Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...150151152153154155156157158159160...LastNext
Current Page: 155 of 223
Re: OT: OMG! Ringo turns 80 on July 7th
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 1, 2020 20:12

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 1, 2020 20:25

PEACE Ringo

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 1, 2020 20:53

Wow.

Charlie is 79!

Paul is 78.

Mick and Keith will be 77 this year.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 1, 2020 22:36

GasLightStreet
Wow.

Charlie is 79!

Paul is 78.

Amazing so many of these icons still around, maybe not at the top of their game but still affecting so many people around the years almost 6 decades later.

I wonder what Elvis would have morphed into if he'd taken a slightly different path.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 1, 2020 22:38

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Wow.

Charlie is 79!

Paul is 78.

Amazing so many of these icons still around, maybe not at the top of their game but still affecting so many people around the years almost 6 decades later.

I wonder what Elvis would have morphed into if he'd taken a slightly different path.

I think about that. Elvis, Jim Morrison, Janice... Bon Scott. Kurt Cobain. I know there are more but those are the ones I wonder about sometimes.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 1, 2020 22:44

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Wow.

Charlie is 79!

Paul is 78.

I think about that. Elvis, Jim Morrison, Janice... Bon Scott. Kurt Cobain. I know there are more but those are the ones I wonder about sometimes.

so true, Brian Jones even.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: July 1, 2020 23:23

HOLY CRAP!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 1, 2020 23:55

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Wow.

Charlie is 79!

Paul is 78.

I think he would be on infomercials selling his own patented peanut butter and banana sandwich grill.

Posted by: Ronnierocks ()
Date: July 2, 2020 00:34

Keef and Iggy Pop will outlive everyone.
Hard to believe that Debbie Harry is 75 today, still looks fab.

Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 3, 2020 20:45

Beatles Manager Brian Epstein Movie ‘Midas Man’ - directed by Grammy Winner Jonas Akerlund - will be shot in London, Liverpool and the U.S. for release in 2021 -- [Variety.com] .

Re: Ringo turns 80 on July 7th
Date: July 7, 2020 11:34

Happy 80th Birthday, Peace & Love to the one and only:

smileys with beer

Re: Ringo turns 80 on July 7th
Date: July 7, 2020 12:10

Ringo’s Big Birthday Show, 7-Jul-2020, 8pm ET :

[www.YouTube.com]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 7, 2020 23:57

I think in retrospect, Ringo came out of that whole mess the best off. He gives the impression of really enjoying life, which the other three had a real problem with if you ask me.

jb

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 8, 2020 00:19

Birthday wishes for Ringo from Ronnie:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 8, 2020 07:18

jbwelda
I think in retrospect, Ringo came out of that whole mess the best off. He gives the impression of really enjoying life, which the other three had a real problem with if you ask me.

jb
Ringo had the least to live up to. Ringo could enjoy being a @#$%& Beatle, in a way the others couldn't. Ringo is a great drummer, but the others had such extraordinary talent so early on. John and Paul had to beat their Beatles work. Which I'd argue they never did, even though I love a lot of John's solo stuff, and some of Paul's too. Listen, George came out of the @#$%& gate with All Things Must Pass then never really did another great solo studio album again. That just happens. They didn't have time to enjoy it cause they had to top it. Ringo just had to live. Ringo could enjoy life and be with his friends. Just show up. It was a totally different circumstance. They all found happiness: John with Yoko and Sean, Paul with Linda, George with Monty Python then later Olivia and Dhani. They all had lives, but yes, I'd agree that all the way Ringo had it the best off and its so wonderful he's still here and still Ringo. But again, the credit I give him is he had to make a life from a completely different place. You could argue he didn't have to do anything because he would always be a Beatle and there's your meal ticket, but he easily could have been the "untalented" Beatle the rest of his life in comparison to the other 3. But his attitude is just so "Ringo" that I think it made his whole life great. If that makes sense.

Ringo Starr tonight on You Tube/Happy Birthday
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 8, 2020 02:18

Should be a good show tonight at 8:00 PM. BTW, Happy Birthday to the 2nd greatest drummer!

Re: Ringo Starr tonight on You Tube/Happy Birthday
Date: July 8, 2020 02:26

What time zone? What channel?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: July 8, 2020 02:38

Starts at 8pm EST

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 8, 2020 02:42

It's also on the AXS-TV channel.

(They are preceding it with a replay of Ringo's interview with Dan Rather)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-08 02:45 by loog droog.

Date: July 8, 2020 02:53

Ohh, Ben Harper - one of my favorite singers / guitar players.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: July 8, 2020 03:16

thanks for sharing !
Sheila E's version of come together rocks !!

Posted by: Ronnierocks ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:59

This would surprise many people..
Ringo Starr is older than Cliff Richard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-08 23:00 by Ronnierocks.

beatles sold 158 million concert tickets
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 15, 2020 03:31

read a few blogs and news pieces on the internet last night and the question i wanted to know is which band sold the most concert tickets ever in their entire career, many answers pointed to either the grateful dead or the stones, other sources didnt answer the question properly citing instead other answers to who sold the highest grossing tour etc, but several answers from different sources quoted the beatles as having sold a massive 158 million concert tickets.

was wondering where these lies came from, who copied them and whos stupid enough to believe them. if this is true then they must have sold around 30 million tickets a year, they must have performed on average 300 times a year every year and had attendances of 100,000 every gig.

why does such bull exist, its not true, do beatles fans have to make up lies always to be top of every list.

any opinions on this anyone.

Re: beatles sold 158 million concert tickets
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 15, 2020 03:56

Yes this stuff drives me nuts. It’s sad that a lot of people believe this crap.

Date: July 15, 2020 04:28

Lol

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: July 15, 2020 04:50

Perhaps that many have been sold through current day. You know, old tickets being re-sold on Ebay, etc. If you add those in & cover band/tribute band sales...well, it's still a stretch.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: July 15, 2020 07:30

It must have been dream-tickets.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 15, 2020 08:33

I was very recently fooled by fake stuff on YouTube. Even a figure of 1.58 million would be far away from the truth. 158 m would mean more than the Stones, Elvis, U2 and Michael Jackson together ...
My rough guess is that they sold around half a million tickets between 1961 and 1969. I'll check it with my Beatles fanclub former chairman friend.

Some people's frustrations go very deep ...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 15, 2020 10:02

Sure you've been listening to The Beatles all these years and not just a mixture of Shadows, The Monkees and KISS ?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 4, 2020 16:32

At home with Paul McCartney: His most candid interview yet

Photo: Mary McCartney

By Dylan Jones
4 August 2020

In the collective pause of pandemic, introspection finds fresh expression. And for Paul McCartney, who would have headlined Glastonbury this summer, 60 years on the world stage offers much on which to reflect. In this exclusive interview, with incredible images taken from lockdown by daughter Mary, we found him wistful, candid and contented as he recalled all the notes of a miraculous life. How four lads from Liverpool came together to change a great deal more than music. What it felt like to be blamed for the band’s demise. How behind fame, adulation and wealth exists a normality he jealously protects. And why the work of a lifetime is still far, far from finished...

[www.gq-magazine.co.uk]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...150151152153154155156157158159160...LastNext
Current Page: 155 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home