Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...141142143144145146147148149150151...LastNext
Current Page: 146 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 18, 2015 00:46

keefriffhards
pepganzo
kid killowatt
KRiffhard
pepganzo
I think that One More Shot in this album could be cool.
What a shame.

I agree Pep

Yeah...."One More Shot" instead of "Just a Gift" seems fine.

I can live without "Blues in the morning" & "Crosseyed Heart" (the song) anyway.
"Irene" is nice cover.....but for a single B-side

This.
Just a gift is the only track that I dont like at the moment.
CH is a great start for an album. Keith feels the blues and played it like a black bluesman. From the other hand I think that the good things about the album are the desire of Keith about play different stuff and the good sound of this Lp. Keith plays very well also the bass. In my opinion Amnesia; CH and nothing on me are the best tacks of the album at the same level of Illusion that is a gem.

mmm that's disappointing if nothing on me is the best track

Keefriffhards you need to listen for yourself, there may be other songs that will pique your interest. You asked about Locked Away, I think Suspicious will cover that base. As for You Don't Move Me, just play You Don't Move Me. winking smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 18, 2015 00:53

Don't know if it's already mentioned but the Japanese version of the cd has the same bonus track as on the "Best Buy" cd.

price drop for KEITH RICHARDS new cd at amzon
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 17, 2015 17:50

hi everyone,i thought i saw price of £9.99 last few days ago now its drop down to
£7.99 GOOD PRICE AT AMZON,good luck

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:04

Maindefender
keefriffhards
pepganzo
kid killowatt
KRiffhard
pepganzo
What a shame.

I agree Pep

I can live without "Blues in the morning" & "Crosseyed Heart" (the song) anyway.

This.
CH is a great start for an album. Keith feels the blues and played it like a black bluesman. From the other hand I think that the good things about the album are the desire of Keith about play different stuff and the good sound of this Lp. Keith plays very well also the bass. In my opinion Amnesia; CH and nothing on me are the best tacks of the album at the same level of Illusion that is a gem.

Keefriffhards you need to listen for yourself, there may be other songs that will pique your interest. You asked about Locked Away, I think Suspicious will cover that base. As for You Don't Move Me, just play You Don't Move Me. winking smiley

lol yes i do realise that
I doubt Nothing On Me will be the best track for me as i prefer Trouble and Robbed Blind
I'm just getting impatient

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:05

Maindefender
keefriffhards
pepganzo
kid killowatt
KRiffhard
pepganzo
What a shame.

I agree Pep

This.

I, for one, want more than my interest piqued, that's been well accomplished with the run up....I want satisfaction! smoking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:24

pepganzo
What a shame.

It was already released. This was not a 30 year remaster bonus track version

Date: September 18, 2015 01:38

Naturalust
Maindefender
keefriffhards
pepganzo
kid killowatt
KRiffhard
pepganzo
What a shame.

I agree Pep

This.

I, for one, want more than my interest piqued, that's been well accomplished with the run up....I want satisfaction! smoking smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 02:13

LeonidP
pepganzo
What a shame.

It was already released. This was not a 30 year remaster bonus track version

What is this obsession with one more shot?
It's a very mediocre song. Classic stones by numbers. Nothing new or innovative
Most of the tracks on Crosseyed Heart are better

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 18, 2015 02:19

Green Lady
Nice interview from the Guardian.

[www.theguardian.com]

Nice indeed. Thanks, Green Lady.

Nice Mark Seliger photo, too.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 18, 2015 02:52

georgelicks
The album finally leaked on the internet with good quality, just 1 day before the release date, not bad at all.

Listening to the flac now. Amazing quality, very sweet. So glad I ordered the CD, which arrives tomorrow. Great job, Keef!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 02:57

One More Shot was just short of classic Stones. Whereas KR gets away with groove and underproducing his album, the Stones did not do that, and so the song seems like it's missing something, but it didn't have to be that way. Also, Jordan and Keith record Keith's voice close-miked, and then up in the mix. Jagger's voice has a lot of apparent level, as producers call it, and cuts through. That's why it always sounded so great underneath loads of tracks, as on Exile. The Stones version of One More Shot is undercooked for a modern MJ vocal. His voice worked better barking out Doom and Gloom with its huge beat.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 18, 2015 03:02

I love when I learn something here...thank you, TeddyB.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 18, 2015 03:06

Got mine from BEST BUY today. Im literally in awe. The ballad Suspicious is wonderful. SOMETHING FOR NOTHING may be my favorite with the Harlem choir, and it rocks. Just A Gift, Irene, and Lovers Plea are all killer. ILLUSION I think I need a few more listens to, and BLUES IN THE MORNING is great musically but a little generic but Keith is ripping it up so it fits in great. So I burned a copy for my car stereo and went on a cruise. Mick, I hope you are listening because to me this album makes even a bigger statement than Talk is Cheap did. Can you f_cking imagine if Jagger sung these quality songs with the heartfelt sentiment that Keith has. It would be insane.
If the Stones record, they have a tough act to follow. Serious folks.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 05:12

Bashlets
Got mine from BEST BUY today. Im literally in awe. The ballad Suspicious is wonderful. SOMETHING FOR NOTHING may be my favorite with the Harlem choir, and it rocks. Just A Gift, Irene, and Lovers Plea are all killer. ILLUSION I think I need a few more listens to, and BLUES IN THE MORNING is great musically but a little generic but Keith is ripping it up so it fits in great. So I burned a copy for my car stereo and went on a cruise. Mick, I hope you are listening because to me this album makes even a bigger statement than Talk is Cheap did. Can you f_cking imagine if Jagger sung these quality songs with the heartfelt sentiment that Keith has. It would be insane.

There's no way Jagger should be involved in any future Stones recordings; it is now clearer than ever before: FREE KEITH!!! The last time Keith had this amount of control, he produced LET IT BLEED, which is apparently almost as good as CROSSEYED HEART. The sky's the limit once Keith is freed from the shackles of Mick-dom!

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 05:40

Best wishes, Keith, on the solo project!

And then hurry up and get the boyz together while the creative juices are flowing! Everyone's doing really good solo projects lately, and we always say the sum is greater than the parts here, so get it together while the gettin's good.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: September 18, 2015 05:58

Listening to it now on Spotify! Sounds great!!

Funny how you can easily tell that it's Steve Jordan on drums. Very different style than Charlie

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 18, 2015 06:11

Wow, just listening now .... highly impressed with both Cross Eyed Heart and Heatstopper. Up next, Amnesia!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 18, 2015 06:35

Bashlets

*Great review, waiting to listen to it all tomorrow morning! Sweet!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 18, 2015 06:37

LOCKED AWAY is my favorite Keith solo song ever. That said, this album is very powerful. The songs have arrangements that are so deep seated in blues, Memphis soul, funk, and country. I just listened to it for the third time and Im a little tired, but Im amazed by the melodies. To me, this sounds just so pure and organic. When was the last time he sounded this inspired? The bar has been set pretty high for the next Stones album imho.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 18, 2015 06:42

I'm just up to track 8 and digging the hell out of this record. I could listen to a whole album worth of Love is Overdue-style, but I'm biased b/c I listen to more reggae than anything. Seems like a fantastic record so far.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: September 18, 2015 07:18

What a voice Norah Jones has. The way she smoothly comes into Illusion is just wonderful!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 07:30

Green Lady
Nice interview from the Guardian.

[www.theguardian.com]

And a short but positive review

[www.theguardian.com]

Keith is his own main offender.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 18, 2015 07:45

Listening to this on iTunes.
Sounds great!

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: September 18, 2015 08:29

This is definitely the best solo album he has done in the last twenty years!

Posted by: winos ()
Date: September 18, 2015 08:36

Just bought the cd today the songs are interesting, playing is great but I think the engineering & production are ordinary, it sounds a bit sparse and muddy plus Keith's vocals are a bit too close up in the mix.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: September 18, 2015 08:54

TeddyB1018
One More Shot was just short of classic Stones. Whereas KR gets away with groove and underproducing his album, the Stones did not do that, and so the song seems like it's missing something, but it didn't have to be that way. Also, Jordan and Keith record Keith's voice close-miked, and then up in the mix. Jagger's voice has a lot of apparent level, as producers call it, and cuts through. That's why it always sounded so great underneath loads of tracks, as on Exile. The Stones version of One More Shot is undercooked for a modern MJ vocal. His voice worked better barking out Doom and Gloom with its huge beat.

The 2012 PPV version of One More Shot rips(lots of conviction) and I'm glad I got to hear it in 2013!

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: September 18, 2015 09:19

Turner68
What is this obsession with one more shot?
It's a very mediocre song. Classic stones by numbers. Nothing new or innovative
Most of the tracks on Crosseyed Heart are better

Maybe because it's Keith's song interpreted by Mick. I agree that it sounds pretty mediocre, Stones by numbers, etc, but maybe Mick didn't do it up right. I would love to hear how Keith would deliver it. Could suck, could be a real shot in the arm.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 18, 2015 09:26

undertheradar
This is definitely the best solo album he has done in the last twenty years!
+1

Date: September 18, 2015 09:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 18:29 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 09:49

winos
Just bought the cd today the songs are interesting, playing is great but I think the engineering & production are ordinary, it sounds a bit sparse and muddy plus Keith's vocals are a bit too close up in the mix.

I'd guess that all your descriptions of the production were the intent.

Dig the Lenny quote by way of KR...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...141142143144145146147148149150151...LastNext
Current Page: 146 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home