Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...184185186187188189190191192193194...LastNext
Current Page: 189 of 223
Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 18, 2022 14:15

Ringo on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, 2/17:

Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 18, 2022 15:15

DVD/BR new release date is currently estimated for 27-May-2022 according to the official Beatles-Shop.

[www.TheBeatlesOnline.co.uk]

Date: February 18, 2022 15:35

IMAX Japan - additional screenings 25-Feb ~ 10-Mar-2022 due to high demand:

[www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.Universal-Music.co.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 21:35 by Irix.

Date: March 3, 2022 21:23

From Madhouse Magazine*:

Beatles & Stones Merge to Record Album & Tour This Year

Meet The Rolling Beatles. In the biggest news to ever hit the music industry, the surviving members of the two biggest bands in music history are joining forces. The Rolling Stones and The Beatles are combining to form the super-est super group ever.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr have announced they plan to record an album and tour as a band this year. “It’s going to be the biggest event of all time” said band spokesperson and publicist Peyton Wise. “This event will be bigger than all of the world wars combined. Bigger than the renaissance, the dark ages and ooops, I almost said Jesus but we know what happened to Lennon when he said that. Let’s just say it’s going to be bigger than when DJ Khaled teamed up with Rihanna. Bigger than when The Harlem Globetrotters appeared on Scooby Doo. Bigger than, well you get the idea.”

Egos
How will this work you may ask? How will the huge egos be controlled? Well, Mick will of course play some guitar and sing lead on Stones songs, Paul will play bass and sing lead on Beatles songs. Ringo on drums, Keith and Ronnie on Guitars.

The band is currently in the studio writing new songs and rehearsing for the tour. The tour will be a complete world tour and will hit every country lasting some 3 years. Special guests will include former Stones members Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. John Lennon’s family will join the tour, Yoko, Julian Lennon, and Sean Lennon. Ringo’s son Zak Starkey, Billy Prestons plumber Andre Johnson, and some of Mick’s 300 children will join in as well.

Rivalry
The two bands always had a friendly rivalry going. However, this year the friendly became violent. After McCartney dissed The Stones, he and Mick had a knock down drag out fight at an In N Out Burger Restaurant in California. After the brawl, the pair got together at a local pub for a pint and some bangers and mash. After a few dozen beers, the duo came up with the idea for the collaboration. “It seemed like a natural progression for the two bands” said McCartney, “and long overdue.”

Stay tuned for all your “Rolling Beatles” news and tour dates. The band will be doing a special interview and live concert for Madhouse Magazine.

[madhousemagazine.com]

--

* The Greatest Rock n Roll Comedy Magazine in the World!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 3, 2022 21:27

A good sense of humor is not that evident.

- Doxa

Date: March 3, 2022 21:50

"The Beatles '1' album and double A-side eSingle of Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane are now available in Dolby Atmos."

[Twitter.com]

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: March 3, 2022 23:11

The Rolling Beatles... plus Jim Keltner on 2nd drum kit.

Date: March 3, 2022 23:25

Boognish

The Rolling Beatles...

Les Rolling BeatStones

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 4, 2022 14:05

Macca booked for Glasto.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 6, 2022 00:28

I just stumbled on this recent interview with the police officer who shut them down, hadn’t seen it posted before. And of course, if you’re using Safari you may have to hit Quote This Message to see the link…

[m.youtube.com]

Date: March 6, 2022 01:25

SomeTorontoGirl

I just stumbled on this recent interview with the police officer who shut them down, hadn’t seen it posted before.

Part of it was also in the article posted here - [iorr.org] .

Date: March 6, 2022 01:47

Thanks Irix, I hadn’t checked that far back…and I don’t read Treacle’s posts anyway grinning smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 6, 2022 02:03

No problem you posted it again...love it for the third time thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 6, 2022 05:03

SomeTorontoGirl
Thanks Irix, I hadn’t checked that far back…and I don’t read Treacle’s posts anyway grinning smiley

That's what she said.

Date: March 6, 2022 06:11

treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

That's what she said.

smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 11, 2022 22:14

From the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

The Beatles
Get Back to Let It Be

Beatles

Experience one of the most iconic moments of the 20th Century by stepping inside The Beatles’ January 1969 rehearsals, studio sessions, and legendary Apple Corps rooftop concert, the band’s final live performance.
The exhibit opens March 18th, 2022.

About the Exhibit
This groundbreaking exhibition curated by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is an immersive complement to Peter Jackson's docuseries, “The Beatles: Get Back.” Fans will experience The Beatles’ creative journey through the exhibit’s original instruments, clothing, and handwritten lyrics used by The Beatles and seen in the film, including items loaned directly by Paul McCartney, Ringo Star, and the estates of George Harrison and John Lennon. The exhibit will feature high-definition film clips, audio, and custom projections, transporting fans into The Beatles’ vibrant world of January 1969. Like Jackson's “Get Back” docuseries, the exhibit shows how The Beatles composed and recorded many of their iconic songs from scratch. The exhibit's three screening rooms feature a selection of footage from each location from the docuseries: Twickenham, Apple Studios, and the Apple Corps rooftop. The footage from the recording sessions and conversations turn the clock back to 1969, showing the intimacy, joyousness, and humor as The Beatles write and record songs for Let It Be and some songs featured on Abbey Road and future solo albums.

Exhibit Highlights
Some of the exhibit’s unique items include:
Paul McCartney's black and gray shirt that was worn in the studio and handwritten lyrics for "I've Got A Feeling."
Ringo Starr's maple Ludwig drum kit and his borrowed red raincoat from the rooftop performance.
John Lennon's iconic eyeglasses, Wrangler jacket, an Epiphone electric guitar, and handwritten lyrics for "Dig A Pony."
George Harrison's pink pinstripe suit and handwritten lyrics for "I Me Mine."

Fans will also enjoy audio engineer, producer, and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee Glyn Johns' record acetate from the sessions and iconic photography by Linda McCartney and by Ethan Russell, who documented the band’s January 1969 rehearsals, sessions, and rooftop performance, and whose photos are featured in the Let It Be album art.

Opening Weekend: March 18 - March 20
We'll be celebrating The Beatles all weekend long.
Starting with extended hours on Friday (10a - 7p), we'll have your favorite Beatles stories on queue, their music cranking all around the Museum, and of course some great photo ops. Check back for ongoing updates.
Tickets for opening weekend are going fast! Reserve yours today at the link below and be among the first fans to check out the new exhibit.

Date: April 11, 2022 01:47

Julian Lennon - "Imagine" from Global Citizen's Stand Up For Ukraine:

Is Jack White lighting a fire or just different? Stones vs. Beatles...
Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: April 10, 2022 17:34

Saw this link while catching up on some coffee reading this Sunday am.

Not knowing him that well didn't know if he is just lighting a fire or totally serious?
[www.msn.com]

** I think this was from an original MOJO mag interview **

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-10 17:37 by chevysales.

Re: Is Jack White lighting a fire or just different? Stones vs. Beatles...
Date: April 10, 2022 17:41

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-10 17:42 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: April 10, 2022 17:41

Every time I hear ‘Jack White’ all I can think of is how he murdered Loving Cup in SAL, then I curl up in a ball and whimper until someone brings me a whisky and pats my hand and tells me it will be all right.

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: April 10, 2022 17:49

SomeTorontoGirl
Every time I hear ‘Jack White’ all I can think of is how he murdered Loving Cup in SAL, then I curl up in a ball and whimper until someone brings me a whisky and pats my hand and tells me it will be all right.

Yes!
Me too!
That was so awful.

Date: April 10, 2022 17:55

chevysales

** I think this was from an original MOJO mag interview **

It's also reported by [www.NME.com] :

"Speaking to MOJO, White praised frontman Mick Jagger saying that he was 'smart' and was always 'feeing whatever the hippest thing was' in the 1960s, including, he went on, 'copying' The Beatles – their biggest rivals of the day.

White explained: 'People want The Rolling Stones to be cool, dirty, raucous. They don’t want to understand that The Rolling Stones were chasing a hit constantly and feeding off whatever the hippest thing was, copying whatever The Beatles did last week. 'That disrupts the fantasy. And the fantasy’s amazing – I have indulged many times with those kinds of bands. That’s not an insult. That’s them being smart and figuring out a way to keep a train moving.'

White went on to reveal in the same interview that his favourite Beatle is Paul McCartney. He explained: 'Absolutely 1,000 per cent Paul McCartney. ‘Get Back’ proves what I’ve been saying since I was 13 – without Paul, there’s no Beatles. 'Everybody else is out-of-this-world incredible. But you could theoretically take any other Beatle out of that band and still have The Beatles. You want to be on George’s side, for coolness. 'But it’s easy to be the guy in the room who doesn’t want to do anything. It’s really hard to be the one in the room who’s trying to motivate everybody. They don’t come off as cool. It’s a shame, because those are the people who make things happen. I’m not a fan of people who don’t want to do things. That’s demotivating."

The original text can be found in the box on page 74 in MOJO 342 (May 2022):

[www.PressReader.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-10 18:05 by Irix.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 10, 2022 18:24

A musical doofus

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2022 19:16

The Beatles were the 60s 800 LB. gorilla (GRRR! cover notwithstanding).

So of course the Rolling Stones copied the Beatles...they were the most successful act of all time, it would be ludicrous to not copy them to some extent.

Not on everything but probably with a lot of things. And they copied Dylan. And Chuck Berry and everyone else, and distilled it into their own unique sound.

Beatles also copied, Everly Brothers, Dylan, Motown, Beach Boys. They even admit it.

Who cares? Not sure why Jack White is bringing this up other than to gaslight, it feels like it's been awhile since he's done anything. I don't think he's a 'musical dufus', but it's hard being a relevant middle-aged rock star so I cut him a bit of slack. Though the blue air is a bad mistake.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 10, 2022 20:38

Yeah yeah Jack, beggars, let it bleed, fingers & exile all copied what the Beatles did. Go find me the songs on those albums the Beatles could have written..

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 10, 2022 20:39

His new album is pretty solid.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 10, 2022 21:46

Jack makes some valid points regarding the Stones "feeding off whatever the hippest thing was", but his take on the Beatles is a bit misguided.
Everybody know there would be no Beatles without Ringo!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 10, 2022 22:09

NashvilleBlues
His new album is pretty solid.
The reviews are terrible.
Since his first two solo records i don't pick up his records anymore.
I still listen to the dead weather quite a bit.
That was a cool band.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 10, 2022 22:14

Not to imply he's in a phase similar to Johnny Depp but look at his face and compare it to Johnny Depp

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 10, 2022 22:36

Jack White is one of very few relevant modern day rockers. I would go see him. I loved the Raconteurs and saw them in 2008. I feel extremely lucky to have gone to a White Stripes concert in 2005. I don't know where this 'doofus' crap comes from. He's the real deal. Mick and Keith really like him.

As for his comments on the Beatles and the Stones I get where he's coming from. The Beatles were indeed a monster. And the order of the day was hit singles after hit single. Only the Stones survived that, eventually coming up with their own sound with Jumping Jack Flash that the Beatles couldn't emulate. I think the competition helped both bands. And never forget that the Beatles, the core, had been together since 1957 before making their first record in 1962. The Stones had only been together, a year, a year and a half before their first recordings.

And I understand Jack's feelings on Paul being the underappreciated linchpin of the Beatles. Jack has probably had to fill that role repeatedly, or things don't happen. Whether you like Paul's solo work after Band on the Run, he is the only one of the former Fab Four to keep producing hit records after a couple years. (George had a couple minor hits later, John's last album, not his best, was unfortunately boosted by his murder).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...184185186187188189190191192193194...LastNext
Current Page: 189 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home