Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 15, 2017 23:25

HiRes-Version 96kHz/24bit available (€34,99/£27.99) at [www.Qobuz.com] as well as [www.HDtracks.com] .

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-15 23:35 by Irix.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 16, 2017 18:32

Some videos were uploaded on The Beatles' official YouTube channel since yesterday, like this:

Rain (version 2)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 16, 2017 20:16

Cristiano Radtke
Some videos were uploaded on The Beatles' official YouTube channel since yesterday, like this:

Rain (version 2)

thumbs up

Yes I saw that and posted the above in the 'what are you listening to' thread yesterday! Hopefully they'll continue to add more and more, and maybe even the possibility of having every track back up (or most tracks)- even if with just the album cover. The way I see it, is it's free advertisment, and if people like the individual song/videos enough they'll end up buying an official release. I've done that many times with other bands/artists after getting a hint via youtube - whether it's an old blues tune. a more contemporary band, or a brand new band I've only read about.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 17, 2017 01:24

I love me my Stones but listening to Rain reminds me all over again...BEATLES FOREVER!!!!!

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: December 18, 2017 18:02

Does Mickscarey still frequent these parts?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 19, 2017 16:56

Yes as Potus45

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: December 19, 2017 17:52

Is this real?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 19, 2017 17:55

Yeah it is real. . .

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 19, 2017 20:21

stanlove
Is this real?

[www.youtube.com]

I just listen to the clip but I think I have a problem with my sound card..........all the time I hear an annoying sound in both ears

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-19 20:39 by NICOS.

Date: December 19, 2017 21:01

NICOS
stanlove
Is this real?

[www.youtube.com]

I just listen to the clip but I think I have a problem with my sound card..........all the time I hear an annoying sound in both ears

Played at a very high volume, that could be used as a military weapon - piercing the eardrums of any enemy within a 10 mile radius.
Not too farfetched as I seem to recall the US military blasting Guns and Roses at the enemy during Desert Storm. Not to harm them physically, but just to annoy the hell out of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-19 21:02 by Hairball.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 24, 2017 11:11

According to reports in the UK Press, Ringo Starr will receive a Knighthood next year. To be confirmed in next week's New Years Honours List.
For services to Music and Charity.
Well done Ringo.
Peace and Love and all that.

OT: Arise Sir Ringo Starr
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 24, 2017 13:03

Ringo is finally going to be made a Knight of the Realm. Arise Sir Ringo.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Beatles star Ringo Starr finally set to be knighted in New Year's Honours list
The Beatles drummer, 77, will receive given the gong for services to music and charity

Ringo Starr will be knighted in the New Year’s Honours, it was reported tonight.

The Beatles drummer, 77, will receive given the gong for services to music and charity.

Ringo, given an MBE in 1965, is said to be thrilled, according to the Sun on Sunday.

He will return to Buckingham Palace for the knighthood 52 years after getting his MBE.

The honour comes after bandmate Sir Paul McCartney urged the Queen: “Look, love it’s about time.”

Macca was knighted in 1997 but Ringo, 77, had given up all hope before a letter arrived from the Palace a few weeks ago.

His knighthood, for lifetime services to music and charity, in the New Year’s Honours will be formally announced next week.

The musician, real name Richard Starkey, got his first drum kit as a Christmas present aged 17.

As The Beatles' Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band turns 50, the album's secrets and hidden meanings revealed
Within five years he was part of the biggest band in the world.

His last visit to the Palace was in 1965 when all the Fab Four were awarded the MBE.

Sir Paul, 75, had told of his frustration for his pal in an interview.

When it was suggested he could ask the Queen to knight Ringo, Macca replied: “The last time I went by she was out.

"Otherwise, I would have popped in and said ‘Look, love, Sir Richard Starkey’. Because I do think it’s about time.”

Ringo, who is said to be worth £300million, was born and raised in a two-up, two-down terraced house in Madryn Street, Liverpool. His father was a docker and his mum worked in a bakery.

His parents divorced when he was three and his childhood was dogged by illness.

He missed so much schooling that by 15, he could barely read or write. But he had an aptitude for woodwork, mechanics and music.

He took early jobs as a delivery boy, a trainee joiner and a barman on the Mersey ferries.

Beatles legend Ringo Starr should be given a knighthood as 'he's waited too long'
His dream came true when his stepfather bought him a drum kit for Christmas 1957, and he promised to be “the best drummer ever”.

By the time the Beatles were formed, Ringo was already on the tour circuit with the successful band Rory Storm and the Hurricanes.

The Fab Four’s manager Brian Epstein poached him to replace Pete Best as drummer in 1962 and the group hit international fame.

While most of the songwriting was the genius of Lennon and McCartney, Ringo had more than his fair share of input.

He is credited with inventing the phrase A Hard Day’s Night which became a hit single, album and film.

He also made a new career in TV and film and narrated cartoon Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends.

Ringo married long-time sweetheart Maureen Cox in 1965, with whom he had three children Zak, Jason and Lee.

Zak followed in his dad’s footsteps to become a drummer, playing with The Who and Oasis.

The couple split in 1975 and he married actress Barbara Bach, who played a Bond girl in 1977’s The Spy Who Loved Me.

Ringo sold his 200-acre estate in Cranleigh, Surrey, for a reputed £20million in 2014.

He now divides his time between Switzerland and California.

Ex-bandmate Lennon was murdered by gunman Mark David Chapman at his New York home in 1980 aged 40. Harrison died aged 58 from lung cancer in 2001.

Re: OT: Arise Sir Ringo Starr
Posted by: bob r ()
Date: December 24, 2017 14:03

Nice. About time. They should also give Harrison a knighthood anyway, for his Bangla Desh Charity.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 24, 2017 14:06

A working class hero is something to be...

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 24, 2017 14:08

Silver Dagger

[www.mirror.co.uk]
[snip]
Ex-bandmate Lennon was murdered by gunman Mark David Chapman at his New York home in 1980 aged 40. Harrison died aged 58 from lung cancer in 2001.

I'm mildly surprised by this (and the leak) - if it's true - because there's a bit of a "thing" with the Honours that being non-resident tends to count very much against you.

Good on him if he's got his K at last though.

Also, GOOD ON THE MIRROR for calling John's murder what it was. I get really really off-pissed when the events are described along the lines of "John died in NYC in 1980....". Get real! Call it for what it was! It was an <expletive deleted> murder on the streets of NYC. <Insert rant about USA gun control (sic) laws.>

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 24, 2017 15:01

Congrats to Ringo, the luckiest drummer in the world.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 24, 2017 15:10

CaptainCorella
Also, GOOD ON THE MIRROR for calling John's murder what it was. I get really really off-pissed when the events are described along the lines of "John died in NYC in 1980....". Get real! Call it for what it was! It was an murder on the streets of NYC.

Agree.
Better would be not including the murderers name though.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 24, 2017 15:23

Aw...luvly!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 24, 2017 15:31

Koen
Congrats to Ringo, the luckiest drummer in the world.

Yeah, right. Think Rain, etc.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 24, 2017 15:52

Bugaloo, Ringo!smileys with beer

Date: December 24, 2017 16:54

CaptainCorella
Silver Dagger

[www.mirror.co.uk]
[snip]

I'm mildly surprised by this (and the leak) - if it's true - because there's a bit of a "thing" with the Honours that being non-resident tends to count very much against you.

Also, GOOD ON THE MIRROR for calling John's murder what it was. I get really really off-pissed when the events are described along the lines of "John died in NYC in 1980....". Get real! Call it for what it was! It was an murder on the streets of NYC.

Who ever tries to ignore the fact that he was murdered? Sounds like you invented that so you could rant about gun control.

Date: December 24, 2017 16:56

Don't like it. He was nothing special as a dummer and he is getting an aware because he just happened to be bandmates with 3 great songwriters. Cheapens the award. There are alot of people who should get it before him, if any musician should get it at all.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 24, 2017 17:11

CaptainCorella
Silver Dagger

[www.mirror.co.uk]
[snip]

Pretty sure Mick was (and still is?) a non resident, for tax purposes.
Charlie Chaplin was Knighted in his later years but had been a Swiss resident for a long time.
Not sure if there are any hard and fast 'exclusions'.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 24, 2017 18:19

Imho, the fairest thing to do would be to scrap the honours system altogether. Other countries manage just fine without one. It’s subjective, contentious and history has been littered with many controversial awards with people with greater achievements overlooked. It’s a ludicrous historical anachronism, which allows those in power to hand out gongs for favours.

If you have achieved something great in life, the kudos that comes with it speaks for itself. Keith has been very vocal and blunt in stating that he would not accept one if offered. Danny Boyle, who designed the London Olympics opening and closing ceremonies declined a knighthood.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 24, 2017 18:24

This doesn't look good for the Beatles vs. Stones debate.

Two Beatles now, and only one Stone.

To keep ahead, Keith will have to change his attitude and they will have to knight Charlie.

The Beatles always wind up ahead, don't they? smoking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 24, 2017 18:35

stonehearted
This doesn't look good for the Beatles vs. Stones debate.

Two Beatles now, and only one Stone.

To keep ahead, Keith will have to change his attitude and they will have to knight Charlie.

The Beatles always wind up ahead, don't they? smoking smiley

They do indeed, 55 years on. Keith will not change his attitude. Can you imagine a human being anywhere, more set in his ways than our Keith? I can’t! And if Keith won’t accept one, I doubt Charlie will be offered one.

FWIW, I think Ringo’s rumoured knighthood is ludicrous. He was by a country mile, the least talented and creative Beatle and the award is only because of the band he was fortunate to drum for 50 years ago. A vast array of infinitely more talented British Rock Musicians have come and gone since then without a sniff of an award.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-24 18:54 by grzegorz67.

Date: December 24, 2017 19:18

Congrats to Ringo- one the greatest and most inventive drummers in rock and roll.
But this is not just about drumming - it's about his lifetime contributions to music, entertainment, AND charity.

Ringo
"Since beginning his career with The Beatles in the 1960s, Ringo Starr has been one of the world’s brightest musical luminaries.
He has enjoyed a successful and dynamic solo career as a singer, songwriter and drummer, an active musical collaborator, and as an actor.
Drawing inspiration from classic blues, soul, country, honky-tonk and rock ‘n’ roll, Ringo continues to play an important role in modern music with his solo recording and touring.

Former Beatle Ringo Starr started the Lotus Foundation with his wife, Barbara Bach.
He took part in George Harrison's historic Concert for Bangladesh in 1971.
In 2012, he contributed a song to an album benefiting victims of Hurricane Sandy, and also raised money for the David Lynch Foundation.
In 2011, he made a wish come true for a young cancer survivor when he presented him with a set of drums.

He and his wife Barbara are founders of the The Lotus Foundation:

The objectives of the Lotus Foundation are to fund, support, participate in and promote charitable projects aimed at advancing social welfare in diverse areas including, but not limited to:

Substance abuse
Cerebral palsy
Brain tumours
Cancer
Battered women and their children
Homelessness
Animals in need

He also supports numerous other charities.

Also I just learned this cool factoid- Ringo has a star named after him!

Ringo

4150 Starr, provisional designation 1984 QC, is a stony Florian asteroid from the inner regions of the asteroid belt, approximately 7 kilometers in diameter.
It was discovered by American astronomer Brian Skiff at Lowell's Anderson Mesa Station on 31 August 1984.[9] It was named after ex-Beatles Richard Starkey (Ringo Starr).

And then there's his vocals on Yellow Submarine. winking smiley

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: December 24, 2017 19:55

What would Keith say? we all know.....

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 24, 2017 20:07

Ruining a phenomenal SNL sketch:

[www.nbc.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 24, 2017 20:08

It Don't Come Easy.

Congrats Sir Ringo!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home