Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...155156157158159160161162163164165...LastNext
Current Page: 160 of 223
Re: OT - Spanking new Beatles footage that you have never seen
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 27, 2020 04:56

Taylor1
It’s interesting how many songs the Beatles had at the Let it be sessions which the Beatles used later on solo albums and Abbey Riad.Most of Abbey Road songs like She Came In Through the Bathroom Window, Mean MrMustard, Polythene Pam, Something, Maxwells Silver Hammer and Octopus Garden. And solo songs, Another Day, Junk, Back Seat of My Car, Hot as Sun, Teddy Boy, Junk, All things Must Pass, Isn’t it a Pity,What is Life, Gimme Some Truth, Mind Games and others

Those, along with Long And Winding Road, were written and demoed during the May 1968 demos for THE BEATLES.

Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 28, 2020 19:01

Lennon always said hard core stuff. It’s interesting the famous Rolling Stone interview he was just disparaging towards everyone and gloom and doom about everything. But if you listen to the transcripts it’s a whole different experience. He sounds like it’s tongue in cheek half the time. I think Lennon, Harrison, and Ringo all got into a mindset that colored their perceptions of the let it be sessions. To be sure they were not going through a great time since the white album. And by all accounts a lot of it had to do with Paul being so domineering in the studio. That being said though he got them to work. And I’ve got hours and hours of bootleg material from let it be and they sure don’t sound like it’s gloom and doom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-28 21:55 by whitem8.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: December 29, 2020 07:31

Hairball
buttons67
the beatles were influenced by pink floyds psychedelic stuff, john himself admitted they were always interested in what pink floyd were doing

You have it all backwards as usual - in '67 Pink Floyd were at EMI studios recording their first album while The Beatles were already there recording Sgt. Peppers.
By all accounts, the members of Pink Floyd were like giddy school children when they were able to meet their idols and watch them record - that being The Beatles.

*Also, the Beatles recorded Tomorrow Never Knows (and the rest of Revolver) in 1966 when Pink Floyd were still playing blues covers.
Clearly they were influenced by John Lennon and The Beatles rather than vice versa.

Yes, that is the correct timeline of events. Revolver was Released August 5th, 1966 & Recorded April 6th-June 21st, 1966. Floyd's earliest singles were 1967. They only had a demo tape of (~4-5 songs iirc), in 65/66.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 29, 2020 12:45

Around the time of the Ringo album in 1973, when all the ex-Beatles contributed to the album, I think there was a chance the Beatles would have reunited.John , having split from Yoko and leaving his radical politics period might have been receptive to a reunion.Ringo of course .George. probably.But Paul , having scored a big hit with Band on the Run and still having issues with the others I think didn’t want to.I think had he approached John about it , he might have said yes.I guess the closest they came was when John and Paul did the Stevie Wonder and others jam session in LA in 1974.Perhaps had John lived there might have been a reunion on stage for Live Aid or the 911 benefit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-29 12:49 by Taylor1.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 11, 2021 19:41

Have a good thought for Olivia Harrison, in hospital with covid-19.

[bestclassicbands.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 11, 2021 19:55

loog droog
Have a good thought for Olivia Harrison, in hospital with covid-19.

[bestclassicbands.com]

Damn...she seems in good spirits though, and has a somewhat pleasant view outside her window.
Glad she's getting better...thumbs up

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 1, 2021 01:45

Just got my Beatles Past Masters (stereo) set.

Sounds great, but Revolver (arguably the best of the bunch) doesn't play right.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 1, 2021 02:25

I recently got a vinyl Mono Masters, and it skips on Lady Madonna and also on one earlier track. LM I tried to scope out what was wrong to see if I could fix it, it jumps but I don't see any problem. Might be time for the #11 X-Acto blade and the microscope.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 8, 2021 17:27

Beatles’ first concert in United States, Washington DC, this week 1964

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-08 17:29 by MisterDDDD.

Date: February 8, 2021 17:36

Beatles arrive for first American tour at newly-named JFK Airport, New York, Feb. 7th 1964:

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 8, 2021 19:55

This thread is mostly very kind and friendly and also very informative, more about the Beatles than about the Stones, but that's fine with me.
To wake up both Beatles and Stones fans in connection with "Beatles vs Stones", I am going to make a blunt statement:

"Lennon knew about Jones before both the Rolling Stones and the Beatles were formed".

You can (try and) shoot it down any way you like ...
grinning smiley

Date: February 10, 2021 06:23

Ringo is looking fantastic at 80!
Not looking much like Ringo anymore, but he looks fantastic winking smiley

#RingoStarr
@ringostarrmusic
Wow 50 years ago today we came to play the Ed Sullivan show it was a beautiful day for me being in America I send you all peace and love peace and love. cool smiley

[twitter.com]

*not sure why he put 50 years.. instead of 57 confused smiley
post is from today..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-10 06:29 by MisterDDDD.

Date: February 10, 2021 06:54

He looks great for 80 and he does still look like Ringo. The guy always has a good vibe.

jb

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 10, 2021 11:40

I think Ringo looks better now. How's that possible. Good on him!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 10, 2021 12:16

Yeah, @#$%&, he looks the best he ever has!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 10, 2021 12:51

... ringo looks like
he's been photoshop stretched ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 10, 2021 14:09

He looks good for an eight-year-old.

Seeing images like this only makes me appreciate Jagger’s adherence to fitness and lifestyle. Ringo looks great, but it’s all due to good surgeons and hair-dye.

Date: February 10, 2021 15:20

It's a wig. drinking smiley

For you youngsters, there was quite a debate on here a few years back about Ronnie and/or Mick wearing a wig.

Date: February 11, 2021 06:19

I don't think its a wig. Hair and beard dye yeah, but doesn't look like a wig the way its combed.

jb

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 11, 2021 07:47

jbwelda
I don't think its a wig. Hair and beard dye yeah, but doesn't look like a wig the way its combed.

jb

Hair transplant? It looks daft.

Date: February 11, 2021 19:08

maybe a hair transplant, that looks closer than a wig.

jb

Date: February 11, 2021 20:18

He looks great, can afford the plastic surgeries and hair plugs, and they no doubt make him feel better.

Good on him... it's the ears and nose that give the biggest hint of his real age for me.
Always on the large side, but as they continue to grow as we age, it's a definite tell here.

Date: February 14, 2021 22:35

This week in 1964..

Date: February 15, 2021 00:26

MisterDDDD
This week in 1964..

John later wrote a song for the Ringo album called "I'm The Greatest"......

Date: February 15, 2021 04:31

I remember that, it was a pretty controversial move to go visit Cassius Clay who was not universally loved at that point. I think they burned Beatle records in some little places down south over it.

jb

Date: February 15, 2021 05:30

Interesting backstory to the infamous Clay (soon to be Ali) meetup with the lads.

Also saw this touched on in the recent movie "One Night In Miami", an excellent film based on events of that week.The Stones get a mention in the film as well.. keeping it on topic. Highly recommend.

The Beatles were locked in a room against their will while they waited for Ali

At the time, neither Ali or the musicians really knew of each other, and, by all accounts, Ali didn’t make the best first impression. Journalist Robert Lipsyte, who had traveled to Miami to cover the fight for The New York Times, remembers a tense beginning, with Ali arriving extremely late.
[www.biography.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-15 05:33 by MisterDDDD.

Date: February 16, 2021 16:01

I like all periods of The Beatles, but especially the "Rubber Soul"/"Revolver" period.

"Pepper" is more important as an idea (concept album, use of the studio, etc.) than as a musical statement ("When I'm 64, anyone?).

Love the early stuff, too.

Some of the later stuff is just a little too weird.

^ Is this stuff everyone knows/feels?

Date: February 16, 2021 19:32

I was always amazed (probably not the right word) that they would actually release trash like that "you know my name" song, even hidden away on the b side. It made me think they had plain run out of decent material and were now satisified to put out any old crap Lennon (edit: probably more like Paul in this instance) could think up in his LSD nightmares. Remember when he said that Revolution #9 was the new direction the Beatles were going in? Point gun at head, pull trigger, hey we are bigger than Jesus now.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 01:24 by jbwelda.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 16, 2021 19:54

jbwelda
I was always amazed (probably not the right word) that they would actually release trash like that "you know my name" song, even hidden away on the b side. It made me think they had plain run out of decent material and were now satisified to put out any old crap Lennon could think up in his LSD nightmares. Remember when he said that Revolution #9 was the new direction the Beatles were going in? Point gun at head, pull trigger, hey we are bigger than Jesus now.

jb

and that's one of their better songsgrinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...155156157158159160161162163164165...LastNext
Current Page: 160 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home