Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...128129130131132133134135136137138...LastNext
Current Page: 133 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 21, 2019 04:52

bleedingman
noughties
If it wasn`t for that medley on side 2, Abbey Road would have been a sub par album.

Bang! Bang! Terrible song.

That's the only true dud on the entire album!!!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 21, 2019 04:54

Carnaby

Saint Brian

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 21, 2019 06:37

Its amazing how easy I put on the White Album last night and couldn't get up to change it the entire time. What a record. 90 minutes flew by.

OT: Fashion flash: Everybody will be wearing Beatles gear
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 24, 2019 17:36

I can see the lads down at the pub wearing this gear now.

[daman.co.id]

Re: OT: Fashion flash: Everybody will be wearing Beatles gear
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 24, 2019 18:09

?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 24, 2019 18:11

Love The Beatles but I don't like these clothes. Sorry to Ms. Mccartney.

Date: January 24, 2019 19:43

The faux patchwork is a bit patchy (for lack of a better term)...or maybe it's just crappy.
The Yellow Submarine button up shirt is kind of nice, but can't imagine ever wearing it except maybe at a Macca or Ringo concert.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2019 22:21

HELP...…!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 24, 2019 22:51

I do wonder if she has put the copyright credits on the designs! Just because her dad was a Beatle doesn't give her the right to use.

But, just the stuff to wear out to totally embarrass the kids!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 24, 2019 22:56

The shoes are ok, change the rest.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2019 23:19

ROCKMAN

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: January 24, 2019 23:20

Everyone but one. Me.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: January 25, 2019 01:59

CaptainCorella
I do wonder if she has put the copyright credits on the designs! Just because her dad was a Beatle doesn't give her the right to use.

But, just the stuff to wear out to totally embarrass the kids!

It looks more like pricey rock merch than a seasonal menswear line. Co-branding? But yes, over the top loud.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: January 25, 2019 04:28

Total rubbish.

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: January 25, 2019 18:04

The artwork is by the late German graphic designer Heinz Edelman

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 26, 2019 10:03

Awful

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 30, 2019 13:41

Posted on Facebook:

New Film Project
We are proud to announce an exciting new collaboration between The Beatles and the acclaimed Academy Award winning director Sir Peter Jackson

The new film will be based around 55 hours of never-released footage of The Beatles in the studio, shot between January 2nd and January 31st, 1969. These studio sessions produced The Beatles’ Grammy Award winning album Let It Be, with its Academy Award winning title song. The album was eventually released 18 months later in May 1970, several months after the band had broken up.

The filming was originally intended for a planned TV special, but organically turned into something completely different, climaxing with The Beatles’ legendary performance on the roof of Apple's Savile Row London office — which took place exactly 50 years ago today.

Peter Jackson said, "The 55 hours of never-before-seen footage and 140 hours of audio made available to us, ensures this movie will be the ultimate ‘fly on the wall’ experience that Beatles fans have long dreamt about."

“I was relieved to discover the reality is very different to the myth,” continues Jackson, “it’s simply an amazing historical treasure-trove. Sure, there’s moments of drama - but none of the discord this project has long been associated with. Watching John, Paul, George, and Ringo work together, creating now-classic songs from scratch, is not only fascinating - it’s funny, uplifting and surprisingly intimate”.

"I’m thrilled and honoured to have been entrusted with this remarkable footage - making the movie will be a sheer joy.”

Uncut magazine article: [www.uncut.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-30 13:55 by Deltics.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: January 30, 2019 15:22

Deltics
Posted on Facebook:

New Film Project
We are proud to announce an exciting new collaboration between The Beatles and the acclaimed Academy Award winning director Sir Peter Jackson

The new film will be based around 55 hours of never-released footage of The Beatles in the studio, shot between January 2nd and January 31st, 1969. These studio sessions produced The Beatles’ Grammy Award winning album Let It Be, with its Academy Award winning title song. The album was eventually released 18 months later in May 1970, several months after the band had broken up.

The filming was originally intended for a planned TV special, but organically turned into something completely different, climaxing with The Beatles’ legendary performance on the roof of Apple's Savile Row London office — which took place exactly 50 years ago today.

Peter Jackson said, "The 55 hours of never-before-seen footage and 140 hours of audio made available to us, ensures this movie will be the ultimate ‘fly on the wall’ experience that Beatles fans have long dreamt about."

“I was relieved to discover the reality is very different to the myth,” continues Jackson, “it’s simply an amazing historical treasure-trove. Sure, there’s moments of drama - but none of the discord this project has long been associated with. Watching John, Paul, George, and Ringo work together, creating now-classic songs from scratch, is not only fascinating - it’s funny, uplifting and surprisingly intimate”.

"I’m thrilled and honoured to have been entrusted with this remarkable footage - making the movie will be a sheer joy.”

Uncut magazine article: [www.uncut.co.uk]

This is great news! I'm hoping for a soundtrack album as well. Those of us familiar with bootlegs know that there is a treasure trove of outstanding recordings of the Beatles jamming on old Rock & Roll classics and early versions of songs later released on Let It Be and Abbey Road, that were caught by the cameras filming the "Get Back" sessions. I don't know how much of this, if any, was recorded on multi-track, but the cam recordings sound exceptional! There has to be at least a double album's worth of greatness lurking in 140 hours of audio recordings of The Beatles!

Oh, and not to be overshadowed, the Let It Be film will finally get a proper release, fully restored and a likely 5.1 Mix! Yes!!!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 30, 2019 18:07

Catching up with Ringo.

[www.thedailybeast.com]

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 30, 2019 18:07

Hairball
bleedingman
noughties
If it wasn`t for that medley on side 2, Abbey Road would have been a sub par album.

Bang! Bang! Terrible song.

That's the only true dud on the entire album!!!

I think both Maxwell's Silver Hammer as Octupus Garden are very very weak. I am also not very fond of the medley. However, I do think Abbey Road and Revolver are their best albums but it strikes me that both albums have seriously weak songs on them.
The Beatles were far superior pop-song writers compared to the Stones but even their best albums have really silly nonsense on them. In the case of Abbey Road it's the aforementioned. In the case of Revolver, it's - obviously - Yellow Submarine (why they wanted to put that song on an album which was so clearly in many ways a masterpiece is a mystery to me), Taxman and Good day Sunshine.

I don't know, maybe some people would say that in the case of the Stones, their best albums have "weak songs" like Dear Doctor, or Country Honk, or You Gotta Move, or Just Wanna See His Face. Of course, I don't agree since I think all of these are still very good and, moreover, add to the general feel of the albums as opposed to subtracting from them.

Date: January 30, 2019 18:26

Taxman is a GREAT TUNE!!!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 20:20

Today it is 50 years ago that the Beatles (already after several years without live concerts) gave their final live performance (on the roof of a studio, I think). Not long after that they quit altogether.
Reading that, a thought came into my mind:
If the Beatles and the Rolling Stones would have started as bands today (with the same age and same music as those 5+ decades ago), how would the young audience (they would not have Beatles or Stones connected (grand)parents spinning smiley sticking its tongue out) of today (so not immediately us "oldies"; we could still come in a little later cool smiley) respond to that?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:11

Re 'weak songs'. Yes pretty much every album you can name has some weaker tracks.
Yet, people clamber for rejected tracks, outtakes first takes, demos etc to be released.
Yet, usually they are weaker than these 'weaker tracks'.
The expectation is better than the reality, perhaps.

Peter Jackson Is Doing Beatles 'Let It Be' Film.
Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 15:23

Glad to see that Peter Jackson, who did the brilliant WW1 documentary 'We Shall Not Grow Old' is putting together the long awaited 'Let It Be' documentary. Click the link to read more.
[variety.com]

Re: Peter Jackson Is Doing Beatles 'Let It Be' Film.
Date: January 30, 2019 15:27

More in the Beatles-thread.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 30, 2019 16:56

That will be very interesting.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 30, 2019 19:45

Very nice and looking forward to this release

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:24

georgie48
Today it is 50 years ago that the Beatles (already after several years without live concerts) gave their final live performance (on the roof of a studio, I think). Not long after that they quit altogether.
If the Beatles and the Rolling Stones would have started as bands today (with the same age and same music as those 5+ decades ago), how would the young audience (they would not have Beatles or Stones connected (grand)parents spinning smiley sticking its tongue out) of today (so not immediately us "oldies"; we could still come in a little later cool smiley) respond to that?

They had last played live (Candlestick to rooftop)
less than three years before. That's not exactly several years.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:29

georgie48

The Beatles would be seen as one direction. A boy band.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:37

georgie48
Today it is 50 years ago that the Beatles (already after several years without live concerts) gave their final live performance.

It's mind boggling that 50 years ago The Beatles were already winding down, but in a weird way, you could say they were together longer than the (original) Rolling Stones. Even before The Beatles played on the roof, Brian had already played his last show with the Stones, and even before The Beatles had put the finishing touches on Abbey Road, Brian was dead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-30 22:39 by tatters.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...128129130131132133134135136137138...LastNext
Current Page: 133 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home