Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Paul Walker killed in a car accident.
Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: December 1, 2013 07:50

Paul Walker of Fast & Furious fame was killed in an automobile accident, he was 40 years old.

Re: OT Paul Walker killed in a car accident.
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 1, 2013 08:17

Sad news. My wife is a big fan of the Fast And Furious movies.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 1, 2013 12:54

Adding to the tragedy, he was on his way to a benefit for the Philippine typhoon victims. Ironic in that he died in high speed car crash although he wasn't driving. I've enjoyed the F & F movies. I know they aren't high art but they are hugely entertaining. He'll be missed there.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 1, 2013 16:56

dcba
Never heard of they [sic] guy...

Paul Walker only was in a handful of movies outside of the "Fast & Furious" series and none of them were blockbusters.

Very sad. My thoughts & prayers are with his family, especially his 15-year-old daughter.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 1, 2013 16:57

RIP Paul Walker

I'm a fan of the Fast & Furious movies

[www.theguardian.com]

Date: December 1, 2013 17:35

I wonder whether he had completed his scenes for the upcoming Fast & Furious 7?

Date: December 1, 2013 18:55

MILKYWAY
dcba
Never heard of they [sic] guy...

Paul Walker only was in a handful of movies outside of the "Fast & Furious" series and none of them were blockbusters.

Very sad. My thoughts & prayers are with his family, especially his 15-year-old daughter.

not true. walker appeared in over 20 films outside of the fast and furious series. varsity blues, shes all that, eight below and takers were considered huge successful films.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-01 18:56 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 2, 2013 02:49

I first took notice of him as the beautiful boy from Pleasantville. He was supposed to have been a pretty great guy, other than the fact that he started dating a 16 y/o when he was 33 (yes I know other famous men have done similarly, but it's still crappy).

I'm hearing that his daughter was close by when the accident happened and possiby even witnessed it. How horrific for her if that is the case. I'm hoping God mercifully took him from the collision instead of being burned alive. The car is completely charred. Weird accident, the tree they hit was not even very big, thin enough that you would expect the tree to have collapsed, not make the car explode.

Rest in peace to Paul and the driver.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: December 2, 2013 16:21

The car hit a pole. The tree was nearby.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 2, 2013 17:34

I've only seen a couple of his movies, one of them being the first Fast And Furious movie, I haven't seen the others. I saw that movie Joy Ride after I came home drunk one night a decade ago, and I liked it. Mostly because of Steve Zahn though, who played the comic relief to Paul's pretty boy/hero role.

MILKYWAY

He was in a few pretty big movies, not sure if they qualify as blockbusters though. The biggest being Flags Of Our Fathers, but a few other well-known movies (though not exactly high art) like Varsity Blues and She's All That, both of which were #1 at the box office and raked in a lot of money from high school kids. He was also in Pleasantville, which is a movie I haven't seen but have heard many good things about. I think Paul had a small role in that one though. But yes, he will be mostly remembered for the Fast and Furious movies. They really launched him as a star and maintained his career.

Date: December 2, 2013 20:34

Reports today suggest the car was in a 'street race'

Re: OT Paul Walker killed in a car accident
Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 2, 2013 20:52

I stand corrected, keefriffhard4life & NoCode0680. I see at least one of Paul Walker's non-Fast & Furious films pulled in over US$100 million.

I just always saw him as Mr. Fast & Furious.

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 2, 2013 21:35

I had no idea who this fellow was until my teenage son filled me in.

Posted by: Des ()
Date: December 2, 2013 21:38

They played a nasty interview with a friend who was at the rental shop and rushed to the scene and painted a devestating account of the immediate time after impact. Some very vallient efforts to save both passengers. And they indicated a trail of stearing fluid was found along the road.

Re: OT Paul Walker killed in a car accident
Date: December 2, 2013 23:01

MILKYWAY
I stand corrected, keefriffhard4life & NoCode0680. I see at least one of Paul Walker's non-Fast & Furious films pulled in over US$100 million.

I just always saw him as Mr. Fast & Furious.

they also judge a movie a hit if it can bring in at lease 3X its budget and a few of his movies did

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:56

It's a very sad story. I never followed his career, but he always reminded me of Brad Pitt, but less pretty-boy and more rugged looking than him as he got older. I saw him in Pleasantville but that's about it except for some movie trailers. Wasn't into the "Fast and Furious" franchise. Seemingly he was a very nice guy and well-respected, which isn't always the case for Hollywood actors. I feel badly for his family, especially his daughter. Died way too young.

Date: December 4, 2013 16:01

R
I had no idea who this fellow was until my teenage son filled me in.

Nor did I.

It's sad anyway...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 4, 2013 17:31

Sounds like an issue with the car.
This is not the first time this particular vehicle has had a problem.

Date: December 4, 2013 17:58

Just before the accident and the possible reason they took the car out for a spin..to say the least..was that the car was stalling when placed in reverse. So they were testing it to see what was wrong. Paul Walker told someone he'd be right back. It could have been car problems that caused the crash or speed or both.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 4, 2013 18:17

Probably both. At high speeds things go wrong in a hurry.

one story of this car says that back in 2005 Jay Leno was on a race track (Talladega) driving this car and the down force was working until he got too close to the wall, which changed the air, and he spun around 5 times,,, luckily he did not hit a tree, or anything

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 5, 2013 06:44

Autopsy reports said he died from "traumatic and thermal injuries."

Date: December 5, 2013 15:56

The report out now is that the driver died instantly and Walker died within seconds..hopefully, he was unconscious and not remotely aware of what happened even if it was only seconds.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 5, 2013 17:41

Kinda wish I had been more aware of him as an actor and person before his death as he really seems to have been a pretty good person. I saw a segment from a news broadcast yesterday (sorry, I haven't been able to find the link to attach it here) where a sales clerk told a story from 10+ years ago...

Basicly, Paul Walker was shopping at a jewelry store and overheard a couple in the store who were shopping for an engagement/wedding ring set. The man was a soldier home on leave and they were wanting to get engaged before he re-deployed. They found something that the woman was very excited by but the couple couldn't afford the price. Paul Walker then called the manager over, asked if he could make the purchase for the couple anomously and left the store. All of the employees kept the secret for him all of these years. It was only after his death that one of the clerks decided that she'd let the story be told so his fans and family could know about this specific act of kindness. For my part, I'm impressed by both Walker and the staff of the store for their parts in the story.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: December 5, 2013 20:07

Also, Bill Beckwith who hosted HGTV's Curb Appeal, died on Monday in a motorcycle crash in San Francisco.

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: December 6, 2013 09:47

Used to work on Rye Canyon Road, where crash occurred. Can be treacherous to drive! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 23, 2013 12:19

This is a great tribute song for Paul Walker by RZA

Date: December 24, 2013 04:07

Vin Diesel has posted a picture of himself and Paul Walker during the filming of their last scene together from the forthcoming Fast & Furious 7 movie. Also announced, is the release date :-

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: December 24, 2013 10:20

CindyC
I first took notice of him as the beautiful boy from Pleasantville. He was supposed to have been a pretty great guy, other than the fact that he started dating a 16 y/o when he was 33 (yes I know other famous men have done similarly, but it's still crappy).

I'm hearing that his daughter was close by when the accident happened and possiby even witnessed it. How horrific for her if that is the case. I'm hoping God mercifully took him from the collision instead of being burned alive. The car is completely charred. Weird accident, the tree they hit was not even very big, thin enough that you would expect the tree to have collapsed, not make the car explode.

Rest in peace to Paul and the driver.

Thought news reported he was from Glendale, CA. winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home