Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:59

keefriffhards
RipThisBone
keefriffhards
RipThisBone
crumbling_mice
Maybe it's a grower...I hope so because on the initial two listens I'm very disappointed. It's all a bit formulaic and the song itself doesn't seem to be well crafted. On the positives, his vocals are excellent and it's great to hear him singing so well, but I had hoped for better after all these years putting together this album. Ronnie, for me, is a better song writer these days, but I'm sure I will find other songs on the album that I love.

I agree with you.
First time I heard Doom & Gloom I wanted to play it again and again and again, day in day out. Can't see that happening with Trouble alas.

Sorry but you have got to be kidding. Just played it for the 4th time and its a great single. Doom and bloody gloom .
The man is 72 this year !!! any other artist near that age coming up with better ???
I do think the album may have what your looking for, but for a single its a winner !!!

Hi keefriffhards! Ooooohhh, You shouldn't TAKE IT SO HARD Yeah Yeah! Yank it up Baby and What do you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!!
I think it is a weak sign to bring up "the age" of a person to defend his abilities (as a songwriter).
Have you heard the 1985 unreleased Dirty Work Outtake TALK IS CHEAP yet? Now that is a great one!

But i keep playing this "Trouble" again and again and again.
A song has not done this to me for years.
Its making me want to climb to the tallest tree top and say, thank god the Rolling Stones are still doing it.
Can you believe it hot smiley

Keith should be proud of this at any age. Its pure rock and roll coming from his very essence.. Its not Mozart.. The lyrics are every thing they need to be.
Its Thursday night and his ready to rock smoking smiley

thumbs up Great!!!
I will play TALK IS CHEAP (the 1988 solo album) once again tonight (the vinyl one, almost played it to pieces from 1988-1989 waiting for Steel Wheels) and buy the full CROSSEYED HEART album september 18.
PS edit: Most of the time I "skipped" the opening song Big Enough, maybe the second song on CROSSEYED HEART is as great as TAKE IT SO HARD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 23:04 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: MrCrossfire ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:08

tumbled
Trouble

Just because you find yourself off the streets again
That don’t mean that I can't help you or I ain't your friend (fixed per GL)

Baby trouble is your middle name
Your trouble is that that’s your game

Now you are out of circulation out of reach and out of touch
Let me keep you in the loop though I can’t tell you much

The trouble is that that’s your game

Just because I can’t see you see you anymore
That’s because honey you’re doing 2-4

Even though you are still inside I could get you off the hook
But I know if I get you out I won’t get a second look

Too much trouble
Too much trouble

Great job on the lyrics. I posted them on Shidoobee. I hope you don't mind. I gave you credit with a little help from Green Lady.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:13

RipThisBone
keefriffhards
RipThisBone
keefriffhards
RipThisBone
crumbling_mice
Maybe it's a grower...I hope so because on the initial two listens I'm very disappointed. It's all a bit formulaic and the song itself doesn't seem to be well crafted. On the positives, his vocals are excellent and it's great to hear him singing so well, but I had hoped for better after all these years putting together this album. Ronnie, for me, is a better song writer these days, but I'm sure I will find other songs on the album that I love.

I agree with you.
First time I heard Doom & Gloom I wanted to play it again and again and again, day in day out. Can't see that happening with Trouble alas.

Sorry but you have got to be kidding. Just played it for the 4th time and its a great single. Doom and bloody gloom .
The man is 72 this year !!! any other artist near that age coming up with better ???
I do think the album may have what your looking for, but for a single its a winner !!!

Hi keefriffhards! Ooooohhh, You shouldn't TAKE IT SO HARD Yeah Yeah! Yank it up Baby and What do you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!!
I think it is a weak sign to bring up "the age" of a person to defend his abilities (as a songwriter).
Have you heard the 1985 unreleased Dirty Work Outtake TALK IS CHEAP yet? Now that is a great one!

Its making me want to climb to the tallest tree top and say, thank god the Rolling Stones are still doing it.

Keith should be proud of this at any age. Its pure rock and roll coming from his very essence.. Its not Mozart.. The lyrics are every thing they need to be.

thumbs up Great!!!
I will play TALK IS CHEAP (the 1988 solo album) once again tonight (the vinyl one, almost played it to pieces from 1988-1989 waiting for Steel Wheels) and buy the full CROSSEYED HEART album september 18.
PS edit: Most of the time I "skipped" the opening song Big Enough, maybe the second song on CROSSEYED HEART is as great as TAKE IT SO HARD.

Woah Big Enough is the most original and exciting thing on TIC!!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:13

Sounds like an outtake from some earlier sessions. Really nice to hear something "new" but hardly a great song, unfortunately - Keith by the numbers. Will listen to it willingly, will buy the album, will treasure it, but let's be honest - not a great song.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:16

The thing is critics, if you don't get it, you don't get it. If you don't hear it or feel it, you wont understand it.
Music can not be explained, you cant intellectualise or theorise it. Its not for train spotters.
I don't and cant, hear or understand Rap.
But i would not criticize something i don't understand. Stick to what you love, and let people love what they love.
Believe it or not this is rock and roll. Ask Chuck Berry or Jerry lee lewis, you either want to get up and get your air guitar out, or you don't.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:17

Oh Mr. Crossfire: Thank you for mentioning it, I don't care really! it was fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 23:18 by tumbled.

Posted by: MrCrossfire ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:48

tumbled
Oh Mr. Crossfire: Thank you for mentioning it, I don't care really! it was fun

I did the lyrics to Plundered My Soul when it came out and it was a work in progress. I got most of it but no matter how hard I tried, I could not make out some of the lyrics. I posted what I thought they were, often with hysterically bad results. Fortunately, like Green Lady, people help me to get them right.

I thought the whole process was fustratingly fun. lol

Anyway, I appreciate the effort.

Date: July 16, 2015 23:49

vertigojoe
RipThisBone
keefriffhards
RipThisBone
keefriffhards
RipThisBone
crumbling_mice

I agree with you.

thumbs up Great!!!

Woah Big Enough is the most original and exciting thing on TIC!!

thumbs up Hope TROUBLE is not the most original and exiting thing on CH!!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:52

I think the title track "cross-eyed heart" will be interesting when it gets out. Isn't it a great day

Date: July 16, 2015 23:58

See below.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 00:01 by RipThisBone.

Date: July 17, 2015 00:00

keefriffhards
The thing is critics, if you don't get it, you don't get it. If you don't hear it or feel it, you wont understand it.
Music can not be explained, you cant intellectualise or theorise it. Its not for train spotters.
But i would not criticize something i don't understand. Stick to what you love, and let people love what they love.
Believe it or not this is rock and roll. Ask Chuck Berry or Jerry lee lewis, you either want to get up and get your air guitar out, or you don't.

thumbs up
Of course I would get my air guitar out for TROUBLE in 2015 if we did not have TAKE IT SO HARD since 1988.
JERRY LEE LEWIS...................hot smiley THE LAST MAN STANDING...I'm gonna play air piano right now!!!

PS edit: You should understand rap (no capital R) very well I think. A normal person like you and I is not interessted to air rap all these lousy/agressive etc. lines to a liveless beat. Rap died with The Sugar Hill Gang in 1979 or so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 00:11 by RipThisBone.

trouble
Posted by: 72hotrocks ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:26

[www.rollingstone.com]

Listen to the new single.It sounds very Keithy.

Re: trouble
Date: July 16, 2015 21:32

A little undercooked.It sounds half-done,right down to the wordless syllables a la "one more shot"If this is the lead single I'm not so sure about the record.Also so many duets is usually not a good sign.

Date: July 16, 2015 21:59

Third listen:
The drums are so muddy it sounds like they were recorded down the street.
Often the guitars are quite muddy too.The guitar solos are not great.
Keith sounds great,and 'the trouble is..' is a nice hook.
Overall,kind of meh.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:15

my first guess: soon to be forgotten
second thought: sounds much like Keith other solo stuff
third thought: rather muddy sound, but that might a problem of internet clips…

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:22

i think it sounds great.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:35

I can't get the link to work confused smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:36

classic Keith.

the backing vocals give it a lot of lift, as does Waddy's playing.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:36

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 22:39 by powerage78.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:42

I love it! Keith's vocals sound just as good as they did in Talk is Cheap or Main Offender (to me, anyway). Love the guitar too. The release date is nice because it helps soften the blow of starting grade 10 in September.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:43

stones2000
I love it! Keith's vocals sound just as good as they did in Talk is Cheap or Main Offender (to me, anyway). Love the guitar too. The release date is nice because it helps soften the blow of starting grade 10 in September.

you're gonna need a little more than that to soften the blow of grade 11, I'm afraid to say winking smiley

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:45

should have played during the zip code tour

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:47

alieb
stones2000

you're gonna need a little more than that to soften the blow of grade 11, I'm afraid to say winking smiley

Oh I don't doubt it...luckily grade 11 is the last year I have to do math to graduate. Math is my worst subject, so let's just say I'm not planning on doing pre-calculus spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:51

unremarkable but new product is better than nothing I suppose.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:53

This song may fall into Uncuts "generic mid-tempo trans-atlantic rocker" category. Honestly it's not an earth shattering single although I really like the first minute and acoustic guitar closing notes!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()

Man every time I see this thread title I can't help but think of this Lowell George tune. Would have loved to hear Keith singing this one actually.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: andrewt ()

Good Keithy track. What took 23 years, I'm not sure.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:55

stones2000
alieb
stones2000

Oh I don't doubt it...luckily grade 11 is the last year I have to do math to graduate. Math is my worst subject, so let's just say I'm not planning on doing pre-calculus spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

i feel ya, i did data management in g. 12 just because it was easy and i needed the grades...

back on topic,

As for the song, I agree with most of you- typical keith, sounds a lot like start me up (in terms of repetitive chorus/ guitar lick) which is one of my least favourite Stones songs so I can't say that I love it. Mostly I am just glad that Keef is inspired and making new music. Even if it's not as amazing as stuff he's done in the past, I think it's healthy for his creative juices to keep flowing and it probably keeps him at his creative peak onstage also.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:56

stones2000

Congratulations and thank you on single handedly bringing down the average age of this board quite considerably!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:12

alieb
stones2000
alieb
stones2000

i feel ya, i did data management in g. 12 just because it was easy and i needed the grades...

back on topic,

As for the song, I agree with most of you- typical keith, sounds a lot like start me up (in terms of repetitive chorus/ guitar lick) which is one of my least favourite Stones songs so I can't say that I love it. Mostly I am just glad that Keef is inspired and making new music. Even if it's not as amazing as stuff he's done in the past, I think it's healthy for his creative juices to keep flowing and it probably keeps him at his creative peak onstage also.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1874
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home