Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...101102103104105106107108109110111...LastNext
Current Page: 106 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 4, 2017 00:34

stonehearted
potus43
Huh?
Can't wait till you start a thread. Whatever topic you choose, it will be spray painted with Beatles.

grinning smiley thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 4, 2017 08:21

The Beatles' Apple Corps wins copyright-infringement lawsuit over 1965 Shea Stadium concert footage

Beatles

The Beatles' holding company has emerged victorious in a lawsuit launched last year by a company founded by Sid Bernstein, the late promoter of the band's famous August 1965 concert at Shea Stadium in New York, over ownership of footage from that show, ABC News has confirmed.

Sid Bernstein Presents, claimed Bernstein -- who died in 2013 at age 95 -- was the producer of the original 1966 film that featured the footage, and that Apple Corps Ltd., the band’s holding company, had infringed on its copyright when it allowed it to be used in the 2016 documentary "Eight Days a Week -- The Touring Years."

Apple Corps manages the rights to the Beatles’ work and is controlled by Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and the estates of John Lennon and George Harrison.

A New York judge dismissed the suit on Wednesday, saying that no matter how much the late Bernstein may have been responsible for the concert taking place, the company has no claim to the master tapes.

The judge said the contract signed in 1965 “reserves no rights whatsoever for Bernstein in any filming or recording of the concert.”

In its original motion to have the lawsuit dismissed, lawyers for Apple Corps and Subafilms Limited -- the company that was granted a copyright on the footage in 1988 -- claimed Bernstein had no creative control over, nor input into, the filming of the show or the production of the 1966 movie, "The Beatles at Shea Stadium."

In addition, a legal memo filed with the court says the contract between Bernstein and Apple Corps' predecessor company, Nems Enterprises, granted Nems the sole right to film the show and to any receipts from the movie.

Bernstein's company had argued that, "[w]ithout Sid, the mastermind of the event, this film would never have been made."

The judge refuted the company's claims on multiple grounds, including a preexisting contract with Nems Enterprises, as well as statute of limitations issues.

An attorney for Sid Bernstein Presents said he believes there may be grounds for an appeal, but the company has not announced any further legal action at this time.

The Beatles at Shea Stadium

The Beatles at Shea Stadium is a fifty-minute-long documentary of The Beatles' August 15, 1965, concert at Shea Stadium in New York City, the highlight of the group's 1965 tour. Wikipedia
Initial release: August 2, 1966 (West Germany)
Producer: Bob Precht
Cinematography: Andrew Laszlo
Editors: Sidney Katz, Arline Carson

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 4, 2017 10:01

Cristiano Radtke
stonehearted
potus43
Huh?
Can't wait till you start a thread. Whatever topic you choose, it will be spray painted with Beatles.

grinning smiley thumbs up

ah don't be stalkin' the Pote. He's one of a kind here. smiling smiley
hazha; love him and HMS the most I think. They know where they're at for sure. gotta hand it to 'em. DW not my fave but he's brought me back to Had It With You. hey hey.
Love the Beats couldn't disagree more. but his fervent consistency and tude!
sterling.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 4, 2017 17:30

Blueranger
MrMibbs
Svartmer
potus43
Huh?

Are you completely stupid? There is one thread about the Beatles on this forum and if you despise them, why read it?
Can't he not like the beetels? Isn't this a Stones forum? Rock on Mr.Potus

When you start to sign in under different aliases to back yourself up, you have really lost it. MrMibbs and potus43 is the same person. How many different names have you got, you sad person?
Actually you are quite mistaken. Mr Mibbs attacks me all the time for God only knows what reason

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: August 4, 2017 20:36

potus43
Blueranger
MrMibbs
Svartmer
potus43
Huh?

Are you completely stupid? There is one thread about the Beatles on this forum and if you despise them, why read it?
Can't he not like the beetels? Isn't this a Stones forum? Rock on Mr.Potus

When you start to sign in under different aliases to back yourself up, you have really lost it. MrMibbs and potus43 is the same person. How many different names have you got, you sad person?
Actually you are quite mistaken. Mr Mibbs attacks me all the time for God only knows what reason
Potus is speaking the truth, I agree with him for once and you rip me.

Date: August 4, 2017 21:59

Plus he is clearly a troll

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 4, 2017 22:02

potus43
Plus he is clearly a troll

As they say, it takes one to know one.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: August 4, 2017 22:03

right, you clearly are one too!

angry smiley

Date: August 4, 2017 22:42

potus43

angry smiley

Good ol' michaelsavage/mickscarey/potus43: I liked your "MSG is their home-schtick" better..

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 4, 2017 23:42

DandelionPowderman
potus43

angry smiley

Good ol' michaelsavage/mickscarey/potus43: I liked your "MSG is their home-schtick" better..

It's a done deal! grinning smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-04 23:42 by Deltics.

Date: August 5, 2017 04:40

DandelionPowderman
potus43

angry smiley

........ I hadn't heard that one. Kind of in a lot of ways. I guess you had to be there. It made a huge difference in their career when they needed it most.it was absolutely the premier place to try to pull something like that off and make news all over the universe. The fans were expectant. They were listening. They were also family and unbounding love. There is no way in hell the worldwide price did not reflect that. They paid particular attention to the New York Press and National media from there. And that's where they would later do brown sugar on a truck in the street. But in more seminal essential revolutionary concerts,the city embrace them, more than even beatlemania in many ways.there was no Invasion until it landed in New York City. The fans there are earthy wonderful sweet and cool. We made them feel it. And they did.

Date: August 5, 2017 16:48

Deltics
DandelionPowderman
potus43

angry smiley

typical troll

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 5, 2017 19:06

Deltics
DandelionPowderman
potus43

angry smiley

HOLY CRAP!

Now all that's missing is JumpinJackOLantern or MightyStonesRolling or whatever those dingdong names were...

Date: August 5, 2017 19:08

I listened to Everybody's Got Something To Hide But Me And My Monkey the other day and came to the conclusion that no band has ever done something so goofily bizarre and interesting until...

Queens Of The Stone Age.

Date: August 5, 2017 19:17

GasLightStreet
Deltics
DandelionPowderman
potus43

angry smiley

HOLY CRAP!

Now all that's missing is JumpinJackOLantern or MightyStonesRolling or whatever those dingdong names were...
troll

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 5, 2017 20:42

That is so funny potus. You are the ultimate troll on Beatle threads. We get it. You don't like them. Now why not post something with some thought and passion on a Stones thread. . . Oh yeah that's right! You have no thoughts or passion! Other than the DONE DEAL. You're a laughing stock.

Date: August 5, 2017 21:16

GasLightStreet
I listened to Everybody's Got Something To Hide But Me And My Monkey the other day and came to the conclusion that no band has ever done something so goofily bizarre and interesting until...

Queens Of The Stone Age.
That's a superb & brilliant track. When Lennon was on it and engage...And fully awake like that, its really on it's own level, in his own rarified original thing, even amidst a lot of stuff he himself desifnated cringe worthy. Info.

Date: August 6, 2017 17:54

potus43
GasLightStreet
Deltics
DandelionPowderman
potus43

angry smiley

HOLY CRAP!

troll

Yer right - JumpinJackOLantern or MightyStonesRolling or whatever that dingdong's names were was a troll.

Date: August 6, 2017 18:35

GasLightStreet

Queens Of The Stone Age.

GLS, now I am wondering: which QOTSA track.
IAW on that Beatles song; just a wild one. There's actually a good many Beatles tracks, where sometimes I step back and go What the F?

Date: August 6, 2017 20:03

Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet

Queens Of The Stone Age.

GLS, now I am wondering: which QOTSA track.
IAW on that Beatles song; just a wild one. There's actually a good many Beatles tracks, where sometimes I step back and go What the F?

Oh of course. But that one struck me the most. I love Christmas Time Is Here Again and You Know My Name..., although Xmas Time isn't really bizarre, it's just silly. Great little groove really. And some others, of course.

There wasn't one song in particular of QOTSA since they excel in off kilterness but I was thinking along the lines of I'm Designer, Turnin' On The Screw - songs of that nature that have the essence of that kind of weirdness The Beatles did - although no way is it the same.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 10, 2017 21:28

Ringo Starr Talks New LP, Future Deluxe Beatles Albums, Paul McCartney

"I hope they do the White Album and 'Abbey Road,'" he says.

Beatles

For his 19th solo album, Ringo Starr planned to record his first country album since 1970's Beaucoups of Blues. But when his touring schedule made an extended trip to Nashville impossible, Ringo decided to simply work in his living room, inviting old friends like Peter Frampton, Dave Stewart, his brother-in-law Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney to collaborate. "It ended up like a regular Ringo album with a ballad, a country song, a rock song," says the drummer, whose new album, Give More Love, is out September 15th. "It's always very casual. With Pro Tools, you don't need all that space like we had in Abbey Road. Sometimes the dog will bark, and it ends up on the track." Ringo, 77, is approaching his 30th year leading his All-Starr Band, whose long-running lineup includes Steve Lukather (Toto), Gregg Rolie (Journey, Santana), Richard Page (Mr. Mister) and Todd Rundgren. The band's fall tour includes a Las Vegas residency in October.

How did Paul wind up taking part in sessions for the new album?

Well, I just called him up and said,"I got this song called 'Show Me the Way,' and I want you to play on it." Because he is a really good friend of mine, he said he'd come to L.A. for it. It's about [my wife] Barbara. She shows me the way. I wanted it to be very personal. While he was there, he also played on "We're on the Road Again." That was very kind of him.

You two still sound great together.

He's an incredible musician. He's incredible at singing too and as a writer, but for me, as a bass player, he is the finest and the most melodic. It's always fun when we're playing together. I've played on several of his records, mainly in the Nineties. People keep saying, "Oh, it’s been so long." It's not been that long. We did the Grammys, we did that Beat­les show three years ago. So we are still pals, but we don't live in each other's pocket.

There are a couple of country songs on the album that remind me of Beaucoups of Blues. What are your memories of that time in your life?

I went down to Nashville and we did it in two days. I did it because Pete Drake came to England to play [pedal steel] on George's record [All Things Must Pass] and I was playing [drums] on it. I sent my car to get him and he noticed I had a lot of country tapes. He was talking to me about coming to Nashville to make a record and he'll produce it. I was thinking I didn't want to spend months in Nashville. He said "What are you talking about? Nashville Skyline took two days." So I went to Nashville and I got there on Monday, we did the record Tuesday, Wednesday, and I left Thursday. And that's how we did it! Five songs a day!

On "Electricity," you give a shout-out to Johnny Guitar, from your pre-Beatles band Rory Storm and the Hurricanes.

When I changed my name to Ringo, he changed his to Johnny Guitar. I had left [my job at] the factory, and this was the first real job as a musician. I have great memories of being in that band. If you look back at my recent solo records, there's always some mention of Rory and the Hurricanes in it. I don't wanna write the book – I write it in songs. If you want to read my book, you'll have to buy 15 CDs and put it all together.

On your new song "Laughable," which you co-wrote with Peter Frampton, you sing "It would laughable if it weren't so sad." I presume you're talking about Trump?

Well you know I'm not political. Peter Frampton added that line. We had discussions where he wanted the words to be more political. And I was against that, and it's my record so you know what that's what I do. I direct it. But I felt we still said the same things and it's understood that it would be laughable if it wasn't so said. But no I'm not gonna mention people and parties because I feel like we can do this in a much better way.

Your drums sound louder than ever on the new Sgt. Pepper box set.

They are! Giles [Martin, son of George Martin] has turned me up. I love it! We couldn't do that in the Sixties. If anything, when we were mastering, we were taking off the bottom all the time, and the bottom was my bass drum. You should go to the Love show [in Las Vegas]. It's like drum boogie. It's so far-out.

What role did you take in putting together the Sgt. Pepper set?

Giles remastered it, they sent it to me, and I said I loved it. There's another bonus CD with different bits – the big piano that we all played for that one chord [on "A Day in the Life"]. That is so interesting, even for me, who's on the damn thing. I just love it. It’s a bit like the Eight Days a Week [documentary] that Ron Howard did. I was so moved emotionally by looking at that, and I'm in it, for God's sake.

It was interesting to see a Beatles film that focused only on your touring career.

It just showed us as four lads. We were always being ordered to play stadiums since we couldn't play regular gigs. We stopped touring because we all felt we weren't playing that well. I couldn't hear what the other three were doing. I'd have to look at their actions and go, "Oh, yeah, we went into that part now." Then we split up, of course. But I think [touring] is part of the four of us – that's what we always liked to do.

Are you going to release deluxe editions of the other albums?

I hope they do the White Album and Abbey Road.

How about Revolver and Rubber Soul?

I don't know. Let's say yes! [Laughs] If we don't, forgive me.

You're heading out with the All-Starr Band this fall. Do you still want to be doing this in three years when you enter your eighties?

Yeah, I love it. It's what I do. As long as I can hold the sticks, we can go for a long time.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 10, 2017 21:44

Hairball
Ringo Starr Talks New LP, Future Deluxe Beatles Albums, Paul McCartney

Beatles

Are you going to release deluxe editions of the other albums?

I hope they do the White Album and Abbey Road.

Yes, please!

Nice interview Hairball, thanks for sharing. smileys with beer

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 11, 2017 00:29

Thanks Hairball, a great read!

Good old Ringo...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: August 12, 2017 21:29

whitem8
That is so funny potus. You are the ultimate troll on Beatle threads. We get it. You don't like them. Now why not post something with some thought and passion on a Stones thread. . . Oh yeah that's right! You have no thoughts or passion! Other than the DONE DEAL. You're a laughing stock.

Please stop attacking me.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 12, 2017 22:20

Stay out any Beatles discussion and the problem is solved.......we all know you don't like them so why repeating over and over.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 13, 2017 01:42

Stop being a troll.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: August 13, 2017 04:25

GasLightStreet

Queens Of The Stone Age.
Sounds like you've never heard of Ween....

Date: August 13, 2017 19:05

whitem8
Stop being a troll.

I do not attack people, you do. Please stop

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: August 13, 2017 19:44

potus43
whitem8
Stop being a troll.

I do not attack people, you do. Please stop

If you don't want replies, then stop posting your endless stream of attacks on The Beatles. It's very very simple. Many of us on this board, wants a thread where we can discuss The Beatles. It's off-topic, yes, but 100% approved by the forum's owner, Bjornulf.

What we want here, is simply a thread were The Beatles' activities can be discussed. There are dosens of Stones-related thread's here, so a single Beatles-thread should be allowed for those who wants to discuss it.

And this leads to a certain point: You.
If you would like to discuss The Beatles in a polite manner, and why you don't like them, it would be fair. But obviously, it's not that way.
Instead, all you do is trolling this thread with endless negative attacks and responses on The Beatles. If asked to stop, because people find it annoying, then you are accusing posters for attacking you. Well, you can call it whatever you want, but it is very annoying that you won't stop, though you have been asked to many times over the years and in several polite ways. At one point the politeness stops, because it does obviously not sink in with you. Then people starts answering you in a negative way instead.

Very simply, stay away from the thread, if you don't have anything to say of value. You don't contribute to anything other than you get bad attention. If your goal is to get attention, then you have reached it now. Fine. Should we then move forwards, please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-13 20:56 by Blueranger.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 13, 2017 21:40

Caption: "The fans getting older - the conflict remains"

Cartoon by Austrian caricaturist Gerhard Haderer. Very large version of this cartoon.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...101102103104105106107108109110111...LastNext
Current Page: 106 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home