Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...160161162163164165166167168169170...LastNext
Current Page: 165 of 223
Re: Lennon knew about Jones ?????
Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: February 20, 2021 21:08

How about Tom Jones and Brian being related? Both Jones, both Welsh. The green, green grass of Cotchford is a strong clue too.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 21, 2021 12:56

Irix
georgie48

I now have three names I can work on.

So, John Perry Jones could be a relative of Elias Phillips Jones (1865–1937), father of Lewis Blount Jones (1917–2009) and grandfather of Brian Jones?

Btw: I can't see that picture from the passenger list too and maybe it's better to remove the uninvolved names of the passenger list due to privacy reasons. Let them rest in peace.

Hi Irix,

I found a clear piece of information (person) that fits the search track we're on, but (again privacy protection for the time being) like to forward it to you through another channel.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 21, 2021 14:55

georgie48

I found a clear piece of information (person) that fits the search track we're on, but (again privacy protection for the time being) like to forward it to you through another channel.

Interesting - check your mail ....

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 21, 2021 15:08

Georgie48

Hi Irix,
We are reaching a sensitive stage. I will temporarily add my email address under my alias, so we can communicate in such a way that nobody get "hurt". When 2000LYFH is online I'll do the same for him. If you don't like it, let me know.

Got it!

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: February 21, 2021 18:28

OK......enough is enough.......I apologise to all who are bored rigid by this thread.......I wish I had never started it as it.

It is now quite clear that when Georgie48 made his original claim that Lennon knew Jones before the Stones and Beatles had formed......he was making it up and taking the piss.......he had at that time no facts to support his statement.

Therefore I now disassociate myself from this thread !

Date: February 21, 2021 18:30

I am listening to It’s All Over Now........VERY loud.

Date: February 21, 2021 18:32

I am now hearing....She Said Yeah......VERY loud and feeling less bored.

Date: February 21, 2021 18:37

I am now drifting back in time with Empty Heart .....and feeling much better.

Goodbye to this thread.......please drop it guys, enough is enough.

Date: February 21, 2021 19:27

Kingbeebuzz
OK......enough is enough.......I apologise to all who are bored rigid by this thread.......I wish I had never started it as it.

It is now quite clear that when Georgie48 made his original claim that Lennon knew Jones before the Stones and Beatles had formed......he was making it up and taking the piss.......he had at that time no facts to support his statement.

Therefore I now disassociate myself from this thread !

I understand your disappointment, but I think that you wouldn't anyone who is dear to you to be hurt or get into trouble, or? I wrote "for the time being" just to make sure that further information is not going to damage anyone. Unfortunately it happened years ago to someone "thanks to" the sensationalists, naysayers and party poopers (as someone named them tastefully). I based my "claim" on very trustworthy information that I received over a period of two and half years but something sad happened during the early months of 2020, what made me decide to come out with my Beatles vs Stones notes. I need a fair amount of additional facts to support what I got. Again, it's not about sensationalism, but ... human tragedy with deep pain. wasn't Lennon's life not full of it?
I still appreciate what you did and I will not forget that, no matter what you think of me. I will keep communicating with fellow Stones (and Beatles) fans, because something unexpected could surface that could help.

Date: February 21, 2021 19:29

I'm online now 2000LYFH. you can click on my alias ...winking smiley

Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2021 21:12

Waiting for the next stone to be turned in this mysterious saga...and keep up the good work. thumbs up

Date: February 23, 2021 08:35

Hairball
Waiting for the next stone to be turned in this mysterious saga...and keep up the good work. thumbs up

Thanks!

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 28, 2021 20:35

New poster:

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 28, 2021 20:59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-28 21:00 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 1, 2021 02:54

Thanks Cristiano. thumbs up
I imagine there will be boatloads of publicity surrounding this event (seems there already is), with the Beatles continuing to blaze trails over 50 years after they ended - quite impressive!

Cristiano Radtke
New poster:

OT: John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band Super Deluxe up for pre-order
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: March 4, 2021 15:27

Just ordered this amazing set - Why oh why can't we have releases like this for Beggars, Let it Bleed etc...

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-04 15:28 by Lynd8.

Re: OT: John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band Super Deluxe up for pre-order
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: March 4, 2021 16:58

Keith remembers John

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 4, 2021 18:24

A strange candidate for a deluxe edition. It's such a spare, emotionally wrenching work that it doesn't seem to call for Blu Ray audio mixes, and outtakes. Six CDs? It was never a sonic experience as it was a gut reaction. I could be wrong.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 4, 2021 19:44

Meh. Live Peace In Toronto, now maybe that would be worthwhile. Five disks of Yoko Ono outtakes with Eric grimacing in the background!

jb

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 4, 2021 21:55

CD 6 looks interesting.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 4, 2021 21:59

I'll listen to the album 6 times through, which looks like what most of this box is lol.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 4, 2021 23:56

Promo video. Still a little vague on the track details. Nice book, though.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 5, 2021 00:05

Article about this release - [www.SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Date: March 5, 2021 00:30

God, listening to Working Class Hero right now. Amazing what John pulled off on his first solo outing.

Date: March 5, 2021 00:41

Irix
Article about this release - [www.SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Love the original album, but this looks to be a whole lot of mumbo jumbo, and I'd be fine with a Semi-deluxe version with half the material for $30.
Unfortunately I don't anticipate the expensive/massive Super Deluxe having any major price drops in the same way that Stones releases end up in the clearance bargain bins, so might just settle for the 2 cd version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-05 00:43 by Hairball.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 5, 2021 01:45

I thought it was basically spectorized emotional bullshit that would have been better to have been kept in the psychoanalyst's office instead of sullying the Beatles name with it and its many nasty implications. Hopefully the new version strips away some of the tedious wall of sound nonsense that muddied up the acoustics so on this release.

jb

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 5, 2021 04:57

jbwelda
I thought it was basically spectorized emotional bullshit that would have been better to have been kept in the psychoanalyst's office instead of sullying the Beatles name with it and its many nasty implications. Hopefully the new version strips away some of the tedious wall of sound nonsense that muddied up the acoustics so on this release.

jb

There wasn't much of a Phil Spector "Wall of Sound" on this record. I think he really only added a few bricks (if any) this time, and those little touches deftly enhanced the work and for once didn't scream PHIL SPECTOR PRODUCTION!

I heard a few cuts of what sounded like early takes on Chris Carter's Breakfast With The Beatles radio show last Sunday, and they underscored what a great contribution Phil made to the final product.

Date: March 5, 2021 05:45

loog droog
jbwelda

jb

There wasn't much of a Phil Spector "Wall of Sound" on this record. I think he really only added a few bricks (if any) this time, and those little touches deftly enhanced the work and for once didn't scream PHIL SPECTOR PRODUCTION!

I heard a few cuts of what sounded like early takes on Chris Carter's Breakfast With The Beatles radio show last Sunday, and they underscored what a great contribution Phil made to the final product.

Per wikipedia: Spector played piano on "Love", but Lennon and Ono produced the album largely on their own, as Spector was unavailable during most of the recording sessions. Spector mixed the album for three days towards the end of October.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 5, 2021 06:38

jbwelda

jb

It's not a Beatles record. He's not sullying anything. It's a John Lennon record.A And it's probably the most important album of the 70s.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: March 5, 2021 07:12

24FPS
jbwelda

jb

It's not a Beatles record. He's not sullying anything. It's a John Lennon record.A And it's probably the most important album of the 70s.

Definitely one of the most important

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...160161162163164165166167168169170...LastNext
Current Page: 165 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home