Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...124125126127128129130131132133134...LastNext
Current Page: 129 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 5, 2018 18:56

jlowe

When he put his mind to it, John COULD BE extremely creative, decisive and focussed.
And be prepared to take on board other musicians ideas.
Neither Mick nor Keith seem to possess these qualities? Shame.

I think they share almost all of these qualities.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 8, 2018 14:55

White Album - HighRes-Versions 96kHz/24bit - Download:

Super-Deluxe-Edition (6 Discs, 107 Tracks) - [www.Qobuz.com] - € 136.99 / £ 110.49

Deluxe-Edition (3 Discs, 57 Tracks) - [www.Qobuz.com] - € 38.99 / £ 32.49

Date: October 8, 2018 15:15

John COULD be creative?? Really?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 8, 2018 16:20

Very cool Yoko art installation "Sky" unveiled at the 72nd St. subway station near the Dakota.
Looking forward to checking it out next time there.

[gothamist.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 4, 2018 07:31

Amazing new video released for the upcoming White Album Deluxe:

The Beatles - Glass Onion (2018 Mix)

Date: November 4, 2018 13:15

Hairball

Love it, stylish as always.

The walrus was Paul.......

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: November 4, 2018 13:30

My brother was eight years older than me, he died in April. He turned the five year old me on the Stones in 1966. The White Album has always been his favourite "others" record.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 4, 2018 14:20

Hairball

Great video...aah 'The Fool on the hill'...The Maharishi, of course.

Date: November 4, 2018 14:35

jlowe

Great video...

Yep thumbs up

Date: November 9, 2018 09:48

I received my 6CD plus Blu-ray edition yesterday. It is very WHITE but superbly packaged. Looking forward to listening to it, all 107 tracks!

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: November 9, 2018 13:20

Manofwealthandtaste
I received my 6CD plus Blu-ray edition yesterday. It is very WHITE but superbly packaged. Looking forward to listening to it, all 107 tracks!

This...and the the release of Dylan's More Blood More Tracks...makes the Beggar's Banquet deluxe a complete embarrassment...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 13:20 by ThePaleRider.

Date: November 9, 2018 19:59

ThePaleRider
Manofwealthandtaste

This...and the the release of Dylan's More Blood More Tracks...makes the Beggar's Banquet deluxe a complete embarrassment...

Yes, I was hoping Beggars would have been special, but had a feeling the White album and Blood on the Tracks would be superior even before the Beggars details were released (Beatles and Dylan releases are always exceptional). Never though could I have imagined what a complete contrast of greatness to embarrassment it would end up being. On the bright side, saved alot of money by not having to buy Beggars Deluxe.
Next up, Hendrix's Electric Ladyland Deluxe which will be another truly interesting release w/lots of extra goodies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 20:00 by Hairball.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: November 9, 2018 20:56

I'm on the fence about buying the WA set. I don't like Giles Martin's work, so have little use for the remix (and don't care for the released samples). I do want the extra tracks. The packaging is interesting. I'll wait for more reviews before deciding. These sets are all record company profiteering.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 9, 2018 22:50

marianna
I'm on the fence about buying the WA set. I don't like Giles Martin's work, so have little use for the remix (and don't care for the released samples). I do want the extra tracks. The packaging is interesting. I'll wait for more reviews before deciding. These sets are all record company profiteering.

It is all for record companies but at least with The Beatles and Dylan box sets they are really really beautiful. I get that that doesn't mean much to most, it doesn't even really mean much to me (I'd rather just pay $20 and get the music than stuff I'm gonna look at once) but its a nice touch. At least its not shoddy, its a legitimately good product. My dad just got the 6 disc one and I saw it yesterday and it is indeed breathtaking. It seems defintive, which is good cause it should be. Its a wonderfully white box with a coffee table book that has notes from Paul and pictures of the original lyrics and notes about each song. Again, I totally get it, its not even really my thing, but if you wanna be immersed at least they did a good job. Same with Dylan.

And its not outrageously priced. Its like $140 but it could be a lot worse. The thing that sucks is you kinda have to get the 6 disc, cause as you say I didn't need another remix but I needed the extras. So the Esher demos just wouldn't do. I personally think its worth it if you love this album. If you don't, hey its easy to find online illegally. I'm not recommending it but hey, its the alternative and its not a secret. Personally I enjoy being able to hold this and the Dylan box and dig into it. Its a high price but its not jaw dropping and its hard to say you don't get your money's worth. I think this is more value than Sgt Peppers, which I thought they kinda skimped with only 2 extra discs, both of which combined pretty much fit on one disc.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 9, 2018 22:58

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 10 November 2018

ROCKMAN

Date: November 9, 2018 23:10

For those who are unsure if the Demos/Outtakes are worth it: the 107-Track-Edition is available in full on [open.Spotify.com] .

Simply register for free and use Spotify's Webplayer (at the bottom of Spotify's frontpage, works e.g. with Google's Chrome-Browser).

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 10, 2018 01:11

Special limited edition Beatles 'The White Album' 50th anniversary commemorative T-shirt. winking smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 10, 2018 01:14

Lol...I want one those exclusive t-shirts!!!grinning smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 10, 2018 01:19

Hairball
Lol...I want one those exclusive t-shirts!!!grinning smiley

Beware of cheap counterfeits!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 10, 2018 01:58

it seems a bit tight in the armpit...are your sure this is not an counterfits that doesn't not fits grinning smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 10, 2018 02:02

Irix
For those who are unsure if the Demos/Outtakes are worth it: the 107-Track-Edition is available in full on [open.Spotify.com] .

Simply register for free and use Spotify's Webplayer (at the bottom of Spotify's frontpage, works e.g. with Google's Chrome-Browser).

Just listen a bunch of them......out takes and demos are great.......but what are the 2018 Mix and Esher Demo's they doesn't sound like the Beatles....................

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 10, 2018 03:20

Deltics
Special limited edition Beatles 'The White Album' 50th anniversary commemorative T-shirt. winking smiley

I already have 20 of them.smiling smiley

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 10, 2018 03:27

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 10, 2018 04:43

Is it hard or easy to complete this white album jigsaw puzzle?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 10, 2018 23:46

Geez, I'm on the 2nd disc of White Album out-takes and I'm already satisfied. I'm talking disc 4 and 5. Perfect! Don't think I could ask for more. On the subject of packaging my only complaint there isn't more color pictures. Anyhow, overall it's worth more than the price in my opinion. They did this one right, I'm very happy.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 11, 2018 01:05

Deltics

Mine is numbered. I was looking for the shirt #0000001, but I guess Ringo has that one.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 11, 2018 01:14

frankotero
Geez, I'm on the 2nd disc of White Album out-takes and I'm already satisfied. I'm talking disc 4 and 5. Perfect! Don't think I could ask for more. On the subject of packaging my only complaint there isn't more color pictures. Anyhow, overall it's worth more than the price in my opinion. They did this one right, I'm very happy.

Yes, Giles Martin and the team at Apple seem to have got it right.
With The Stones, there is obviously the 'problem' with ABKCO for any pre 1970 releases but the Stones controlled Archival releases just don't seem to have had the same care and interest shown.
Maybe Mick and Keith are less bothered than Maaca and Ringo also? Apple has actually been a plus in terms of protecting their legacy.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 11, 2018 09:26

Rockman

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 10 November 2018

I disagree with him about Revolution 9.

I like it. A lot.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 11, 2018 09:37

RollingFreak
marianna

It is all for record companies but at least with The Beatles and Dylan box sets they are really really beautiful. I get that that doesn't mean much to most, it doesn't even really mean much to me (I'd rather just pay $20 and get the music than stuff I'm gonna look at once) but its a nice touch. At least its not shoddy, its a legitimately good product. My dad just got the 6 disc one and I saw it yesterday and it is indeed breathtaking. It seems defintive, which is good cause it should be. Its a wonderfully white box with a coffee table book that has notes from Paul and pictures of the original lyrics and notes about each song. Again, I totally get it, its not even really my thing, but if you wanna be immersed at least they did a good job. Same with Dylan.

And its not outrageously priced. Its like $140 but it could be a lot worse. The thing that sucks is you kinda have to get the 6 disc, cause as you say I didn't need another remix but I needed the extras. So the Esher demos just wouldn't do. I personally think its worth it if you love this album. If you don't, hey its easy to find online illegally. I'm not recommending it but hey, its the alternative and its not a secret. Personally I enjoy being able to hold this and the Dylan box and dig into it. Its a high price but its not jaw dropping and its hard to say you don't get your money's worth. I think this is more value than Sgt Peppers, which I thought they kinda skimped with only 2 extra discs, both of which combined pretty much fit on one disc.

There has never been a Stones deluxe reissue equivalent to what has been done with Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jame and of course, The Beatles. Among loads of others. The Beatles anthologies? Genius.

No Stones. The EOMS stand alone disc was cool... but hardly anything on it. The SOME GIRLS deluxe edition was not only a shame in that one had to buy the album as well but it's not even accurate.

The gripe about profiteering for the record labels - it's not Big Pharma. No one's life is depending on buying a super deluxe reissue. It's all optional.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 11, 2018 09:44

NICOS
Irix

Just listen a bunch of them......out takes and demos are great.......but what are the 2018 Mix and Esher Demo's they doesn't sound like the Beatles....................

The demos sound like The Beatles... recording demos. Have you not heard them before on the anthologies? They're fantastic.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...124125126127128129130131132133134...LastNext
Current Page: 129 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home