Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor - The Cutting Room in NYC, November 7-9
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 18, 2013 14:51

Further to Ronnie's comment about shows in New York following BluesFest, this from Showbiz411.

The Cutting Room currently has other shows listed on those dates.

Exclusive: (Some) Rolling Stones Playing NYC Club Gig Next Month

10/18/13 Roger Friedman

Yes, some of the Rolling Stones– definitely two, maybe three– will play a small New York City club next month. Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor are setting up shop for three nights at the Cutting Room on East 32nd St. and Park Avenue. That’s the club co-owned by Chris Noth with his longtime business partner Steve Walter. The dates are November 7, 8, and 9th. But check the Cutting Room website for info on how to buy tickets. I say ‘three’ Stones’ because you know that Keith Richards will make an appearance at some point. I’m told the first night will be by invite only, and that all NYC rock stars are encouraged to join in. The Cutting Room’s been doing business at this address for a couple of years, but this will be their official “opening”…

[www.showbiz411.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-19 14:20 by bye bye johnny.

Re: Ronnie Wood Band w/Mick Taylor - The Cutting Room, NYC?
Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: October 18, 2013 15:48

I think this news is from last year?

Re: Ronnie Wood Band w/Mick Taylor - The Cutting Room, NYC?
Date: October 18, 2013 19:35

There were rumors last year.

Showbiz411's info might lend credence to comments Ronnie made to Planet Rock Radio last week. - [youtu.be]

Re: Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor - The Cutting Room in NYC, November 7-9
Date: October 19, 2013 14:25

Rolling Stones Guitarists Lining Up New York City Club Shows

RonnieWood.com; Shore Fire Media

Ronnie Wood will be teaming up with the guitarist he replaced in The Rolling Stones, Mick Taylor, for a series of intimate club shows in New York City next month. A rep for The Cutting Room, a venue co-owned by Law And Order and Sex In The City star Chris Noth, tells ABC News Radio that the two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will be performing there on three nights -- November 7, 8 and 9.

The rep also reveals that Wood and Taylor will be backed by a band of local musicians that the club is helping put together. The gigs will take place several days after the rockers join forces for the finale of the 2013 edition of London's BluesFest. That concert, which is scheduled for November 1 at the famed Royal Albert Hall, will be a tribute to influential American blues artist Jimmy Reed.

In addition, the Cutting Room shows will happen just a few days before the November 11 arrival of The Rolling Stones' Sweet Summer Sun -- Hyde Park Live CD, DVD and Blu-ray. The releases feature performances from the band's two July 2013 concerts at the London Park. Wood and Taylor, of course, both played with The Stones at the shows.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

[abcnewsradioonline.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 19, 2013 14:42

Great news - sounds very promising for Stones tour in 2014, where Taylor will be participating. Seems like Ronnie is keeping Taylor close to Stones for further tour participation.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 19, 2013 15:56

Would be nice if Keef shows up. Dont think that will happen though.

anyway, great ronnie and mick t. keep up the music,

See you in amsterdam soon !!!

Jeroen

yeah yeah ziggodome !!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 19, 2013 16:12

Oh I'd love to see one of these shows...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 19, 2013 16:34

mtaylor
Great news - sounds very promising for Stones tour in 2014, where Taylor will be participating. Seems like Ronnie is keeping Taylor close to Stones for further tour participation.

hot smileysmileys with beer
jeroen

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 19, 2013 17:04

duke richardson

Me too, and I have a three day weekend starting Nov. 8th. I wonder how hard it will be to get tickets? NYC is just a short train ride away....

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: October 19, 2013 18:10

latebloomer
duke richardson

Me too, and I have a three day weekend starting Nov. 8th. I wonder how hard it will be to get tickets? NYC is just a short train ride away....

Go for it LB!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 19, 2013 19:28

Nice! They gotta keep their chops up for the upcoming Stones tour.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 19, 2013 20:58

Wow.. I will go if I can.... This will be a difficult ticket to get...

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: October 19, 2013 21:11

What a great show.
And I have to leave NYC on October 30th after three months. A few days too late for me. Damn.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 19, 2013 21:13

"It's just that demon life has got you in its sway"

Get someone good singing Sway and you can put 2013/14 Stones tour to shame. All Mick Taylkor needs is an organizing principle in his life and lets hope that Ron Wood can provide it for these gigs

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 19, 2013 22:27

triceratops
"It's just that demon life has got you in its sway"

Get someone good singing Sway and you can put 2013/14 Stones tour to shame. All Mick Taylkor needs is an organizing principle in his life and lets hope that Ron Wood can provide it for these gigs

Remember though, Mick Taylor is unable to play more than 20 minutes at a show anymore. At least thats what the latest Stones tour taught me. "Mick Taylor's being underused? He must be dying, it can't be the Stones fault."

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 20, 2013 00:46

Is Mick Taylor still being managed by Jeff Allen, who has also been his drummer for several years?

It seems that since The Stones tour and now with these Blues-Fest and NYC dates, it doesn't appear that Allen will be playing drums behind Taylor anytime soon.

It would be very telling if it turns out that Taylor is being taken under the wings of Stones management, but I haven't heard anything to this effect.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 20, 2013 01:05

With Marty Balin scheduled for the 8th at 7:30, Ronnie and Mick T. must be doing a late show?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 20, 2013 01:12

triceratops
corriecas
Would be nice if Keef shows up. Dont think that will happen though.

anyway, great ronnie and mick t. keep up the music,

See you in amsterdam soon !!!

Jeroen

yeah yeah ziggodome !!

Of course Keith is going to show even if only once. Lets start a contest and betting pool

Keith was in the audience at one of Charlie's Iridium shows and also at a Bernard Fowler/Waddy Wachtel show so he might be at one of these. Getting on stage and playing is another matter altogether though. There was a time when if Keith was in the audience, chances were good he'd play (e.g. Taylor at the Lone Star, Jim Carroll at Trax, Dave Edmonds at Bottom Line, Buster Poindexer, etc.) Now, not so much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-20 01:38 by bleedingman.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: October 20, 2013 01:19

stonehearted
Is Mick Taylor still being managed by Jeff Allen, who has also been his drummer for several years?

Fortunately Mick Taylor is no longer being mismanaged or musically hindered by the aforementioned swindler.
From now on, MT should actually know (in advance) where his name is going to be advertised, which is an additional advantage.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 20, 2013 01:55

Hmm. This is all a bit tempting. Good thing tickets will probably be impossible to get . .

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: October 20, 2013 13:53

SundanceKid
stonehearted

Fortunately Mick Taylor is no longer being mismanaged or musically hindered by the aforementioned swindler.
From now on, MT should actually know (in advance) where his name is going to be advertised, which is an additional advantage.

I personally prefered Mick's collaboration with Jeff Allen (in the 9-tees) over his recent collaboration with Ron Wood, from a musical point of view. Besides, in the end a musician can only hinder himself when it comes to keeping in shape musically.
Let's await what Ron and Mick are coming up with.

Date: October 20, 2013 15:25

Aquamarine
Hmm. This is all a bit tempting. Good thing tickets will probably be impossible to get . .

Aww...come on Aquamarine, I expect Doom and Gloom to be all gloomy, but a little positive thinking please. We can do it! smiling smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 20, 2013 18:18

[abcnewsradioonline.com]

Rolling Stones Guitarists Lining Up New York City Club Shows

Ronnie Wood will be teaming up with the guitarist he replaced in The Rolling Stones, Mick Taylor, for a series of intimate club shows in New York City next month. A rep for The Cutting Room, a venue co-owned by Law and Order and Sex in the City star Chris Noth, tells ABC News Radio that the two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will be performing there on three nights -- November 7, 8 and 9.

The rep also reveals that Wood and Taylor will be backed by a band of local musicians that the club is helping put together. The gigs will take place several days after the rockers join forces for the finale of the 2013 edition of London's BluesFest. That concert, which is scheduled for November 1 at the famed Royal Albert Hall, will be a tribute to influential American blues artist Jimmy Reed.

In addition, the Cutting Room shows will happen just a few days before the November 11 arrival of The Rolling Stones' Sweet Summer Sun -- Hyde Park Live CD, DVD and Blu-ray. The releases feature performances from the band's two July 2013 concerts at the London Park. Wood and Taylor, of course, both played with The Stones at the shows.

Date: October 21, 2013 01:59

latebloomer
Aquamarine

Aww...come on Aquamarine, I expect Doom and Gloom to be all gloomy, but a little positive thinking please. We can do it! smiling smiley

You're right, I should be ashamed. It's just that my bank account is feeling a bit anxious . . . winking smiley

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: October 22, 2013 02:01

Just got off the phone with the Cutting Room. Info will be on their website by 10am tomorrow. It feels to me that tix will also go on sale then. They did say there would be one private show, so like others have said, probably will be the Thursday show.

Date: October 22, 2013 02:09

There you go, I was right to be pessimistic, by the time I'm online at 10.30 they'll all be gone. sad smiley

Date: October 22, 2013 02:15

You don't sound too good Aqua, I think you need to take tomorrow morning off...cough, cough, sniffle, ACHOO!!

Date: October 22, 2013 03:02

Now that you mention it, I do feel a bit fragile . . .

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: October 22, 2013 05:54

GOT MY TICKET !!!!!!!

Date: October 22, 2013 06:36

Me too--glad I stopped in here before going to bed! I hope latebloomer is able to get one too. smiling smiley

Though I may well end up with buyer's remorse (long way to go, plus I can take or leave RW) and be putting mine back in circulation . . . I'll see how I feel in the cold light of dawn!

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home