Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: OT: Saw Springsteen last night here in Atlanta
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 27, 2014 22:42

I like Bruce alot and saw him in late 2012 in Vancouver, the night after seeing Paul McCartney. However, I guess I'm one of those fans that isn't familiar with all of his tunes, mostly just the hits. I would actually prefer to see him doing a concert loaded with warhorses!

Re: OT: Saw Springsteen last night here in Atlanta
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 27, 2014 23:13

Glad you had a good time

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen 2014
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 27, 2014 23:40

Seen Bruce and E-Street band 4 times in U.K. and Miami and always a great gig.

Something really special was just him,guitar and piano a few years ago at Royal Albert Hall,London when I managed to get there with a fan from here on IORR.

What a show. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 27, 2014 23:59

smileys with beerI have seen him twice Hyde Park 2012 and Wembley 2013 and was struck by the diversity of the two performances. The Hyde
Park concert was fantastic, a truly joyous celebration. On the other hand the Wembley performance was reflective, sensitive and emotional, he had revelead his vulnerability and his true core. What a magnificent night! I cannot wait for him to come back to the UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-28 00:25 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 28, 2014 00:04

I had tickets for last night in Atlanta when he did a ton of songs from my favorite album The River. I however wasn't there, having injured my foot. sad smiley sad smiley

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 28, 2014 00:10

Aquamarine
I had tickets for last night in Atlanta when he did a ton of songs from my favorite album The River. I however wasn't there, having injured my foot. sad smiley sad smiley
Aquamarine, sorry to hear that, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 28, 2014 00:21

Aqua..............hope you feel better soon,and hopefully can get to 1 or 2 of the European gigs.

Pain not too bad,I hope. thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 28, 2014 00:28

Thank you both. 2014 hasn't been the best of years so far, but I guess it's not over yet (which I hope is a good thing!).

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 28, 2014 00:28

Aquamarine

Aqua-so sorry to hear that. Also wish you a speedy recovery.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 28, 2014 00:57

Sighunt
Aquamarine

Aqua-so sorry to hear that. Also wish you a speedy recovery.

He will return!! And you will foot loose and fancy free!!!

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: May 7, 2014 18:58

I went to the Houston show last night. With 17 backing musicians, all of whom got plenty of front-of-stage time, the show was even more 'religious revival'than ever. Other than a sweet duet with Bruce on 'One Step Up', Patti was probably the least featured of any of them.

3+ hours and about 30 songs. The set list says there's an encore, but there's no leaving the stage or even a break, just charge ahead to the next song. Anyone familiar with Bruce knows not to expect to see the same show you saw last tour, or even last night, so I just laughed to myself when I heard some old grump complaining that they didn't play 'Born in the USA'. I was glad I familiarized myself with the material on 'High Hopes' & 'Wrecking Ball' cause there were several cuts from these releases. I don't know how anyone could stand still during 'Shackled and Drawn' - that's religious revival at it's finest. Tom Morello adds a guitar hero element on several songs that has not been there before. Max still pounds the drums with more power than guys half his age. He was already soaked with sweat halfway through the show.

Of course there's some shtick, like taking signs from the audience and then playing the songs like it's spur of the moment; but I saw all of those songs on the printed set list at the front mixing board. I asked the guy for a copy of the set list after the show, but he wouldn't share. Two brothers came on stage to sing on 'No Surrender' and their enthusiasm was entertaining - running around hugging and shaking hands will all the band members after the song.

I love my Stones and I'm hoping a strong wind will blow them through Texas at least one more time, but Bruce is amazing. Catch him if you get the chance.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 7, 2014 19:17

Thanks Crackinup. Glad you liked it. saw Bruce in Holland several times, also small gigs. Really like him live, although i dont like his last couple of albums.
Jeroen

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 7, 2014 23:11

Good report Crackinup. I see him for the 15th time at Mohegan Sun in CT next Sat. and can't wait. Been following this tour leg quite closely (just missed seeing the New Orleans show over the weekend). Truly, his set lists are a fans dream. On his recent Aussie tour (and others) he has done complete Born to Runs, The Wild the Innocent, etc. Can you imagine the Stones mid-set all of a sudden doing all of Let it Bleed, or Sticky Fingers?
Another point, which I think others have mentioned, is the downloads he makes available at brucespringsteen.net. $10 gets you a great 3 hour+ show - well worth it. The decision becomes - which one to get??! I can highly recommend the Brisbane show from 2/26/14 which is where he does the complete The Wild The Innocent..., including epic versions of Kitty's Back, and NY Serenade. Really great.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 8, 2014 01:49

"Who says the kids aren’t into Bruce Springsteen?

At The Boss’s show in Houston last night, two teenagers worked their way on stage for “No Surrender” — and wowed Bruce by knowing every word of the 1984 “Born in the U.S.A.” song.

His reaction is priceless as he stands back and lets them take over. Watch below."

[www.salon.com]

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: May 8, 2014 13:33

167 different songs done on the 2014 tour so far...only 5 done every night.
[www.setlist.fm]

still 4 more shows to do...

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 8, 2014 14:54

We saw him in Ft. Lauderdale on April 29th and he was amazing as always, played Linda Let Me Be The One, an outtake from Born To Run which had never been played live before...he also played a solo accoustic version of, I Wanna Marry You, said the band didn't know it. I bought the FLAC version of the show from his website for $15.00 and have listened to it several time!smiling smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 8, 2014 16:25

Mr.D
We saw him in Ft. Lauderdale on April 29th and he was amazing as always, played Linda Let Me Be The One, an outtake from Born To Run which had never been played live before...he also played a solo accoustic version of, I Wanna Marry You, said the band didn't know it. I bought the FLAC version of the show from his website for $15.00 and have listened to it several time!smiling smiley

I was at the same incredible show. He should continue the U.S. Tour after the Conn. shows!!!

Here's a YT posting of LLMBTO from the concert-

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 8, 2014 19:28

where in the world is Sylvio Dante ?

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: May 8, 2014 19:38

TheGreek

Working on the Lillehammer

Date: May 8, 2014 19:42

fahthree
TheGreek

Working on the Lillehammer
i know, that is what i was told last night. what is his name on the new tv netflix show? a bruce show without his "consiglere"

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 11, 2014 13:40

He also knocked it out of the park at Jazzfest in New Orleans on May 3! He was less chatty than in 2012 and played a tasty gumbo of old favorites, newer songs, and folk songs from the Seeger Sessions album, with a hymnlike version of When the Saints Go Marchin' In thrown in as well.

Date: May 11, 2014 16:25

The Boss is better than the Stones in the fact that he doesn't play a 2 1/2 hour set with 19-22 songs, keeping 97% of the songs the same as they have been for the past few years. I get to see him on one of his stops soon, and am glad he sounds great (from all the videos and stories).
BTW, which sounds better, the MP3s or FLACs of his shows?

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: May 11, 2014 16:32

Cristiano Radtke
"Who says the kids aren’t into Bruce Springsteen?

At The Boss’s show in Houston last night, two teenagers worked their way on stage for “No Surrender” — and wowed Bruce by knowing every word of the 1984 “Born in the U.S.A.” song.

His reaction is priceless as he stands back and lets them take over. Watch below."

[www.salon.com]

It does help the kids that there is is a video screen in front of Bruce which scrolls through the lyrics...you can see them glancing at it every so often......
That said this is a joyous video to watch.

Date: May 14, 2014 13:44

got to see Bruce Springsteen and the Mighty E-Street Band last night in Albany NY . WOW what a powerfull show . 2 hours and fifty minutes of pure bliss and magic in my ears .tremondous show!!!!!!! bruce and the E-Street band were out of this world great .what a magnificent sound bruce and the E-street band make.Bruce rocks and rolls and holds nothing back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 23, 2014 00:14

TheGreek

Met him in a bar in Oslo last night. Would have made a cool special guest smiling smiley

OT Bruce Springsteen: The Album Collection Vol. 1, 1973-84 Box Set Out Nov. 17th
Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: September 25, 2014 01:17

On November 17th, Columbia Records/Legacy Recordings will release Bruce Springsteen: The Album Collection Vol. 1 1973-1984, a boxed set comprised of remastered editions of the first seven albums recorded and released by Bruce Springsteen for Columbia Records between 1973 and 1984. All of the albums are newly remastered (five for the first time ever on CD) and all seven are making their remastered debut on vinyl.

The seven albums are recreations of their original packaging and the set is accompanied by a 60-page book featuring rarely-seen photos, memorabilia and original press clippings from Springsteen’s first decade as a recording artist.

Acclaimed engineer Bob Ludwig, working with Springsteen and longtime engineer Toby Scott, has remastered these albums, all newly transferred from the original analogue masters using the Plangent Process playback system.

Albums included:
Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)*
The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle (1973)*
Born To Run (1975)
Darkness On The Edge Of Town (1978)
The River (1980)*
Nebraska (1982)*
Born In The U.S.A. (1984)*
*denotes first time remastered on CD

‘Bruce Springsteen: The Album Collection Vol. 1 1973-1984’ is available for pre-order at iTunes. CD and LP pre-order at Amazon coming soon.

Re: OT Bruce Springsteen: The Album Collection Vol. 1, 1973-84 Box Set Out Nov. 17th
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 25, 2014 01:20

very nice...classic albums.

I'm up to my neck in Stones and Beatles vinyl reissues...I would sadly have to pass!

Re: OT Bruce Springsteen: The Album Collection Vol. 1, 1973-84 Box Set Out Nov. 17th
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 25, 2014 01:35

treaclefingers
very nice...classic albums.

I'm up to my neck in Stones and Beatles vinyl reissues...I would sadly have to pass!

Yup, the upcoming Stones, Zep & Floyd stuff trumps this.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 25, 2014 02:11

I'm assuming that all of these albums/CDs will be available individually also? I was just listening to The River and Born In The USA CD's last night and was hoping they'd get remastered soon. The songs on the Greatest Hits CD are remastered I believe because they sound better than the original CD's that I have.
Born In The USA, along with Scarecrow and Highway To Hell were the first 3 CD's I ever bought, Christmas 1985. At the time, there were no Stones CD's available (in Canada) yet. Or at least they didn't have any at A&B Sound, the huge stereo/cd stores in Vancouver.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 25, 2014 16:12

DGA35
I'm assuming that all of these albums/CDs will be available individually also? I was just listening to The River and Born In The USA CD's last night and was hoping they'd get remastered soon. The songs on the Greatest Hits CD are remastered I believe because they sound better than the original CD's that I have.
Born In The USA, along with Scarecrow and Highway To Hell were the first 3 CD's I ever bought, Christmas 1985. At the time, there were no Stones CD's available (in Canada) yet. Or at least they didn't have any at A&B Sound, the huge stereo/cd stores in Vancouver.

You make me pine for my youth...loved A&B sound. Aside from the indies, the best 'record' store in town now is London Drugs. Sad.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home