Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...131132133134135136137138139140141...LastNext
Current Page: 136 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 15, 2019 02:24

Deltics
"The thing is, with the Beatles and us, it was a very friendly relationship. It was also very cannily worked out, because in those days singles were coming out every six, eight weeks. And we’d try and time it so that we didn’t clash. I remember John Lennon calling me up and saying, “Well, we’ve not finished mixing yet.” “We’ve got one ready to go.” “OK, you go first.”
Keith Richards in "Life" 2010.

The Beatles vs The Stones

3:43

[www.youtube.com]

OT : Todd Rundgren, Micky Dolenz, Christopher Cross... Beatles White Album Tour
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 8, 2019 18:00

Todd Rundgren, Micky Dolenz, Christopher Cross Unite for Beatles ‘White Album’ Tour

Really? Why?

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-08 18:20 by schillid.

Re: OT : Todd Rundgren, Micky Dolenz, Christopher Cross... Beatles White Album Tour
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 8, 2019 18:28

They really should use the Mothers Of Invention album title regarding this: "We're Only In It For The Money".

Re: OT : Todd Rundgren, Micky Dolenz, Christopher Cross... Beatles White Album Tour
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 8, 2019 19:29

Sounds like a really bizarre idea, though it might be interesting to hear their version of Revolution #9 w/Christopher Cross on vocals.winking smiley

Also, "...expect Christopher Cross to break out “Sailing,” Ride Like The Wind” and “Arthur’s Theme (Best You Can Do),”'

That seals the deal, I'm not going!

Posted by: thegroove ()
Date: June 8, 2019 21:13

Good Grief....

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 8, 2019 22:36

Thats insane, even by dinosaur oldies acts standards. Although the kicker is that Todd Rundgren is involved. Weird guy, but a genius and not desperate like the others or people you'd typically see doing this. His presence makes it baffling.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 8, 2019 22:39

I think they didn't safe enough money for their retirement..............

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 8, 2019 23:09

I think Todd will make the show interesting. Don’t think he would be involved
if this was not the case.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 9, 2019 03:59

Todd has made some extremely odd career choices over the years, not the least of which was his decision to join The Cars and be their frontman.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-09 04:03 by tatters.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 9, 2019 04:14

Christopher Cross got his contract the old fasioned way: nepotism. His dad was some sort of big wig at Warner.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 9, 2019 04:18

……. Rent must be due …………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 9, 2019 04:50

It's kinda like one of those Ringo tours, but without Ringo.

Date: June 9, 2019 05:04

Ringo MacGowan ………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 9, 2019 05:45

This is weird man, guess mortgage is due

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 9, 2019 07:45

I'm not sure what's the weirdest aspect: the lineup of musicians, the fact that they're gonna perform the White Album in some frankenstein fashion, or the fact that they're then also gonna play THEIR songs alongside Beatles ones. I like the Monkees and Todd Rundgren a lot, but can't think of any time I'm looking to hear them on a mix with the White Album. Literally, the whole conception of this seems incredibly strange.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 9, 2019 08:31

Mickey Dolenz singing "Piggies" and "Sexy Sadie". Really, who doesn't have that on their bucket list?

Date: June 9, 2019 08:35

They could bring in Ted Nugent
ta sing Happiness Is a Warm Gun …..

ROCKMAN

Date: June 9, 2019 17:30

Such poor taste.
Next is ?...

Manson family doing Helter Skelter... ?
Marilyn? ...

MH17 Families:
Back In The USSR?

Date: June 9, 2019 17:31

Woody Allen
Dear Prudence

Date: June 9, 2019 17:34

Even more bad taste:

Micky Dolenz singing
Honey Pie

Date: June 9, 2019 19:21

Special guest appearance by Bill Clinton singing/reciting Bungalow Bill w/ a sax solo.

*(With Hillary stepping in to sing the high pitched part).

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 5, 2019 19:50

The Beatles’ original management contract with Brian Epstein, signed by the Band on 24 January 1962. Offered in July 2019 for sale at Sotheby's auction house -- Large picture.

Date: July 10, 2019 03:27

Sir Peter Jackson's Beatles doco to be 'more expressive', says Ringo Starr

"Sir Peter Jackson is creating his documentary from 55 hours of footage of the band working on Let It Be".

Beatles

Former Beatles member Ringo Starr says an upcoming documentary on the band from Kiwi filmmaker Sir Peter Jackson will be "more expressive and more like we were".

Speaking to SiriusXM about the upcoming documentary, Starr says the original 1970 documentary Let It Be, which ends with the Beatles' famous rooftop concert in London, misrepresented the band.

"I'm looking with Peter Jackson at all the footage that was never used," he says. "Prior to us doing that, we're all hanging out, and it's a lot of fun, lot of humour, and not like the one that came out."

Starr says director Michael Lindsay-Hogg used one moment of brief disagreement over who wanted to play live to construct his documentary, when in reality, the band got along much more in real life.

When Michael Lindsay-Hogg put his film together, which he's in quite a lot, too, they just stuck to those seconds of an argument," he says. "But there was a lot of joy, and I think Peter will show that ... this one, I think, will be more expressive and more like we were."

Jackson's film will be based on around 55 hours of footage of the band working on songs that eventually became the Let It Be album.

Jackson said he was "relieved" to discover the tension displayed in Lindsay-Hogg's documentary was a "myth".

"After reviewing all the footage and audio that Michael Lindsay-Hogg shot 18 months before they broke up, it's simply an amazing historical treasure-trove. Sure, there's moments of drama - but none of the discord this project has long been associated with.

"Watching John, Paul, George and Ringo work together, creating now-classic songs from scratch, is not only fascinating - it's funny, uplifting and surprisingly intimate."

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 10, 2019 04:03

Hairball
Sir Peter Jackson's Beatles doco to be 'more expressive', says Ringo Starr

"Sir Peter Jackson is creating his documentary from 55 hours of footage of the band working on Let It Be".

Beatles

Former Beatles member Ringo Starr says an upcoming documentary on the band from Kiwi filmmaker Sir Peter Jackson will be "more expressive and more like we were".

Speaking to SiriusXM about the upcoming documentary, Starr says the original 1970 documentary Let It Be, which ends with the Beatles' famous rooftop concert in London, misrepresented the band.

"I'm looking with Peter Jackson at all the footage that was never used," he says. "Prior to us doing that, we're all hanging out, and it's a lot of fun, lot of humour, and not like the one that came out."

Starr says director Michael Lindsay-Hogg used one moment of brief disagreement over who wanted to play live to construct his documentary, when in reality, the band got along much more in real life.

When Michael Lindsay-Hogg put his film together, which he's in quite a lot, too, they just stuck to those seconds of an argument," he says. "But there was a lot of joy, and I think Peter will show that ... this one, I think, will be more expressive and more like we were."

Jackson's film will be based on around 55 hours of footage of the band working on songs that eventually became the Let It Be album.

Jackson said he was "relieved" to discover the tension displayed in Lindsay-Hogg's documentary was a "myth".

"After reviewing all the footage and audio that Michael Lindsay-Hogg shot 18 months before they broke up, it's simply an amazing historical treasure-trove. Sure, there's moments of drama - but none of the discord this project has long been associated with.

"Watching John, Paul, George and Ringo work together, creating now-classic songs from scratch, is not only fascinating - it's funny, uplifting and surprisingly intimate."

As long as they show the entire rooftop concert I'll be happy!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 11, 2019 15:58

If band members walk out of a recording session, it's hard to deny there wasnt a considerable amount of discord and tension.
In fact only Paul seemed enthusiastic about keeping the band going in the 68/69 period.
I will of course be looking forward to the film, but hope it isn't an effort to rewrite history.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: July 19, 2019 18:38

Date: August 2, 2019 20:20

Good news straight from (one of) the horses mouth:

Ringo Starr Says There Will Indeed Be a Box Set Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of ‘Abbey Road’

Abbey Road 50th Anniversary

Recent years have seen fancy and meticulously detailed reissues of classic Beatles albums like Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and the White Album, celebrations which may have sparked the thought: “Hmm, I wonder if a fancy reissue for the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road is in the works, too?”

The answer to that is yes, as Ringo Starr confirmed in a new chat with Billboard:

“I’ve loved all the re-releases because of the remastering, and you can hear the drums, which got dialed down in the old days,” Starr says. “I get a bit fed up, personally, with all those, like, Take 9 or Take 3, the odd takes that we didn’t put out, but that’s part of the box set and you have to do stuff like that. But I’ve always just listened to the record itself, what we put out in the 60s or 1970, and it’s brighter. It’s amazing with Beatles music; We have a billion streams a year now, and every generation still has a listen to us. Far out.”

Ringo’s right, of course. It is ‘far out’ that so many music fans continue to listen to the Beatles’ recorded output — and also for those who have discovered them in recent years, as well. Glad to see they aren’t going the way of Yesterday and becoming a forethought in music history.

In addition to that quote in the Billboard piece, Starr also mentions he’s finshing up work on another new studio album, which will be the follow-up to 2017’s Give More Love.

Billboard article: Ringo

Date: August 8, 2019 19:00

8-Aug-2019: it's the 50th Anniversary of the Abbey-Road-Album Cover-Photo:

The Cover-Photo was taken on 8-Aug-1969 at 11:35am by Iain MacMillan.

Abbey Road Zebra-Crossing Live-Webcam: [www.AbbeyRoad.com] - (scroll down).

Abbey-Road-Album 50th-Anniversary Deluxe-Edition: [www.SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Funny Birthday-Present by Stones-Painter Sebastian Krüger:

[www.Instagram.com] · Large version

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-08 19:25 by Irix.

Date: August 8, 2019 19:28

WOW! smiling smiley

From Billboard:

The Beatles Celebrating 50th Anniversary Of 'Abbey Road' With Unreleased Demos and Special Recordings

Abbey Road

Sept. 26 will mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles' iconic album Abbey Road. To celebrate, the band will release a suite of packages via Apple Corps Ltd./Capitol/UMe.

The packages, which will be released on the anniversary date, will feature the album's 17 tracks newly mixed by producer Giles Martin and mix engineer Sam Okell in stereo, high res stereo, 5.1 surround, and Dolby Atmos. Additionally, there will be 23 session recordings and demos, which are mostly unreleased.

"The Beatles recording journey had gone through many twists and turns, learning curves and thrilling rides," McCartney wrote in the foreword for the anniversary edition packages. "Here we were -- still wondering at the magic of it all."

“The magic comes from the hands playing the instruments, the blend of The Beatles’ voices, the beauty of the arrangements,” Martin also said. “Our quest is simply to ensure everything sounds as fresh and hits you as hard as it would have on the day it was recorded.”

Road's followup album, 1970's Let It Be, was the band's final record, but Road was the last one that John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and George Harrison recorded together as a group. This marks the first time Road has ever been remixed and added to with session recordings and demos.

The super deluxe box set includes 40 tracks on three CDs and one Blu-ray disc, while the the Super Deluxe digital audio collection presents all 40 tracks for download purchase and streaming. The limited edition Deluxe vinyl box set features all 40 tracks from the Super Deluxe collection on three 180-gram vinyl LPs.

The anniversary editions of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and The Beatles (White Album) were released in 2017 and 2018, respectively.

The new edition will be available on Sept. 26. Pre-order it here. Abbey Road

See all of the track lists below.

SUPER DELUXE [3CD+1Blu-ray set; digital audio collection]

CD ONE: 2019 Stereo Mix

1. Come Together
2. Something
3. Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
4. Oh! Darling
5. Octopus’s Garden
6. I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
7. Here Comes The Sun
8. Because
9. You Never Give Me Your Money
10. Sun King
11. Mean Mr Mustard
12. Polythene Pam
13. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
14. Golden Slumbers
15. Carry That Weight
16. The End
17. Her Majesty

CD TWO: Sessions

1. I Want You (She’s So Heavy) (Trident Recording Session & Reduction Mix)
2. Goodbye (Home Demo)
3. Something (Studio Demo)
4. The Ballad Of John And Yoko (Take 7)
5. Old Brown Shoe (Take 2)
6. Oh! Darling (Take 4)
7. Octopus’s Garden (Take 9)
8. You Never Give Me Your Money (Take 36)
9. Her Majesty (Takes 1–3)
10. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight (Takes 1–3 / Medley)
11. Here Comes The Sun (Take 9)
12. Maxwell’s Silver Hammer (Take 12)

CD THREE: Sessions

1. Come Together (Take 5)
2. The End (Take 3)
3. Come And Get It (Studio Demo)
4. Sun King (Take 20)
5. Mean Mr Mustard (Take 20)
6. Polythene Pam (Take 27)
7. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window (Take 27)
8. Because (Take 1 – Instrumental)
9. The Long One (Trial Edit & Mix – 30 July 1969)

(Medley: You Never Give Me Your Money, Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard, Her Majesty, Polythene Pam, She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End)

10. Something (Take 39 – Instrumental – Strings Only)
11. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight (Take 17 – Instrumental – Strings & Brass Only)

BLU-RAY: Abbey Road

Audio Features:
- Dolby Atmos
- 96kHz/24 bit DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- 96kHz/24 bit High Res Stereo (2019 Stereo Mix)

DELUXE 3LP VINYL BOX SET (limited edition)

LP ONE: Side 1 (2019 Stereo Mix)

1. Come Together
2. Something
3. Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
4. Oh! Darling
5. Octopus’s Garden
6. I Want You (She’s So Heavy)

LP ONE: Side 2 (2019 Stereo Mix)

1. Here Comes The Sun
2. Because
3. You Never Give Me Your Money
4. Sun King
5. Mean Mr Mustard
6. Polythene Pam
7. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
8. Golden Slumbers
9. Carry That Weight
10. The End
11. Her Majesty

LP TWO: Side 1 (Sessions)

1. I Want You (She’s So Heavy) (Trident Recording Session and Reduction Mix)
2. Goodbye (Home Demo)
3. Something (Studio Demo)
4. The Ballad Of John And Yoko (Take 7)
5. Old Brown Shoe (Take 2)

LP TWO: Side 2 (Sessions)

1. Oh! Darling (Take 4)
2. Octopus’s Garden (Take 9)
3. You Never Give Me Your Money (Take 36)
4. Her Majesty (Takes 1–3)
5. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight (Takes 1–3) / Medley)
6. Here Comes The Sun (Take 9)
7. Maxwell’s Silver Hammer (Take 12)

LP THREE: Side 1 (Sessions)

2. The End (Take 3)
3. Come and Get It (Studio Demo)
4. Sun King (Take 20)
5. Mean Mr Mustard (Take 20)
6. Polythene Pam (Take 27)
7. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window (Take 27)
8. Because (Take 1 Instrumental)

LP THREE: Side 2 (Sessions)

1. The Long One (Trial Edit & Mix – 30 July 1969)
2. Something (Take 39 – Instrumental – Strings Only)
3. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight (Take 17 – Instrumental – Strings & Brass Only)

DELUXE 2CD

CD ONE: 2019 Stereo Mix

CD TWO: Sessions

2. Something (Studio Demo)
3. Maxwell’s Silver Hammer (Take 12)
4. Oh! Darling (Take 4)
5. Octopus’s Garden (Take 9)
6. I Want You (She’s So Heavy) (Trident Recording Session & Reduction Mix)
7. Here Comes The Sun (Take 9)
8. Because (Take 1 Instrumental)
9. You Never Give Me Your Money (Take 36)
10. Sun King (Take 20)
11. Mean Mr Mustard (Take 20)
12. Polythene Pam (Take 27)
13. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window (Take 27)
14. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight (Takes 1–3 / Medley)
15. The End (Take 3)
16. Her Majesty (Takes 1–3)

STANDARD [1CD; digital; 1LP vinyl; limited edition 1LP picture disc vinyl]

2019 Stereo Mix

WOW! smiling smiley

Irix
8-Aug-2019: it's the 50th Anniversary of the Abbey-Road-Album Cover-Photo:

The Cover-Photo was taken on 8-Aug-1969 at 11:35am by Iain MacMillan.

Abbey Road Zebra-Crossing Live-Webcam: [www.AbbeyRoad.com] - (scroll down).

Abbey-Road-Album 50th-Anniversary Deluxe-Edition: [www.SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

smiling smileythumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-08 19:35 by Hairball.

Date: August 8, 2019 21:35

Abbey Road, Zebra-Crossing, 8-Aug-2019, 11:35am:

Webcam: [www.AbbeyRoad.com] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...131132133134135136137138139140141...LastNext
Current Page: 136 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home