Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2014 Tour start
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 30, 2013 12:04

erad

Needless to say, I cannot wait. Springsteen and The Stones within a month? Yes please!

A guy in his 20's shouldn't miss NIN and the QOTSA either. We people from up-above would kill for such a double-bill...

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: November 30, 2013 15:04

Stoneswolf
bv
South America
Then I get so many questions from fans in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and other South American places. All I can say is they talked about shows for the spring.

Hi Bjornulf,
thank you so much for all your information. I am a bit confused about the South American rumors: first there were talks about March 2014 (spring in the northern hemisphere but autumn in southern hemisphere), later there were rumors for SA at the end of 2014. So: refering to which spring were they talking about shows?
Thanks

Stoneswolf

Thanks for al the info! A correction ; Mexico is part of North America along
with the US and Canada.

If you're looking into traveling in the Americas I would
go via Copa Airlines. All new boeing planes and the best punctuality
rate out of all Latin airlines. Cheers.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 30, 2013 16:05

Thanks buddysmileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2013 19:52

The last few days have been very very busy. I have been up day and night to sort out the right from the wrong rumours. As you can see it is now a 14 shows tour with a couple of missing dates but we are getting closer to the final picture. And I need to sleep soon!

Also I am between two storms, because there has been a storm of work - both Stones wise and work wise, and right now I am on my way to the western parts of Norway, where the big big winter storms will shut down airports during the next 24 hours. I trust SAS will bring me back home safely by tomorrow, when there will be storms and snow all over the south of Norway, also in my area. And a lot of trees that are not stayers across storms will be down. Destiny.

Many ask about tour dates in Europe. Or South Amnerica. Or North America. I just have to repeat what I have been saying in the past. The Rolling Stones do this like a person is dating. You do NOT date two persons at the same time. Right now they are dating "14 ON FIRE". Only. When this "date" is over, they will look into the next "date". Only time will tell what that date will be, they may choose between Europe and other "dates", but I think may be they will do Europe this summer if everything works as expected for the "14" date.

Finally, something I rarely do, but I had to do it. Tour budget! Last night. I had to make the calculations. Travel. Stay. Tickets. Work. Cost. Minimum, probably, maximum. The numbers were bad, real bad. This will be the most expensive experience ever. About four times more expensive than A Bigger Bang, per show. I was sleeping on it and as always I am more optimistic next morning. It is a matter of give and take, what to do and what NOT to do. It should be possible. I think...

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 4, 2013 20:01

Bjornulf, don't you think this thread should be a sticky ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: December 4, 2013 23:09

I was studying the world map on the SAS inflight magazine today, and the "14 ON FIRE" tour suddenly got closer, sort of. Also, I realize how far these cities are all apart. You will see all the cities this tour will visit on the map. Dubai is in the same area as Abu Dhabi. Macau is next to Hong Kong, which is just south of Guangzhou in China. Hanging Rock (Macedon) is next door to Melbourne.

It would be great if some graphics experts could place tongues on the cities so that we have the tour all "lined up"...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 4, 2013 23:15

bv
there will be storms and snow all over the south of Norway, also in my area.

Good luck to you and all the people who live in that area

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 4, 2013 23:18

Does "14 On Fire" mean, that they do only 14 shows?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 4, 2013 23:24

On that particular "leg", yes, I think it's still part of the "50 and Counting" tour...

@bv - thanks for all the hard work keeping us updated and good luck with the budgeting and weather!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: December 4, 2013 23:26

Ladykiller

Yes. I think so. 14 shows in 2014.
Then there will be 14 in Europe too, who knows!!!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: December 5, 2013 00:03

LadyKiller

I remember looking at the National Geographic atlas as a kid. There was a spread depicting the "Ring of Fire". It outlined plate boundaries, fault lines and associated volcanoes, etc. Looking at the map above, a lot of those shows seem to run along the Western part (Eastern hemisphere) of the ring.

Who knows?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 5, 2013 00:18

If you have frequent flyer miles, and you have achieved premier status or whatever your airline term is, I would call the line they provide you. BV brings up a well kept secret, these around the world packages. I have used one once, and that was on Northwest, that was bought up by Continental, that merged with United. At the time I used it, choose a direction, east or west, and fly; as long as each stop was at least 1 mile in the same East-West Direction I was told, I could fly North South as much as I wanted. I was not limited to just my airline, but flights had to at least code share. The problem I had with that ticket at that time, the total number of stops allowed in the USA were three. I think each company has their own rules, but you will find it hard to get the information.

Date: December 5, 2013 01:10

Try this one from Star Alliance:
[www.staralliance.com]
Use the link at the bottom of the screen:
Book your Round The World trip now

There are loads and loads of limitations, but they are mainly there to prevent people from using ticket to fly 10 times intercontinetal etc. You go east or west, and you must close the circle. You must like to fly because you will cross both the Pacific and the Atlantic (once only). Max 3 stops in Australia so use Qantas or other locals to fill in the gaps. And so on. For 2-3 shows this is an overkill, but for more this makes it cheaper. And if you never flew around the world, try it once, at least for the experience. Some day.

Bjornulf

Date: December 5, 2013 02:43

Kind of small, but I tried my (momentarily) best.
The red spots are suposed to be tongues. There are (including Dubai) 13 of the by now "14 on Fire"-places marked.

March 30 date Macedon Ranges is approx 80 Km /50 miles away from Melbourne.

If MT plays more or even rejoins the Stones, thoughts might lead to ...
Well we'll see / hear.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 5, 2013 02:49

Cheapest for local flights in Australia is Jet Star, a budget airline operated by Qantas, and Tiger Airways who don't have as good a reputation but are even cheaper still.
Jet Star also have cheap flights from Australia and Japan..

Posted by: winos ()
Date: December 5, 2013 02:50

Hanging Rock (Macedon) is not far from Melbourne airport - 30 mins on a good day. There isn't much accommodation near the Rock and most places would be booked out by now. There is accommodation at the airport (Holiday Inn & Parkroyal hotels) or further up the highway is Bendigo (plenty of motels, hotels etc) an historic gold mining town with a great art gallery.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: December 5, 2013 03:46

Distances:

Fri Feb 21 Abu Dhabi (distance to Dubai: km 150 / 93 miles)
(to Tokyo: km 8.050 / 5.000 miles)

Wed Feb 26 Tokyo (maybe time for a little sightseeing tour to Fukushima? - just kidding)

Tue Mar 4 Tokyo

Thu Mar 6 Tokyo (to Macau: km 2.940 / 1.830 miles)

Sun Mar 9 Macau (to Perth: km 5.500 / 3.500 miles)

Wed Mar 19 Perth (to Adelaide: km 2.130 / 1.325 miles)

Sat Mar 22 Adelaide (to Sydney: km 1.160 / 720 miles)

Tue Mar 25 Sydney (to Melbourne: km 715 / 445 miles)

Fri Mar 28 Melbourne (have a walk to Macedon Ranges: km 80 / 50 miles)

Sun Mar 30 Macedon Ranges (to Brisbane: 1.375 km / 850 miles)

Wed Apr 2 Brisbane (to Auckland: 2.300 km / 1.430 miles)

Sat Apr 5 Auckland

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 5, 2013 03:50

bv

It would be great if some graphics experts could place tongues on the cities so that we have the tour all "lined up"...

Here my try:

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-23 22:40 by Irix.

Date: December 5, 2013 09:19

Irix
bv

Here my try:

Beautiful. Many thanks!

Bjornulf

Date: December 5, 2013 10:33

That's great, Irix

-------------------

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 5, 2013 11:19

bv
Try this one from Star Alliance:
[www.staralliance.com]
Use the link at the bottom of the screen:
Book your Round The World trip now

There are loads and loads of limitations, but they are mainly there to prevent people from using ticket to fly 10 times intercontinetal etc. You go east or west, and you must close the circle. You must like to fly because you will cross both the Pacific and the Atlantic (once only). Max 3 stops in Australia so use Qantas or other locals to fill in the gaps. And so on. For 2-3 shows this is an overkill, but for more this makes it cheaper. And if you never flew around the world, try it once, at least for the experience. Some day.

Sorry for the OT but I had no idea this existed, amazing! Although I'm not sure about pricing...ran a quick simulation for a round the trip world for 2 starting from Paris, 39000 miles, €10k...will have to do that someday though ;-)

BTW, great map!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: December 5, 2013 13:20

In addition to all the great travel information already offered by bv and others, I would suggest that for those visiting multiple cities in Australia & NZ the Qantas 'Walkabout Pass' might be a good option. To take advantage of this, you have to fly internationally with Qantas. Full details can be found on the Qantas site here - [www.qantas.com.au]

Is Bjornulf going to tour this one ?
Posted by: RogerStones ()
Date: December 5, 2013 12:18

Bjornulf, are tou touring this one ?!?!?

Roger

I know, it's only rock'n roll but I like it !!

Re: Is Bjornulf going to tour this one ?
Date: December 5, 2013 12:19

Date: December 5, 2013 12:41

DandelionPowderman
[www.iorr.org]

Good answer

-------------------

Date: December 5, 2013 13:50

For the posters who like it short and sweet:

<Quote
jazzbass
Thanks BV. Do you plan on attending the Australia and/or Far East shows?>

Yes.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 5, 2013 14:18

BV has the most understanding wife and family on the planet.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 5, 2013 14:18

I may be splitting hair but doesn't this thread go against the forum policies?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 5, 2013 14:58

Should it be O T hot smiley

Date: December 5, 2013 20:50

The forum policy is saying you should not post a discussion about other individuals i.e. persons. I merged the "Is Bjornulf going to tour this one" thread into the "Countdown" thread, which is about tour planning and the day-to-day life as a Stones fan these days. I do have a private life, but I realize there is some things to learn from experience, so I am posting some of my experienes from the past 42 years on tour with the Stones. If you pay attention then there might be some hidden secret info as well, but I would have to hide it, otherwise it would not be secret, like rehearsals, club shows and so on. We don't want to have a bunch of autograph hunters chasing our "boys", we saw how that worked in LA, 50/50 fans and "hunters" pushing the limits, they are crazy... Yes, they will rehearse before the Abu Dhabi show.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home