Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...130131132133134135136137138139140...LastNext
Current Page: 135 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Papo ()
Date: February 20, 2019 09:13

I disagree. That movie/story does only work with The Beatles'songs.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 20, 2019 20:55

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 25, 2019 19:00

Happy Birthday George!!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 2, 2019 16:12

John Lennon and Yoko Ono's first gig in 1969 celebrated

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 2, 2019 16:44

Deltics

With Anita, photographed by George Harrison.

It's Suki. The photo is from June or after as George didn't start the psych paint job until June 1967.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-02 16:47 by His Majesty.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: March 2, 2019 22:01

Did George have a selfie stick?

Date: March 3, 2019 12:38

His arms and hands.

Date: March 3, 2019 17:07

George was an early fan of the "selfie".
Got some interesting shots over the years.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 3, 2019 18:34

John, Candlestick 1966

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 15, 2019 00:31

------------>>>>>>> [blog.eil.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: March 15, 2019 01:36

Rockman

------------>>>>>>> [blog.eil.com]

It sold for £9,400 in the end, less than half the price quoted in the article.
And it was warped!
[www.ebay.co.uk]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: March 15, 2019 03:44

awww well nearly 10k
for a warped 7" ain't bad ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 15, 2019 04:27

heres my extra tuppence worth regarding the ongoing rivalry between the beatles and the stones.

point 1. think its wrong they are compared only up till 1970, when the stones produced many great songs after. if the beatles were capable maybe they might have stayed together, obviously they had their reasons for not having the quality of stuff the stones were about to put out ready.

point 2. please dont tell me helter skelter is heavier than any rock the stones produced, its not. if thats the heaviest the beatles produced then thats ample proof the stones were a much better rock band. rip this joint, rocks off are good examples.

point 3. the stones didnt copy the beatles all the time, its a john lennon myth.as stones done covers early on, as did many bands, including the beatles, lennon was jealous of the stones, look what they were doing 68-72 compared to the beatles.

point 4. average stones songs often get panned by the media, yet crap like love me do, yellow submarine, obla di obla da never get criticism, why. proof the media were always biased towards the beatles.

point 5. if the beatles were as good at rock as they said they were why didnt they include more rockier songs on album deepcuts, instead they seemed to stick to a lesser intense and safer style.

point 6. why was satanic always accussed of copying peppers album, peppers is overrated and satanic is more trippier and rockier and in line with the stones mystic.

point 7. why do some wombles songs sound similar to the beatles.

point 8. why are so many beatles songs soulless, stones songs are rarely soulless, obviously stones trumped there.

point 9. stones get often accussed of using the same instruments as the beatles, like the sitar on norweigan wood, then followed by paint it black, was this a beatles attempt to hide the fact they have never done anything as passionate, intense, aggressive and beautiful as paint it black. do the beatles own these instruments. and have the patent for what gets used.

point 10. if the beatles had not split up, what would have been the first butlins holiday camp they would have performed at.

point 11. beatles ballads get a lot more praise than stones, as is usually the case, yet the stones have a great collection, like wild horses, no expectations, lady jane, as tears go by, time waits for no one, winter.

point 12. would the beatles be more popular or succesful if they had formed years later, i doubt it,

point 13. are the beatles the greatest rock band ever, i dont think so.

you may agree or disagree with certain points. all these points are opinions, not just mine, bit other peoples too.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 15, 2019 05:18

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 15, 2019 06:47

buttons67
heres my extra tuppence worth regarding the ongoing rivalry between the beatles and the stones.

I have never heard about any "rivalry between the beatles and the stones," it have allways been the fans. I think that the fact that The Rolling Stones' fans keep on writing such lists (this one is super pathetic...my opinion :-) is the ultimate proof, that The Beatles win... if there was a rivalry or a contest, which there isn't. So I would say The Beatles' fans win :-)

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 15, 2019 17:29

Happy24
buttons67

I have never heard about any "rivalry between the beatles and the stones," it have allways been the fans. I think that the fact that The Rolling Stones' fans keep on writing such lists (this one is super pathetic...my opinion :-) is the ultimate proof, that The Beatles win... if there was a rivalry or a contest, which there isn't. So I would say The Beatles' fans win :-)

Not sure why people try to deny that there was somewhat of a rivalry between the Stones and the Beatles. Probably the same type of people who claim every comparison between groups is Apples and Oranges.

We have seen that Lennon was competitive and we know that he noted the standing of the two bands. . Harrison was as he used to tell the Stones how much bigger the Beatles were . McCartney has admitted to being competitive. Mich Jagger admitted that they were rivals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-15 17:35 by stanlove.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: March 15, 2019 20:13

Listen...as a passionate Stones fan I will concede top spot to the Beatles...The Beatles influenced EVERYTHING and just look at the music produced by John, Paul, George and Ringo as solo artists...compared to the Stones...and I prefer the latter.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 15, 2019 23:15

The Peace & Love Turntable – 30-Year-Anniversary for Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band by [www.Project-Audio.com] :

Artwork-design by Ringo Starr - Large version of this picture

2Xperience - The Beatles White Album by [www.Project-Audio.com] :

Large version of this picture

More Turntables of the Artist-Collection: [www.Project-Audio.com] .

Posted by: ash ()
Date: March 17, 2019 03:24

buttons67

point 1. think its wrong they are compared only up till 1970, when the stones produced many great songs after. if the beatles were capable maybe they might have stayed together, obviously they had their reasons for not having the quality of stuff the stones were about to put out ready.

point 2. please dont tell me helter skelter is heavier than any rock the stones produced, its not. if thats the heaviest the beatles produced then thats ample proof the stones were a much better rock band. rip this joint, rocks off are good examples.

point 3. the stones didnt copy the beatles all the time, its a john lennon myth.as stones done covers early on, as did many bands, including the beatles, lennon was jealous of the stones, look what they were doing 68-72 compared to the beatles.

point 4. average stones songs often get panned by the media, yet crap like love me do, yellow submarine, obla di obla da never get criticism, why. proof the media were always biased towards the beatles.

point 5. if the beatles were as good at rock as they said they were why didnt they include more rockier songs on album deepcuts, instead they seemed to stick to a lesser intense and safer style.

point 6. why was satanic always accussed of copying peppers album, peppers is overrated and satanic is more trippier and rockier and in line with the stones mystic.

point 7. why do some wombles songs sound similar to the beatles.

point 8. why are so many beatles songs soulless, stones songs are rarely soulless, obviously stones trumped there.

point 9. stones get often accussed of using the same instruments as the beatles, like the sitar on norweigan wood, then followed by paint it black, was this a beatles attempt to hide the fact they have never done anything as passionate, intense, aggressive and beautiful as paint it black. do the beatles own these instruments. and have the patent for what gets used.

point 10. if the beatles had not split up, what would have been the first butlins holiday camp they would have performed at.

point 11. beatles ballads get a lot more praise than stones, as is usually the case, yet the stones have a great collection, like wild horses, no expectations, lady jane, as tears go by, time waits for no one, winter.

point 12. would the beatles be more popular or succesful if they had formed years later, i doubt it,

point 13. are the beatles the greatest rock band ever, i dont think so.

you may agree or disagree with certain points. all these points are opinions, not just mine, bit other peoples too.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 24, 2019 19:04

The Beatles: Made on Merseyside

They defined music and popular culture like no other band ever will. But how did The Beatles make the journey from Merseyside teenagers to international pop stars in the 1960s? The Beatles: Made on Merseyside recounts how American rock ‘n’ roll and rhythm and blues dragged post-war Liverpool into one of the most vibrant music cities ever with the Mersey Sound.

Featuring unique archive and revealing interviews from those involved in the early years of The Beatles in Liverpool and Hamburg, we discover the story of The Beatles’ previous band formations and why it took so long for them to achieve success. From school bands to colleges, Hamburg to The Cavern Club, The Beatles moved from skiffle to rock ‘n’ roll before creating their unique sound.

Director and Producer - Alan Byron

Broadcasts

Friday 29 March
21:00
BBC FOUR

Next Saturday 30 March
23:45
BBC FOUR

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: March 28, 2019 00:06

ROCKMAN

Date: March 28, 2019 21:08

"The thing is, with the Beatles and us, it was a very friendly relationship. It was also very cannily worked out, because in those days singles were coming out every six, eight weeks. And we’d try and time it so that we didn’t clash. I remember John Lennon calling me up and saying, “Well, we’ve not finished mixing yet.” “We’ve got one ready to go.” “OK, you go first.”
Keith Richards in "Life" 2010.

The Beatles vs The Stones

Date: March 28, 2019 21:26

Deltics
"The thing is, with the Beatles and us, it was a very friendly relationship. It was also very cannily worked out, because in those days singles were coming out every six, eight weeks. And we’d try and time it so that we didn’t clash. I remember John Lennon calling me up and saying, “Well, we’ve not finished mixing yet.” “We’ve got one ready to go.” “OK, you go first.”
Keith Richards in "Life" 2010.

The Beatles vs The Stones

Bullocks. grinning smiley

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: March 29, 2019 00:47

Would someone kindly record the audio of this BBC documentary- and put it on CDr for me. I can offer in return a still- sealed, original blue teal London Records octagonal hits album. I am studying how the musical styles of the early Beatles and Rolling Stones evolved. Thanks, Dave.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 8, 2019 23:45

Date: April 22, 2019 03:49

Herald Sun --- 22 April 2019

ROCKMAN

Date: April 24, 2019 20:39

In process of selling all of my Beatles CD's.

grinning smiley

Date: May 3, 2019 00:38

Herald Sun -- 3 May 2019

ROCKMAN

Date: May 10, 2019 13:32

‘Rarest Beatles record in the world’ hits the auction block..

[nypost.com]

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: May 14, 2019 09:00

I can understand selling or trading in CDs by any artist, because I prefer the sound of analogue-to-analogue, especially vinyl recorded before the digital era. I wouldn’t let go of, for example, the amazing interplay of Brian and Keith on “ 19th Nervous Breakdown”, nor John and George on “And Your Bird Can Sing”.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...130131132133134135136137138139140...LastNext
Current Page: 135 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home