Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...119120121122123124125126127128129...LastNext
Current Page: 124 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2018 21:40

Green Lady
[www.mirror.co.uk]

While we're on the subject of Carpool Karaoke - I don't think they'd ever do it, do you?

Maybe now that Paul has done it, the Stones will agree as they've been known to do things that the Beatles already did before them.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 3, 2018 01:53

Hairball
His Majesty
Hairball

I don't know where your friends live, but as PaleRider posted above from the Daily Mail (a UK rag) "Hundreds of people posting there hate Corden..."...so maybe it's a UK thing?
As far as I know, here in the States he's immensely popular even hosting the Grammy's the last two years. He's a pudgy funny British guy - what's not to like?

It's very much a thing in UK to hate/dislike/knock down those that have done well.

People tend to love things when they are on their way to success, but have an odd reaction when they actually achieve it.

Massive generalisation, but it is a recurring thing, especially in the press.

Haha yes having lived there I fully understand that, but thought maybe there was something more specific for the blanket hatred for Corden in the UK.
Like maybe he voiced some controversial political opinion, or renunciated his citizenship, and/or maybe he's considered a traitor for taking his talents to the US while abandoning the mother country haha.
Whatever the case, he's always seemed kind of harmless and likeable, but I suppose not everyone's cup of tea.

I think you're overanalysing this.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: July 3, 2018 05:26

CaptainCorella
Hairball
His Majesty
Hairball

I don't know where your friends live, but as PaleRider posted above from the Daily Mail (a UK rag) "Hundreds of people posting there hate Corden..."...so maybe it's a UK thing?
As far as I know, here in the States he's immensely popular even hosting the Grammy's the last two years. He's a pudgy funny British guy - what's not to like?

It's very much a thing in UK to hate/dislike/knock down those that have done well.

People tend to love things when they are on their way to success, but have an odd reaction when they actually achieve it.

Haha yes having lived there I fully understand that, but thought maybe there was something more specific for the blanket hatred for Corden in the UK.
Like maybe he voiced some controversial political opinion, or renunciated his citizenship, and/or maybe he's considered a traitor for taking his talents to the US while abandoning the mother country haha.
Whatever the case, he's always seemed kind of harmless and likeable, but I suppose not everyone's cup of tea.

Yeah, I think so too - but "overanalyzing" might be too strong of a term as it's just a simple conversation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-03 05:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 3, 2018 17:51

i think we need MORE analysis

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 3, 2018 19:01

Hairball
CaptainCorella
Hairball
His Majesty
Hairball

Yeah, I think so too - but "overanalyzing" might be too strong of a term as it's just a simple conversation.
Corden also made some ill-timed jokes about Weinstein last year that caused a bit of a backlash in both America and Britain:

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 3, 2018 22:10

Looks like Macca will be performing in Quebec, Winnipeg, Montreal, and Edmonton in September. Those are only the first dates announced. Hopefully Vancouver and Seattle as well!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 5, 2018 18:01

DaveG
Looks like Macca will be performing in Quebec, Winnipeg, Montreal, and Edmonton in September. Those are only the first dates announced. Hopefully Vancouver and Seattle as well!
Looks like he's heading west, so a good chance of Seattle/Vancouver I'd say.
Saw him last at DT and looking forward to seeing him again.. hope he comes through the NW.

Date: July 6, 2018 22:59

Today in 1957, two guys named John Lennon and Paul McCartney met for the first time in Woolton, Liverpool, at the St. Peter's Church Parish festival where 16-year-old Lennon's skiffle band, The Quarrymen, were appearing.

Taking a few days to explore Liverpool-taking Beatles tour etc., was one of the most enjoyable stops in my mini- UK tour for the Stones shows.
Highly reccomend for those who've not been.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 8, 2018 02:07

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 8, 2018 03:28

potus43

Lol - you gotta admit potus that the recent clip of Paul back in Liverpool was very nice - that's if you watched it. thumbs up

Date: July 8, 2018 06:07

potus43

smiling smiley
Indeed it was, potus.
To go to England and see the places and meet people who were there when it all started, whether in the Liverpool or the Eel Pie Island area for the Stones, was very exciting indeed. Great exhibit at the Liverpool Museum on Lennon, that Yoko had helped curate, was another highlight. Never a huge Beatles fanatic, but even a casual fan would have to be impressed with the history that was made there.

The Corden bit with Paul was a real treat having just come from the very places they visit. Couldn't have missed that taping by much I bet, as it aired right when I got back. How cool would that club/pub taping have been?? Very.cool smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 13, 2018 17:34

A write-up on The Beatles in the studio.

[sonicscoop.com]

Posted by: dave9199 ()
Date: July 14, 2018 17:26

I've re-uploaded my book for any who missed it.

Band On The Run: The Beatles in the 1970's - An Alternate Timeline

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 15, 2018 01:10

Yellow Submarine - Turntable:

[www.Project-Audio.com]

Posted by: dave9199 ()
Date: July 17, 2018 14:51

Made an edit in the book. Here's the new link:

[www.sendspace.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 18, 2018 21:03

For those who are or will be in London next week, this may be VERY interesting:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 19, 2018 16:08

Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

You have to post a short video of yourself Cristiano. Not sure I fancy that! I'm not on twitter. A lot of posters just left messages and not videos. If it's a small club show it will be amazing for those present. It's one of those 1 chance in a thousand things for those who enter.

Date: July 19, 2018 22:30

grzegorz67
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

You have to post a short video of yourself Cristiano. Not sure I fancy that! I'm not on twitter. A lot of posters just left messages and not videos. If it's a small club show it will be amazing for those present. It's one of those 1 chance in a thousand things for those who enter.

I'm not sure either. grinning smiley

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: August 13, 2018 04:18

For those of you who have been to Liverpool, what Beatles tour would you recommend? I’m planning a trip for late September and would love to know what tour is best/most comprehensive. Thanks...

Date: August 13, 2018 05:23

Bobbyb98
For those of you who have been to Liverpool, what Beatles tour would you recommend? I’m planning a trip for late September and would love to know what tour is best/most comprehensive. Thanks...

I would highly recommend "The Magical Mystery Tour".
Owned by the same people who own The Cavern Club (where the tour ends) I found it to be really enjoyable and good value (£18.95 for about two hours). Hits all the sights with great commentary (tour guide literally sneak-pouring from a flask into his water bottle may have helped cool smiley ) To be honest didn't research many options as this one worked well for me.
[www.cavernclub.org]

If still there, and I think it is, there is a great exhibit on Lennon at the Liverpool Museum called Double Fantasy.. curated in part by Yoko with lots of fantastic memorabilia and media, well worth the visit (free/donation).

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 14, 2018 22:11

Peekaboo...

[www.instagram.com]

Date: August 14, 2018 23:06

Previously lost Beatles footage from 1964 has been found

By: Steve Marinucci AXS Contributor
Aug 13, 2018

Twelve minutes of Beatles footage from the UK television show “Thank Your Lucky Stars” thought to have been missing was recently rediscovered, according to Chris Perry of Kaleidoscope Productions. The British firm specializes in programs exploring the heritage of British television programs and which announced the find last week.

“The footage found in the studio taping session for The Beatles appearance on the Nov. 21, 1964 episode of 'Thank Your Lucky Stars'; which was renamed 'Lucky Stars Special' for this special episode that featured The Beatles,” Perry told AXS.com Aug. 13. “This taping session includes Brian Matthew, the host clowning with The Beatles for two introductory segments, and then The Beatles mime to four songs – 'She’s A Woman,' 'I Feel Fine,' 'I’m A Loser,' and 'Rock And Roll Music.'”

Perry posted on Kaleidoscope's Facebook page, “So Kaleidoscope has always assumed that the music is all that exists. Apple has never revealed if more existed but some years ago there was a brief moment of Brian shown introducing Sounds Incorporated which suggested that more of the show might exist. Enquiries within Apple recently revealed that they thought more footage existed as well but they didn’t know exactly how much. Kaleidoscope was very surprised, therefore, to recently run a DVC Pro tape sent from the USA and discover it contained the studio recording for this 1964 TYLS show. There are the ABC time-clocks for separate studio sessions and the Beatles are fooling around in the studio with Brian.”

According to The Beatles Film & TV Chronicle by Jorg Piper and Volker Path, a short excerpt from the show was included in The Beatles Anthology TV series. Perry says the segments were shot on videotape and the quality of the footage was “very good.”

Kaleidoscope has uncovered other lost Beatles appearances as well, he said. “Our previous finds regarding The Beatles include the audio from their BBC-TV appearance on 'Pops and Lenny' from May 16, 1963, as well as complete shows from the 'Pop Go the Beatles' radio series, including the very first episode. The 'Pops and Lenny' is most interesting as it contains a unique 70-second-long live performance of 'Please Please Me.'"

Another recent Kaleidoscope find was a 1963 TV appearance by the comedy group Morecombe & Wise, who also appeared with the Beatles on the comic duo's own TV show in 1963 and “The Ed Sullivan Show” on Feb. 23, 1964. This clip, however, didn't feature The Beatles. Perry described the Morecombe & Wise footage as “a public information film from 1963 regarding drunk driving, and is not from a television appearance.”

In 2016, Kaleidoscope reported over 100 discoveries of lost footage, including a complete 1961 episode of The Avengers TV series titled Tunnel of Fear with Patrick Macnee and Ian Hendry. The episode was made before either Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg joined the show.

[www.axs.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 14, 2018 23:07

They are not recording together are they?

OT: Sons of The Beatles..
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 15, 2018 19:06

Eerie similarities?

Re: OT: Sons of The Beatles..
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 15, 2018 19:43

Yes!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 15, 2018 19:50

Stoneage

Eerie similarities?

Even more if Sean wears a round Nickel eyeglass and James plays Guitar left-handed .... winking smiley

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: August 15, 2018 20:16

So now they simply must convene with Dhani and Zak.

Date: August 15, 2018 20:34

I can see them doing an album of Beatles covers for children.
All Together Now, Yellow Submarine, Fool on the Hill, Good Day Sunshine, maybe Maxwell Silver Hammer...
Other than that, don't think either of them have even a fraction of the talent of their dad's.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 21:12

That's kinda creepy.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 15, 2018 22:57

Hairball
I can see them doing an album of Beatles covers for children.
All Together Now, Yellow Submarine, Fool on the Hill, Good Day Sunshine, maybe Maxwell Silver Hammer...
Other than that, don't think either of them have even a fraction of the talent of their dad's.

i agree HB but in fairness its different times, and theirs was a very high level to come up to..

thinking on this, not many sons or daughters have been able to match up with their parents' work

possibly Zak Starkey has..

other sons/ daughters? Lukas Nelson..Jason Bonham...possibly Amy Helm..

different situation, but Norah Jones also comes to mind..

Im sure Im forgetting others.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...119120121122123124125126127128129...LastNext
Current Page: 124 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home