Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...247248249250251252253254255256257
Current Page: 257 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18, 2015
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 7, 2018 22:33

DandelionPowderman
I love Just Another Night, even though the sounds in there get in the way of the good song at times, imo.

England Lost comes across as nearly as bad as Let's Work for me. The production doesn't bother me as much as the pale, melody-lacking, uninventive and almost childish songwriting.

I'm counting on Mick doing much better than EL and GGG in the future, be it on Stones- or solo-albums.

For pure pop-songs, I'm one of the few who actually enjoy stuff like Visions Of Paradise, Don't Call Me Up, Say You Will and Secrets. Those songs have melody, good sounds, great singing and are well-crafted songs.

Huh. I happen to like those as well. Not much on his first album is there to like, although I've always gotten a good laugh out of 1/2 A Loaf and Running Out Of Luck. Lucky In Love would be fantastic if it wasn't for - Jeff Beck pretty much ruined whatever he played on, and there seems to be some kind of theme with Mick's bridges (I think there's one in Radio Control that's just as bad).

I loved Throwaway... but then after DIRTY WORK it was the closest thing to a decent new Stones song I could find. That album... Throwaway, Say You Will, Kow Tow and Peace For The Wicked are excellent, the rest of it is a life threatening yawn.

WANDERING SPIRIT, of course, is exceptional.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 8, 2018 01:31

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
I love Just Another Night, even though the sounds in there get in the way of the good song at times, imo.

England Lost comes across as nearly as bad as Let's Work for me. The production doesn't bother me as much as the pale, melody-lacking, uninventive and almost childish songwriting.

I'm counting on Mick doing much better than EL and GGG in the future, be it on Stones- or solo-albums.

For pure pop-songs, I'm one of the few who actually enjoy stuff like Visions Of Paradise, Don't Call Me Up, Say You Will and Secrets. Those songs have melody, good sounds, great singing and are well-crafted songs.

Huh. I happen to like those as well. Not much on his first album is there to like, although I've always gotten a good laugh out of 1/2 A Loaf and Running Out Of Luck. Lucky In Love would be fantastic if it wasn't for - Jeff Beck pretty much ruined whatever he played on, and there seems to be some kind of theme with Mick's bridges (I think there's one in Radio Control that's just as bad).

I loved Throwaway... but then after DIRTY WORK it was the closest thing to a decent new Stones song I could find. That album... Throwaway, Say You Will, Kow Tow and Peace For The Wicked are excellent, the rest of it is a life threatening yawn.

Love WS.

OK...here's a question, if released as a Stones album, would it have cracked into the top ten of all Stones albums? If not, what keeps it out of the top ten?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 16, 2018 19:51

Peter Gammons of ESPN fame plays guitar and wasin a band and had some comments about Mike Campbell and Keith Richards :

I met Mike Campbell at Fenway Park. We were taken down to meet Petty and Campbell. Mike said, ‘Somebody told me you wrote something once about me.’ I said, ‘Yeah. I said I didn’t think that I had ever heard a Tom Petty song where the guitar wasn’t perfect,’” recalled Gammons of Campbell’s loose yet flawless style. “Guitar playing is not about gymnastics. It’s what makes Keith Richards so perfect. I always thought that Mike Campbell was, like Keith Richards, the perfect guitarist.”

[www.forbes.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 16, 2018 21:32

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman

Love WS.

OK...here's a question, if released as a Stones album, would it have cracked into the top ten of all Stones albums? If not, what keeps it out of the top ten?

What, WS? No. As good as it is, the songs are not good enough. Top 20, perhaps.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 17, 2018 22:30

An interesting quote from 2015 from Keith:

"I was at sort of a loose end, and I realized there is one thing missing out of my life, the most importang thing: recording. I made the first two because the Stones were in one of their hibernations - and basically, I probably made this one because the Stones were in hibernation at the time. It's funny because there's one part of me saying, You're being disloyal! Then you got the other Stones thinking, 'You're crazy, why do you need to go out and do that?' And I didn't really need to do it, I just enjoyed doing it. It's an interesting way to work, just me and Steve (Jordan), which makes it fairly cheap."

Interesting that was the response despite Mick maintaining a healthy amount of solo work and side projects for the past 34 years.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: December 18, 2018 00:48

Rocky Dijon

"I was at sort of a loose end, and I realized there is one thing missing out of my life, the most importang thing: recording. I made the first two because the Stones were in one of their hibernations - and basically, I probably made this one because the Stones were in hibernation at the time. It's funny because there's one part of me saying, You're being disloyal! Then you got the other Stones thinking, 'You're crazy, why do you need to go out and do that?' And I didn't really need to do it, I just enjoyed doing it. It's an interesting way to work, just me and Steve (Jordan), which makes it fairly cheap."

Interesting that was the response despite Mick maintaining a healthy amount of solo work and side projects for the past 34 years.

I think Keith is just happy to take a back seat and play his guitar when it comes to playing live, he enjoys playing with the Stones more i imagine, he likes Mick being the front-man.
But when it comes to recording, its obvious he enjoys working with Steve, at Keith's age i doubt he enjoys the stress of working with Mick, i think this time he is completely disillusioned with Mick and i actually doubt the new Stones album will have much more input from Keith. Same as the last few Stones albums.
Wouldn't surprise me if Keith gets back in the studio with Steve after this tour, and i think Keith will wave goodbye to the Stones for the last time.
Sobriety makes you look at life differently, i'm betting Keith has tried so hard to collaborate with Mick on this new Stones album but Mick's not having any of it, he wants to bring their own separate songs.
Might as well just do solo albums in that case.

Date: December 18, 2018 02:42

Wow. Not saying it's impossible, but speculating a sober Keith quits the Stones after 2019 to pursue a solo career at age 75 is really putting yourself out there.

Date: December 18, 2018 02:48

keithsman
Rocky Dijon

I think Keith is just happy to take a back seat and play his guitar when it comes to playing live, he enjoys playing with the Stones more i imagine, he likes Mick being the front-man.
But when it comes to recording, its obvious he enjoys working with Steve, at Keith's age i doubt he enjoys the stress of working with Mick, i think this time he is completely disillusioned with Mick and i actually doubt the new Stones album will have much more input from Keith. Same as the last few Stones albums.
Wouldn't surprise me if Keith gets back in the studio with Steve after this tour, and i think Keith will wave goodbye to the Stones for the last time.
Sobriety makes you look at life differently, i'm betting Keith has tried so hard to collaborate with Mick on this new Stones album but Mick's not having any of it, he wants to bring their own separate songs.

I don't mind if they bring their songs separately. As long as we don't get any "Streets Of Love"-type stuff from MJ, I still think that new songs recorded with the whole band and the Keithifying of the MJ songs could still bring the album up to a very high level, better than solo albums.

Maybe not the new Some Girls, but maybe possibly hopefully an IORR-level album?

Anyone with me here?

Date: December 18, 2018 03:01

When you say an IORR-level album, I'm guessing you mean something that could conceivably be created by The IORR Band. If you're expecting another "Time Waits for No One" or "Fingerprint File," I fear you'll be disappointed.

(signed)

"Rocky Dijon,"
North American delegate for The IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N' ROLL Appreciation Society

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-18 04:29 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: December 18, 2018 03:21

Rocky Dijon
When you say an IORR-level album, I'm guessing you mean something that could conceivably be created by The IORR Band. If you're expecting another "Time Waits for No One" or "Fingerprint File," I fear you'll be dispappointed.

(signed)

"Rocky Dijon,"

I've never been dispappointed before...does it hurt? If not, sign me up!

Date: December 18, 2018 04:18

My fingers are bandaged. I have an excuse!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 18, 2018 04:27

treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
When you say an IORR-level album, I'm guessing you mean something that could conceivably be created by The IORR Band. If you're expecting another "Time Waits for No One" or "Fingerprint File," I fear you'll be dispappointed.

(signed)

"Rocky Dijon,"

I've never been dispappointed before...does it hurt? If not, sign me up!

Only when you pee at the same time...sorry for sounding rude, but that's what I was told.

Date: December 18, 2018 11:48

Rocky Dijon
Wow. Not saying it's impossible, but speculating a sober Keith quits the Stones after 2019 to pursue a solo career at age 75 is really putting yourself out there.

What do you mean going solo ?? Keith and Mick have been going solo on and off since the New Barbarians, that's 40 years, it's nothing new.

It's not a stretch of the imagination to think Keith will make another solo album, like he say's, what else does he do..
He not likely going to wait 11 years for Mick to decide to agree on making another Stones album, and he certainly doesn't have 4 years left after that to make it.That would take him to the age of 90.
No he has already said this will be the last tour (if he has it his way, i think) and i have a hunch that if Keith does have down time he might do a dozen shows or so with the Wino's just to cap it all off nicely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-18 12:21 by keithsman.

Date: December 18, 2018 11:54

treaclefingers
keithsman
Rocky Dijon

I don't mind if they bring their songs separately. As long as we don't get any "Streets Of Love"-type stuff from MJ, I still think that new songs recorded with the whole band and the Keithifying of the MJ songs could still bring the album up to a very high level, better than solo albums.

Maybe not the new Some Girls, but maybe possibly hopefully an IORR-level album?

Anyone with me here?

Yeah i'm there with you, I've said all along , this new album will be a waste of time or a big surprise. We don't know that they haven't got 4 or 5 great songs already from the sessions they have done, but it's clear there has been some sort of fall out recently between the Glimmers. I expect the rest of the album to be very much Mick's demos without much input from Keith, same as the last two albums.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: December 18, 2018 12:24

Let,s hope for Keithsmen and friends here,that Keith will go solo now.Just stop the us tour,and go on with a soloalbum.Make all Keithsfans happy.

Date: December 18, 2018 12:58

harlem shuffle
Let,s hope for Keithsmen and friends here,that Keith will go solo now.Just stop the us tour,and go on with a soloalbum.Make all Keithsfans happy.

I'm sorry man but i'm just done with paying all that money to see them play Miss You, YCAGWYW and IORR, it's never going to change, its the same show as 89' we're not even getting the album to tour behind, i'm pissed off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-18 13:00 by keithsman.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: December 18, 2018 13:09

I,m agree Keithsmen.Let Keith go solo,same with Mick.Maybee we will have some new songs,at least some solosongs.Maybee an album or two from the both of them.Over the years this sides have split in two different camps.Keiths camps and Mick camps.There is no Stonescamps anymore.So its better to quit now,befare its to late.

Date: December 18, 2018 13:25

Unfortunately Harlem Shuffle its the way of the world right now, more than ever people are divided, probably because they don't like the pressure of being forced to be united, it comes naturally or not at all.
Its the same on iorr, most people with my views of the band just go away because its seen as negative or destructive, but Mick and Keith have always been very different people and Mick is the more controlling contributor since WW3 and that's the way it is, Keith gets more and more frustrated and creatively he is squeezed out, so far better for all concerned to go their own way, as you say, that way we will all get a lot more output from the limited time they have left.

I'm happy for the iorr guys going to see them this year, its just too far to go for me without any new material being played, and i just know that no matter how much Mick says in interviews he likes to mix things up to keep it fresh, he will just play the same hits again and again when it comes to show time, it's the only way he feels comfortable, and i for one am very uncomfortable with it !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-18 13:30 by keithsman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...247248249250251252253254255256257
Current Page: 257 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home