Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: The latest Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame 2014 nominees!
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 21, 2013 05:52

stonehearted
RollingFreak
black n blue
Kurt and Company are in just like Pearl Jam will be.
Yeah, but Pearl Jam deserve it.

Man oh man, the times they are a-changin'.

You knew it had to happen sooner or later, but look at how this journalist describes Pearl Jam:

Rebel yell: Cranky old men of rock continue war on Spotify

Published: Sunday, 20 Oct 2013, 7:00 AM ET
By Eric Rosenbaum, CNBC.com

Rebel yell

For many years, The Beatles resisted making their catalog available on iTunes, but the times eventually changed, even for Paul McCartney. In fact, Sir Paul's much-misunderstood and recently re-released '70s album "Ram" went straight to Spotify, and his new album, "New," is also available on the streaming music service. Likewise, geriatric grunge rockers Pearl Jam's new album, "Lightening Bolt," was on Spotify from Day One. Are the elder statesmen of rock warming to Spotify? Depends which old man you ask.

Full story at: [www.cnbc.com]

@#$%& them. Pearl Jam aren't even 50 yet, and they play like they are still 28. They are a band that has continually changed and challenged their audiences since the beginning and most of the time it is always to successful results. They had the major album as a debut, have continued 20 years on doing whatever they want on their own terms, and still play better than 75% of the bands out there these days, if not more. They are the personification of a young band that deserves to go in first ballot.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 21, 2013 06:08

geriatric grunge rockers Pearl Jam's new album,

Its like trolling (on and off line) is the new crack... or something.

Come on CNBC, do you really need to troll like that to get attention?
NO ONE thinks Pearl Jam is geriatric, no matter if they like them or not.

Date: October 21, 2013 06:11

Cranky old geriatric Pearl Jam... wuttalineofcrap.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: October 21, 2013 07:50

Max'sKansasCity
Cranky old geriatric Pearl Jam... wuttalineofcrap.
isn't that wuttalineofcrap.com? winking smiley

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 21, 2013 17:25

It's all about Yes. They are massively talented and original and their music is gorgeous and occasionally transcendent. Proof "Awaken."

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 21, 2013 18:09

RollingFreak
stonehearted
RollingFreak
black n blue

You knew it had to happen sooner or later, but look at how this journalist describes Pearl Jam:

Rebel yell

For many years, The Beatles resisted making their catalog available on iTunes, but the times eventually changed, even for Paul McCartney. In fact, Sir Paul's much-misunderstood and recently re-released '70s album "Ram" went straight to Spotify, and his new album, "New," is also available on the streaming music service. Likewise, geriatric grunge rockers Pearl Jam's new album, "Lightening Bolt," was on Spotify from Day One. Are the elder statesmen of rock warming to Spotify? Depends which old man you ask.

@#$%& them. Pearl Jam aren't even 50 yet, and they play like they are still 28. They are a band that has continually changed and challenged their audiences since the beginning and most of the time it is always to successful results. They had the major album as a debut, have continued 20 years on doing whatever they want on their own terms, and still play better than 75% of the bands out there these days, if not more. They are the personification of a young band that deserves to go in first ballot.
damn right , pearl jam rock!!!!!!!

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: October 21, 2013 19:12

Max'sKansasCity
RockinJive
Mr KC. I find your posts without merit, and very unknowledgable in your replys.
You have me mistaken for someone who cares what you find, or think about anything.

I just find you a thin skinned. That's all.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 21, 2013 20:27

It must be a balanced for TV ratings. They will not have 5 hardrock acts at once.

A couple random thoughts:

Linda Rondstat will get in. Bigger star than Debbie Harry.

Link Wray will get in if the can convince Jimmy Page to induct him and enough commitments for his estate to buy tables at the event.

Chic - will get in. That will cancel out NWA

Kiss - Doubtful. Fans don't decide.

Nirvana - It's about television ratings. The 18-34 yr old demographics. Nirvana to me is if were Crazy Horse had an awful singer and an 8 Ball.

Hall & Oates - A safe bet. More popular than most of you could remember.

Then again, If Percy Sledge can get in...anything is possible.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: October 21, 2013 20:31

(c)rap belongs nowhere near the HOF

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 21, 2013 20:33

michaelsavage, the discussion isn't even about rap anymore. Quit your trolling, please. Thank you.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 21, 2013 20:42

Nirvana all the way.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 21, 2013 20:48

I think this year the only person inducted should be Harry Nilsson. Devote the entire ceremony to him.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 21, 2013 21:10

trainarollin

Then again, If Percy Sledge can get in...anything is possible.

What??

That comment certainly comes from

Date: October 21, 2013 22:32

GumbootCloggeroo
I think this year the only person inducted should be Harry Nilsson. Devote the entire ceremony to him.
Boy, wouldn't that be @#$%& amazing and deserved. Then again, I'm sure you could find people that are totally not on board with that.

Date: October 21, 2013 23:21

Thats a good Point

Posted by: bluesno1fann ()
Date: October 22, 2013 12:22

I hope that at least Link Wray and The Zombies get inducted!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 22, 2013 15:43

Kiss' Gene Simmons says that the band's original lineup will not reunite if the group is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He told Radio.com that guitarist Ace Frehley and drummer Peter Criss "had three chances to be in the band and three times they f***ed it up...When you have a cancer in your system, its best to cut it out as fast as you can." Rock Hall inductees are expected to be announced in January, with the ceremony during April in New York City.

Date: October 22, 2013 17:56

Gene Simmons as eloquent as always. Its amazing he's been allowed to live this long seeing how big of a d*ck he is.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 22, 2013 17:57

tatters
Kiss' Gene Simmons says that the band's original lineup will not reunite if the group is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He told Radio.com that guitarist Ace Frehley and drummer Peter Criss "had three chances to be in the band and three times they f***ed it up...When you have a cancer in your system, its best to cut it out as fast as you can." Rock Hall inductees are expected to be announced in January, with the ceremony during April in New York City.

On that basis, how is it he's still in the band?

Date: October 22, 2013 20:39

treaclefingers
tatters

On that basis, how is it he's still in the band?
Unfortunately because he founded the band and him and Paul seem to be irreplaceable. I guess because they are the frontman and the most vocal members over the past 40 years, as strange as it is to not have Ace and Peter there it just wouldn't actually be KISS without Paul and Gene. I really didn't used to have that much against Gene. In the 70s and even through the 80s and early 90s, while he has always been dickish he seemed to have his heart in the right place and he was a good musician. He's still an underrated musician, but in the last 10-15 years he's become this completely unsympathetic monster. I think since the band reunited, he put back on the makeup, and he went back to making millions, he just lost all sanity. Someone needs to knock him back down several pegs to at least make him tolerable.

Date: October 22, 2013 20:54

odd he made that comment about ace since he left the band both times on his own terms

Date: October 22, 2013 21:27

Odd that he made the comment at all. If anything he hurt the band's chances of getting in. No doubt at least a bit of the reason the Hall considered them is a reunited KISS would get more exposure for the ceremony. See: the only reason they inducted Guns N Roses first ballot (a band that is truly one of my favorites but should not be in before Purple, etc.)

Date: October 22, 2013 22:54

whatever the reason ace left in the early 80's because he wanted to try a solo career. in the early 2000's he left after the 1st farewell tour and said he told the band he was done

Date: October 22, 2013 23:16

RollingFreak
stonehearted
RollingFreak
black n blue

Rebel yell

Well, the Stones aren't even 80 yet but they play like their in their late 50s/early 60s.

I'm not even sure what that means so I'll stop.

Date: October 22, 2013 23:47

keefriffhard4life
whatever the reason ace left in the early 80's because he wanted to try a solo career. in the early 2000's he left after the 1st farewell tour and said he told the band he was done
Ace left in the early 80s when they started to get bad. Smart move.

Ace left after the 1st Farewell tour because it was... the farewell tour. Logical move.

I'm not on anybody's side in KISS. I like all the guys. But Ace's moves made sense. He saw the band was moving in a bad direction, he genuinely tried to change it, and they wouldn't let him. Then later on when he was back, they started only pushing for money and he thought "well thats not exactly why I joined again". He saw the band was turning into a joke. So he left again.

Date: October 23, 2013 00:29

RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life

Ace left after the 1st Farewell tour because it was... the farewell tour. Logical move.

I'm not on anybody's side in KISS. I like all the guys. But Ace's moves made sense. He saw the band was moving in a bad direction, he genuinely tried to change it, and they wouldn't let him. Then later on when he was back, they started only pushing for money and he thought "well thats not exactly why I joined again". He saw the band was turning into a joke. So he left again.

Actually Ace didnt really leave the last time... it was based on him wanting a bigger of a cut of the tour money, I recall the instance where whats his name (the main a-hole) said something like "Ace got some some very bad advice, he thought we needed him and he could hold us hostage gor more money on the next tour leg, and we dont need him, so we moved on".

Date: October 23, 2013 01:58

Max'sKansasCity
RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life

Actually Ace didnt really leave the last time... it was based on him wanting a bigger of a cut of the tour money, I recall the instance where whats his name (the main a-hole) said something like "Ace got some some very bad advice, he thought we needed him and he could hold us hostage gor more money on the next tour leg, and we dont need him, so we moved on".

That main A-hole (as opposed to Ax-hole) is Gene Simmons I think.

Max, you're getting dangerously close to 15000 posts, what are you going to post for your 15000th?!

Date: October 23, 2013 02:00

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life

Max, you're getting dangerously close to 15000 posts, what are you going to post for your 15000th?!

FIREWORKS!!!! and drinks for everyone!!! and trying to get The Stones to play a private gig just for our IORR friends and more...

Date: October 23, 2013 02:02

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life

FIREWORKS!!!! and drinks for everyone!!! and trying to get The Stones to play a private gig just for our IORR friends and more...

Now you've only got 4 more posts...use them judiciously!

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: October 23, 2013 03:34

So happy YES is finally getting nominated. They've had an incredibly long intertwining career with members coming and going and unfortunately that has hurt their credibility over the long term. But throughout their career, they have given the world some amazing music. Their originality and musicianship is almost unrivaled and their golden age from The Yes Album, Fragile, Close To The Edge, Yessongs, Tales From Topographic Oceans and finally to Going For The One is absolutely incredible. And their association with Roger Dean and album artwork is tremendously influential. They should've been in the RR Hall a long time ago. And so should Jethro Tull for similar reasons.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home