Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...243244245246247248249250251252253...LastNext
Current Page: 248 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 28, 2016 19:00

Bashlets
No, it's not the Holy Grail but to my ears there is a feeling and warmth to this record that has been missing from all stones and stones related projects since TATTOO YOU. The energy seems natural; none of it feels forced or contrived. I still love this album after a year and play it often.

Yes.

Upon release I listened to it relentlessly for about two months soaking in every nuance of every tune. After the initial impact and absorption I played it about every other week, and after that I'd skip around playing tunes in random order. Recently I realized I hadn't listened to it start to finish in over two months, so I stuck the cassette in my work van and it was indeed like visiting an old friend. Lots of good memories attached to this release - it's become a part of my life as is the case with all of my favorite albums. Haven't had that same sensation with a Stones related album since Tattoo You...Talk is Cheap come pretty close though. I've been alternating listening to the CH cassette with an old Exile cassette, and it's amazing what a great flow both of them have together....like a perfect triple album.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 18, 2016 18:47

"Crosseyed Heart" was released one year ago today. Watch a new #AskKeith episode about the recording of the album: [www.youtube.com]

[twitter.com]

Crosseyed Heart - One Year Anniversary
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 18, 2016 10:43

Today is the big anniversary! Huge bash at my place all weekend long celebrating.

Any particular memories to share about where you were the first time you heard "crossed heart? tracks that have grown on you? thoughts on where it places in the pantheon of stones solo albums?

I still think it's better than any stones album since Tattoo You!

Lover's Plea, Trouble, Just a Gift, Robbed Blind, and Heartstopper are some of my favorite tracks.

Re: Crosseyed Heart - One Year Anniversary
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 18, 2016 12:35

An interesting post, I went to a friends house after we all had gone for dinner, he had it on as background music. It was really great!

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 18, 2016 12:49

I hate to say this, but to me it proved that Keith doesn't have much left other than posing and riffs. There are 4-5 good songs, but knowing a couple of them has layed around 10-12 years, it only adds to my opinion. The rest are riffs and fragments of songs that doesn't go anywhere. The album are more of a combination of style and sound, than songwriting.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 18, 2016 13:21

Lover's Plea is one that's grown on me a lot.
But the thing is that every track gets in my head and doesn't want to leave.
Keith knows what he's doing

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 18, 2016 14:13

Loved it on release, still love it. The songs, in the main, are great, the singing fine, and the playing wonderful. All bought together by a wonderful, warm and sympathetic production that never gets in the way, and is not too loud!

Rod

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 18, 2016 15:03

I loved it when it came out, and still listen to it at least once a week. My favourite songs are still the soul ballads: Illusion, Suspicious, Lover's Plea and Just A Gift. My least favourite (actually the only song I tend to skip) still is Blues In The Morning.
And I still think it's a great pity he didn't tour behind it, or at least made a few more videos for some of the songs.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 18, 2016 15:31

Blues in the Morning is among my very favourites - listen to the roll!
Torn at the edges but really really loose inside :E

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 18, 2016 16:06

I guess I've gotten a bit jaded by the years. When this came out I heard Trouble on the radio and was glad to hear Keith doing something but it didn't knock me out the way Take It So Hard did. Still feel that way about the whole album. Glad Keith did something finally but it doesn't really floor me.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: September 18, 2016 16:19

Blueranger
I hate to say this, but to me it proved that Keith doesn't have much left other than posing and riffs. There are 4-5 good songs, but knowing a couple of them has layed around 10-12 years, it only adds to my opinion. The rest are riffs and fragments of songs that doesn't go anywhere. The album are more of a combination of style and sound, than songwriting.

This is a description of Main Offender, not Crosseyed Heart, imo.

On CE, the songs are it's strength.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 18, 2016 16:29

Bless you Steve Jordan and Keith for bringing it back home!! Hopefully it's a preview to the new album next year!!

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: September 18, 2016 16:33

Maindefender
Bless you Steve Jordan and Keith for bringing it back home!! Hopefully it's a preview to the new album next year!!

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Date: September 18, 2016 16:43

Can't believe it's been a year already! I still listen to this ALL the time, but then again, I do have a *very* special copy! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 18, 2016 18:18

wow, nice photo!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 18, 2016 18:18

Did worldwide sales hit the 300,000 mark?

Posted by: laf848 ()
Date: September 18, 2016 18:52

I really love the album & still playing it. Always seem to go back to it, when I haven't played it in awhile.The flow of the album is excellent IMO.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2016 20:58

Turner68
Today is the big anniversary! Huge bash at my place all weekend long celebrating.

Any particular memories to share about where you were the first time you heard "crossed heart? tracks that have grown on you? thoughts on where it places in the pantheon of stones solo albums?

I still think it's better than any stones album since Tattoo You!

Lover's Plea, Trouble, Just a Gift, Robbed Blind, and Heartstopper are some of my favorite tracks.

I agree with you Turner - it's much better than any Stones album since Tattoo You.
Production, songwriting, overall vibe...it has it all.

Memories:

1. Driving up and down the Pacific Coast Highway giving it the traditional 'first listen'...made many trips back and forth, up and down the coastline absorbing every nuance as the cd didn't leave my player for weeks. After a day at the beach (or a day at work) would visit this thread and participate in the discussion (warts and all) to read and give opinions while dissecting everything...this was/still is a great thread.

2. Giving a copy to my 20 year old niece and then her telling me "this is WAY better than A Bigger Bang and any Jagger solo junk...".

3. Playing the vinyl at my studio with some of my friends and art collectors while BBQ'ing on warm September evenings. Some of the younger ones in the crowd (in their mid-20's) were thrilled to hear something of that quality coming from an old Rolling Stone.

4. Buying the exclusive cassette from *Newbury Comics so I could listen while driving my '97 work/cargo van (which doesn't have a cd player)to and from galleries, etc. This also encouraged me to rummage through my storage to retrieve my entire massive cassette collection which is now at my studio. Old school personalized mix tapes, tons of reggae taped from vinyl, and loads of everything else. I even dscovered an older Exile cassette a couple months ago!

Cassette still available here: Crosseyed Cassette

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: September 18, 2016 22:09

Played it again last week and really really enjoyed it. Never tempted to skip any tracks which is not something you can say about recent Stones albums. Flows like an album should and deserves to be listened as a whole.

Date: September 18, 2016 22:44

Voodookitten76
Can't believe it's been a year already! I still listen to this ALL the time, but then again, I do have a *very* special copy! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 19, 2016 02:30

Nice Voodookitten, nice!
I love CH, wrote and gushed quite a bit, sincerely and thank you.
'Nothing On Me'
'Something For Nothing'
'Substantial Damage' (baby you're killing me)
10, 10 and 10.
I love Keith Richards.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 19, 2016 04:18

Sweet pic, Voodookitten76. smiling smiley

Yeah, I love Crosseyed Heart..a year later, it still gives me a lift. It's wistful, contemplative, beautiful, funny, and profane, with some good old fashioned rock and roll thrown in just cause it's Keith.

Date: September 19, 2016 05:01

Thanks, everybody! smiling bouncing smiley

I hope they do a similar signed LP sleeve contest for the forthcoming blues album, and of course that an IORRian wins!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 19, 2016 08:58

Just didn't move me. Wyman's record was better.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 19, 2016 11:26

I gotta agree with 24FPS, i still cant hear what so good about it. A records for the followers i guess ( no pun intended)

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 19, 2016 11:33

Swedish review

Review
Review
Some gave better reviews but heres a couple who didnt.

Date: September 19, 2016 11:50

As an advocate for the sleazier side of the Stones, you should at least be able to appreciate Amnesia and Blues In The Morning, Carpet?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 19, 2016 12:08

24FPS

Really?

Date: September 19, 2016 12:14

latebloomer
24FPS

Really?

I can't hear that, either, but if you're a fan, you're a fan smiling smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 19, 2016 18:18

24FPS

Great joke!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...243244245246247248249250251252253...LastNext
Current Page: 248 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home