Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: July 17, 2015 19:30

crumbling_mice
Looking forward to hearing Keith's version of 'Goodnight Irene@ great old song and I think perfect for Keith's voice...this is what i want from him, classic old songs. You can keep the 5 string suspended rock songs which simply aren't good enough these days.

thumbs up

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 19:31

Just played the YT version three times through; love it! Cool, spare, groovy rock'n'roll

Not a major song, just a highly enjoyable rock'n'roll strut smiling smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 17, 2015 20:14

I am not a musician,but l don't like Steve Jordan style of drumming and on this track to my amateur ears it doesn't sound good at all,like the beat or something is missing....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 20:52

I am having Trouble with Trouble. Seems I now have my work cut out for me as I think I can create something on par with this track. Seriously. I know it is easy to be a critic and I have admired Keith and the Stones work for decades. I love the names of some of titles; Blues in Morning, Robbed Blind. My first impression of "Trouble" is that it initially reminded me of Can't You Hear me Knocking-guitar wise. That in and of itself is not a knock, just stating my opinion. I just felt overall the song was very mediocre. After 20 years between solo efforts I was hoping for more and how knows, maybe the other tracks will knock my socks off. In them meantime, I will use this as encouragement to finish some tracks I have been working on as they now seem to be at least on par with what I heard. Thank you and look forward to 2015 (hopefully) and 2016 Keith shows with and w/ out the Stones.

Posted by: JackHampshire ()
Date: July 17, 2015 20:59

I really enjoy Trouble quite a lot. It made a big difference to play the official purchased song on a stereo rather than listening to a compressed single edit from a website on a phone. It's a good fun rocker, guitars and vocals are fine, and the lyrics amusing. Even my wife,who is not a fan, said she couldn't get it out of her head after hearing it once. I understand people having different tastes, but when somebody refers to this song as "crap" I have absolutely no respect for them. Thanks, Keith!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 17, 2015 21:22

I like Trouble. Classic Keith, messy and rolling strong. Can't wait for the
rest of the tracks.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 17, 2015 22:25

Billboard's announcement

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 17, 2015 22:30

Just like one more shot opening sounded like
Street Fighting Man. Lazy.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 17, 2015 22:39

A source on Rocks off said that Trouble used to be called Just Because back when it was a baby song in 2002.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 17, 2015 23:07

Love the background acoustic guitar throughout the song.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 17, 2015 23:22

tumbled
A source on Rocks off said that Trouble used to be called Just Because back when it was a baby song in 2002.

2002? Sessions?confused smiley

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 17, 2015 23:24

KRiffhard
tumbled

2002? Sessions?confused smiley

The Don't Stop, Keys To Your Love etc from Forty Licks. Apparently people have uncirculated tapes from those sessions. Why people hoard and don't share I'll never know.

Date: July 17, 2015 23:29

The source on Rocksoff.org is TeddyB! Many thanks Teddy! So this song comes from Licks sessions?

Date: July 17, 2015 23:39

...there are others songs from that sessions?

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 18, 2015 00:10

IrelandCalling4
Just played the YT version three times through; love it! Cool, spare, groovy rock'n'roll

Not a major song, just a highly enjoyable rock'n'roll strut smiling smiley

That's how I feel. I've also been listening on youtube a number of times. Not the best ever but it sounds like a familiar Keith sound to me. It's great that he's recording and releasing music, and having fun and being active. thumbs upsmiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 18, 2015 00:34

Naturalust
ROPENI
HMS
Played the long version over and over. Still don´t like it. This will never grow on me. A very weak effort, almost no melody and a senseless uninspired mish-mash of guitars. Worst song Keith ever offered to us. If he releases this crap as a single, what will the album be like? Oh my God. But not all hope is lost. The Stones released the horrible Streets Of Love as a single, but the album itself is not bad at all. I hope the same for Crosseyed Heart. After Trouble it can only get better.
thumbs up

I think you guys are probably in luck if the review from the Steve Hoffman forum is correct. He says Trouble is the worst of the lot. smoking smiley

Couldn't find a review there other than a copy/paste of the Uncut one : [www.uncut.co.uk] ?

Found that sentence to be weird : "The recording is beautiful: airy and warm, and you might hope the rest of the album sounded like this"...sounds like a bit of a put down? I guess it goes with "some of the tracks feel like generic mid-tempo trans-Atlantic rockers." whatever that means !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: July 18, 2015 00:49

I think Keith' main guitar and the drums are not really thight together which kind of kills the groove for me. Keith plays as if there was Charlie sitting behind him but Steve Jordan is a completely different drummer.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 18, 2015 00:49

Here's the post from the Hoffman forum:

"Heard it all last night - there are country songs, electric blues, an acoustic blues, some things like Trouble (which is the least good of those IMO but the most Stones-like so makes sense as first single) and a bit of reggae.

It's very much Keith World - you have to go to it rather than it come to you, but once you're there it's pretty great..."

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 18, 2015 00:52

Thanks, had just bumped into via RO, not exactly what could be called a "review" but some interesting hints nonetheless ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:18

KRiffhard
The source on Rocksoff.org is TeddyB! Many thanks Teddy! So this song comes from Licks sessions?

Yes. Heard 'em, don't have 'em to share. It's funny just because this is the one I remember best of those they didn't finish, and it was nagging me what song Trouble reminded me of, and it turned out to be itself, which was pointed out to me by someone else who had noticed it. Keith's solo version has been completely recut, of course.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:25

bye bye johnny
Here's the post from the Hoffman forum:

"Heard it all last night - there are country songs, electric blues, an acoustic blues, some things like Trouble (which is the least good of those IMO but the most Stones-like so makes sense as first single) and a bit of reggae.

It's very much Keith World - you have to go to it rather than it come to you, but once you're there it's pretty great..."

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

thumbs up

Yes. That'S my impression with most of Keith's records.

When I first listend to "Talk Is Cheap" (you know, I had to buy it, place it on the vinylplayer to get my first impressions of it, hehehe), I really thought of bring it back to the record store and get my money back. I'm ashamed now about this, but that's what happend.

Well, I didn't return the record, but listened twice, then a third time. Well, you can guess how it went on from there.

I love Keith. No compromises ...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:39

Digging it more and more each time I listen to it.

Kickin'!!!!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:53

TeddyB1018
KRiffhard

Yes. Heard 'em, don't have 'em to share. It's funny just because this is the one I remember best of those they didn't finish, and it was nagging me what song Trouble reminded me of, and it turned out to be itself, which was pointed out to me by someone else who had noticed it. Keith's solo version has been completely recut, of course.

Great information!
I remember asking if JUST BECAUSE (when you brought the title up TeddyB1018) was a cover of the Jerry Lee Lewis song.
It was not.
I would like to hear the LICKS SESSIONS 2002 ROLLING STONES VERSION.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 01:56 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 18, 2015 02:17

Trouble is an ok song IMO typical keith sounding would be stones song

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 18, 2015 02:25

KRiffhard
...there are others songs from that sessions?

YES.
Check out www.nzentgraf.de and click may 2002. There's the list.
- Don’t Stop I (MJ/KR) -Forty Licks-version
- Don’t Stop II (MJ/KR) -edit
- Don’t Stop III (MJ/KR) -New Rock Mix
- Don’t Stop IV (MJ/KR) -call out hook
- Extreme Western Grip (MJ/KR) -Four Flicks-version
- Hurricane (MJ/KR)
- Keys To Your Love (MJ/KR) -Forty Licks-version
- Losing My Touch (MJ/KR) -Forty Licks-version
- Love Is For Me (Art Neville/George Porter Jr./Leo Nocentelli/Ziggy Modeliste )
-unconfirmed
- Only Found Out Yesterday (KR) -unverified
- Smooth 180 (MJ/KR) -KR on vocals; unverified
- Stealing My Heart (MJ/KR) -Forty Licks-version
- Still In Love VI (MJ/KR) -unverified recut
- Well Well (MJ/KR) -Four Flicks-version
+ unknown blues ( ) -rehearsal ("You Better Leave That Man Alone")
+ more (probably all unfinished; 28 songs/ideas in all)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 02:35 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 18, 2015 02:29

in america we have a term-"homer" a guy who backs his team right or wrong no matter what.

that's how i am about this one.if keiths playing i'm listening.

trouble isn't the greatest song,it goes on a bit too long and the riff sounds like alot of his worst attempts at the opening of can you hear me knockin,you know what,i dont care.
i'm just happy he's playing,out there working and making music.i'll buy the record and listen to it a million times because i'm sure keith did his best and that's good enough for me.

there's a reason mick and keith don't write together anymore-because the burden is just too much.can you imagine sitting down with an acoustic guitar and looking across at you're songwriting partner and knowing you have to come up with something that will be compared to the greatest songs rock and roll,or the music world in general,have ever heard?

jagger/richards is better than bob dylan,better than lennon/ mccartney,better than pete townshend and better than any other songwriters you want to name-yeah,i said it,deal with it.
so you'll have the twins and charlie and ronnie blowing away football stadiums full of people until they decide they dont want to anymore,in the meantime let's just enjoy their side projects for what they are and be glad we still have both of them,all of them, playing and making music for us.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 18, 2015 02:30

Wonder if Mick's secretly digging it right now??? Maybe he'll admit it this time round?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 18, 2015 02:50

shadooby
Wonder if Mick's secretly digging it right now??? Maybe he'll admit it this time round?

I wondered the same thing. Keith probably gave him an early version of the record, may have even offered some of the tunes up for the Stones. I am thinking Mick probably likes this one better than BTMMR. smoking smiley

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 18, 2015 03:28

Naturalust
shadooby

I wondered the same thing. Keith probably gave him an early version of the record, may have even offered some of the tunes up for the Stones. I am thinking Mick probably likes this one better than BTMMR. smoking smiley

No..doubt MJ has even listened to it..they are not friends, but business partners and have no interaction on a personal level .

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 18, 2015 03:53

Brstonesfan
Naturalust
shadooby

No..doubt MJ has even listened to it..they are not friends, but business partners and have no interaction on a personal level .

My god man, of course they are friends. They may not be vacationing together anymore but no doubt they still share a pretty special brotherly love. There are threads about this though so I won't try to drive the point home. Besides a record by Keith is a business thing, they are songwriting partners and in the music business after all. Of course Mick would be interested in what Keith recorded, imo.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1492
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home