Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...109110111112113114115116117118119...LastNext
Current Page: 114 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 11, 2018 11:16

RollingFreak
Yeah, as I said, I don't see any of it as "controversial" as many have claimed, but that key part of "I'll play whatever you want, or I won't play at all...whatever it is that will please you, I'll do it". While its incredibly interesting to watch, I do feel like we're also not supposed to be there, and certainly that they shared that opinion later in life. Its cool to be the fly on the wall, but its also at a time when maybe there shouldn't have been. Its not like anyone punched anyone, but it certainly paints certain people in poor lights, but thats just how it is being in the studio, working on a film set, etc. Its a high pressure environment, and you need that to create a good product, but you don't necessarily need it on film for everyone to see. For that reason, I don't see it coming out, but maybe I'm wrong. I like the idea of being in the studio with them. I think that was the wrong album to do it on, and when you watch it its not "bad" or "embarrassing" but I do feel there's a sense of "I shouldn't be here. This is their thing that only truly makes sense to them." Its not really sessions meant for our entertainment, which is why I see why its been held back.

None of which is a case for not releasing the Rooftop concert which WAS intended to be experienced by others!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 11, 2018 17:10

Yes the rooftop is fantastic. Only guess I can make is that there hasn't really been a proper outlet to JUST release the rooftop portion which is, what, 20 or 30 minutes at most? I would understand releasing the full movie with that full show as a bonus. But just the show? You wouldn't really just put that on TV, wouldn't really release it as a stand alone thing. I agree its great, but would understand the dilemma if they just don't know how to only release that. I mean I'd still love to see Shea Stadium come out at some point in full, but again I'd understand if its just a slightly off time release. But who knows, I'm just speculating. I understand why Let It Be has never seen the light of day though and could understand why it continues to be the case.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:10

Saw a George Harrison interview, post Beatles RNRHOF induction, and he's just one little whiny grump!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:54

They could put the 4K version of Shea and the rooftop concert on the same Blu-ray. I would go crazy for that.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 11, 2018 20:30

They could stretch the rooftop performance into a documentary including interviews (both old and new) on the who, what, why, when, and where, etc.
There's probably loads of interesting stuff leftover from the original filming leading up to it and the aftermath.

By the way, since I haven't seen it in awhile...where was Yoko during the rooftop performance? I don't recall her being up there in any of the footage.
At least she wasn't snuggled right up next to John!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 11, 2018 20:39

frankotero
For what it's worth I consider Plastic Ono Band to be the manifesto of life. That's how high regard I have for this LP. All Things Must Pass is also on par and nearly as powerful. The 2 best solo Beatle works for me. For my taste I love Paul's Ram, Band On The Run and then McCartney as his best. Poor Ringo hasn't really moved me as a solo artist but I love him just the same and he is an amazing drummer in my opinion. Even without massive and great long solos like john Bonham, Keith Moon and Neal Pert who I also hold in high esteem. Though I would have loved The Beatles to continue as The Stones maybe we're lucky they stopped where they did and left an unbeatable legacy. Again this is my opinion, though I'm also a huge Stones Fan!

It is THE solo album of the Beatles. Stands alone on top of everything.

Date: January 11, 2018 20:41

Hairball
By the way, since I haven't seen it in awhile...where was Yoko during the rooftop performance? I don't recall her being up there in any of the footage.

Oh she was there! As she always was of course. John's even wearing her coat!

Date: January 11, 2018 20:48

RollingFreak
Hairball

Ugh...there she is...I had a feeling she wouldn't be too far away, but again at least she wasn't snuggled right up next to John lending her vocals to the songs!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 11, 2018 22:33

Hairball
RollingFreak
Hairball

Ugh...there she is...I had a feeling she wouldn't be too far away, but again at least she wasn't snuggled right up next to John lending her vocals to the songs!

If you look good you can see that here mouth is taped.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 12, 2018 22:14

NICOS
Hairball
RollingFreak
Hairball

Is that John reading the lyric sheet?!

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 12, 2018 22:46

jlowe

Yes, for Dig a Pony.

Date: January 12, 2018 22:51

jlowe
NICOS
Hairball
RollingFreak
Hairball

They didn't have teleprompters on the roof grinning smiley .

Date: January 13, 2018 00:30

RollingFreak
jlowe
NICOS
Hairball
RollingFreak
Hairball

Why didn't they do it in the road?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 13, 2018 01:02

CaptainCorella
RollingFreak
jlowe
NICOS
Hairball
RollingFreak
Hairball

Because nobody would be watching them.

Date: January 13, 2018 01:20

Cristiano Radtke
CaptainCorella
RollingFreak
jlowe
NICOS
Hairball
RollingFreak
Hairball

Because nobody would be watching them.

Although if it was today, everyone could be watching them. smiling smiley

Abbey Road Cam

Date: January 13, 2018 11:16

Hairball

Abbey Road Cam

Tests over many years have proved that it's impossible in daylight hours in the UK to visit that webcam without within a few moments seeing someone posing/crossing on the Holy Site.

Not unusual at night either!

Actually, this is a better link to it...

[www.abbeyroad.com]

Greatest Webcam In The Galaxy.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-13 11:18 by CaptainCorella.

Date: January 13, 2018 18:10

CaptainCorella
Hairball

Abbey Road Cam

Tests over many years have proved that it's impossible in daylight hours in the UK to visit that webcam without within a few moments seeing someone posing/crossing on the Holy Site.

[www.abbeyroad.com]

And sometimes, some curious characters are caught on camera. grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 13, 2018 18:17

RollingFreak
jlowe

Cheap bastards!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 13, 2018 18:44

Here's a link to an interview with John Lennon from back in the day. If it's been posted before in this thread, excuse the re-post.

[bestclassicbands.com]

Date: January 15, 2018 17:12

New Digitally Remastered Version Of The Beatles’ ‘Yellow Submarine’ To Hit UK Cinemas
By Tim Peacock January 15, 2018

A new, digitally-remastered version of The Beatles’ classic animated movie Yellow Submarine is returning to cinemas for the first time since 1999. The new film is set to play in UK and Ireland cinemas via an event-style release on 8 July, 2018 to coincide with the 50th anniversary of its original release. Tickets are due to go on sale on Tuesday, 17 April.

Directed by George Dunning, and written by Lee Minoff, Al Brodax, Jack Mendelsohn and Erich Segal, Yellow Submarine began its voyage to the screen when Brodax, who had previously produced nearly 40 episodes of ABC’s animated Beatles TV series, approached The Beatles’ manager Brian Epstein with a unique vision for a full-length animated feature.

Yellow Submarine, based upon a song by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, is a fantastic tale brimming with peace, love, and hope, propelled by Beatles songs, including "Eleanor Rigby," "When I’m Sixty-Four," "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds," "All You Need Is Love," and "It’s All Too Much." When the film debuted in 1968, it was instantly recognised as a landmark achievement, revolutionising a genre by integrating the freestyle approach of the era with innovative animation techniques.

Inspired by the generation’s new trends in art, the film resides with the dazzling Pop Art styles of Andy Warhol, Martin Sharp, Alan Aldridge and Peter Blake. With art direction and production design by Heinz Edelmann, Yellow Submarine is a classic of animated cinema, featuring the creative work of animation directors Robert Balser and Jack Stokes with a team of animators and technical artists.

"I thought from the very beginning that the film should be a series of interconnected shorts" remembers Edelmann. "The style should vary every five minutes or so to keep the interest going until the end." These styles included melding live-action photography with animation, 3-dimensional sequences and kaleidoscopic "rotoscoping" where film is traced frame by frame into drawings. The entire process took nearly two years, 14 different scripts, 40 animators and 140 technical artists, ultimately producing a groundbreaking triumph of animation.

The Beatles performed the songs for the film but their cartoon characters are voiced by actors. The quartet does appear in the closing scene of the film, however. The restoration was supervised by Paul Rutan Jr. and a team including Chris Dusendschon, Rayan Raghuram and Randy Walker. The work was reportedly done by hand, a single frame at a time by 40 to 60 trained digital artists over several months.

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 15, 2018 17:18

Cristiano Radtke
CaptainCorella
Hairball

Abbey Road Cam

[www.abbeyroad.com]

And sometimes, some curious characters are caught on camera. grinning smiley

with this webcam position, them Beatles would have crossing right to left, correct?
'cause in the original pic, there's no crossroads/ side street(-s) in sight...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 15, 2018 18:10

RoughJusticeOnYa

with this webcam position, the Beatles would have crossing right to left, correct?

Yes, it's correct - see: Google StreetView .

Date: January 15, 2018 18:30

Nice: Abbey-Road-Studio's wall in June 2017 decorated with the 'Sgt. Pepper'-Album-Cover:

Google StreetView

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 17, 2018 18:20

Nice interview with McCartney re being a bass player. Some great insights on how Beatles tunes were done. Is there an interview like this with Bill Wyman?

[reverb.com]

Re: Beatles alternate timeline book
Posted by: dave9199 ()
Date: January 28, 2018 14:34

Irix
From the Book: "Band On The Run: The Beatles in the 1970's - an alternative Timeline" (p. 180) -- "The Green Album" :

A1 - All Things Must Pass (G. Harrison)
A2 - It Don’t Come Easy (R. Starkey)
A3 - Isn’t It A Pity (G. Harrison)
A4 - Maybe I’m Amazed (P. McCartney)
A5 - Instant Karma (J. Lennon)

B1 - Back Off Boogaloo (R. Starkey)
B2 - My Love (P. McCartney)
B3 - Jealous Guy (J. Lennon)
B4 - Living In The Material World (G. Harrison)
B5 - Imagine (J. Lennon)

C1 - Photograph (R. Starkey & G. Harrison)
C2 - Mind Games (J. Lennon)
C3 - Jet (P. McCartney)
C4 - Don't Let Me Wait Too Long (G. Harrison)
C5 - Band On The Run (P. McCartney)

D1 - Goodnight Vienna (R. Starkey & J. Lennon)
D2 - Helen Wheels (P. McCartney)
D3 - So Sad (G. Harrison)
D4 - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night (J. Lennon)
D5 - Junior's Farm (P. McCartney)

(Names = Performers)

How did you get the image in this thread? I was going to post more but can not figure it out.

Re: Beatles alternate timeline book
Date: January 28, 2018 16:55

dave9199

How did you get the image in this thread? I was going to post more but can not figure it out.

The picture itself is a Screenshot from the Book, cutted out with an Graphics Editor, uploaded for free via TinyPic.com, Picture-URL from there inserted here via the 'Insert image URL' button.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 28, 2018 17:20

Where do the colours come from? Why a Green one: because of John's and Paul's Irish origins? (I don't know about George and Ringo's confession).
Wasn't there talk about an Orange Album, too? If Green means Irish does Orange then mean the colour of the Royalists?!
I think Gazza could give the correct explanations about Green and Orange.

Date: January 28, 2018 18:32

I chose green because I like it but also I work in printing and one way of printing has the colors red, blue & green.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 28, 2018 21:22

The 'basic' colours are blue, red and yellow if I remember correctly. So, a yellow one is needed after they already had a white, a blue and red one.
White, red and blue (is there an 'order'?!) are the colours of the Union Jack flag. That's why I thought that the Greatest Hits records were in blue and red?! Or does somebody know the story behind that?
To add another Greatest Hits of the Beatles in an other colour might lead to chosing green as in British Racing Green (though it's darker than your green, Dave). Up till the 1960s all cars in Formula 1 were in their country's colour. The Ferrari red is one remnant of that or the McLarens going back to orange which was for New Zeeland (Bruce McLaren was from there). Since decades the Kawasaki works team in the Superbike motorcycle World Championship is based in Britain and still sports the green of GB.
Then having some lines in mind about an orange album I was making up that Anglo-Irish connection.

Date: January 28, 2018 21:27

With printing there are two color choices; red, blue & green, or cyan, yellow, magenta & black. The second set is the opposite color of the first set except for black. Written as RGB or CMYK.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...109110111112113114115116117118119...LastNext
Current Page: 114 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home