Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 20, 2017 17:28

dmay
Nice read about John Lennon after the Beatles.

[gothamist.com]

Excellent read, thanks for sharing! thumbs up

The second part is just as good as this one. [gothamist.com]

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 20, 2017 18:03

Interesting to see Jordan quoted as referring to the Beatles as "the greatest band of all time".

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 20, 2017 18:44

Cristiano Radtke
dmay
Nice read about John Lennon after the Beatles.

[gothamist.com]

Excellent read, thanks for sharing! thumbs up

The second part is just as good as this one. [gothamist.com]

Thanks. Really enjoyed reading this.

Reminded me of the story in HBO's The Defiant Ones where Jimmy Iovine talks about his experience working with Lennon in '74/'75.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 20, 2017 20:31

Nice reading. A little insight into working and knowing John Lennon. Very cool

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 24, 2017 07:09

John Lennon at his sarcastic brilliant best (joined by the other Fabs) interviewed by Kenny Everett
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 24, 2017 07:12

John Lennon reflects on the early songwriting days with Paul & how the songs became "format". 1980
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 29, 2017 16:50

"We’re On The Road Again", from Ringo's forthcoming album 'Give More Love'. Track features Paul McCartney - [www.youtube.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 30, 2017 01:07

Listened to the new Ringo tune lat night - nice guitar riff by Steve Lukather, but couldn't make it through the whole song.

I also read Paul has written and recorded a Trump themed song... I don't think I want to hear Paul getting overly political in the same way Mick recently has.

Date: July 30, 2017 05:50

Listening to Ringo's new single. haha; hackneyed; prettyh awful tune; i mean in that it is super generic and all that. haha, but it's like ten times better than Mick's new solo stuff. yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whooda thunk! ?? jeeeze....eye popping smiley

apparently he's 'on the road again' well; the gits are pretty good; haha don't know who's playing drums; does not sound el ringo...apparently eddie van halen on guitar haha. man it stinks but it's fun; i mean Ringo puts our a better single than Mick? yikes...you can hear the bass guitar....points right there....

george must be smiling in heaven; well alright richie...it ain't no 'talking bout boys yeah i mean boys' or the ace carl perkins stuff...but hey ho; go for it Ringo; whoa bass solo!! at the end...hell what a mess; pretthy good tho. lol

Date: July 30, 2017 05:52

Paul McCartney Names His Favorite Ringo Starr Songs
[www.youtube.com]

Ringo in the hof? epstein too i guess...well, haha Ringo in the hof.
pauls pretty cool here i think...Paul: "He's very famous." lol

Date: July 30, 2017 05:58

Ringo Starr: Bob Dylan Turned The Beatles On To Pot - CONAN (2012)
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 30, 2017 06:03

The Beatles Funny Moments
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 30, 2017 07:50

hopkins
Listening to Ringo's new single. haha; hackneyed; prettyh awful tune; i mean in that it is super generic and all that. haha, but it's like ten times better than Mick's new solo stuff. yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whooda thunk! ?? jeeeze....eye popping smiley

apparently he's 'on the road again' well; the gits are pretty good; haha don't know who's playing drums; does not sound el ringo...apparently eddie van halen on guitar haha. man it stinks but it's fun; i mean Ringo puts our a better single than Mick? yikes...you can hear the bass guitar....points right there....

george must be smiling in heaven; well alright richie...it ain't no 'talking bout boys yeah i mean boys' or the ace carl perkins stuff...but hey ho; go for it Ringo; whoa bass solo!! at the end...hell what a mess; pretthy good tho. lol

Peace and Love to Ringo! cool smiley

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 30, 2017 18:30

so tired

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 30, 2017 18:36

potus43
so tired
So tiresome.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: July 30, 2017 18:52

Huh?

Date: July 30, 2017 19:00

This is a nice documentary, but I think the BBC/PBS one was better. It would be great to have something similar included on the upcoming anniversary edition of Their Satanic Majesties Request, although it seems it's not on the plans.

An all-new Beatles documentary, It Was Fifty Years Ago Today! The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper & Beyond, is being released in the U.S. on September 8 on DVD, Blu-ray and VOD, by BFD distributed by The Orchard.

The film is director by Alan G. Parker, the director of Monty Python: Almost The Truth, Rebel Truce: The Story of The Clash, Never Mind the Sex Pistols, and Who Killed Nancy, among many others.

The film features rare archival footage unseen since the 1960s plus rare interviews with the Beatles’ original drummer Pete Best, John Lennon’s sister Julia Baird, Beatles’ manager Brian Epstein’s secretary Barbara O’Donnell, Beatles associate Tony Bramwell, Pattie Boyd’s sister Jenny Boyd, Beatles author Philip Norman, and more.

From the announcement: “It Was Fifty Years Ago Today! The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper & Beyond examines the year 1967, the year that would arguably be the most crucial in the band’s career, a year in which they stopped being the world’s number one touring band and instead became the world’s most innovative recording artists, pushing the boundaries of what could be achieved in the studio.

“A devoted Beatles fan since the age of nine, Parker explores this period by filming interviews with former employees, fellow musicians, family member and journalists, all of whom were there at the time. These stories are in turn supported by a vast array of impressive archival footage, much of it not seen since first transmission. The result is a detailed examination of why the band stopped touring, how the Sgt. Pepper album was conceived and its recording at EMI’s Abbey Road Studios, its lyrics, the creation of its sleeve and finally its release. All this is set against a background of the band’s changing relationship with their manager, and the tragedy of his death, the creation of Apple and the powerful influence of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.”

Says Parker: “We’re combining first-hand accounts of the events that allowed ‘Sgt. Pepper’ to happen with rare and unseen footage that we’ve forensically unearthed from mainstream archives and private collectors. The last days of touring…. the execution of the album…. and the aftermath that it left behind will, I hope, give the audience an intimate sense of the band, the time and the impact of this extraordinary album.”

[bestclassicbands.com]

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 30, 2017 20:38

potus43
Huh?

Are you completely stupid? There is one thread about the Beatles on this forum and if you despise them, why read it?

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: July 30, 2017 20:52

Svartmer

There is one thread about the Beatles on this forum and if you despise them, why read it?

Same type of thing could be said of the too many Stones whiner threads on this board.
Don't like the video? Dont watch it.
Don't like that Stones album, Don't listen to to it.
Don't like that Stones song? Don't listen to it... but...

But that is not how it goes... people (seemingly non-Stones fans, or past Stones fans, ex-fans... seems like a lot of long long ago ex-fans post here) they do watch and listen and then come here and type as fast as they can to whine bitch moan and complain about everything Stones.

So to say a person can not complain about some band that quit over 40 years ago, a band that has had no new music in 40 years, yet is still blathered about as if they are the greatest ever is silly.

The Beatles are long past being boring... same with U2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-30 20:56 by HankM.

Date: July 30, 2017 21:17

Cristiano Radtke
This is a nice documentary, but I think the BBC/PBS one was better. It would be great to have something similar included on the upcoming anniversary edition of Their Satanic Majesties Request, although it seems it's not on the plans.

An all-new Beatles documentary, It Was Fifty Years Ago Today! The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper & Beyond, is being released in the U.S. on September 8 on DVD, Blu-ray and VOD, by BFD distributed by The Orchard.

The film is director by Alan G. Parker, the director of Monty Python: Almost The Truth, Rebel Truce: The Story of The Clash, Never Mind the Sex Pistols, and Who Killed Nancy, among many others.

The film features rare archival footage unseen since the 1960s plus rare interviews with the Beatles’ original drummer Pete Best, John Lennon’s sister Julia Baird, Beatles’ manager Brian Epstein’s secretary Barbara O’Donnell, Beatles associate Tony Bramwell, Pattie Boyd’s sister Jenny Boyd, Beatles author Philip Norman, and more.

From the announcement: “It Was Fifty Years Ago Today! The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper & Beyond examines the year 1967, the year that would arguably be the most crucial in the band’s career, a year in which they stopped being the world’s number one touring band and instead became the world’s most innovative recording artists, pushing the boundaries of what could be achieved in the studio.

“A devoted Beatles fan since the age of nine, Parker explores this period by filming interviews with former employees, fellow musicians, family member and journalists, all of whom were there at the time. These stories are in turn supported by a vast array of impressive archival footage, much of it not seen since first transmission. The result is a detailed examination of why the band stopped touring, how the Sgt. Pepper album was conceived and its recording at EMI’s Abbey Road Studios, its lyrics, the creation of its sleeve and finally its release. All this is set against a background of the band’s changing relationship with their manager, and the tragedy of his death, the creation of Apple and the powerful influence of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.”

Says Parker: “We’re combining first-hand accounts of the events that allowed ‘Sgt. Pepper’ to happen with rare and unseen footage that we’ve forensically unearthed from mainstream archives and private collectors. The last days of touring…. the execution of the album…. and the aftermath that it left behind will, I hope, give the audience an intimate sense of the band, the time and the impact of this extraordinary album.”

[bestclassicbands.com]

Thanks for the heads up Cristiano.
For one reason or another, I missed the BBC/PBS documentary even though I remember reading and posting about it prior to airing....it kind of slipped under my radar.
Is it available to view anywhere?

Date: July 30, 2017 21:26

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke

[bestclassicbands.com]

Thanks for the heads up Cristiano.
For one reason or another, I missed the BBC/PBS documentary even though I remember reading and posting about it prior to airing....it kind of slipped under my radar.
Is it available to view anywhere?

It seems there's only a trailer clip on the PBS website, and the video is no longer available at the BBC website. There's a video on Dailymotion with portuguese subtitles, though.

EDIT: Here's a version without subtitles, also on Dailymotion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-30 21:32 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: July 30, 2017 21:31

Thanks Cristiano - the Dailymotion video will do the trick! thumbs up

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: July 31, 2017 02:45

Svartmer
potus43
Huh?

Are you completely stupid? There is one thread about the Beatles on this forum and if you despise them, why read it?
Can't he not like the beetels? Isn't this a Stones forum? Rock on Mr.Potus

Date: July 31, 2017 05:53

HankM
Svartmer

There is one thread about the Beatles on this forum and if you despise them, why read it?

Same type of thing could be said of the too many Stones whiner threads on this board.
Don't like the video? Dont watch it.
Don't like that Stones album, Don't listen to to it.
Don't like that Stones song? Don't listen to it... but...

But that is not how it goes... people (seemingly non-Stones fans, or past Stones fans, ex-fans... seems like a lot of long long ago ex-fans post here) they do watch and listen and then come here and type as fast as they can to whine bitch moan and complain about everything Stones.

So to say a person can not complain about some band that quit over 40 years ago, a band that has had no new music in 40 years, yet is still blathered about as if they are the greatest ever is silly.

The Beatles are long past being boring... same with U2

I ADORE people bitching about people who are bitching about people.
may I quote:

"So to say a person can not complain about some band that quit over 40 years ago, a band that has had no new music in 40 years, yet it still blathered about as if they are the greatest ever is silly."

Ok w that. just not sure if you're talking about The Beatles or Stones...heh heh...
don't have a heart attack; it's all in fun...
John liked to bitch a lot; I liked that about him...jeeze I probably never stop bitching about something or other; so no harm intended...
...here's John bitching about himself! smileys with beer

18 Beatles Songs That John Lennon Totally Hated
[www.youtube.com]

As far as your U2 comment,. I am so there w you on that one.

(but goddam i hate to say it; that bb King blues thing they did was Outrageously fine, really good stuff that kicked,. gotta hand it to 'em; don't want to; fair is fair. pretty much disturbs my thorough comprehensive dislike for even their visage, never mind their...oh...that's not nice. good track there. got to say ir fiar is faire)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-01 17:56 by hopkins.

Date: August 3, 2017 22:20

The Beatles - Live! at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany - 1962
[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 3, 2017 22:25

The Beatles - Decca Audition, January 1 1962

[www.youtube.com]

Their failed audition w Decca. A blessing in disguise. It was hard for them to even get there that day. But George Martin relationship would have never taken place had they passed here.....

...they shot up higher than high; George went back and got the embarrased Dick Rowe, who was shamed mightily after passing on them pretty much right before their breakout Beatlemania period was starting....dragged him to see The Stones live, they were signed shortly after. Presto: a major recording contract and push-project for a major lable. Then Paul and John helped w an original which charted somewhat, higher than anything first steps before that...

They were friends an cohorts all thru the 60's. I owe a lot to the six Stones and the four Beatles....

Date: August 3, 2017 23:17

Svartmer
potus43
Huh?

I do not think I am stupid

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 3, 2017 23:28

potus43
Huh?
Can't wait till you start a thread. Whatever topic you choose, it will be spray painted with Beatles.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: August 3, 2017 23:34

MrMibbs
Svartmer
potus43
Huh?

Can't he not like the beetels? Isn't this a Stones forum? Rock on Mr.Potus

When you start to sign in under different aliases to back yourself up, you have really lost it. MrMibbs and potus43 is the same person. How many different names have you got, you sad person?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 4, 2017 00:04

That looks like the John Lennon wall in Prague? Very nice!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home