Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My wife just got rid of me
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2005 14:50

I am sitting on an intercontinental flight to New York City, being just above Reykjavik Iceland right now. Nice thing you can get internet even on flights now, so I won't be offline anymore. Like many other Stones fans I feel bad because my mind is on the Stones Tour these days rather than on family matters. Funny thing is my wife said she was glad to get rid of me this morning. No use of me having me around being a zombie. Three out of four times my mind is on Moncton, Charlotte, Boston or NYC rather than on day-to-day stuff. I guess I have been like that for some time now.

Yes. I am on my way to the press conference. I was there in Aug 1997 NYC Brooklyn. Heard Anybody Seen My Baby live out of the PA for the first time ever while Mick drove the cab over the bridge. And I was at Van Courtland Park when they did not have any new studio album, still had a great tour to announce. Now I am even more excited. A new tour. A new album. Lots of great new songs for sure. And lots of great, great shows to come. No wonder my wife can't have any use of me at home. It's the Stones that are on my mind now. How lucky we are. But when this all is over, next week, I will be back home of course. It is not permanent. Just for the time being.

Bjornulf

Re: My wife just got rid of me
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 8, 2005 14:54

Yeah! Sure is a great time to be alive

Good luck & take care....and please gather all the info you can.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 8, 2005 14:56

My girlfriend can't take one more IORR-outtake or Memory MOtel or stories about Keith's 70s. Hang in there mate!

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 8, 2005 14:57

I envy you, Bjornulf. But I know that you'll tell us all the interesting news as soon as possible :-)
Tell the boys I said hello ;-)

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 8, 2005 15:05

Bon voyage! Pls let us know what channel we might be able to catch it on in europe.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 8, 2005 15:07

Have a great time Bjornulf! Tell New York we love The Stones!

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 8, 2005 15:23

Enjoy NYC, Bjornulf!
I know we can always count on your detailed reports.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 8, 2005 15:31

Great for you BV and for us as you share all the info.
Still, I have to admit, I am green with envy winking smiley

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 8, 2005 15:37

Swedish Stones fans right behind you, Björnulf: kör så det ryker!

Date: May 8, 2005 16:04

Well if you are from Sweden then you must me in heaven now, beating the Canadian Ice Hockey team? By the way... My own local team in Norway just signed Esa Tikkanen as a coach for the next season. So they will be in the best hands while I am away following Stones shows...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: May 8, 2005 16:12

you have too much cash bv....

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 8, 2005 16:13

We get a world championship in hockey every year, it´s booooring. But we don´t get the Stones on tour every year, so that´s really exciting!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 8, 2005 16:15

I share the (lack of) interest of Ville... But nice of you, Björnulf, to post this... And my dad recenly was elected the Chairman of Timrå Red Eagles (or Timrå IK which is a more proper name).
Björnulf: Dont do anything in the US that we others wouldnt do!! smiling smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 8, 2005 17:10

smile: go Björnulf go!
have a brilliant time!

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: May 8, 2005 17:45

We're right by your side "all the way down" BV.
Just as excited as you and my girlfriend aid told me yesterday
that I should see in about two years from now!
Hopefully she was joking but she hasn't answered my calls today! (lol)

HJofSweden

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 8, 2005 18:12

Our best man in NYC - the place to be on Tuesday!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 8, 2005 18:52

have fun over there!

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: May 8, 2005 21:04

Have a fantastic time!

PS: an idea for when you get back:
Isn't it about time you create a "corner" for all the poor widows and widowers of RS fans on Tell Me for when the tour approaches?????

They could post stuff like f.e.

" My husband is sitting on a plane to NY to see the Stones press conference, but I asked him to put the rubbish bin out this morning and to feed the cat before he leaves for the airport, and when I got back home tonight I found the cat locked out in front of the house door and the smelly dustbin in the kitchen in front of the Whiskas plate. I am reaching extreme levels of despair.....What am I to do?????"

We could have different agony aunts giving helpful advice.....I'll volunteer every now and then.....

Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: May 8, 2005 21:14

Have a good stay in New York, dear Bjornulf !
How lucky you are...
Ask The Stones as many questions as you can.

And make us share all the infos you will have !

Cheers.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 8, 2005 21:42

Bite the Big Apple, Bjoernulf! Oh, how much we envy you, but if anyone deserves to be there, it's you. And as all the others that post on or read your great board we can't wait to hear your detailed report about the press conference. Enjoy your stay and tell the boys we are ready for rock'n roll!!!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 8, 2005 21:48

BV: This winter at least shovel the snow.

Posted by: Richard Deaner ()
Date: May 8, 2005 21:56

Hello BV. I am deciding on wheather or not to go up to NY from Baltimore on the Amtrak train? If one does not have press credentials, is it worth the trip to possibly see or hear nothing? If I am not going to get in for the "mini concert", I would rather put the travel money towards the tour.

Thanks BV. Have a safe trip.

Rick

Date: May 8, 2005 22:33

Bjornulf. At some point during your flight, it will be under the control of Moncton Air Traffic. It's overcast and raining in this part of North America so you won't see anything of the land mass, however, it will all soon be Stones country!! Already I am making plans to see them in Moncton. My friend and I are wondering if we will have to camp out overnight for tickets etc. Rumours are flying all over the place. Will just have to wait it out until Tuesday. Please keep us informed ASAP. Have fun in NYC.

Richard

I have nightmares, thinking that I might not be able to get tickets.

Date: May 8, 2005 22:42

I booked a hotel in Moncton some weeks ago, next to the site. Don't ask me why. What else can a poor boy do? I just did it. I hope I can go. The booking can be cancelled but Moncton will go on of course. And indeed it felt strange to fly over the area today... Tickets should go on sale Saturday for the first lot of shows I think. Details on Tuesday. High ticket prices will make it easier to get tickets I think. They will not go in a minute. May be in an hour or so.

As for the press conference, they do usually have strong security with badges/passes and accreditation. This time it is indoor it seems so I am not sure if you will see or hear anything. Hard to say. But I would suppose they want a controlled environment as they broadcast all over the world.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 9, 2005 00:58

Well, you did right - I found that it's already impossible to get a hotel there!

Date: May 9, 2005 01:04

Probably the only hotels available would be outside Moncton. Try the Quality Inn in Sussex, New Brunswick. It's right on the main highway from Saint John to Moncton and is about 80 km from the concert site. The phone number is 1 506 433-3470. I'm glad I can do the trip from home easily.

Richard

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 9, 2005 01:18

BV you go Boyo!!
Hop that motherfucking aeroplane to NYC. Right on! You are like my new hero now. yessir. Checking on the Stones for us. You make sure to tell Jagger that there are a bunch of hardcores ready to bust another bottle this summer.

Posted by: RvO-NL-1 ()
Date: May 9, 2005 01:47

Good Luck ....hope you will make it

Cheers

Cheers RvO-NL

StonesForum.nl

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: May 9, 2005 04:08

Hold on everybody! The fun is about to begin! Yipppeeee!
I love the excitment a new tour brings! I fortunately have a wife that loves the Stones as much as I do. We are so ready for this tour. I hope we get to see you all at some shows! Thanks for all you do for us Bjornulf!
Fred Hardin
Savannah, GA
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 9, 2005 05:28

BV,
Have a safe trip and God Bless.
Cheers to your wife!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home