Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...192193194195196197198199200201202...LastNext
Current Page: 197 of 223
Re: 10 Beatles songs The Stones should have recorded
Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: September 30, 2022 22:46

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 30, 2022 23:46

DandelionPowderman
VoodooLounge13
Helter Skelter
Polythene Pam
Two Of Us
Honey Don't (Keef on Vox)
Twist & Shout
Norwegian Wood
Rain (what instruments would Brian have added to this?)
Dear Prudence
Any Time At All
I'm Looking Thru You

Ronnie did the Norwegian Wood-intro in Norway in 1990, during the band intros smiling smiley

...Great minds...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 1, 2022 03:34

Sorry, but The Beatles are useless to me. I never liked them. I can tolerate listening to 2-3 of their tunes. I have been Stones all the way since Satisfaction single came out in June 1965.

Though this by George Harrison is good ---

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 1, 2022 09:46

day tripper
taxman
drive my car
revolution
gimme some truth
julia (keith)
me and my monkey
please please me (keith)
i'm so tired
please mister postman
things we said today
if i fell (keith)
i want you
you can't do that

there so many but that's just off the top of my head

hey jude (except it's mick singing hey marlongrinning smiley)

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 1, 2022 12:49

Well, since the Beatles sucked I don’t think the Stones should have recorded any of their songs.
Beatles fans are like this starry eyed cult,zombies who cant be reasoned with.
Have you ever talked to a religious fanatic who interjects Jesus into every conversation? That’s what it’s like.
Listen to me, Any English band who made it to America in the early 60s was going to be the standard bearer, if the Kinks arrived here first Ray Davies would be Lennon/ McCartney only better.
The Beatles didn’t do anything groundbreaking, they didn’t do the first stadium concert, Elvis did at the Cotton bowl in the 50s.
Ed Sullivan? Again nothing new, Elvis again.
I know, they sold more records than anyone, Bon Jovi sold more than Hendrix also.
Isn’t there a website called come together or something where you weirdos could gather?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-01 13:01 by lem motlow.

Date: October 1, 2022 13:13

lem motlow
Well, since the Beatles sucked I don’t think the Stones should have recorded any of their songs.
Beatles fans are like this starry eyed cult,zombies who cant be reasoned with.
Have you ever talked to a religious fanatic who interjects Jesus into every conversation? That’s what it’s like.
Listen to me, Any English band who made it to America in the early 60s was going to be the standard bearer, if the Kinks arrived here first Ray Davies would be Lennon/ McCartney only better.
The Beatles didn’t do anything groundbreaking, they didn’t do the first stadium concert, Elvis did at the Cotton bowl in the 50s.
Ed Sullivan? Again nothing new, Elvis again.
I know, they sold more records than anyone, Bon Jovi sold more than Hendrix also.
Isn’t there a website called come together or something where you weirdos could gather?

wow how welcoming of others with different views and opinions you areeye rolling smiley

that being said your right on almost every count except about the beatles sucking and the talent and importance of lennon and mccartney

let me put it this way shakespeare and plato where great and important writers and few would question that even if they don't enjoy there work and find it boring

also do you really think hermans hermits would have been bigger then the beatles if they got here in 63?grinning smiley

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: October 1, 2022 13:19

ProfessorWolf
do you really think hermans hermits would have been bigger then the beatles if they got here in 63?grinning smiley

Johnny Kidd and the Pirates ?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 1, 2022 15:23

Charlie singing Yellow Submarine

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 1, 2022 15:51

hockenheim95
... Come Together

Done!

Stones - Come Together

Date: October 1, 2022 16:22

couple more

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: October 1, 2022 16:50

You know My Name

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 1, 2022 21:20

Bill Wyman should have done "Si, si je suis un Rockstar" with the Stones, and sung it himself as he was the band's 3rd lead vocalist. This is the best disco song to come from somebody in the Stones camp. His bass playing would not be as low in the mix then as it is on the solo track it actually is.

Date: October 1, 2022 22:55

triceratops
Sorry, but The Beatles are useless to me. I never liked them. I can tolerate listening to 2-3 of their tunes. I have been Stones all the way since Satisfaction single came out in June 1965.

Seek help.

Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 3, 2022 20:06

Irix
shawnriffhard1
slewan

it short: seems like we're heading for another disappointment…

What is/are the other "disappointment"(s)?

No Dolby-Atmos-Mix on BluRay-Disc (Streaming subscription required instead) .... winking smiley

Extremely disappointing. Was soooo wanting to hear Tomorrow Never Knows swirling around my family room!

Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 3, 2022 23:18

Ringo Starr Puts Tour on Hold Due to Covid Diagnosis

Legendary Beatles drummer postponed weekend shows before diagnosis was confirmed on Monday

By Althea Legaspi
October 3, 2022

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 3, 2022 23:42

Great VERY early photo's of The Beatles.. Newly discovered.

[www.bbc.com]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 4, 2022 00:10

josepi
You know My Name

That’s funny!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 4, 2022 00:22

John Lennon lifted a lot of music from other artists , like for the Ballad of John and Yoko he lifted the music from Lonesome Tears in My Eyes. How he wasn’t sued for that is surprising. For Come Together, the Chuck Berry song, Yer blues , Heartbreak Hotel, Please Please Me, Hey Baby.Then get George Martin to embellish the songs. I wonder how many of his songs were rip offs of other artists. But his singing and the sound of the Beatles was impossibly great

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 4, 2022 00:30

I think "I Wanna Be Your Man" as a song is the worst song the Stones ever have recorded. It's musically a (bad) children's song, one of the most stupidiest melody ideas ever put together (can't decide which is worst: the chorus or the verse, both awful), and the lyrics will not make it any better (awful - no wonder Dylan had a laugh at them). But funny thing is that the Stones perform it with that authentic 'blues meets punk' badass attitude that it actually sounds pretty good, having that kind of dark, deep energy and badassness that no any Beatles recording ever had. And shit, Brian's killer slide solo is one of the most striking ones ever put on a record.

So, for the question, what other Beatles song the Stones should have done, I say : any of them. They could have raped any of those pop songs, and made them fascinating to my ears I am pretty sure. Them making shit (blues) out of "Please Please Me" or "We Can Work It Out", alright...

But glad they didn't (they had better material to work with)!

- Doxa

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-04 00:51 by Doxa.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 4, 2022 03:05

CaptainCorella
Great VERY early photo's of The Beatles.. Newly discovered.

[www.bbc.com]

Incredible. thumbs up

More details regarding the photos from CNN:

Paul Wane, managing director at Tracks, told CNN that the photos were taken by a fan who followed the band in the early 1960s and had a camera, which was unusual for the time. “Not many people had cameras back then,” Wane told CNN on Monday. “That’s why there are so few shots of the Beatles in the Cavern. There’s very, very, very few.” Wane said the photographer is still alive and lives in the suburbs of Liverpool, but doesn’t want his name in the public domain. “He followed the Beatles at some of the very early gigs,” said Wane. “He was on speaking terms with them.” Although the photographer has lost the negatives of the photographs, Tracks has the original contact sheet from the roll of film, he added. “It’s great these have come to light,” said Wane. “I was chuffed.”

Full story.> BEATLES

Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 14, 2022 21:16

Best wishes to Ringo, who's tested positive for Covid for the second time in recent weeks and has cancelled the remaining dates of his tour.

[twitter.com]

Date: October 14, 2022 23:21

New promo video for "Taxman" (part of promo for new version of 'Revolver' that's coming out next month).

[www.youtube.com]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2022 02:16

bye bye johnny
Best wishes to Ringo, who's tested positive for Covid for the second time in recent weeks and has cancelled the remaining dates of his tour.

[twitter.com]

That's a drag.

I thought getting it made you 'bullet proof' for at least a few months. I got it in the very late spring and deferred getting a booster until next week. Different variant maybe.

Date: October 15, 2022 03:06

CaptainCorella
New promo video for "Taxman" (part of promo for new version of 'Revolver' that's coming out next month).

Nice sound and visuals.

From the video description:

"The Beatles’ 1966 album Revolver changed everything. Spinning popular music off its axis and ushering in a vibrant new era of experimental,
avant-garde sonic psychedelia, Revolver brought about a cultural sea change and marked an important turn in The Beatles’ own creative evolution.
With Revolver, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr set sail together across a new musical sea".

Date: October 15, 2022 05:43

Hairball
CaptainCorella

Nice sound and visuals.

"The Beatles’ 1966 album Revolver changed everything. Spinning popular music off its axis and ushering in a vibrant new era of experimental,
avant-garde sonic psychedelia, Revolver brought about a cultural sea change and marked an important turn in The Beatles’ own creative evolution.
With Revolver, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr set sail together across a new musical sea".

Very average IMHO. You don't have to be very creative to do a video that is (mainly) the song lyrics in bright colours pretending to be psychedelic.

Plus, there's a mistake!

When representing the warning "beware the pennies on your eyes", the coins used to illustrate the lyric are NEW pence. They only became current after 13th Feb 1971 when the UK went decimal. Old pennies (current in the 1960s when this song was written) are very different and much larger. Bad mistake.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2022 16:38

CaptainCorella
Hairball
CaptainCorella

Nice sound and visuals.

Very average IMHO. You don't have to be very creative to do a video that is (mainly) the song lyrics in bright colours pretending to be psychedelic.

Plus, there's a mistake!

When representing the warning "beware the pennies on your eyes", the coins used to illustrate the lyric are NEW pence. They only became current after 13th Feb 1971 when the UK went decimal. Old pennies (current in the 1960s when this song was written) are very different and much larger. Bad mistake.

good catch

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: October 15, 2022 20:08

CaptainCorella
Hairball
CaptainCorella

Nice sound and visuals.

Same for me and I stopped watching after a few seconds only.
Low effort, low budget video. And looks too similar to the Yellow Submarine animated pictures film.

Apple needed one for promotion and they just did one.

Date: October 15, 2022 22:13

ds1984
And looks too similar to the Yellow Submarine animated pictures film.

The Yellow Submarine vibe is part of the charm imo, but then again I have a soft spot for that film.

Date: October 16, 2022 00:45

Hairball
ds1984

The Yellow Submarine vibe is part of the charm imo, but then again I have a soft spot for that film.

OUCH!

My point was that it's a feeble imitation of the style and simply does not cut it. Yellow Submarine (a truly wondrous experience) is on a wholly different level to this feeble upstart.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 16, 2022 03:09

CaptainCorella
Hairball
ds1984

OUCH!

My point was that it's a feeble imitation of the style and simply does not cut it. Yellow Submarine (a truly wondrous experience) is on a wholly different level to this feeble upstart.

"a truly wondrous experience"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...192193194195196197198199200201202...LastNext
Current Page: 197 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home