Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 2, 2014 05:14

Here is a link to a site that claims to have a video of the Stones playing I've Just Seen a Face and Eight Days a Week. Haven't checked out the video but they sure have lots of Stones photos I've never seen before. peace

[dangerousminds.net]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 2, 2014 06:22

Naturalust
Here is a link to a site that claims to have a video of the Stones playing I've Just Seen a Face and Eight Days a Week. Haven't checked out the video but they sure have lots of Stones photos I've never seen before. peace

[dangerousminds.net]

I seem to recall their playing those 2 songs in Charlie is My Darling.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: October 2, 2014 14:08

swiss
Naturalust

[dangerousminds.net]

I seem to recall their playing those 2 songs in Charlie is My Darling.

Mick and Keith are jamming the songs as they are composing Sitting On a Fence live before the camera. There are similarities in the melody and chords, between I've Just Seen A Face and Sitting On A Fence. Both are also very Dylansque.

OT: Waiting for Let It Be Bluray/DVD
Posted by: LadyJane12 ()
Date: October 4, 2014 14:16

I premise The Rolling Stones aren't my only favorite band. Then I recall I wrote on my first thread that my father owns many interesting vinyls. Also this record collection includes Abbey Road and Let It Be. So I started listening to the Beatles. Even I know Michael Lindsay-Hogg shot a film entitled Let It Be. Anyway I've got a request: when are Paul and Ringo going to release its Bluray/DVD?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-04 14:31 by LadyJane12.

Re: OT: Waiting for Let It Be Bluray/DVD
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 5, 2014 01:18

LadyJane12
I premise The Rolling Stones aren't my only favorite band. Then I recall I wrote on my first thread that my father owns many interesting vinyls. Also this record collection includes Abbey Road and Let It Be. So I started listening to the Beatles. Even I know Michael Lindsay-Hogg shot a film entitled Let It Be. Anyway I've got a request: when are Paul and Ringo going to release its Bluray/DVD?

There's a story that someone was talking with Paul on a flight some years back and he claimed to be surprised that it wasn't already out on DVD.

The footage has obviously been preserved and re-mastered as there are bits of it in the "Anthology" set.

The rumour is that they don't like the film because it's a documentary about the break-up (although IMHO that makes it even more interesting for historians).

A couple of years ago I spotted a good DVD copy in a shop - being sold as if it was "legal" - which it patently isn't - and grabbed it.

To my surprise it's actually quite good. Sure, there's some film of arguing etc, but most of the time I saw that as arguing about the constructive process of recording. But, yes, there are some slightly nasty bits. But there's no way that it's a documentary about the break-up.

Personally I reckon that when it is released eventually (perhaps after all 4 are dead?) they should show the film as released, and as the main extra have the uncut rooftop concert because there's no way that isn't 100% superb.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: October 5, 2014 03:07

The so called arguments are very passive aggressive swipes at each other and hardly qualify as an argument in my book. At least by my families standards of an ARGUMENT!

OT Beatles Box Set on USB for 14€ on Amazon.de
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 5, 2014 19:41

Hey,

could This ne for real?

[www.amazon.de]

Re: OT Beatles Box Set on USB for 14€ on Amazon.de
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 5, 2014 19:56

If it is get it. For sure it's worth a lot more.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 5, 2014 21:00

Maybe it was a mistake or a unique Marketplace offer: it's now 169.39 EUR and more.

Someone has recently sold this USB-Apple on Amazon for collectors / decoration purposes only - because the USB-Flashdrive was defective ....

[www.amazon.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-05 21:10 by Irix.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 6, 2014 03:38

Yeah, that USB is amazing, and very cool. The entire catalog on 24 bit with little films and nice graphics, and the Apple looks badass! Great for a collector, and great to play on a music player with a good sound card (not an iPod!)...

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 6, 2014 19:08

Amazon cancelled my order now because of a mistake with the price

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 6, 2014 20:55

hockenheim95
Amazon cancelled my order now because of a mistake with the price

Too bad! What was the 'mistaken price' just out of curiousity? I see it's over 200 euros now.

Date: October 7, 2014 03:48

Yeah there were a limited amount issued, and this is now a big collector item. The Apple is considered the best sounding product out there of their material. It is billed as being as close to the playback sound they heard in the studio as possible. Hence it is 24 bit flac files. For apple they are easily converted. It will be interesting thought to see how long USB's stay relevant!

Date: October 7, 2014 04:35

Well check out amazon.com in the US! This is a good price, and you can even get used for 199

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 7, 2014 06:33

whitem8
Yeah there were a limited amount issued, and this is now a big collector item. The Apple is considered the best sounding product out there of their material. It is billed as being as close to the playback sound they heard in the studio as possible. Hence it is 24 bit flac files. For apple they are easily converted. It will be interesting thought to see how long USB's stay relevant!

It's a great little product, but I've got too much Beatles as it is...having said that, if the price is right I'll pick up the new Mono vinyl box.

Date: October 7, 2014 06:42

I know me too! But I can't resist. I did get the Mono box set and it is waiting for me in the US, I will pack it in my suitcase and bring it back to Thailand this coming summer.

Early Beatles/Stones song from 1965
Posted by: JamesMadison ()
Date: October 10, 2014 20:33

Most fans don't know that the three Beatles wrote and sang a vocal with the Stones backing it. It was recorded in early 1965 at the Regent Sound Studio in London but was not released for several months later. Why? Because EMI and Decca fought over the rights to release it and it was held up for months. Finally Decca agreed to release it on the London label with the understanding that they would use a bogus band name so to protect each band. They used the phony name Knickerbockers, but the two groups never recorded again.

John Lennon and Paul McCartney are easily recognizable as lead vocals, but I can also hear George Harrison as well. That is Brian Jones on the Rickenbacker rhythm guitar, and Keith doing a torrid lead guitar solo at 1:20. Charlie played drums (not Ringo) and Bill Wyman complete the line-up. I think it was a good first effort, surprised they never tried it again.

This was a mild hit in America on the London Label not sure if it was popular in UK, because they couldn't mention the Stones or the Beatles for contract reasons. Still a very good collaboration. I wish they had done more together like this. What do people think of this Beatles Stones track?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Early Beatles/Stones song from 1965
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 10, 2014 20:52

If only, but I don't think sosmoking smiley (does sound like Lennon though)

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 10, 2014 21:24

Poppycock.
The London label shown in the YouTube video is a UK one, their records were issued on the Challenge label in America.
"Lies" wasn't even their first single.

[www.45cat.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

[www.allmusic.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-10 21:51 by Deltics.

Posted by: thegroove ()
Date: October 10, 2014 22:12

James Perhaps you are referring to Cant Get No Nookie by the Masked Marauders.Now that was a collaberation

Date: October 10, 2014 22:16

thegroove
James Perhaps you are referring to Cant Get No Nookie by the Masked Marauders.Now that was a collaberation

No it wasn't!

[www.rollingstone.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

[www.snopes.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 10, 2014 22:58

I really don't hear any Beatle Stones collaboration except song wise and the voice....

Maybe John and Paul worked on this one too....

Date: October 10, 2014 23:03

There's always this one...

OT: The Worst Fake Concert Poster I've Ever Seen (How Many Errors Can YOU Spot?)
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 14, 2014 03:26

[www.pbagalleries.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-14 03:41 by tatters.

Re: OT: The Worst Fake Concert Poster I've Ever Seen (How Many Errors Can YOU Spot?)
Date: October 14, 2014 03:44

You kinda have to be from Michigan for this. If you are (and you know your Beatles), you should see 6 or 7 glaring mistakes right away. It's like they couldn't have gotten it more wrong it they'd tried.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-14 03:47 by tatters.

Re: OT: The Worst Fake Concert Poster I've Ever Seen (How Many Errors Can YOU Spot?)
Date: October 14, 2014 03:48

1. The Beatles weren't performing in Detroit, or anywhere else, on Oct. 14, 1965. They were in London, recording Rubber Soul.

Date: October 14, 2014 03:50

2. The Beatles did tour America in 1965 .... in August .... but they didn't play in Michigan that year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-14 04:03 by tatters.

Date: October 14, 2014 03:51

3. There is no such place as Chrysler Arena in Detroit. There never has been.

Date: October 14, 2014 03:52

4. There is, however, a Crisler Arena .... but it's not in Detroit. It's in Ann Arbor.

Date: October 14, 2014 03:53

5. The Beatles never played in Ann Arbor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-14 03:53 by tatters.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home