Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 13, 2017 21:41

Great, Irix! grinning smiley thumbs up

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 13, 2017 23:57

Blueranger
potus43
whitem8
Stop being a troll.

I do not attack people, you do. Please stop

If you don't want replies, then stop posting your endless stream of attacks on The Beatles. It's very very simple. Many of us on this board, wants a thread where we can discuss The Beatles. It's off-topic, yes, but 100% approved by the forum's owner, Bjornulf.

What we want here, is simply a thread were The Beatles' activities can be discussed. There are dosens of Stones-related thread's here, so a single Beatles-thread should be allowed for those who wants to discuss it.

And this leads to a certain point: You.
If you would like to discuss The Beatles in a polite manner, and why you don't like them, it would be fair. But obviously, it's not that way.
Instead, all you do is trolling this thread with endless negative attacks and responses on The Beatles. If asked to stop, because people find it annoying, then you are accusing posters for attacking you. Well, you can call it whatever you want, but it is very annoying that you won't stop, though you have been asked to many times over the years and in several polite ways. At one point the politeness stops, because it does obviously not sink in with you. Then people starts answering you in a negative way instead.

Very simply, stay away from the thread, if you don't have anything to say of value. You don't contribute to anything other than you get bad attention. If your goal is to get attention, then you have reached it now. Fine. Should we then move forwards, please?

You miss the point I am asking these haters to stop attacking me.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 14, 2017 00:03

It's like someone who hates beer, yet keeps going to the pub every day criticizing every beer that's available.
Or someone who hates Italian food, yet keeps going to Guido's Pizzeria to criticize all of the food on the menu.

It's kind of humerous when you think about it, but can't understand why anyone would keep doing it repeatedly.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 14, 2017 01:32

potus43
Blueranger
potus43
whitem8
Stop being a troll.

I do not attack people, you do. Please stop

If you don't want replies, then stop posting your endless stream of attacks on The Beatles. It's very very simple. Many of us on this board, wants a thread where we can discuss The Beatles. It's off-topic, yes, but 100% approved by the forum's owner, Bjornulf.

What we want here, is simply a thread were The Beatles' activities can be discussed. There are dosens of Stones-related thread's here, so a single Beatles-thread should be allowed for those who wants to discuss it.

And this leads to a certain point: You.
If you would like to discuss The Beatles in a polite manner, and why you don't like them, it would be fair. But obviously, it's not that way.
Instead, all you do is trolling this thread with endless negative attacks and responses on The Beatles. If asked to stop, because people find it annoying, then you are accusing posters for attacking you. Well, you can call it whatever you want, but it is very annoying that you won't stop, though you have been asked to many times over the years and in several polite ways. At one point the politeness stops, because it does obviously not sink in with you. Then people starts answering you in a negative way instead.

Very simply, stay away from the thread, if you don't have anything to say of value. You don't contribute to anything other than you get bad attention. If your goal is to get attention, then you have reached it now. Fine. Should we then move forwards, please?

You miss the point I am asking these haters to stop attacking me.

Missed the point?????....You missed my point to leave out Beatles threads on IORR so we can live in peace.....if you will give peace a change....

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 14, 2017 03:43

I do not understand why you keep attacking me! Please!!!!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: August 14, 2017 04:32

potus43
I do not understand why you keep attacking me! Please!!!!

I'll not "attack" you, but give you some affectionate counselling. smileys with beer

This topic is IORR's nod in the direction of The Beatles. It's an unavoidable fact that they were the great contemporaries of The Rolling Stones (and the band members were, and are, good friends) and still have a big following around the world.

You don't like them. That's totally fine. We all know that. No problems. Live and let live and allow Stones fans who appreciate The Beatles to post here - in a well defined topic.

We know your opinion. If you stay out of this Topic, then no-one will attack you.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 14, 2017 07:15

Bass Guitar Magazine -- Issue 144 -- June 2017

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 14, 2017 10:49

Paul McCartney is probably the one in the 60 's which could play unbelievably good bass with great melodic imagination while he in the same time was one of the absolute best singer.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: August 14, 2017 21:48

The sad thing about mickscarey's anti-Beatles trolling on this forum is that he's been at it for many years now. Probably at least 10 years? He's got nothing better to do with his time?

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: August 15, 2017 16:39

hopkins
GasLightStreet
I listened to Everybody's Got Something To Hide But Me And My Monkey the other day and came to the conclusion that no band has ever done something so goofily bizarre and interesting until...

Queens Of The Stone Age.
That's a superb & brilliant track. When Lennon was on it and engage...And fully awake like that, its really on it's own level, in his own rarified original thing, even amidst a lot of stuff he himself desifnated cringe worthy. Info.

God i wish someone would ban the word Brilliant from music boards. It lost all meaning long ago.

But since you think that song is brilliant could you tell us how many brilliant songs the are on the White Album. Personally I would think that song is about as average as it can get. I think that is one of those songs where is anyone else did it, it would be considered average to crap. That is one of those songs where the Beatles get the benefit of the doubt.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 15, 2017 16:53

stanlove
Personally I would think that song is about as average as it can get. I think that is one of those songs where is anyone else did it, it would be considered average to crap. That is one of those songs where the Beatles get the benefit of the doubt.

It's brilliant for me because of the vocals, the guitars, the bass, the drums, the individual and combined sounds and how it loosely hangs together to form this slightly odd ball piece of joyous music.

smiling bouncing smiley

Date: August 15, 2017 17:50

His Majesty
stanlove
Personally I would think that song is about as average as it can get. I think that is one of those songs where is anyone else did it, it would be considered average to crap. That is one of those songs where the Beatles get the benefit of the doubt.

It's brilliant for me because of the vocals, the guitars, the bass, the drums, the individual and combined sounds and how it loosely hangs together to form this slightly odd ball piece of joyous music.

smiling bouncing smiley

How many Brilliant songs are on the White Album?

Date: August 15, 2017 18:06

stanlove

Date: August 15, 2017 18:40

His Majesty
stanlove

Many people ( Brits ) call everything Brilliant.The word has no meaning anymore.

Date: August 15, 2017 18:41

stanlove

Many people ( Brits ) call everything Brilliant.The word has no meaning anymore.

I'm not feeling the love stan.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 15, 2017 19:29

His Majesty
stanlove

I'm not feeling the love stan.

Brilliant! grinning smileywinking smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 15, 2017 19:34

I think probably only the guitars, bass, drums, vocals, song writing, presentation,and spirit are brilliant. Like the cover and art~direction too. I hate "awesome" but that too. Imo.

Date: August 15, 2017 19:59

Deltics

Brilliant! grinning smileywinking smiley

Hah!! grinning smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 15, 2017 20:17

So, Mr. "done deal" mickscarey, etc., potus43 is also stanlove?

Date: August 15, 2017 20:19

stonehearted
So, Mr. "done deal" mickscarey, etc., potus43 is also stanlove?

Where have I ever knocked the Beatles. I am looking for examples of Beatles songs that are not brilliant.

Date: August 15, 2017 20:39

It's not The Beatles, but there's a whole lot of brilliance in this: [www.youtube.com]

Date: August 15, 2017 22:25

stanlove
I am looking for examples of Beatles songs that are not brilliant.
Then you needn't look at all, because they are wherever you find them.

Music appreciation is a subjective experience.

It's like saying that a woman is beautiful.

But you could never get everyone to agree, because it's in the eye of the beholder.

Most people learn this before they have matured beyond adolescence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-15 22:34 by stonehearted.

Date: August 15, 2017 22:52

stonehearted
stanlove

But you could never get everyone to agree, because it's in the eye of the beholder.

The topic is the overuse of the word brilliant. Some people ( Brits ) use the word to describe most everything. Because of this the word no longer has meaning, If everything is Brilliant then nothing is really brilliant.

Again looking for a some Beatles songs that people with a fetish for the word brilliant do not think are brilliant. I have seen nothing yet

Date: August 15, 2017 23:05

What are you parping on about!? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[en.oxforddictionaries.com]

The world needs more brilliant. smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 15, 2017 23:08

stanlove
stonehearted
stanlove

The topic is the overuse of the word brilliant. Some people ( Brits ) use the word to describe most everything. Because of this the word no longer has meaning, If everything is Brilliant then nothing is really brilliant.

Again looking for a some Beatles songs that people with a fetish for the word brilliant do not think are brilliant. I have seen nothing yet

Yes, the word "brilliant" may be overused sometimes when we're talking about the Beatles. Perhaps we should start using "masterpiece" or "exceptional".

Date: August 15, 2017 23:27

stanlove

That's the craziest thing I ever heard/read.

Only people who drink Pabst Blue Ribbon think like that.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 15, 2017 23:58

stonehearted
stanlove

That's the craziest thing I ever heard/read.

Only people who drink Pabst Blue Ribbon think like that.

Brilliant reply stonehearted. winking smileythumbs up

Evidently the use of the word "brilliant" is a pet peeve of stanlove - I recall some moaning about this in the past.

Cristiano Radtke
Yes, the word "brilliant" may be overused sometimes when we're talking about the Beatles. Perhaps we should start using "masterpiece" or "exceptional".

Or maybe we should just stick to FAB! grinning smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 16, 2017 00:06

[www.youtube.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: August 16, 2017 00:13

His Majesty
What are you parping on about!? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[en.oxforddictionaries.com]

The world needs more brilliant. smoking smiley

It doesn't need more overuse of the word.

Date: August 16, 2017 00:16

stanlove

It doesn't need more overuse of the word.

Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant,
Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant response.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home