Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Twickenham London DVD Four Flicks
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 3, 2005 12:55

Just commenting on YCAGWYW - Ron Wood had no idea what to play when he tried
to play an extended solo I guess I am the only human that saw that when watching
the video.

His TWO note solo on Tumbling Dice was spectacular to watch.

Re: Twickenham London DVD Four Flicks
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 3, 2005 13:09

IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....IT'S A WIND UP....

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: May 3, 2005 13:11

Why don't you start an "OpenG exclusive thread" to post ALL your opinions in ONLY one thread instead starting the daily one about your Vibrato-thing vs. Ronnie obssesion????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: May 3, 2005 13:16

Its all out there on DVD to watch and enjoy and comment.

Don,t read the thread you have the power.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: May 3, 2005 13:22

It's a magical poison: I can't avoid having a look, despite knowing I won't like it... Some kind of masochist (sp?) reaction

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: May 3, 2005 13:57

I still say it's a wind up....otherwise OG needs to get out more....

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 3, 2005 14:44

OMG PAVLOV I SEE THE LETTERS "OPEN G" AND MY EARS FILL WITH THE SOUND OF NAILS SCREECHING ON A CHALK BOARD!

Man Open G,,,for a guy that claims this si not personal with RW...we do not mind so much your vibarto obsession and adoration of Saint Taylor, at least that is positive energy. But you have stopped that.

BUT why for the name of God do you have to spend so much time posting so much negative Bull CRap about a man that you supposedly do not hate? And of late you are pointing out solos, bum notes, arm raisings, and on and on from DVDS etc which means YOU ARE SPENDING A LOT OF TIME LISTENING AND WATCHING THINGS YOU PROFESS GIVE YOU KNOW ENJOYMENT...APPARENTLY SO THAT YOU CAN FIND THINGS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IN DETAIL!

If you already know that yo do not like something why do you spend so much time looking into the details? Is it because you are a masochist and want to torture yourself or a sadist and you want to torture us?

Date: May 3, 2005 14:50

Its not personal I am just commenting on the DVD You guys make it personal
not me.

Watch the DVD and be objective.He is supposed to be the lead guitar player for
the greatest rock and roll band still advertised.Thank you Sam Cutler for that
great legendary introduction that they do not live up to anymore.

Date: May 3, 2005 14:55

I repeat you are spending a lot of time watching things that you know you will not like in order to find thinsg that you hate so that you can run and report it here. I am sure almost everyone here HAS seen the DVD...it is indeed old news.

If you do not like it...stop listening. Go back to telling us how GOOD MT was, at least that was positive.

Date: May 3, 2005 14:56

OG...do you ever think/comment on anything else....you need a good women!! or a bad one as the case maybe!

still reckon its a bloomin windup....

Date: May 3, 2005 15:03

old news thats what is left here to discuss - where is the new news old
items are rehased here.Its been 8 years since B2B get it.

Date: May 3, 2005 15:13

Hey ok, we'll rattle on about some ol fat bloater who can't fill a pub!!!

Date: May 3, 2005 15:37

go ahead he still has the vibrato at 55

Date: May 3, 2005 16:06

Poor sod, can it be cured??

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: May 3, 2005 17:29

I kind of like the solo very much. But I donĀ“t have time to explain why, this is too complex.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: May 3, 2005 20:54

I agree with Open G - I just think Open G gets a little frustrated wanting the Stones to play to their maximum capabilities. I can't deny Ronnie frustrates the hell out of me and that's not just his lack of technical ability - it's his lack of commitment as well. For someone who professes to have always loved the Stones he gives them very little in return.
I suppose we should just be grateful the Stones are still touring.

Date: May 3, 2005 21:07

A true professional musician would not clown around on stage and give you all
your dollars worth every time when hitting the stage.

I want to puke when I watch lack luster effort and perfromance.

I would be fired at my job in a heartbeat if I was AVERAGE or Poor in doing
my job.

To the luckiest guy in rock and roll history

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 3, 2005 23:16

Face it, The Stones could go to the nearest bar to any show they are playing...grab the lead guitarist out of the band on stage...and that guitarist could likely contribute more musically to the Stones' show than Ronnie does.

OG is right, just a bit repetitive!

Ross

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 4, 2005 01:16

Open G, you are the dummest person on earth!!!
You think the stones are a band that`s about a lead guitarist, well i have news for you... THEY ARE NOT!!! NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL!!!
You are the blindest man on this planet not to see this. What makes the stones music the great music it has always been, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and untill '90 Bill Wyman.
The stones are a guitar band. And what makes the differents in the sound in comparison to other band is the rhythem (guitarist). It's the fact that the drummer follows the rhythem guitar instead of the other way around, THAT IS THE STONES GROOVE. Another big factor is the weaving of the guitars. It was great from '62 'till '68, from '69 'till '73 there was virtually no weaving and from '77 'till '82 they developed it to an true art!!!!!!! Now i have always said it here that of course Mick Taylor is a better lead guitarist than Ron Wood but there is so much more to the stones sound than the solo's!!!!

I hope you finally get the bigger picture...
(I can't belive i actually tried to explain it!)

Cheers,
Wuudy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-04 01:24 by Wuudy.

Date: May 4, 2005 04:55

he will not wuddy...any more than he can stop making negative comments. i do not think that any of us have ever really debated that MT is a better solo guitar player.but Open g has reached a point of obsession with his current disappointment with the Stones and vents it continuosly while laying the rant at the feet of Ron Wood. All the while he seems to neglect that no matter what the musical contribution is today, there would have been no Stones withouut that crucicial change in the 70s. Also ignored often is the fact that MT left of his own accord no matter what his reasons ( justifiable or not ) and HAS NO DESIRE TO BE BACK.He is like a dog with a bone...he just will not let go.

Nor has he learned that many others feel the same that he does about the current incarnation of the band but manage to get the point across without sounding so shrill or being so aggarvating and irritating. He has no insite at all into how he presents himself, and witjout that he cannot se why he is such a pain to deal with at times.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2005 09:09

OpenG has a right to his opinion, no matter how irritating he can be at times.
I happen to agree with 95% of what he says.

Date: May 4, 2005 13:31

Oh No you are explaining weaving to me whats next - I play guitar and most
likely understand as much or more then you can write back with your negative
comments.

I can,t believe you write out here that the stones had no groove or should I say
weaving with Taylor.What the hell are you listening to.

FACT - One of the greatest STONES riffs is played BY Taylor on BITCH and
he supports KEITH"S extended solo and licks throughout.Please listen to any
72/73 show.BTW,Keith took a chuck berry solo and came up with the idea of
playing it backwards thats why he was able to play his extended solo.

Please listen to Wild Horses and Sweet Virgina and lsiten to Taylors guitar.

YEAH TAYLOR HAD NO WEAVING ITS CALLED WITH KEITH DURING HIS STAY _ INTERPLAY
between himself and Keith.

I can type more and give you an education

Date: May 4, 2005 13:49

Please dont for yours and our mental well being....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2114
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home