Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...168169170171172173174175176177178...LastNext
Current Page: 173 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 27, 2021 05:16

jbwelda
and no or little rooftop concert. Kind of dear for what you get. Gonna put this one on a back burner for now.

jb

That's being saved for the Get Back film.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 27, 2021 07:06

bleedingman
jbwelda
and no or little rooftop concert. Kind of dear for what you get. Gonna put this one on a back burner for now.

jb

That's being saved for the Get Back film.

which brings up another problem: the blu-ray is audio mixes...of course not the to-come film, which is what I initially thought this release was more connected to. Which makes me wonder if that is going to be released in multiple versions with more audio as well as video. Like a one-two punch of Letting It Be.

It will be interesting to hear what Giles Martin will do with the Spectorized version they began with.

jb

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 29, 2021 19:24

The Breakfast with The Beatles radio show [www.955klos.com] is paying tribute to Charlie with a "Beatles vs. Stones" radio show, where they alternate playing cuts by the two bands.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 29, 2021 21:17

This puts stones vs beatles in perspective a bit.
Stones coming up on 60 years, while the Beatles played their last concert 55 years ago today.

55 years ago today, The Beatles perform their last official concert at Candlestick Park in San Francisco, California. The last number they play is Little Richard's "Long Tall Sally".

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 30, 2021 05:51

How The Beatles Changed Everything
Presented by TeachRock.org

with Stevie Van Zandt - Musician, Writer, Producer, Actor, Activist, Founder of TeachRock

BEATLES

About TeachRock.org

TeachRock is an educational non-profit dedicated to the ideas that students learn best when they’re actively engaged and that music is a universal way of getting people engaged and involved. Through that lens, TeachRock creates innovative lesson plans that use popular music to teach standards-aligned curriculum across all disciplines. In the words of founder Steven Van Zandt, “the easiest way to engage a kid in conversation is to ask what kind of music they like,” and TeachRock harnesses that power to create engaging learning. TeachRock is endorsed by the New Jersey School Boards Association, the National Council for the Social Studies, the National Association for Music Education and the National Council for Geographic Education, with partners including Scholastic Inc., HBO, PBS, Reelin’ in the Years, ABC News, Rock’s Backpages, New York University Steinhardt School, and the Grammy Museum.

About the class

How did The Beatles change music forever? They were the perfect band in the perfect place at the perfect time to transform the global future of music and to highlight the roots of America's own sound. They tapped into a spirit of teamwork and camaraderie that a new generation of teenagers craved. And they set the precedent that bands could and should evolve their sound and substance over time. Join rock star Stevie Van Zandt to explore the conditions that got the world ready for Beatlemania, get to know the band that changed music forever, and examine the lasting impact of 1960s rock-and-roll culture on the way music defines each generation.

Meet your instructor, Stevie Van Zandt.

Stevie Van Zandt is a Musician, Writer, Producer, Actor, Director, Activist, Historian, Teacher, and more. As chairman of the Rock and Roll Forever Foundation, he directs TeachRock.org, a nonprofit dedicated to the power of music as a teaching tool. TeachRock provides free lesson plans to teachers around the world, integrating music into lessons on subjects from history to art, science to mathematics. A guitarist and songwriter who has played the world’s biggest venues with the Disciples of Soul, the E Street Band, and Artists United Against Apartheid, Stevie credits the Beatles with sparking his interest in becoming part of a band and with introducing him and the world to amazing and underappreciated music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 05:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 30, 2021 07:45

Hairball
How The Beatles Changed Everything
Presented by TeachRock.org

with Stevie Van Zandt - Musician, Writer, Producer, Actor, Activist, Founder of TeachRock

BEATLES

About TeachRock.org

TeachRock is an educational non-profit dedicated to the ideas that students learn best when they’re actively engaged and that music is a universal way of getting people engaged and involved. Through that lens, TeachRock creates innovative lesson plans that use popular music to teach standards-aligned curriculum across all disciplines. In the words of founder Steven Van Zandt, “the easiest way to engage a kid in conversation is to ask what kind of music they like,” and TeachRock harnesses that power to create engaging learning. TeachRock is endorsed by the New Jersey School Boards Association, the National Council for the Social Studies, the National Association for Music Education and the National Council for Geographic Education, with partners including Scholastic Inc., HBO, PBS, Reelin’ in the Years, ABC News, Rock’s Backpages, New York University Steinhardt School, and the Grammy Museum.

About the class

How did The Beatles change music forever? They were the perfect band in the perfect place at the perfect time to transform the global future of music and to highlight the roots of America's own sound. They tapped into a spirit of teamwork and camaraderie that a new generation of teenagers craved. And they set the precedent that bands could and should evolve their sound and substance over time. Join rock star Stevie Van Zandt to explore the conditions that got the world ready for Beatlemania, get to know the band that changed music forever, and examine the lasting impact of 1960s rock-and-roll culture on the way music defines each generation.

Meet your instructor, Stevie Van Zandt.

Stevie Van Zandt is a Musician, Writer, Producer, Actor, Director, Activist, Historian, Teacher, and more. As chairman of the Rock and Roll Forever Foundation, he directs TeachRock.org, a nonprofit dedicated to the power of music as a teaching tool. TeachRock provides free lesson plans to teachers around the world, integrating music into lessons on subjects from history to art, science to mathematics. A guitarist and songwriter who has played the world’s biggest venues with the Disciples of Soul, the E Street Band, and Artists United Against Apartheid, Stevie credits the Beatles with sparking his interest in becoming part of a band and with introducing him and the world to amazing and underappreciated music.

I have to say, all this looks incredible. An incredible pile of crap.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 30, 2021 08:06

...HHHHAAAAA...hhhuuhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaahuhuhhhaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 30, 2021 16:13

Lol...not a fan of Stevie Van Zandt (w/Springsteen), but he does have a great radio show - Little Steven's Underground Garage where he unearths lots of oldies and hidden gems...
I always thought he was more of a Stones fan - wondering if he'll ever give classes on them?

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 31, 2021 15:04

Let It Be rerelease to have 27 unreleased tracks

[www.guitarworld.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 31, 2021 17:50

terraplane

Let It Be rerelease to have 27 unreleased tracks

See here for the Tracklist - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: August 31, 2021 17:50

Hairball
Lol...not a fan of Stevie Van Zandt (w/Springsteen), but he does have a great radio show - Little Steven's Underground Garage where he unearths lots of oldies and hidden gems...
I always thought he was more of a Stones fan - wondering if he'll ever give classes on them?

[www.google.com]

Date: September 20, 2021 01:51

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 20 September 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 20, 2021 04:55

Rockman

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 20 September 2021

Lovely interview (etc) with this lady...

[www.youtube.com]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 20, 2021 23:35

A cassette tape with a John Lennon interview to schoolboys in January 1970 including the song 'Radio Peace' to auction in Denmark on 28-Sep-2021 - [APnews.com] :

[Bruun-Rasmussen.dk] , [www.LiveAuctioneers.com] - Large picture.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 24, 2021 15:28

Ringo on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, 9/23:

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 24, 2021 16:47

bye bye johnny

what an enjoyable interview...thanks for sharing.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 24, 2021 17:06

bye bye johnny

Ringo seems to be in excellent shape for 80+. Seems like a really nice guy & beyond cool.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: September 24, 2021 17:45

Ringo also did an interview on Rick Rubin's podcast which occurred on the day Charlie passed away. [brokenrecordpodcast.com] (also on Spotify, and wherever you listen to podcasts). At the beginning Ringo talks a bit about Charlie and also at the 39 minute mark he tells an amusing story involving him and Charlie and John Bonham. The entire interview is very good! Lots of interesting tidbits.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 25, 2021 09:08

Very nice interview. I'm also a big fan of the EP. Have many in my collection. Really like the 50's and 60's releases. Thick covers in the U.S. and laminated in Europe same as the LPs.

Date: September 27, 2021 00:36

Off-scale interesting article about the book that has been written from the actual transcripts of the Let It Be sessions...

[www.theguardian.com]

...by the bloke who did it!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 6, 2021 18:48

Never read this before, but cool little article of Beatle minutia to read:

Lizzie Bravo, Teenager Who Sang on Beatles Recording, Dies

[bestclassicbands.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-06 18:48 by Sighunt.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 6, 2021 23:32

Sighunt

[bestclassicbands.com]

Funny story thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 7, 2021 00:15

Sighunt

[bestclassicbands.com]

When I started to listen and to read about the Beatles' history, I was amazed to know that a brazilian girl was invited to sing with them, and that made a lot of brazilian fans very proud, as there's not many people who recorded with the Beatles when they were still a band.

Apart from her Beatles recording (and that per se is truly remarkable) she also sang with many top brazilian artists when she returned to Brazil in 1969.

A Stones-related fact: in 1967, a guy named Stuart Kendall got to interview John Lennon at his house in Cavendish Avenue. Mick Jagger was there, and this photo was taken using Lizzie's camera (she was waiting outside John's house), as Stuart didn't bring his own camera.

That photo and many others taken by Lizzie during the time she spent in London (1967-1969) were published in a very beautiful book with Lizzie's detailed account and memories of those days,

RIP Lizzie.

Date: October 7, 2021 00:47

Mick looks the coooooooolest ^^^^^^^^^^^^

ROCKMAN

Date: October 7, 2021 13:28

Cristiano Radtke
That photo and many others taken by Lizzie during the time she spent in London (1967-1969) were published in a very beautiful book with Lizzie's detailed account and memories of those days,

RIP Lizzie.

I've tried hunting for the book, but can't find any trace of it. Can you remember what it was called? And was it perhaps written under her (possibly) married name?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 7, 2021 23:10

CaptainCorella
Cristiano Radtke

RIP Lizzie.

I've tried hunting for the book, but can't find any trace of it. Can you remember what it was called? And was it perhaps written under her (possibly) married name?

The book is titled "From Rio to Abbey Road" and it was self-published by Lizzie, who also handled all the orders and shipping through her website, where some other photos can be seen. She was working in an English version but I don't know if it was ready yet. If and when is published I'll let you know, Captain.

Date: October 7, 2021 23:26

I gotta say, both the Get Back book and the vinyl Let It Be (5LP and 100 page hardback book) are beautifully packaged and presented. Fantastic production and quality. My weekend reading and listening is sorted!

Date: October 8, 2021 01:25

Cristiano Radtke
CaptainCorella
Cristiano Radtke

RIP Lizzie.

The book is titled "From Rio to Abbey Road" and it was self-published by Lizzie, who also handled all the orders and shipping through her website, where some other photos can be seen. She was working in an English version but I don't know if it was ready yet. If and when is published I'll let you know, Captain.

THANKS!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 8, 2021 16:53

My pleasure, Captain!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 10, 2021 21:34

Paul McCartney: John Lennon responsible for Beatle breakup

LONDON (AP) — Paul McCartney has revisited the breakup of The Beatles, flatly disputing the suggestion that he was responsible for the group’s demise.

Speaking on an episode of BBC Radio 4’s “This Cultural Life” that is scheduled to air on Oct. 23, McCartney said it was John Lennon who wanted to disband The Beatles.

“I didn’t instigate the split,” McCartney said. “That was our Johnny.”

The band’s fans have long debated who was responsible for the breakup, with many blaming McCartney. But McCartney said Lennon’s desire to “break lose? was the main driver behind the split.

Confusion about the breakup was allowed to fester because their manager asked the band members to keep quiet until he concluded a number of business deals, McCartney said.

The interview comes ahead Peter Jackson’s six-hour documentary chronicling the final months of the band. “The Beatles: Get Back,” set for release in November on Disney, is certain to revisit the breakup of the legendary band. McCartney’s comments were first reported by The Observer.

When asked by interviewer John Wilson about the decision to strike out on his own, McCartney retorted: “Stop right there. I am not the person who instigated the split. Oh no, no, no. John walked into a room one day and said, ‘I am leaving The Beatles.’ Is that instigating the split, or not?”

McCartney expressed sadness over the breakup, saying the group was still making “pretty good stuff.”

“This was my band, this was my job, this was my life. So I wanted it to continue,” McCartney said.
[apnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-10 21:35 by MisterDDDD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...168169170171172173174175176177178...LastNext
Current Page: 173 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home