Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tattoo You Marketing Promotional Video 1981
Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: October 4, 2013 05:43

The post title sort of speaks for itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-28 23:04 by bv.

Re: Completely outrageous, slightly bizarre but totally hilarious Tattoo You marketing promo video WITH MALE NUDITY!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2013 05:52

that is freakin' bizarre.

Re: Completely outrageous, slightly bizarre but totally hilarious Tattoo You marketing promo video WITH MALE NUDITY!
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 4, 2013 07:10

lol

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 4, 2013 07:43

Lol, I honestly didn't even notice the nudity until the end when I felt gyped that there was none.

Pretty hilarious promo. Loved the monotone way he says "shows cover." Also, it really is weird to think about and I think its often forgotten, the band had been going for 20 years at this point! Occurred to me when Mick said some people hadn't worked on a Rolling Stones album before that they were basically the longest running consistently working band ever at this point and this seems so long ago at this point but it really was long into the band's career.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: October 4, 2013 09:49

Nahhh! Mick is speaking about the US LP with the COC catalogue number, that's why! If he spoke about the versions with the CUN catalogue number, there would be some other picture next to him...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 4, 2013 10:13

The promo is a bit cheesy....

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: October 4, 2013 10:41

Great find!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 4, 2013 10:46

Wow! Jagger was still in fire back then... until the 80's really took over (and cut off his balls...)

Funny how young he looks there. What I recall thinking then when watching "Start Me Up" video - my first encounter with the band - "damn, the dude(s) look old"...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 10:47 by Doxa.

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: October 4, 2013 14:03

Love it!

Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: October 4, 2013 17:46

Ah, cocaine!

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: October 4, 2013 18:45

This is really a great find .. did anybody recognize the alternate cover proof Mick shows? This one was revised later and the official album has a different lettering.

Here is this proof ... I got it from the Art Collins Collection (director of Rolling Stones records at that time) and may be it was exactly that proof Mick shows us here ...

Andreas

Date: October 4, 2013 19:13

As a graphic designer, this is the second thing I noticed, after the two scary penises.

arc-angel
This is really a great find .. did anybody recognize the alternate cover proof Mick shows? This one was revised later and the official album has a different lettering.

Here is this proof ... I got it from the Art Collins Collection (director of Rolling Stones records at that time) and may be it was exactly that proof Mick shows us here ...

Andreas

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 4, 2013 19:56

Oh My God!! It's A PAINTING OF ...male nudity.

Oh waaait - no, it 's not (even that...):

it's a painting of a somebody wearing STRAP-ON...
which is not nudity AT ALL, by consequence.
In fact: it's completely the opposite, technically; it's 'dressage' - clothing!

(Those clever, cheeky rock'n'rollers... They jus KNEW somebody would get worked up about that. Even 32 years later!)

"MALE NUDITY!!" tsk tsk tsk.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: October 4, 2013 20:53

The paintings are by Andy Warhol, by the way.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 4, 2013 21:06

<<The paintings are by Andy Warhol, by the way.>>

Ha Ha! I even guessed that, without actually knowing it. They would have to have been, wouldn't they?

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: October 4, 2013 21:07

Mick is coked up!

Date: October 4, 2013 22:34

punkfloyd
As a graphic designer, this is the second thing I noticed, after the two scary penises.

arc-angel

Andreas

interesting Andreas...I also caught that.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 4, 2013 23:07

Where's the picture of the horrified cat looking at a computer screen when you need it...

Date: October 4, 2013 23:19

Munichhilton
Where's the picture of the horrified cat looking at a computer screen when you need it...

that thing's such a pussy.

Date: October 5, 2013 00:43

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 5, 2013 02:18

Mick Jagger - the sales promoter! "Work, work,work", "make money". Makes me think of "Let's Work"...

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:01

a huge nose in his head - eyes wide open, striving his nose with his hands, dry mouth - he took a line of coke longer than route 66 - but very cut all of all :-)

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:07

Well, if that's what Keith sees when he visits Mick (or used to visit), I'm not surprised if by comparison he developed the impression of a tiny Mick's todgeryawning smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 5, 2013 05:04

I have a book of Warhol's complete prints with a page of similar (black and white) "art" and it's a minefield when you want to show dinner guests Warhol's Marilyn or Mick portraits, and you're praying the book doesn't inadvertently open to the junk above.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 5, 2013 18:59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 16:41 by camper88.

Date: October 6, 2013 01:10

This DIRTY WORK promotional reel >>> [www.iorr.org] <<< is the only other Stones promotional reel I've seen. Did they make them for any other albums?

(Maybe I'm being naive, but even this one with the mud wrestling makes me wonder if perhaps these reels tell more about the sensibility of those in record-label-PR than the Stones themselves. The Stones were just speaking their language. Or not.)

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: October 6, 2013 04:24

Title5Take1
This DIRTY WORK promotional reel >>> [www.iorr.org] <<< is the only other Stones promotional reel I've seen. Did they make them for any other albums?

(Maybe I'm being naive, but even this one with the mud wrestling makes me wonder if perhaps these reels tell more about the sensibility of those in record-label-PR than the Stones themselves. The Stones were just speaking their language. Or not.)
that was one of the dumbest @#$%&*ng things i have ever seen

Date: October 13, 2013 21:06

Whatever you might think of the promo, it does scream, "future knight!"

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 13, 2013 22:35

Title5Take1
Whatever you might think of the promo, it does scream, "future knight!"

Thanks for the good laugh...yes indeed, Mick has "knight" written all over him in that clip. grinning smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 14, 2013 01:15

The kind that says "ni." grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home