Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: July 13, 2015 17:01

MisterAccapella
Some people here are giving too much credibility to this Westerberg person. Keith has too much class to borrow a title from him. In reality, he stole the title from "Cockeyed Optimist" in Roger and Hammerstein's "South Pacific".

Never said or even implied that Keith stole it. Just a coincidence, most likely.

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: July 13, 2015 17:46

Really look forward for the album.

I know it is too soon but talking about some potential concerts...where do you think they could be? USA? Europe, specially in the UK?

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 18:52

Good question about Drayton. What did he and Jordan fall out over?

I wonder who the primary bass player is on this album?

If Keith does do some gigs, I'd love to see Joey Spampinato join. I thought he was great on the Chuck Berry project and then again on Could Have Stood You Up.

Tony Scherr also sounded great on the Aaron Neville album that Keith produced so maybe he would get a shot.

Date: July 13, 2015 19:49

CMH516

I wonder who the primary bass player is on this album?

I'm guessing Keith and Steve handle the bulk of it.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 13, 2015 19:57

Garbie
Really look forward for the album.

I know it is too soon but talking about some potential concerts...where do you think they could be? USA? Europe, specially in the UK?

I would love to know Garbie.
its likely to be London, New York knowing Keith.

Posted by: z ()
Date: July 13, 2015 21:58

CMH516

According to my source it was over a B7.

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: July 13, 2015 23:18

z
CMH516

Hmm. B7 - rare chord. Mick Taylor taught Mick & Keith 7 chords.

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: July 13, 2015 23:23

I know someone who was there when it happened. It was a C7 chord. Mick Taylor put Keith's pinky on the Bb and there it was. Keith was astonished and said 'did you invent this?' and Mick Taylor said no. I think the whole jealousy thing started right there.

Date: July 13, 2015 23:39

TonyMo
I know someone who was there when it happened. It was a C7 chord. Mick Taylor put Keith's pinky on the Bb and there it was. Keith was astonished and said 'did you invent this?' and Mick Taylor said no. I think the whole jealousy thing started right there.

Wait. You're still persisting with this shtick?

Posted by: morkos1 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 23:41

Not sure if all of the track names have been released, but I hope that "You Got it Made" ends up on this album.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: July 14, 2015 02:59

Some lyrics in song "Crosseyed Optimist" from play & film South Pacific:

"I have heard people rant and rave and bellow that we're done and we might as well be dead...But I'm a cockeyed optimist..."

"I could say life is just a bowl of Jello...But I'm stuck...with a thing called hope, and I can't get it out of my heart, not this heart."

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: July 14, 2015 05:40

"Cross eyed Heart" can have a double meaning. It may have a religious connotation.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 07:36

does anyone know when the deluxe set is scheduled for release? sometime in 2017? will mick taylor play on it?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 14, 2015 12:56

morkos1
Not sure if all of the track names have been released, but I hope that "You Got it Made" ends up on this album.

I agree...YGIM is a great outtake

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 14, 2015 18:38

TonyMo
z
CMH516

Hmm. B7 - rare chord. Mick Taylor taught Mick & Keith 7 chords.

There is a 7 chord in Lady Jane. (And Mick even sings the 7th note).

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 14, 2015 18:41

Anyway, looking forward - very much - to his third solo-album.
I am still enjoying his previous two albums very much.
If he goes touring, I think I'd be looking forward to that even more than if the Stones would come to town (although it's a close call).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2015 18:50

z
Apparently Drayton and Jordan had a falling out. Seems like they won't play together.

First I've ever heard of such a thing.

Date: July 14, 2015 19:01

GasLightStreet
z
Apparently Drayton and Jordan had a falling out. Seems like they won't play together.

First I've ever heard of such a thing.

Re: X pensive winos band line up?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()

Date: March 14, 2005 18:49

Jerome Smith subbed for Charley Drayton as the bassist for the 1993 North American tour. Drayton's last gig with The Winos was the New Year's Eve show in New York in 1992. The late Jerome Smith was the bassist for KC and the Sunshine Band and played on early sessions for Mick's Wandering Spirit CD (he receives an acknowledgement, but isn't on any of the released tracks). Its been rumored that a disagreement over financial compensation was at the heart of Drayton's departure. Bill German claimed he had another commitment before the North American dates were scheduled.

[www.iorr.org]

A 2004 post : "I've talked to Drayton about why he left the band. Drayton quit the Wino's mid Main Offender Tour because of problems he was having with one of the band members. Specifically Steve Jordan. They were long time friends but had a real falling out and still do not talk to this day. Charley does keep in contact with Keith and Ivan Neville. As does Steve, who has performed live with Keith on quite a few occassions in the past year"

[www.rocksoff.org]

Date: July 14, 2015 19:49

Since you're pulling out one of my old posts, I'll note I was mistaken on which Jerome Smith was with the Winos. The one who subbed for Drayton and played with Mick was not the late Sunshine Band bassist.

At the time, I had asked someone who would know if it was true Drayton quit over an unpleasant conversation at Keith's 49th birthday and 9th wedding anniversary party in 1992. Drayton had asked about replacing Wyman in the Stones and Keith allegedly told him he wouldn't be a good fit. When I asked if that was why he wasn't on the 1993 dates, I was told it was a financial disagreement. He had another offer and wanted a better deal and didn't get it. I don't know anything about a falling out with Steve Jordan, but it's certainly possible.

That said, take a look at the RocksOff link and read Westerberg's remarks about the state of the union prior to the LICKS tour:

"[Keith]'s there. He's in New York writing songs - he's there with Charley Drayton writing songs. And Michael Blande is good friends with Charley Drayton and I play with Charley Drayton and he's mad at Mick for doing the movie and the Lenny Kravitz thing - he's not going to do a record. He's going to do one last record and then the band is going to be over. And then there's this whole thing with Ron Wood - he's dying. He's concerned."

We all know one day it really will be the last time and like everyone of us every year, every day is closer to our expiration date, but man, the death watch has been going for so long even from people close to the source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-14 19:51 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: July 14, 2015 20:41

As for bass players, when he was working with Fraboni and George Receli, Keith was using Paul Nowinski, Larry Taylor, and Nikki Parrot on bass. This was 2000 and 2001. As far as I was aware, the only time he saw Drayton was when Keith and Darryl went along to an Ivan Neville session.

So far as I know the current album has been worked on intermittently over the last five years with Larry Taylor and Neil Jason involved as bass players. Not sure if anyone else has come and gone. It's possible Willie Weeks was involved at some point, but I don't have confirmation of that. I know he's jammed with Keith in recent years, but I don't know if any of it was serious.

Date: July 14, 2015 21:20

Many thanks Rocky

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2015 21:26

Rocky Dijon
"[Keith]'s... mad at Mick for doing the movie and the Lenny Kravitz thing - he's not going to do a record. He's going to do one last record and then the band is going to be over. And then there's this whole thing with Ron Wood - he's dying. He's concerned."

I vaguely recall the thing with Drayton now that that bit about Jerome Smith was mentioned.

But that bit I quoted... what!!!!??? That's absurd! The band's going to be over? Which band? Winos or Stones? First it's he's not going to do a record... then it's he's going to do one last record... and then the band is going to be over.

Huh?

And the bit about Ronnie dying... I almost laughed when I read that.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 22:45

GasLightStreet
Rocky Dijon
"[Keith]'s... mad at Mick for doing the movie and the Lenny Kravitz thing - he's not going to do a record. He's going to do one last record and then the band is going to be over. And then there's this whole thing with Ron Wood - he's dying. He's concerned."

Don't get why that's funny. He was a total train-wreck for a lot of years with freebase and alcohol. I'm quite sure it must have seemed to those close to him that death was imminent. Even compared to Keith.

Date: July 14, 2015 22:51

GasLightStreet
Rocky Dijon

I vaguely recall the thing with Drayton now that that bit about Jerome Smith was mentioned.

But that bit I quoted... what!!!!??? That's absurd! The band's going to be over? Which band? Winos or Stones? First it's he's not going to do a record... then it's he's going to do one last record... and then the band is going to be over.

Huh?

it sounds completely credible.

people have thought the stones were falling apart for years, ever since brian was getting so ill.

it's extremely rare to abuse oneself as much as they have, and survive to be this age, much less in any condition to play music on stage coherently.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 14, 2015 23:50

Turner68
GasLightStreet
Rocky Dijon

Huh?

it sounds completely credible.

people have thought the stones were falling apart for years, ever since brian was getting so ill.

it's extremely rare to abuse oneself as much as they have, and survive to be this age, much less in any condition to play music on stage coherently.

I remember an article in the national papers around 2004. Ronnie claimed doctors told him he had early stage Emphysema. He said he was told he had to give up smoking.
Well he never did give up and he is fit as a fiddle. Go figure confused smiley

Just found link to the article

[the-faces.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-15 00:33 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 15, 2015 01:06

It sounds like there is a mix of rock, country, raggae and blues on the new Keith CD.

Maybe "Crosseyed Heart" means that Keith is in love with rock and defined his musical legacy as such, but also loves those other forms of music as much?

Date: July 15, 2015 02:25

i listened to talk is cheap for the first time in a while.
damn, it's good.
keith knows how to put together a band.
i'm more excited than ever to hear the single in a few days!!!
hope he does at least one show on the west coast.

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:22

I don't know where on this site to post this question: Does anyone know which cities the Stones EXHIBITIONISM exhibit will travel to after it leaves London in Sept. 2016? Thanks.

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask that question but I couldn't find a thread that seemed better suited.

I DO look forward to Keith's solo album.

Date: July 15, 2015 06:52

Jesse,

Try the link on the first page of this thread...

[www.iorr.org]

Date: July 15, 2015 06:52

Jesse
I don't know where on this site to post this question: Does anyone know which cities the Stones EXHIBITIONISM exhibit will travel to after it leaves London in Sept. 2016? Thanks.

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask that question but I couldn't find a thread that seemed better suited.

I DO look forward to Keith's solo album.

did you consider posting to the thread about exhibitionism?

if you couldn't find it, google IORR Exhibitionism and it is the first result.

google can be found at www.google.com

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home