Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: August 20, 2015 20:09

I'm really looking forward to the album now! Listening to Amnesia again - and it's great!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 20, 2015 20:15

with sssoul
Naturalust
I am not criticizing Keith, actually praising his singing on this record, just pointing out
that no one picked up on this widened vocal range and mature peak this summer. It will be interesting to see
how he pulls off these vocals live, standing up with a guitar in his hand.

Naturally a lot of things are easier in the studio, but even though no one called it a "mature peak",
pretty much everyone remarked on how strong his singing was this summer. Mick's too.

I didn't have any complaints about the singing this summer, Mick in particular was really ON for most songs and shows. It was delightful to see. I must have just missed similar comments about Keith but am probably a bit biased because I'm a bit weary of the 2 Keith songs he did all tour.

What is interesting is that just about everybody, including me, has noticed an improvement on this latest record. I was expecting a few rough vocals and he seems to have delivered great performances on every song. He certainly has a reason to be proud of this one.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: August 20, 2015 20:43

There's more bass in his voice than before — typical of singers as they age.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 21:32

Cool great song

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 20, 2015 22:47

Uh, excuse me, Zipcode '15 San Diego got Keith singing
Slipping Away! and
BTMMR

No Happy, but I was Happy I was there! Woo Hoo!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 20, 2015 23:13

Finally spent a good amount of time with Amnesia today...what a delightful song Keith has created! There are so many lovely little parts. He seems to have had a really good time with this one, can almost see him in the studio laughing as he made his way through the lyrics.

A few things...I don't think passport is plural, I hear him just popping the "t" at the end for emphasis. The break with the drums is very cool, and I too hear echos of Steely Dan in some of the guitar work.

I had an instant image of one of my favorite children's books in these lines:

Thought I met mother - ha!
She said you don't belong to me

...and I wondered if Keith is familiar with it. Perhaps he read it to his own children or grandchildren? smiling smiley

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: August 21, 2015 02:15

Any chance someone would be kind enough to send a link! Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-21 04:40 by U2Stonesfan.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 21, 2015 04:27

you can listen to Amnesia as the first unlocked song from the treasure hunt on www.crosseyedheart.com there will be one unlocked each week

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: August 21, 2015 04:52

Amnesia is a very interesting track. I like it. A lot. It does seem to have gone through quite a bit of post production to my ear (the piano notes over the top of the groove, for example) but hey, sounds great. The sax is a nice touch. Excited for the new album. Bring it on!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-21 04:52 by goinhome.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 21, 2015 07:01

I'm loving Amnesia as well as Trouble. Good quality Keef! Can't wait until Monday for the next song.

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: August 21, 2015 14:09

goddammit...I love amnesia!

stripped down rock and roll keith style with everything i like to hear out of an amplifier. bad stuff man!

Posted by: tele15 ()
Date: August 21, 2015 14:54

Great song!

Send me the link please

db7715@hotmail.fr

thank!!!!

Love this music

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 21, 2015 15:15

Great track, and it sounds like all the guitar parts are Keiths.

Date: August 21, 2015 15:18

[www.keithrichards.com]

This is for the computer illiterate like myself. Here is the link to Amnesia. It's the unlocked song in the upper left hand corner. My god, I figured out how to copy and paste.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: August 21, 2015 15:33

Maybe it's just me, but I could hear Mick singing the verse and then write a great chorus on top, and it could have been a hell of a stones track.

Anyway, definitely enjoyed this for what it is, nothing more, nothing less :-)

Date: August 21, 2015 15:45

Keith writes very differently than Mick. Prior to STEEL WHEELS, the Stones would jam in the studio for long stretches of time to get the right groove. I remember some Jagger interview in late 1988 in which he said something to the effect that if the Stones do another album, he wants it prepared prior to the studio, not written in the studio like all the previous albums. I think Keith needs the time to jam it out to get what he wants as were Mick maybe more concerned with a deadline and just wants it done. Yeah, i could be talking out of my arse but i think this is a valid point.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 21, 2015 15:51

Is it the 24th yet?..…haha

Date: August 21, 2015 15:51

Bashlets
Keith writes very differently than Mick. Prior to STEEL WHEELS, the Stones would jam in the studio for long stretches of time to get the right groove. I remember some Jagger interview in late 1988 in which he said something to the effect that if the Stones do another album, he wants it prepared prior to the studio, not written in the studio like all the previous albums. I think Keith needs the time to jam it out to get what he wants as were Mick maybe more concerned with a deadline and just wants it done. Yeah, i could be talking out of my arse but i think this is a valid point.

And yet he went straight to the studio for writing songs there with Keith for SW grinning smiley

Earlier, they wrote songs everywhere: on the train, in cafes, you name it - so Mick's "truth" is a little sketchy here...

Date: August 21, 2015 16:15

Bashlets

It's an *essential* point.

Mick tolerated the Keith method less and less, until A Bigger Bang, where he got his way. Keith came to the project with three songs -- and he got three songs on the record.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-21 16:15 by Mel Belli.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 21, 2015 16:19

Maindefender

What about September 18.... Both Keef cd and Netflixx Docu.
Still wondering if the docu will be sold for the public on DVD later.
Jeroen

Date: August 21, 2015 16:49

corriecas
Maindefender

What about September 18.... Both Keef cd and Netflixx Docu.
Still wondering if the docu will be sold for the public on DVD later.
Jeroen

I'm assuming "Under The Influence" will be available in DVD like "Crossfire Hurricane" was. I hope!!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 21, 2015 17:32

Keith is the man when it comes to song writing
The best stuff comes when he is ON
The best live performances are when he is ON
Jagger is struggling when it comes to writing
He needs Keith, but since Tattoo You he has not used Keith properly
You want evidence !! Keith's new album when it comes out

Date: August 21, 2015 17:57

I think, too, Mick is a stickler for trad song arrangments: verse-chorus-bridge, etc.

Keith is either incapable of or uninterested in adhering to forumula. Take "Nothing on Me." It's got an A, B, and C section, but none that you could readily identify as the verse, chorus, or bridge. ... Playing that tune on guitar yesterday, I thought, There's probably two people who could turn this into a song. One is Keith and the other (when he's so inclined) is Mick.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: August 21, 2015 18:05

I like Amnesia better than Trouble.
Somehow it makes me think of Stiff Upper Lip by ACDC.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 21, 2015 18:09

keefriffhards
Keith is the man when it comes to song writing
The best stuff comes when he is ON
The best live performances are when he is ON
Jagger is struggling when it comes to writing
He needs Keith

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up Yes, yes yes!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 21, 2015 18:20

Mel Belli
I think, too, Mick is a stickler for trad song arrangments: verse-chorus-bridge, etc.

Keith is either incapable of or uninterested in adhering to forumula. Take "Nothing on Me." It's got an A, B, and C section, but none that you could readily identify as the verse, chorus, or bridge. ... Playing that tune on guitar yesterday, I thought, There's probably two people who could turn this into a song. One is Keith and the other (when he's so inclined) is Mick.

Yess,yes,yes! Mick´s way of song-writing is some kind of "writing by numbers", because he is not a musician in the sense that Keith is. With Mick´s songs you always know what comes next. They are simple because he doesn´t know better. Keith´s solo-songs are often much more "complicated" than Stones-songs are. At first listening his songs often sound weird, not catchy enough, you have to get used to them. Mick writes songs using his brain, Keith writes songs using his heart and guts.
Meanwhile I´ve learned to like Trouble a bit, but Amnesia for me is still difficult to enjoy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-21 18:36 by HMS.

Date: August 21, 2015 18:22

I still can't wrap myself around Nothing On Me. I do hear some possible nice fills and I like the first half but the refrain takes up a good 45 to 60 seconds which tends to drag it out to the end.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 21, 2015 18:45

The sax on Amnesia keeps making me smile -
thanks and praises, Bobby, and all kinds of blessings

Date: August 21, 2015 19:30

HMS
Mel Belli

Yess,yes,yes! Mick´s way of song-writing is some kind of "writing by numbers", because he is not a musician in the sense that Keith is. With Mick´s songs you always know what comes next. They are simple because he doesn´t know better. Keith´s solo-songs are often much more "complicated" than Stones-songs are. At first listening his songs often sound weird, not catchy enough, you have to get used to them. Mick writes songs using his brain, Keith writes songs using his heart and guts.
Meanwhile I´ve learned to like Trouble a bit, but Amnesia for me is still difficult to enjoy.

I largely agree with this, although I'd say Mick's "brain-level," versus Keith's "gut-level," writing still yields some great results. But, yeah, sometimes he paints by numbers. "Keys to Your Love" has a great hook. Then the bridge arrives, and it makes you gag.

Then again, he turned Keith's middle-eight section for "Sparks Will Fly" into something great and dramatic.

And Keith wrote Mick a great bridge for "New Faces."

So go figure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-21 19:31 by Mel Belli.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 21, 2015 21:49

HMS
Mel Belli

Yes Yes and No. Amnesia is very good even for album filler, Its hard at this stage, for Keith to be considered anything but good or better.
I am gob smacked that he has not created more music in the last ten years out of some miss guided loyalty to Mick.
I had no idea Keith could still be this good.
Mainly because he just did not make a solo or a Stones album in ten years
and also because i have heard so many negative comments about Keith over the years on IORR that i started to believe it !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home