Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen 2014
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 24, 2014 02:45

Well I am fired up to see him 1 March in Auckland. Unlike some friends I have here on the board, I enjoy Springsteen , and no one, not ven MJ, works harder. I also appreciate the spontaneity of his show, and the fact that no two shows are alike,. That all said, I can't imagine doing his tour through 5 or 6 cities like I do with the Stones.
Miami Steve Van Zant will be here in Auckland right? I kind of feel about him what I do about Wyman, you don't miss him until he is gone, and though the band goes on without him, it aint the same.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 24, 2014 03:08

I adore Springsteen. One of the few live acts around that can leave me totally shattered come the end of the show. Can't wait to catch him once again in the future!

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 24, 2014 03:46

petewasbristol
I adore Springsteen. One of the few live acts around that can leave me totally shattered come the end of the show. Can't wait to catch him once again in the future!

I concur...when I last saw him in Anaheim in December 2012, I was thrashed by the end of the evening. As he once said during (I believe) the Roxy show in 1978, "You think this is a free ride? You wanna play, you gotta pay!"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 24, 2014 04:24

kahoosier
Well I am fired up to see him 1 March in Auckland. Unlike some friends I have here on the board, I enjoy Springsteen , and no one, not ven MJ, works harder. I also appreciate the spontaneity of his show, and the fact that no two shows are alike,. That all said, I can't imagine doing his tour through 5 or 6 cities like I do with the Stones.
Miami Steve Van Zant will be here in Auckland right? I kind of feel about him what I do about Wyman, you don't miss him until he is gone, and though the band goes on without him, it aint the same.

Yes, Van Zandt is playing the shows down under this time. Enjoy the gig, Doc.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 24, 2014 06:56

petewasbristol

Well articulated and spoken like a true fan. I have not left a concert feeling that way in years. I've never seen Springsteen.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: March 2, 2014 05:24

Gazza, if I make a sign that says, "Please play the electric Nebraska album." would there be any chance on earth that he would do something like that? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out lol

OT: Springsteen covers Lorde's "Royals" in NZ
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 2, 2014 01:03

He makes this mega-hit his own. Really cool, imo.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT: Springsteen covers Lorde's "Royals" in NZ
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 2, 2014 03:27

The whole show was a glorious noise that I am glad I experienced. Tom Morello has revitalized the E street Band in way that I never imagined his style of guitar would. Clarence Clemons will always be missed, but he is adequately covered by a whole horn section . Bruce chose to perform Born In The USA from beginning to end, he said for the first time, which took guts to do in a country other than the USA. But guts a plenty he had, deep cuts, runs into the audience, bringing audience members on stage, taking requests, the show breathed with spontaneity and excitement.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 2, 2014 03:53

Lorde's from New Zealand, I assume? This is just some ass-kissing for the locals. I don't believe for a minute that he actually likes this song.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-02 03:55 by tatters.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 2, 2014 04:00

And surprises like this make superstar concerts truly worthwhile.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: March 2, 2014 04:12

I was there as well. Amazing concert one of if not the best ive ever seen. Tom morello wss amazing, ghost of tom joad was insane!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: March 2, 2014 04:36

I was disappointed with Morello last year at the Melbourne gig, but last night! Holy Crap! Incredible show , another gig tonight.
Next?
Rolling Stones ........ In a month.
What a great year so far.....

Date: March 2, 2014 04:41

tatters
Lorde's from New Zealand, I assume? This is just some ass-kissing for the locals. I don't believe for a minute that he actually likes this song.

Why wouldn't Springsteen like this song? It has his lyrical ethos written all over it. I GUARANTEE YOU he likes it. smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 2, 2014 05:56

CanYouHearTheMusic
tatters

Why wouldn't Springsteen like this song? It has his lyrical ethos written all over it. I GUARANTEE YOU he likes it. smileys with beer

Why the hell would he feel the need to pander to the locals...I'm sure if he played it he likes it.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: March 2, 2014 06:08

JohnnyBGoode
Gazza, if I make a sign that says, "Please play the electric Nebraska album." would there be any chance on earth that he would do something like that? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out lol

"Electric Nebraska" album live:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-02 06:09 by JohnnyBGoode.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 2, 2014 07:00

The reality is that Bruce has a stronger overall catalog than The RS.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 2, 2014 15:31

trainarollin

yeah I just have to disagree with that.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 2, 2014 16:19

treaclefingers
CanYouHearTheMusic
tatters

Why the hell would he feel the need to pander to the locals...I'm sure if he played it he likes it.

He's been doing this at all of his concerts lately; playing something by someone who came from wherever he happens to be playing that particular night. The Stones occasionally engage in this sort of kiss-ass bull shit as well, like doing a few bars of "Wichita Lineman" when they were in Kansas. At least that was a good song grinning smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-02 17:01 by tatters.

Bruce & ESB Live from Dallas Sunday Eve; Streamed Free
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 5, 2014 00:54

Concert in Dallas (Sunday 7:15 10:15)-will be streamed live for free -

[backstreets.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-05 01:16 by Chris Fountain.

Re: Bruce & ESB Live from Dallas Sunday Eve; Streamed Free
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 5, 2014 01:25

3 hours. Seems short for Bruce grinning smiley .

Re: Bruce & ESB Live from Dallas Sunday Eve; Streamed Free
Date: April 7, 2014 01:13

One hour to go

Date: April 7, 2014 01:24

treaclefingers
trainarollin

yeah I just have to disagree with that.
I completely agree with that initial statement. Bruce didn't stop putting out relevant music IMO. The Stones' heyday is stronger than Bruce's entire catalogue, but on a whole, Bruce's has been more consistent throughout than the Stones.

Date: April 7, 2014 01:28

I just hope the website doesn't srew me over

OT: Saw Springsteen last night here in Atlanta
Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: April 27, 2014 19:18

Haven't seen Bruce since 1984 (Born in the USA tour), and only once before that, in 1978 (Darkness Tour, in Boston).

Fantastic show, the old man hasn't lost a step. If anything, he was better than ever. How can you miss, opening with Clampdown from the Clash, and finishing up with Highway to Hell!

If he comes around your town, and you have not seen him for awhile, give it a go. Just a great night of music.

Set list from last night:

Clampdown
Adam Raised a Cain
The Ties That Bind
Jackson Cage
She's the One
Independence Day (solo piano)
High Hopes
Just Like Fire Would
Tougher Than the Rest
Cadillac Ranch
Trapped
Point Blank
Heaven's Wall
Seeds
Death to My Hometown
Wrecking Ball
Shackled and Drawn
The Ghost of Tom Joad
The Rising
Badlands
Drive All Night
Born to Run
Ramrod
Dancing in the Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
Shout
Highway to Hell

Re: OT: Saw Springsteen last night here in Atlanta
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: April 27, 2014 19:27

Drive all night
I'm pretty jealous

Date: April 27, 2014 20:09

The man's a @#$%& tank. Its amazing what he is still capable of these days. Every show usually has 3 or so rarities and one or two tour premieres. He's certainly in a league of his own. Last night was a really good one with Drive All Night, Point Blank, Tougher Than The Rest and Independence Day making rare appearances. And those are next to the always reliable Adam Raised A Cain, Jackson Cage, Trapped, Ramrod and Cadillac Ranch. Big "River" last night.

Date: April 27, 2014 21:01

Sunrise, Fl Tuesday night - Can't Wait - Seats are hopefully good view -Section 122 Row 15 3 & 4. Overlooking from a side view - strategy worked well in Boston 2 for the Stones. Never can be sure -

In any event we are going to rock S. Florida!!!!

Glad all in Atlanta had great time!

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: April 27, 2014 21:43

"Cadillac Ranch" from last night's show....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 27, 2014 21:44

Thank god he's not playing Glory Days.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 27, 2014 21:48

I saw two shows on his Wrecking Ball Tour in 2012 (I have seen at least one show on every tour since 1984) and he still amazed me and exceeded my expectations. I loved the live versions of his Wrecking Ball material. Although some may disagree, I think Wrecking Ball was his strongest album since the Rising. Although I will always be a dedicated Stones fan, Bruce gets extra points in my book for continuing to take risks (which may not appeal to others who want him to be the same as 1975) on his body of work. It is nice to see him out performing and delivering the goods....

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2128
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home