Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT Peter Wolf
Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:18

Yep, and glad you enjoyed it. I liked his show a lot awhile ago when Bette Levette opened up.

Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 23:05

These Chicago area shows are being billed as "an acoustic evening" with Peter Wolf. I am really looking forward to it!

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:44

I have been so fortunate to catch Wolf and his Midnight Travelers in concert here in Maine ( at least 10 times in the last 2 years)----my advice-- if he's coming anywhere near your town-- GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best nights out you will have for years to come. A terrific night out !!!!!!!!!!
Don't delay-- order your tickets and go !

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: February 22, 2014 02:21

rollmops
Peter's "Sleepless" is great with Mick and Keith playing each of them playing on a different song.

What got me about "Nothing but the Wheel" was that Keith didn't play on it, but the guitars are so Keith, he should have played on it. And listening to the vocals, maybe it's just me, but Wolf does these unmistakable Keithisms here and there. Listen to the line at 0:50, "Tryin' to explain the way I feel". Even w/o the rasp I'd swear it was KR.

Re: O/T Peter Wolf
Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: February 22, 2014 09:48

Ey Peter - come over to Europe and bring your old mates with you. A lot of people waiting...

OT: Peter Wolf
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: April 28, 2014 23:56

What's the consensus here on Peter Wolf? Can we agree Sleepless is one of the great albums of the last 25 years?

While the age does not work, I still say if Mick & Keef had a son, it would be Peter Wolf. The guy is a top shelf performer and simply exudes cool. I have been lucky enough to see him a few times here in California, it seems his writing partner Will Jennings lives here in Santa Barbara. The Wolf was around the local bars on off nights while recording his last two records here.

Someone should write his biography.

Re: OT: Peter Wolf
Date: April 29, 2014 00:00

Wolf is fantastic, and Sleepless is definitely a classic thumbs up

Date: April 29, 2014 00:27

Magic Dick was whispering several months ago about some possible West Coast JGB gigs. While I hope there was truth to what he said, I have a feeling he's just a Dick tease.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 29, 2014 00:34

Wooofa...Gooofa...always a great show

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 29, 2014 00:37

sdstonesguy
Magic Dick was whispering several months ago about some possible West Coast JGB gigs. While I hope there was truth to what he said, I have a feeling he's just a Dick tease.

I wish they'd do a full reunion tour... All of the small things they've done as JGB are just to far away from me to be viable. The farthest I've ever gone for a show was to see the Stones. If I could get JGB within that distance, I'm pretty sure I'd find a way to be in the room with them. Would also not think twice about a PW show if he came here to Knoxville. Really enjoy him on his own as well.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: April 29, 2014 00:41

Please, make friends with Mr Geils again!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 29, 2014 00:50

DandelionPowderman
Please, make friends with Mr Geils again!

Amen. Something wrong about playing in a band without the namesake. Not sure if bridges need to be mended with Mr Justman as well.

I honestly believe that if I heard that JGB was in the studio working on a new album, I think I'd be more excited by that news than hearing the same news about the Stones.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: April 29, 2014 00:52

They played without Mr. Geils, and that would be ok with me too. Simply seeing the Wolf doing a rock show with the other guys would be close enough (closer than nothing at all). His solo stuff is just so darn good, but the rock show would be something else.

They seem to stick to the East Coast, hit Detroit, maybe Chicago.

I recall about 5 years ago reading about Wolf at a Pistons game...when they put him on the big screen...he got a standing ovation. Hard to believe...but I like the story.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 29, 2014 01:07

Its not hard to believe. JGB were adopted by Detroit and some of their most raucous hard hitting shows happen in Detroit. The always sell out here and the crowd is hard-core and goes crazy. I am seeing Peter Wolf next Monday in Ann Arbor MI at the Ark. Gonna be a smoker! He's playing two nights at this amazing venue.

Date: April 29, 2014 01:11

Yeah, I knew it was their 2nd home....but a 20,000 person arena with many young people recognizing his mug seemed a stretch (it's not like seeing Jagger).

You're a lucky man white...push him back to Santa Barbara for me!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 29, 2014 01:35

Saw Peter Wolf and his band after his last album (Midnight Souvenirs...which is brilliant!) was released and they were amazing.

Saw the J Geils Band sans J. It was a great show. Seth Justman, DK, Magic Dick and Wolf plus a new drummer, Duke Levine and Peter's guitarist, plus Uptown Horns....they were not missing J musically at all. Great great show. They were having fun and so was the crowd. Played hits, played some deep cuts and covers, and re-arranged some songs like Homework, that added to the show.

I prefer Midnight Souvenirs to Sleepless, but both are great records.

Peter is playing some midwest dates, some in clubs, now.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 29, 2014 15:37

Loved his last CD. Solid all the way thru

Date: April 29, 2014 15:44

I hope Wolf makes a new album soon. Midnight Souvenirs was indeed great thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 29, 2014 15:58

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 29, 2014 16:05

sdstonesguy
What's the consensus here on Peter Wolf? Can we agree Sleepless is one of the great albums of the last 25 years?

While the age does not work, I still say if Mick & Keef had a son, it would be Peter Wolf. The guy is a top shelf performer and simply exudes cool. I have been lucky enough to see him a few times here in California, it seems his writing partner Will Jennings lives here in Santa Barbara. The Wolf was around the local bars on off nights while recording his last two records here.

Someone should write his biography.

Really hope he will play a show at the Paradiso, amsterdam, or somewhere else in holland.
Great guy.
jeroen

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 29, 2014 16:21

I've seen 2 great J.Geils with Peter Wolfe concerts while touring with The Stones in 1982.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 29, 2014 17:08

I was at the Peter Wolf club show at SPACE in Evanston last night with my wife. As usual he did not disappoint. Wolf is the consumate showman, one of the kings of cool, and makes the audience feel like they are old friends. Great setlist combining a nice range of his solo stuff as well as Geils numbers. His 3 man backing band were excellent musicians and really it would be hard to call this a fully accoustic show.The 2 guitar setup had one guy on accoustic, and a lap steel. Other guy played banjo, mandolin and plugged in Telecaster that ran thru some small Fender amps. Stand up bass provided bottom. Pete told some great stories and his 2 hour set flew by. He is playing again tonight I think at City Winery on W Randolph St. I doubt there are tickets left, but if you are interested by all means check it out. You won't be disapppointed. I wish Wolf or Geils band came around more often. Shows like last night are the reason why you can't beat great live music in a small venue. SPACE is a fantastic place to hear music. Highly recommended for future reference.

Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: April 29, 2014 17:09

His acoustic gig last night at SPACE in Evanston was fantastic! He is in Chicago tonight and tomorrow at City Winery; a definite must see.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 29, 2014 17:20

Pete is at City Winery tonight and tomorrow. Just bought 2 for Wednesday. Not many left.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 29, 2014 17:59

runaway
I've seen 2 great J.Geils with Peter Wolfe concerts while touring with The Stones in 1982.

Yeah, me too, 5. it was great !!!
Jeroen

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: April 29, 2014 18:21

The "Midnight souvenirs" Album is ( I think) even better than "Sleepless"which is pretty solid,too.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 29, 2014 18:22

The Second greatest rock front man. Ever.

Date: April 29, 2014 18:58

That sounds like a fair statement to me.

What a history too. Muddy sleeping on his couch. Hanging with Mick & Keef before he was big. Marrying Faye Dunaway. I'm telling you...he needs a biography out!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 29, 2014 21:06

The Towne Ballroom?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 30, 2014 00:16

MisterDDDD
The Second greatest rock front man. Ever.

Mighty big words.

I would say the Greatest Rock Front Man. Ever.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home