Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...161162163164165166167168169170171...LastNext
Current Page: 166 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 02:27

georgelicks
Turner68
Ah interesting, I guess Apple's iTunes site is not as accurate then? It still has him at #5.

It's #5 on Itunes ROCK chart, #21 on the main one.

is this the wrong thing to be looking at? [www.apple.com]

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 23, 2015 02:42

Turner68
georgelicks
Turner68
Ah interesting, I guess Apple's iTunes site is not as accurate then? It still has him at #5.

That chart is not updated, still strange because Keith's album never went higher than #8 on Itunes.
Here is the current one (updated every 30 minutes)
[www.popvortex.com]

Date: September 23, 2015 02:44

georgelicks
Turner68
georgelicks
Turner68

That chart is not updated, still strange because Keith's album never went higher than #8 on Itunes.
Here is the current one (updated every 30 minutes)
[www.popvortex.com]

thank you for explaining, i appreciate it.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 23, 2015 02:47

Hey # 11 is nothing to sneeze at in the USA. Fantastic album all the way around. My favorite since Tattoo YOU. I just cant stop playing it. There really isnt one clunker on it imho. Considering it is probably not getting any air play # 11 is awesome. Talk is Cheap only peaked at what? # 23 or so and MAIN OFFENDER did not even crack the top 50 so 11 is good.

Date: September 23, 2015 02:50

Bashlets
Hey # 11 is nothing to sneeze at in the USA. Fantastic album all the way around. My favorite since Tattoo YOU. I just cant stop playing it. There really isnt one clunker on it imho. Considering it is probably not getting any air play # 11 is awesome. Talk is Cheap only peaked at what? # 23 or so and MAIN OFFENDER did not even crack the top 50 so 11 is good.

Bridges to Bablyon peaked at #6 in the UK, so in the UK at least if it does a bit better than George thinks Keith's album could peak possibly higher than a Stones album... would be amazing. Not sure I want to see that happen...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 02:58 by Turner68.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 23, 2015 02:57

On the Best Buy bonus track 'Love Overdue' w/ Lee 'Scratch' Perry-
maybe a 'dumb' question,
the 'scratch' sound at the end? It is like a high pitch noise, maybe only me and the dogs hear it?
What is that?
(and I read the CD footnotes before asking...nada...)
Thanks!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 23, 2015 02:59

this CD is smoking hot vibrating sound and it's blowing the roof off and hot to touch ...brilliant sound on this! Blowing minds

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 23, 2015 03:06

Picture of Keith and Lee 'Scratch' Perry recording song 'Love Overdue' 2013
[www.keithrichards.com]

Date: September 23, 2015 03:13

breaking hearts and blowing minds .. Do you think the pope can hear this ?? crazy good full body sound...Guinness for strength!!

Date: September 23, 2015 03:20

I recommend the car stereo for surround sound !!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 23, 2015 03:27

georgelicks
gotdablouse
Wow, Gilmour is really cleaning up isn't he! Well deserved too with that album of his. Besides he's on tour so that can't hurt.

Yep, he's selling very well and his promotion is way better and big than Keith's one:

- He's on tour, Keith didn't play a single song from the album
- He released 4 or 5 different versions of the album, that helps a lot because the old die hard fans are buying the same album different times to get all the versions.
Keith's album is pretty cheap made, no special editions.
- He released a video for the first single on Youtube, another one is coming and he has lots of interviews about the making of the album there. Keith's "Trouble" is an audio only track and sounds like hell on Youtube and still isn't fixed after 2+ months.
- He made a great interview with his wife on CBS while Keith spent what, 5 minutes, on Fallon's show?

And for each ticket sold for his tour, he's giving away a free copy of the cd...do those also count towards the total?
(I think this was briefly discussed recently and the answer was yes, but not sure).

Which reminds me - I came home the other day to a giant stack of of Gilmour cd's - nine in total!
I have 3 unspoken for, so will post soon on the Gilmour thread for a free giveaway.

smiling smiley

ps - All individual tunes from Crosseyed Heart are now up on youtube via > Keith*, and they all sound pretty good to my ears.

*? 2015 Mindless Records LLC, under exclusive licence to Virgin EMI Records, a division of Universal Music Operations Limited
Released on: 2015-09-18
Composer, Author: Keith Richards
Music Publisher: BMG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 03:28 by Hairball.

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: September 23, 2015 03:33

A shame that Keiths album won't debut top 10 in the States, though I'm underwhelmed by the quality of the album. To me it's a solid 2.5 stars out of 5. Considering how long it's been since a Stones album or Keith solo album, he's sure had plenty of time to put together an album. The album is fine, but nothing spectacular. I think there is only one "classic" on it - "Robbed Blind" is top quality. Couldn't disagree more about the promotion - Keith has been everywhere in the US. Major TV appearances, print, billboard cover, Iheart radio program and a damned movie on him released the same day. David Gilmour has had NO promotion (except he's going on tour). And Gilmour sold out two nights at Madison Square Garden with little advertising promo support. I was shocked at that one. The Stones are by far my favorite band, but honestly with all the promotion and press they get, they never did and still don't sell large quantities of new albums....bummer

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 23, 2015 03:53

Anybody get the elusive autographed one from the website? Not me unfortunately.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 04:08

no solo album stone is spectacular! but keith is the best I've ever heard of a stone solo album

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: September 23, 2015 04:34

georgelicks
7 new albums on the Top 10, a bad week to release the album in the U.S.
Last week's #10 album (Duran Duran) has sold 25k, with Keith's sales projection (28-32k) the album should be #8 or #9 on last week's chart.
I don't know why the record company hold the album for so long.

Yeah, looking at the competition it definitely wasn't a good week to release. I can only assume the Netflix doc may have been a factor in the timing.

It's funny because a similar thing happened with both A Bigger Bang and 40 Licks, with the Stones missing an easy chance at #1 by being just a week off. A Bigger Bang's release was particularly odd, as it was held back several weeks until all the media exposure over the tour start and "Sweet Neo Con" had completely dried up.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 23, 2015 04:57

howlingmad
georgelicks
7 new albums on the Top 10, a bad week to release the album in the U.S.
Last week's #10 album (Duran Duran) has sold 25k, with Keith's sales projection (28-32k) the album should be #8 or #9 on last week's chart.
I don't know why the record company hold the album for so long.

Yeah, looking at the competition it definitely wasn't a good week to release. I can only assume the Netflix doc may have been a factor in the timing.

It's funny because a similar thing happened with both A Bigger Bang and 40 Licks, with the Stones missing an easy chance at #1 by being just a week off. A Bigger Bang's release was particularly odd, as it was held back several weeks until all the media exposure over the tour start and "Sweet Neo Con" had completely dried up.

Yep, ABB sold 129k during the first week to debut at #3 behind Kanye West and 50 Cent. The previous two weeks the #1 albums did sell 112k and 115k, an incredible missing chance for the #1.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: September 23, 2015 05:50

There were a couple of tracks I liked.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 06:44

emotionalbarbecue
I may understand why media analize the album as soon as possible. That´s the way it is. That is the way they work. Time pressure etc...

But in a stones fan forum....

We know how hard is to listen stones music. We must hear again and again and again for a long time until we taste the first fruits...

So I can't understand this entire thread. Every page of it. It is beyond me.

MOST media do not ANALIZE a record, they review it. They HEAR it and decide if it's any good to their ears. MOST do not analize. SOME try and put a contextual spin on what they are hearing, most dont.

Rod

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 08:11

Just wanted to say, thanks so much to everyone who replied to my post the other day wondering about why Crosseyed Heart is a 2 LP album. I wanted to go in and thank you all in the thread, but I guess BV closed it. Fair enough, it wasn't exactly crucially important smiling smiley. But anyway, thanks again for clearing it up for me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 08:14 by stones2000.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 23, 2015 08:42

bitusa2012
emotionalbarbecue
I may understand why media analize the album as soon as possible. That´s the way it is. That is the way they work. Time pressure etc...

But in a stones fan forum....

We know how hard is to listen stones music. We must hear again and again and again for a long time until we taste the first fruits...

So I can't understand this entire thread. Every page of it. It is beyond me.

MOST media do not ANALIZE a record, they review it. They HEAR it and decide if it's any good to their ears. MOST do not analize. SOME try and put a contextual spin on what they are hearing, most dont.

the notion that media ANALIZE a record. where does it come from? grinning smiley
bitusa2012 is completely right
usually they paraphrase the press kit (if they do care enough) and mix that with some stereotypes, there is plenty of it exspecially on keith...
you have to look deeper in specialized press and magazine to find a deeper insight and sometimes it's not enough

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: September 23, 2015 09:20

In Germany it entered #4 this week

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 23, 2015 10:34

georgelicks
gotdablouse
Wow, Gilmour is really cleaning up isn't he! Well deserved too with that album of his. Besides he's on tour so that can't hurt.

Yep, he's selling very well and his promotion is way better and big than Keith's one:

- He's on tour, Keith didn't play a single song from the album
- He released 4 or 5 different versions of the album, that helps a lot because the old die hard fans are buying the same album different times to get all the versions.
Keith's album is pretty cheap made, no special editions.
- He released a video for the first single on Youtube, another one is coming and he has lots of interviews about the making of the album there. Keith's "Trouble" is an audio only track and sounds like hell on Youtube and still isn't fixed after 2+ months.
- He made a great interview with his wife on CBS while Keith spent what, 5 minutes, on Fallon's show?

To be fair you cant expect Keith to out sell Dave Gilmour, even the Stones would struggle to do that
But i do agree keiths album could of been marketed much better and he really should of played a few numbers on a few tv shows instead of just answering the same questions over and over in interviews
Interviews don't show the album to anyone, they just show Keith

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 23, 2015 10:50

Gilmour's new album is really boring thumbs down
He can make even a solo tour...but 'Rattle that lock' remains boring.

Date: September 23, 2015 11:40

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 18:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 23, 2015 12:18

35love
On the Best Buy bonus track 'Love Overdue' w/ Lee 'Scratch' Perry-
maybe a 'dumb' question,
the 'scratch' sound at the end? It is like a high pitch noise, maybe only me and the dogs hear it?
What is that?
(and I read the CD footnotes before asking...nada...)
Thanks!

Always remember to turn the phone off in the studio.
Scratch is probably receiving text messages on the cell. heh spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sounds like digital background noise from the plug-ins.
no one cared about such things when it was all analog delays and other gadgets.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 23, 2015 13:17

Don't care about sales. (Although I'm happy it's going so well, appararently...)
Really wanna talk music...

Piano lick on "Blues in the Morning" is taken from Chuck Berry's "Little Queenie". Anybody agree?

Would love to see if we all, joined forces, could reach a comprehensive list of all references like these; obvious inspirations for riffs, licks, breaks & things....

Some earlier reflected the "Demon" familiarity in whats-that-track-named-again...; EDIT: musthave been "Illusion"... Listening to it right now; that 'ta-da-daa, ta-da-daa, dàààà...' is unmistakeable. smoking smiley
...and in the early "Trouble"-days people heard stuff from "Can't You Hear me Knocking" and "How I Wish" in there.

Date: September 23, 2015 13:39

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 18:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: September 23, 2015 14:20

DandelionPowderman
Keith's piano licks toward the end of Heartstopper are awesome, almost ABBA-esque.
!

Yes!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 23, 2015 14:39

RoughJusticeOnYa
...and in the early "Trouble"-days people heard stuff from "Can't You Hear me Knocking" and "How I Wish" in there.

...I wouldn't go that far smiling smiley ...

Posted by: SL818 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 14:45

Bashlets

best since Tattoo You? You can not be serious!eye popping smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...161162163164165166167168169170171...LastNext
Current Page: 166 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home