Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...167168169170171172173174175176177...LastNext
Current Page: 172 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 27, 2021 10:50

THE AUSTRALIAN ----- 27 July 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 27, 2021 11:05

Whether Interpol knows also something about 50 Fully Finished Studio Outtakes from the Stones? winking smileygrinning smiley

Date: August 7, 2021 13:20

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass - 50th Anniversary - Uber-Deluxe-Edition ($999.98, €999.99):

6-Aug-2021 - [iorr.org] , [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] , [GeorgeHarrison.TMStor.es] , [Shop.uDiscoverMusic.com]

Unboxing of the Uber-Deluxe-Edition:

[www.YouTube.com] , [iorr.org]

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 7, 2021 14:02

Stunning

Date: August 7, 2021 14:25

All Things Must Pass (50th Anniversary, Super Deluxe, 70 Tracks) - [www.HighResAudio.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.ProStudioMasters.com] , [www.HDtracks.com] .

George Harrison All Things Must Pass Uber Deluxe
Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: August 7, 2021 04:57

I just unboxed the Uber Deluxe 50th Anniversary All Things Must Pass. This is the most impressive release I've seen. Looking forward to going through this in detail. Just came out today.All Things Must Pass

Re: George Harrison All Things Must Pass Uber Deluxe
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 7, 2021 05:19

Well I hope the sub-uber vinyl set I ordered is as impressive.

jb

Date: August 7, 2021 08:16

Hmmm...reviews seem to be mixed, this review of the vinyl version sounds pretty negatory.

jb

Date: August 7, 2021 09:49

Hmmm. Might just stick with the 30th anniversary edition and the original vinyl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-07 12:32 by terraplane.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 7, 2021 09:51

I got the 3 cd version. It sounds phenomenal & is a nice package. It's in a box with a nice booklet & lyric sheet/poster. The record store I go to had some lithographs that they gave away with purchase, too. My favorite record of the Beatles canon.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 7, 2021 12:35

fzv98d
I just unboxed the Uber Deluxe 50th Anniversary All Things Must Pass. This is the most impressive release I've seen. Looking forward to going through this in detail. Just came out today.All Things Must Pass

the box is surely impressive but the record is not that impressive and I don't think it passed the test of time

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 7, 2021 13:06

terraplane
Hmmm. Might just stick with the 30th anniversary edition and the original vinyl

In the new mix, the infamous wall of sound is more like a picket fence. I'm hearing all sorts of guitar parts, synth parts (!), backing vocals I've never heard before.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 7, 2021 16:31

I really like the demo disc with just George, Ringo and Klaus Voorman. This has to have been recorded around the same time that Ringo and Klaus were recording with John as The Plastic Ono Band. Within all of those sessions lies a pretty damn good sans-Paul ersatz Beatles album, with their old friend Klaus filling in on bass! Who knows, that might have lead to some George/John collaborations if they had taken a route similar to that. Fantasy, of course, John was well over anything Beatles at that point.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 7, 2021 17:22

Wah wah is so incredible

"... being there at the right time
Cheaper than a dime...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-07 17:24 by hopkins.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 10, 2021 20:05

Oh man, really wanted to believe the scathing review by Bobby Whitlock was out of jealousy, anger or something. After playing What Is Life and Wah Wah from the vinyl I have to believe what he said. However, the sound is cleaner and there's lots of separation, totally agree with that. But the guitar and horns have been nearly washed out in some spots. Also, bass and vocals are up front, just like Bobby said. I'll keep it in my collection though because the splatter vinyl is quite beautiful. No offense to those who like it, but it's not for me. They need a do over in my opinion. The record is important enough for that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-10 20:08 by frankotero.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: August 11, 2021 15:43

Just before Eric Clapton's Japan tour in December 2001, George's obituary was announced.
No public message was released to his best friend, who had been battling cancer for a long time.
That night, after saying one word, "for George," I was saddened to see Clapton silently playing "Badge"
a song he had co-written and played with George during Cream era.

By Kaoruko

Date: August 11, 2021 18:37

frankotero
Oh man, really wanted to believe the scathing review by Bobby Whitlock was out of jealousy, anger or something. After playing What Is Life and Wah Wah from the vinyl I have to believe what he said. However, the sound is cleaner and there's lots of separation, totally agree with that. But the guitar and horns have been nearly washed out in some spots. Also, bass and vocals are up front, just like Bobby said. I'll keep it in my collection though because the splatter vinyl is quite beautiful. No offense to those who like it, but it's not for me. They need a do over in my opinion. The record is important enough for that.

It is foolish to think someone like Whitlock would post a video like that just because he was pissed off about some other thing. I believed every word he said, although like most opinions, it was probably not to be believed without further proof, but the very fact he posted the video and said what he said made me pretty convinced his was in fact an accurate assessment of the record. Unless he was using some crappy turntable with worn out stylus, which I found to not be very likely, the record probably sounds exactly as he says. The only other possibility I saw is maybe he got a pre release copy of the record and it was pressed poorly, but that also was not likely.

When someone involved in the making of the record says stuff like that, I tend to believe it. He even said he liked the sound of the pre release digital version he had heard, it was the LPs that turned him off.

Still have the 8 LP set on the way but if I had heard about it earlier from someone like Whitlock, I would have thought twice or thrice about buying the deluxe set. My original sounds just fine, pulled it out and listened to it yesterday to see if it sounded as good as I recalled, and it did.

jb

jb

Date: August 11, 2021 18:55

I heard the same 2 songs digitally and it's the same. Kind of odd how the voice and bass sometimes seem to fade up and down. The thing that bothers me most is turning the guitar down. Especially on a song like Wah Wah. I'm scared to try The Art Of Dying, killer guitar there. But yeah, it's nasty to say it sounds like high school kids mixing it, but I'm afraid he's right. I've loved the record since it was released, I was 7 years old and we drove 50 miles to the store to buy it. I particularly remember looking at the poster and thinking wow is George "Jesus". It spooked me a little. But I loved the record. It belonged to my Uncle and we played it a lot. By the way I feel embarrassed to say, but I didn't know who Bobby Whitlock was until now. So it's not like I'm choosing sides or anything. I want to love the album.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-11 19:08 by frankotero.

Date: August 11, 2021 22:19

>I heard the same 2 songs digitally and it's the same.

Well you may not have heard exactly the same digital version he did, him getting advance copies and all. Other than that, I think you got it right. And someone who presumably knows sound, as Mr Whitlock obviously must, having been involved in recording and engineering, any side drama aside, I tend to believe people like him when they say things like that. Puts himself out on a plank he does, so its not like he has nothing to lose. He is being honest, and I at least appreciate it.

Am still anxiously awaiting the arrival of my set. Note he didn't have bad things to say about the extras so am hoping for the best, DR be damned. (But I was hoping for the sound to be improved on the actual release, with some of the sonic mud in the original pressing mixed out. Sounds like the opposite is the case.)

jb

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: August 17, 2021 05:14

George Harrison’s ‘All Things Must Pass’ Returns To Top 10 On Billboard Chart

Awesome!!

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:58

Toru A
Just before Eric Clapton's Japan tour in December 2001, George's obituary was announced.
No public message was released to his best friend, who had been battling cancer for a long time.
That night, after saying one word, "for George," I was saddened to see Clapton silently playing "Badge"
a song he had co-written and played with George during Cream era.

By Kaoruko

I mean, Eric organized the Concert For George the following year. That was his baby and seemed like his tribute to George.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 18, 2021 01:30

frankotero

Kinda funny, they've redone this album multiple times, and never seem to get it right!

They did kind of de-spectorize it,..much like "Let It Be Naked". You can certainly hear George's voice clearer...which is good and bad, it kind of accentuates some weaknesses.

Still good but also disappointing at the same time.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 18, 2021 06:33

kovach
Kinda funny, they've redone this album multiple times, and never seem to get it right!

I was gonna say! They basically remaster this album every 2 years and there's always an issue. I feel like I remember the 30th remaster that George oversaw before he passed and he and others being "THIS was how it was supposed to sound." Then over the years that was derided, so they put out a 40th anniversary to REALLY make it sound how it should. Now there's this and its just like, I don't know. I'll stick with my 30th that sounds fine. Yeah, Spector kinda overdid the album but thats just the album now. We were fine with it forever, so I'll live with the original. Sounds like they can't take Spector off the album without actually making a mess of the record so it is what it is lol.

Date: August 18, 2021 08:41

Well said. I was wondering how they could justify Over riding George’s 30 Anniversary edition. And yes it’s obviously clearer, but at the same time doesn’t make it better. This is a hard one to understand. Anyway I have it and I’ll play it occasionally but I think I’d always reach back to the original.

Date: August 19, 2021 12:35

1. Let’s Change The World - 4:14
2. Just That Way - 3:29
3. Coming Undone - 3:20
4. Rock Around The Clock - 2:14

17+24-Sep-2021 , 19-Nov-2021 - [www.Qobuz.com] , [TheSoundOfVinyl.com] , [www.jpc.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 12:40 by Irix.

Date: August 20, 2021 10:13

Details are slim, but famed Beatles insider and former director of Apple Films, Tony Bramwell, posted a simple message on his Facebook page, which reads: "Let It Be or whatever it is, 5 disc box set – Release date October15th! But don't quote me!"

Let It Be boxset coming in October

Date: August 26, 2021 20:35

Let It Be Deluxe - 5CD+BluRay(Audio), 5LP Vinyl-Box, 2CD set - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] :

[www.YouTube.com] - 15 October 2021 - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com]

TRACKS

Disc 1 - BluRay (Audio):

1. Dolby Atmos
2. 96kHz/24-bit DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
3. 96kHz/24-bit High Res Stereo (2019 Stereo Mix)

CD1 - New Stereo Mix of Original Album:

1. Two Of Us
2. Dig A Pony
3. Across The Universe
4. I Me Mine
5. Dig It
6. Let It Be
7. Maggie Mae
8. I’ve Got A Feeling
9. One After 909
10. The Long And Winding Road
11. For You Blue
12. Get Back

CD2 - Get Back - Apple Sessions:

1. Morning Camera (Speech – mono) / Two Of Us (Take 4)
2. Maggie Mae / Fancy My Chances With You (Mono)
3. Can You Dig It?
4. I Don’t Know Why I’m Moaning (Speech – mono)
5. For You Blue (Take 4)
6. Let It Be / Please Please Me / Let It Be (Take 10)
7. I’ve Got A Feeling (Take 10)
8. Dig A Pony (Take 14)
9. Get Back (Take 19)
10. Like Making An Album? (Speech)
11. One After 909 (Take 3)
12. Don’t Let Me Down (First rooftop performance)
13. The Long And Winding Road (Take 19)
14. Wake Up Little Susie / I Me Mine (Take 11)

CD3 - Get Back - Rehearsals and Apple Jams:

1. On The Day Shift Now (Speech – mono) / All Things Must Pass (Rehearsals – mono)
2. Concentrate On The Sound (mono)
3. Gimme Some Truth (Rehearsal – mono)
4. I Me Mine (Rehearsal – mono)
5. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window (Rehearsal)
6. Polythene Pam (Rehearsal – mono)
7. Octopus’s Garden (Rehearsal – mono)
8. Oh! Darling (Jam)
9. Get Back (Take 8)
10. The Walk (Jam)
11. Without A Song (Jam) – Billy Preston with John and Ringo
12. Something (Rehearsal – mono)
13. Let It Be (Take 28)

CD4 - Get Back LP – 1969 Glyn Johns Mix:

1. One After 909
2. I’m Ready (aka Rocker) / Save The Last Dance For Me / Don’t Let Me Down
3. Don’t Let Me Down
4. Dig A Pony
5. I’ve Got A Feeling
6. Get Back
7. For You Blue
8. Teddy Boy
9. Two Of Us
10. Maggie Mae
11. Dig It
12. Let It Be
13. The Long And Winding Road
14. Get Back (Reprise)

CD5 - Let It Be EP:

1. Across The Universe (unreleased Glyn Johns 1970 mix)
2. I Me Mine (unreleased Glyn Johns 1970 mix)
3. Don’t Let Me Down (new mix of original single version)
4. Let It Be (new mix of original single version)

[www.TheBeatles.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-27 09:55 by Irix.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 26, 2021 23:17

That Let It Be Deluxe is significantly more pricey (on Amazon at least) than the previous 3 deluxe editions. Hope that price comes down.

Date: August 27, 2021 02:31

and no or little rooftop concert. Kind of dear for what you get. Gonna put this one on a back burner for now.

jb

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 27, 2021 02:45

I will keep it to my Let It Be LP the way they recorded and they way it was meant to be

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...167168169170171172173174175176177...LastNext
Current Page: 172 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home