (or any performer) havent managed to turn their fans on to artists who have inspired them, then I think even they would agree thats a massive failure on their part.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 3, 2013 23:33

Gazza

If Dirty Work, Landing on water, Down in the Groove etc are the worst records some of us own, then either we have very limited record collections or a few embarrassing musical skeletons in the cupboard we're not ready to own up to!

Yup three words come to mind : Stock Aitken and Waterman...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2013 02:24

dcba
Gazza

Yup three words come to mind : Stock Aitken and Waterman...

When I hear the first word, Stock, Buy/Sell comes to mind.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: December 4, 2013 04:04

tomcasagranda
For me, it happens to be Landing On Water by Neil Young.

I just purchased a copy of this on vinyl today.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: December 4, 2013 04:07

Bruce Springsteen - Working on a Dream.

Complete garbage. Not a single redeeming moment on the entire LP.

Date: December 4, 2013 08:51

Rockman
Tempest is on my Dylan Top 3 albumlist

....heck that's sad ...you need ta get out more

smiling smiley I'm out all the time...walking the dog...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:28

I love Tempest. Is very special, but difficult album to hear

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:29

Once you get on, it's marvellous and i do not get tired of it.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:41

Because I loved 'Don't you (forget about me)', 'Alive and kicking' and 'Belfast child', I once asked for a best of Album by the Simple Minds for Christmas. To see if I would love some of their other stuff as well.

However, the only good songs on the double cd turned out to be 'Don't you (forget about me)', 'Alive and kicking' and 'Belfast child'. The rest was utterly boring.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home