Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...162163164165166167168169170171172...LastNext
Current Page: 167 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 30, 2021 06:50

Hairball
I could be wrong, or am reading it wrong, or the article from CultureSonar is wrong, but pretty sure the mention of Get Back
might be in reference to the unreleased/postponed new version of Let it Be, which is now set to be released in August.

The Beatles’ ‘Get Back’ Documentary: Everything You Need To Know

The forthcoming Peter Jackson-directed ‘The Beatles: Get Back’ documentary will offer a revelatory look at the band. Here’s what we know so far.
Published on March 22, 2021
By uDiscover Team

I'd say that the CultureSonar article is both badly written & researched.

The uDiscover one, on the other hand, seems to nail it.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 30, 2021 07:41

I will be excited to see this new Get Back movie. That period has improved in my mind from my thoughts on it at the time.

I remember seeing "Let It Be In A Box" at Tower Records on sale for $3, I think actually $2.99. Kicked myself later for not buying them all up, but there were better records to spend my three bucks on at the time and they were kind of shabby looking after sitting on the shelf for weeks.

jb

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 6, 2021 15:08

The Beatles-The Final Images

Sorry if this has been posted before. As a Beatles fan, I love these photos of the group's last photo shoot. Makes me sad to view these. Like, did they all say to themselves, is this it?

[thepressmusicreviews.wordpress.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-06 15:16 by Sighunt.

Date: April 6, 2021 19:29

George never looked too happy to begin with, help me cope with this heavy gold and all that.

Yoko though, looks pretty darn good there with her headband. Kinda foxy which I never thought I would say the word "foxy" and "Yoko" in the same sentence. Oh, I guess I didn't here either.

jb

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 6, 2021 21:24

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 10, 2021 20:07

INSTANT KARMA! (Ultimate Mix) - Lennon/Ono with The Plastic Ono Band. Version 2. HD Remaster, 2021.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 10, 2021 22:20

51 years later...

Date: April 11, 2021 02:22

they ultimately mixed Yoko's vocals right out of there.

And left some incredibly clumsy drumming in.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:19

The Rolling Stones played at The Crawdaddy Club, Richmond. April 14, 1963
All four members of The Beatles were in the audience.

[twitter.com]

Date: April 15, 2021 02:40

We’d been at Teddington taping Thank Your Lucky Stars, miming to ‘From Me To You’, and we went to Richmond afterwards and met them.

The Beatles arrived dressed identically in long suede leather jackets and matching hats, which they had bought on their previous Hamburg trip.

Date: April 15, 2021 05:23

MisterDDDD
The Rolling Stones played at The Crawdaddy Club, Richmond. April 14, 1963
All four members of The Beatles were in the audience.

[twitter.com]

It would be truly amazing if that photo was of the actual event, but I suspect not.

I reckon that everyone's hair is too long.

Someone with the patience to go through dated Stones & Beatles photos would probably be able to have a very good stab at it.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: April 15, 2021 09:29

Looks more like Revolver time, maybe slightly before.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 15, 2021 09:50

.... Dont matter Mick looks da coolest .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 15, 2021 13:07

No need to hunt around for images... the one in this thread of The Stones playing in 1963 shows how much shorter Mick's hair is than in the Twitter image.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: April 15, 2021 13:18

CaptainCorella
No need to hunt around for images... the one in this thread of The Stones playing in 1963 shows how much shorter Mick's hair is than in the Twitter image.

True.. apologies for posting the inaccurate info.
Found the other pics after the fact.

Curious now as to when/where the pic was taken.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 15, 2021 14:24

Probably at the NME pollwinners concert in 1965?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2021 04:00

Never heard this story before...
Posted yesterday in Classic Rock:

Elvis wanted The Beatles as his backing band

Tom Jones reveals that his friend Elvis was hopeful that John, Paul, George and Ringo would back him after The Beatles split

Elvis Beatles

On December 31, 1970 Paul McCartney filed a legal suit against his bandmates John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr to formally dissolve The Beatles. While the news was heartbreaking for millions of devoted fans of Liverpool’s ‘Fab Four’, one man sensed an opportunity: when The Beatles were no officially defunct, Elvis Presley hoped to recruit John, Paul, George and Ringo as his Vegas backing band. This rather ambitious, some might say ridiculous, notion was revealed by legendary Welsh singer Tom Jones, in a recent conversation with popular US podcaster Marc Maron.

In 1970 Jones and Presley both had residencies in Las Vegas, and Jones remembers Presley approaching him to seek clarification on the shock news. “Elvis says to me, ‘Is that right? The Beatles have split up?’,” Jones recalls. “I said, ‘Yeah’. And he said, ‘Wow, what a shame.’ I said, ‘Yeah, they’ve done some great music.’ He said, ‘Oh no, I’m not talking about that… I thought it would be great if we had them as our backing band. Wouldn’t it be great to do a show and have The Beatles play for us, you do some of your songs, I do some of my songs.’ And I said, ‘I don’t know whether that would happen, even if they were still together’.”

In a wide-ranging and free-wheeling conversation with Maron for the WTF podcast, Jones also reveals that guitar hero Eric Clapton might have joined his backing band if Cream hadn’t taken off quickly. “In London, the ’60s, you knew you were in the middle of it,” says Jones. “When The Beatles kicked the door down we thought, ‘We’re in it, right there, with hit records. We’d hang out in different clubs all together. Eric Clapton, I remember talking to him outside a club, and he said, ‘Look, I’ve put this band together and we’re gonna put a record out, Cream. The first one didn’t make it, if the second one don’t, I’ll play guitar for you. I said, ‘Sure.’”

Date: April 28, 2021 04:35

If true, shows how delusional the guy was, or became.

At that time his major audience was blue haired little old ladies and their drunk husbands. Not exactly a Beatles demographic.

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2021 06:29

jbwelda
If true, shows how delusional the guy was, or became.

At that time his major audience was blue haired little old ladies and their drunk husbands. Not exactly a Beatles demographic.

jb

I think Blue Hawaii outsold Sgt. Pepper, so maybe it was just an ego thing?

Date: April 28, 2021 07:09

Did Blue Hawaii actually outsell SP back then? Even over time thats kind of hard to believe but you never know and maybe them blue haired grannies bought a lot of records!

But seriously, that's pretty amazing if true.

jb

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 28, 2021 09:13

jbwelda
Looks more like Revolver time, maybe slightly before.

jb

I’d hazard a guess it dates from sometime in 1964. Going by their attire and hair-length, anyway.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 28, 2021 19:10

Elvis and The Beatles could have both opened for Ann-Margaret dancing ala Viva Las Vegas...

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 24, 2021 20:59

Ooh boy! I can't wait for this to come out. Exciting stuff for Beatles fans.

The Beatles: Get Back: Release Date And Other Quick Things About The Peter Jackson Documentary

[www.cinemablend.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 24, 2021 21:14

Sighunt
Ooh boy! I can't wait for this to come out. Exciting stuff for Beatles fans.

The Beatles: Get Back: Release Date And Other Quick Things About The Peter Jackson Documentary

[www.cinemablend.com]

thumbs upsmiling smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 28, 2021 17:18

Came across this. George and Patti and life in the country wearing their love like heaven. No idea if this has been posted in this thread previously. Very 60s, rather trippy, more music history. There's a quick shot of George sitting by a pool. Is that Brian Jones in the background?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 4, 2021 10:45

Two days ago a Dutch original DJ passed away age 93. Yesterday there was an extensive interview with him (obviously made some years ago). Mr. Herman Stok, with collegae Berend Boudewijn, had the (historically) honour to have interviewed the Beatles after they arrived in the Netherlands for their first and only concert on June 6 1964 (Ringo, ill, was replaced by Jimmy Nichol).
When asked if they had any favorite bands in their homecountry, George Harrison named The Searchers, and Lennon immediatly added The Rolling Stones! Good taste winking smiley
Only three months later the classic Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (The Hague) was ripped to pieces during the first ever concert on the European Continent of the Rolling Stones. Time flies ...
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 10, 2021 17:35

Massive George Harrison ‘All Things Must Pass’ Box Due in August

Dhani Harrison, bassist Klaus Voormann, and others look back on the late Beatle’s 1970 solo masterpiece, and detail the making of a new deluxe reissue

By David Browne
June 10, 2021

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 18:18 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 10, 2021 21:50

bye bye johnny

Massive George Harrison ‘All Things Must Pass’ Box Due in August

Available in 7 different physical editions:

1. Uber Deluxe Edition: 8LP+5CD+BluRay. Comes in a wooden crate with books, figurines, Klaus Voorman illustration and more.

2. Super Deluxe Edition (CD): 5CD+BluRay. Original album, plus 3CDs of Demos & Outtakes, plus a BluRay with Surround-Mixes.

3. Super Deluxe Edition (Vinyl): 8LP. Original album plus 5LPs of Outtakes/Demos.

4. Deluxe Edition (Vinyl): 5LP. Original album plus 2LPs of Outtakes (no Demos).

5. Deluxe Edition (CD): 3CDs. Original album plus an extra disc of Outtakes/Jams. Comes in a little box.

6. Standard Edition (Vinyl): 3LP-set featuring the new mix of the album, available on black Vinyl and green splatter-coloured Vinyl.

7. Standard Edition (CD): 2CD-set featuring new mix of the album. Gatefold card sleeve presentation.

6-Aug-2021 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: June 14, 2021 13:03

What is the Uber Deluxe Box?

Will Uber eats deliver George's CDs to my house?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 14, 2021 13:40

Toru A

What is the Uber Deluxe Box?

Uber, derived from the German term über (something beyond), is a prefix like super, hyper, mega, ultra and has nothing to do with the same named delivery/transportation company.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...162163164165166167168169170171172...LastNext
Current Page: 167 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1183
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home