Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 223
Re: OT: Happy Bday Richard Starkey!
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 8, 2016 18:55

As usual, he was his cryptic self. His answer almost requires a "bah-dum-dum". He said...."Tomorrow never knows".

Silly.

Date: July 9, 2016 04:54

I shot this for you guys:

Ringo

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 9, 2016 06:25

roller99
As usual, he was his cryptic self. His answer almost requires a "bah-dum-dum". He said...."Tomorrow never knows".

Silly.

Not silly, true...he's a cool dude, that Ringo. Hope he has many more birthdays to come.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: July 10, 2016 01:30

Yay Ringo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you Man !!!!!!!

Date: July 10, 2016 01:43

roller99

Silly.

I actually teared up from frustration when I read his answer... Gosh darn-it Ringo...

Date: July 10, 2016 03:00

I don't think he's going to show up, he was just kidding around. I'd heard he was a germ-o-phobe, was nasty to fans, etc. Nothing could be further from that. He was shaking hands, joking around. He couldn't hear all the questions and waded right into the middle of all of us. Everyone was super cool.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 10, 2016 03:20

roller99
I don't think he's going to show up, he was just kidding around. I'd heard he was a germ-o-phobe, was nasty to fans, etc. Nothing could be further from that. He was shaking hands, joking around. He couldn't hear all the questions and waded right into the middle of all of us. Everyone was super cool.

The desert question was a good one though...
thanks for the reply above, I didn't see it before.

I would have asked him if he had an extra hole in his pocket, and if so, could I have it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-10 03:22 by jambay.

Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 11, 2016 01:58

Great down to earth guy...........I love him.............especially were he explain his drumming habits............praise in heaven by the critics.....but according to him it's just a handicap as a left handed playing on a right handed Drum KIT................grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

OT: Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl - Remastered and Expanded
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 20, 2016 17:36

Re: OT: Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl - Remastered and Expanded
Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: July 20, 2016 18:41

I saw this and I'm disappointed. First, most diehard Beatles fans have all three of these concerts on bootlegs in pristine sound. Second though, there is plenty of room on a CD to give 1 version of each song the Beatles performed in 1964/65 on the disc. So missing is "If I Fell", "I Wanna Be Your Man", "I Feel Fine", and "I'm Down". Certainly given the length of the songs these 4 songs would have fit on the disc.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 20, 2016 18:44

I have the original vinyl of this that was released in the late 1970s. It's pretty terrible. I can't see how re-mixing it would help. It's nothing but screaming girls overwhelming the sound, from start to finish, and it's taken from the soundboard, not the audience itself. The Beatles' performance isn't very good, either.

Date: July 20, 2016 18:46

marianna
I have the original vinyl of this that was released in the late 1970s. It's pretty terrible. I can't see how re-mixing it would help. It's nothing but screaming girls overwhelming the sound, from start to finish, and it's taken from the soundboard, not the audience itself. The Beatles' performance isn't very good, either.

+1

Not a lot you can do to improve a 3 track recording.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 20, 2016 18:56

I have that album too and I only listened to it once. To me it's only a live document from that era, nothing else.

Btw, September 9 is becoming a kind of "official date" for Beatles releases? I remember the Stereo box being released on a September 9 in 2009. grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 20, 2016 18:58

DandelionPowderman

What happened to track #4? Allen Klein stole it?

Date: July 20, 2016 19:18

dcba
DandelionPowderman

What happened to track #4? Allen Klein stole it?

I think the soundboards at that time only had 3 tracks. Same with the Kinks live album and Got Live...

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: July 20, 2016 19:34

I think this is fantastic news, for my own personal reasons; Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl (the '77 release) was my first ever LP, which I got at the age of 6 or 7. Yes, the screechy crowd noise was ridiculous and pretty much destroys the actual sound quality, but I loved, loved, loved this album. "And now we'd like to play an old one... It's from last year, and it's called, 'She Loves You.'" I'll never forget this album.

It is the Beatles' equivalent to 'Got Live If You Want It,' essentially. Except it really is entirely live, as far as I am aware.

I would love to hear this with some separation from the screechy crowd noise. There was some excellent energy in the live versions of these songs.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 20, 2016 22:34

Cristiano Radtke
I have that album too and I only listened to it once. To me it's only a live document from that era, nothing else.

Btw, September 9 is becoming a kind of "official date" for Beatles releases? I remember the Stereo box being released on a September 9 in 2009. grinning smiley

I remember Abbey Road had an early September release.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 20, 2016 22:36

marianna

I don't remember it that way. The screaming was ridiculous, but I was impressed by how good they actually did sound, considering the maelstrom they were in.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 20, 2016 22:52

24FPS
marianna

I don't remember it that way. The screaming was ridiculous, but I was impressed by how good they actually did sound, considering the maelstrom they were in.

I'm with you...despite the screaming, it's quite listenable, and they did sound pretty good.

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 20, 2016 22:59

DandelionPowderman

I think the soundboards at that time only had 3 tracks. Same with the Kinks live album and Got Live...

I think you're right. Iirc the Dylan 1966 "RAH" album was recorded over 3 tracks. Maybe the machine engineers used only had three imputs = recording with three mikes was all that was possible...

Date: July 20, 2016 23:32

24FPS
Cristiano Radtke

I remember Abbey Road had an early September release.

I'm not sure about this Abbey Road release prior to the stereo remasters box, but I do remember very well about the massive campaign about the release of the stereo remasters and the Rock Band game, both released on the same day (9/9/09).

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 21, 2016 05:53

This could be very cool! I agree that actually considering the level of mayhem and screaming their performance was pretty good! A great and different version of Twist and Shout. Baby's in Black is great. Some great stuff and Giles has been a great producer for them keeping faith and honoring his father's work but not afraid to be cretive. This could be cool. I will hold out for the vinyl.

Date: July 21, 2016 08:08

The Beatles’ companion album to the new Ron Howard directed feature documentary presents remixed and mastered recordings from three of the Beatles concerts at Los Angeles' Hollywood Bowl.The album captures the electric atmosphere of the band’s sold-out concerts in 1964 and 1965.
Live at the Hollywood Bowl accompanies the release of Academy Award winner Ron Howard's authorised and highly anticipated documentary about The Beatles' early career; The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years.

The album will be available for CD and digital download on the 9th September, the release of the 180g gatefold Vinyl LP will follow on the 18th November.

Preorder The Beatles: Live At The Hollywood Bowl
The Beatles: Live At The Hollywood Bowl: CD
The Beatles: Live At The Hollywood Bowl: Vinyl LP
The Beatles Official US Store: CD and 180g Vinyl LP

Date: July 21, 2016 12:45

Ron Howard was over in Las Vegas last week attending the 10th Anniversary of the Cirque du Soleil LOVE show at the Mirage. He was hanging out with Paul, Ringo and co. at the after show pool party so I guess the film is a success!

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 22, 2016 00:41

sounds so exciting

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 22, 2016 05:10

dcba
DandelionPowderman

I think you're right. Iirc the Dylan 1966 "RAH" album was recorded over 3 tracks. Maybe the machine engineers used only had three imputs = recording with three mikes was all that was possible...
these shows were actually recorded to higher standards, supervised by George Martin intended to be a contemporary release. While the results from the 1970's album was disappointing I have higher hopes for this release. If the performances are there I am sure an excessive amount of time and money went into making this listenable.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 22, 2016 09:45

Spot on Doom and Gloom. Highly doubt they would re-issue a half baked recording. They must know there are a lot of critics these days. Even the 1977 LP was exciting, for those days anyway. I'm excited to hear the new one.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 22, 2016 13:25

"Certainly, anyone hearing the original Hollywood Bowl album for the first time is liable to be taken aback. I first heard it in 1985, and was struck by how closely it resembled that year’s musical cause celebre, the Jesus and Mary Chain. That’s not because of the band, but because the dominant sound of the album wasn’t the band, but the screams of thousands and thousands and teenagers, screams that blanket the music in sheets of white noise, for all the world like William Reid’s feedback on Psychocandy."

[www.theguardian.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 23, 2016 09:52

I just found out the topic ;
Myself isn't ( I Cry and and I cry laugh or not )
a musician but Why I prefered the Stones ?

For their music and cos the Stones were subersive

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: July 25, 2016 02:21

Some thoughts on Keef's recent statement about the Beatles not being very good live...I can't help but wonder what would have happened if the Beatles kept playing live after the advent of stage monitors and advanced sound technology. The Stones certainly got a lot better onstage in 1969 thanks to being able to actually hear themselves play.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home