Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: September 11, 2015 06:51

I read a great joke that Keith told in an interview once:

"What do Deadheads say when they run out of pot?"

"This band sucks"

Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Date: September 11, 2015 08:44

tumbled
Holy crap he has a huge dent there Turner..and he let the interviewer touch it and remember he let Ahmet Ertegun touch it backstage at a stones show and Ahmet died in the restroom directly thereafter remember????? Was it 2003?

Keith record bonus track at Best Buy
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: September 10, 2015 16:16

I got some blurb that if I buy the record at Best Buy there is an extra Lee Perry track I can't get if I buy anywhere else is that right? Thanks.

Re: Keith record bonus track at Best Buy
Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: September 10, 2015 16:22

right

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 10, 2015 16:35

[www.bestbuy.com]

I need to get my hands on that bonus track somehow spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: September 10, 2015 17:41

The bonus track has the same title as track 6 so it must be an alternative version rather than another song. Big deal.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 10, 2015 17:42

I pre-ordered the CD from Keith's website so that I could tack on the guitar pics. Now it appears that I can't get the bonus song unless I order a second copy from Best Buy.
I find these kinds of marketing schemes extremely annoying. angry smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 10, 2015 17:52

Yes - and equally annoying is the fact that Best Buy doesn't ship internationally, so those of us living outside the US have to jump through hoops if we want to get the bonus teack.

Date: September 10, 2015 17:55

Maybe ask Best Buy to ship it to a IORR friend in the US first?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 10, 2015 18:23

latebloomer
I pre-ordered the CD from Keith's website so that I could tack on the guitar pics. Now it appears that I can't get the bonus song unless I order a second copy from Best Buy.
so if you order from Keith's website the new CD comes with a guitar pick ?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 10, 2015 18:57

TheGreek
latebloomer

Keith's site has "bundled packages" available in both CD and vinyl. Included are shirt, hoody, container with picks, etc. Some copies will be signed. It's been available for some time now.

Date: September 10, 2015 18:58

TheGreek
latebloomer

You can add various things, like t-shirts, etc.,for an additional cost, of course. The guitar pics were the cheapest add-on and make a nice gift for my guitar playing son. cool smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 10, 2015 19:27

DandelionPowderman
Maybe ask Best Buy to ship it to a IORR friend in the US first?

Exactly what I did - am having it shipped to a friend and fellow fan over there who'll then send it to me!

Date: September 10, 2015 19:38

If you can't get it where you live, I can buy a few and ship them across the pond. Just send me an email.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 10, 2015 19:38

I'm sure the bonus song will be available on the interwebs.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 10, 2015 20:46

Harlem Shuffler
The bonus track has the same title as track 6 so it must be an alternative version rather than another song. Big deal.

Big deal? It's got Lee @#$%& "Scratch" Perry's voodoo all over it. must have.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 10, 2015 21:00

latebloomer
If you can't get it where you live, I can buy a few and ship them across the pond. Just send me an email.

...Thanx! Just did that. Cheerz!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 10, 2015 21:15

Thanks for the info--I just ordered it from B.Buy..
I can play it in my car.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:11

I ordered one from Ebay two weeks ago.

Keith in Billboard. Plans to play solo gigs this fall.
Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: September 10, 2015 22:59

Re: Keith in Billboard. Plans to play solo gigs this fall.
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 10, 2015 23:14

good read. thanks

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 10, 2015 23:36

This interview probably took place weeks ago. There will be no gigs, believe me.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 10, 2015 23:39

Nice read. He's got back some of that wit of his.
I don't hink the reference to Ron's father was useful but hey that's Keith "whoops" Richards!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:17

HMS
This interview probably took place weeks ago. There will be no gigs, believe me.

It's hard to be certain at this point but I would clarify that it is unlikely we will see a tour or any full shows from Keith. I still think the possibility of him playing one or two songs from the record during one of his upcoming TV appearances is pretty good. Technically one could consider that a "gig". I know what you meant HMS, I just want to keep the hope alive for some performances of these new tunes. smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:19

One never knows...

I suppose it's safe to assume such a thing, that he won't. But with the Stones touring the past 3 years and a new album... he could do a short run. And he's still fine enough, clearly, to last a 2 hour gig.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:26

people used to say keith was full of it when he talked about working on a new album in interviews... and then the album came out. no reason not to hope that he's going to tour.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:27

GasLightStreet
One never knows...

I suppose it's safe to assume such a thing, that he won't. But with the Stones touring the past 3 years and a new album... he could do a short run. And he's still fine enough, clearly, to last a 2 hour gig.

Yeah he can play guitar for 2 hours, but can he play and sing and front a band for two hours? Even he has expressed doubts about that, not a good sign. I think if he got enough players to cover his parts he could pull it off but I'm thinking that's not the image he really want's to project. As it is this record is almost all Keith, it's being received well and I'd actually prefer to leave it at that rather that to see him struggle and/or have too many others playing his parts from the record.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:41

Irrelevant having others playing his parts live. That's been done for years with the Stones. A record is just that. Live it's different.

This next Stones tour finishes in whenever, March 2016 and... can anyone truly believe they'll do a new record? I find it very difficult to believe.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:49

GasLightStreet
Irrelevant having others playing his parts live. That's been done for years with the Stones. A record is just that. Live it's different.

This next Stones tour finishes in whenever, March 2016 and... can anyone truly believe they'll do a new record? I find it very difficult to believe.

If Keith's record does well it will increase the chances of the stones doing one I think.
I think they've felt really stung by the relative failures of their studio efforts
A successful Keith record will be good for all stones fans I think. We gotta keep the old codgers happy and motivated.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: September 11, 2015 01:00

know what would be interesting. something totally surprising and unexpected. three unannounced shows at the ryman in nashville. 45 minutes with waddy & co. and 45 minutes with the cream of nashville playing country and western he loves.

and

say 5 club shows in tokyo. just ambush shows announced the day before. or maybe 2 ambush club shows in NYC and 2 in london. but something that says WOW.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home