Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 257
Re: Any updates on Keefs new cd release????
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:40

i agree and i am excited too

my guess is that we won't hear much while they are on tour in the states, all the PR will be focused on selling tickets for this tour.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 12, 2015 19:09

corriecas
Is the release date still september 2015...., or will it be pushed back to 2016.

really hoping he will release it before the south american Tour. Maybe some gigs, Amsterdam/London to promote it.

Has anyone more info about the release date.

jeroen

...i think 2016.

Re: Keith: solo album "finished" - out June 2015?
Date: June 22, 2015 23:55

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
updating:

Title: ??
Lable: ??
Release date: June? Autumn?
Musicians: Keef, Steve..and ??
Producer: Keef and Steve.
Tracklist: Love is overdue (, One More Shot (maybe..)...

You'll have to wait till after the Stones have finished touring, like Keith said.

Hi DP, you were right!

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:01

KRiffhard
corriecas
Is the release date still september 2015...., or will it be pushed back to 2016.

really hoping he will release it before the south american Tour. Maybe some gigs, Amsterdam/London to promote it.

Has anyone more info about the release date.

jeroen

...i think 2016.

... 3016 would be more realistic. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:19

do you think that maybe keith made this album when he was a bit rusty. i was just wondering if now that he is well oiled and on fire at the end of next month he may want to go back in the studio and put some of the old magic he has acquired lately on some of the tracks. maybe make some improvements. also this has worked out well for keef. if he was to tour with the winos after this tour . he really does have his chops back.

Re: Keith: solo album "finished" - out September 2015?
Date: June 23, 2015 14:27

updating:

Title: ??
Lable: ??
Release date:
KR: 'Probably nex year (sept.'14), "I have a solo record finished, but I don't want to put it out while the Stones are working, so I'm thinking next June", "I think it's September, but I don't know for sure","..I think later on this year", "Waddy has been working with Keith Richards on a new Keith album, and Keith said it's finished. Hopefully it'll be released in September, and there might be some live shows after it's released. Also involved on the album were Steve Jordan, Bernard Fowler and Ivan Neville"

Musicians involved: Keef, Steve, Waddy Wachtel, Bernard Fowler, Ivan Neville. Maybe Spooner Oldham played on a track. Neil Jason plays bass on 'Love is Overdue', Meegan Voss (Jordan's wife) sing on a couple Tunes. Keef plays all guitars and bass.
Producer: Keith and Steve.
Mastering by Steve Jordan (Steve: "...and i’m mastering the new Keith Richards album, not sure when that’s coming out" april,'14)
Ma
Tracklist: Love is overdue (with Lee Scratch Perry), One More Shot (solo version with Meegan Voss?)

Date: June 23, 2015 14:33

I don't think OMS will be on the album, even though there is a solo version of it.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 23, 2015 14:34

Keith's "Chinese Democracy"?

Date: June 23, 2015 14:38

well you cant blame Keith for putting this off. his loyalty has to be with the stones. i'm sure Mick will keep adding dates to this tour to prevent its release lol.

Date: June 23, 2015 14:39

keefriffhards
well you cant blame Keith for putting this off. his loyalty has to be with the stones. i'm sure Mick will keep adding dates to this tour to prevent its release lol.

+1

Date: June 23, 2015 15:09

Yeah, I know, but I don't think this info shed any light on OMS being on the album. After the Stones released it I find it very unlikely.

Date: June 23, 2015 15:15

...in 2016 we will find out!

Date: June 23, 2015 17:49

2015 we will find out if Keith takes to the road while the stones pause for south america..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 23, 2015 18:13

Probably after the Stones european tour 2016

jeroen

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 23, 2015 18:27

keefriffhards
2015 we will find out if Keith takes to the road while the stones pause for south america..

I find this possibility really unlikely. But, I hope he releases the record as soon as the tour is over, in the break between NA and SA. I imagine Keith will need to rest up a bit in the probably short space between those tours.

In any case it's a bit frustrating to me to know he has a fully completed record and it's been just sitting there waiting for a opportunity to release. I guess releasing it now might be a bit of a distraction because people would be asking him about it in any interviews and any PR he would presumably be doing would not be Stones related.

In any case it looks like a busy year for Keith, I hope the album is enormously successful and we see it in August or September.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: June 23, 2015 18:30

Insane, nonsensical, inexplicable to wait so long to put this thing out. He'd need to set aside a week for media/publicity in NYC, and maybe four to six weeks for select dates in major markets. Why make a point of mentioning its completion on Jimmy Fallon, Associated Press, etc., if the release date is apparently so elastic? What the hell?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 18:31 by Mel Belli.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 23, 2015 18:48

Naturalust
keefriffhards

I find this possibility really unlikely. But, I hope he releases the record as soon as the tour is over, in the break between NA and SA. I imagine Keith will need to rest up a bit in the probably short space between those tours.

In any case it's a bit frustrating to me to know he has a fully completed record and it's been just sitting there waiting for a opportunity to release. I guess releasing it now might be a bit of a distraction because people would be asking him about it in any interviews and any PR he would presumably be doing would not be Stones related.

In any case it looks like a busy year for Keith, I hope the album is enormously successful and we see it in August or September.

That would be a nice finishing touch for Keith.

Date: June 23, 2015 20:33

i cant see him releasing it without taking it on the road. that's not his way.
regardless its exciting and it gives us something to look forward too when the stones finish.

Date: June 23, 2015 23:27

Mel Belli
Insane, nonsensical, inexplicable to wait so long to put this thing out. He'd need to set aside a week for media/publicity in NYC, and maybe four to six weeks for select dates in major markets. Why make a point of mentioning its completion on Jimmy Fallon, Associated Press, etc., if the release date is apparently so elastic? What the hell?

I agree Mel thumbs up

Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 10, 2015 00:52

KEITH RICHARDS RELEASES CROSSEYED HEART

FIRST SOLO ALBUM IN OVER 20 YEARS OUT SEPTEMBER 18TH

July 9, 2015 – New York – Keith Richards will release his eagerly anticipated CROSSEYED HEART, his third solo album and his first in over 20 years, September 18th on Republic Records.

CROSSEYED HEART, a fifteen track masterclass encompassing everything that makes Keith Richards one of the 20th century’s most celebrated talents, is a 5* musical journey that takes in reggae, rock, country and the blues.

The first taste of CROSSEYED HEART will be unveiled on July 17th with the explosive first single, “Trouble,” a taut guitar based slice of heaven featuring Richards on electric and acoustic guitars, bass, lead and backup vocals. He is richly supported by old friends, drummer Steve Jordan, guitarist Waddy Wachtel and Bernard Fowler on backup vocals. The song was written by and produced by Keith and Steve Jordan.

“I had a ball making this new record and working with Steve Jordan and Waddy Wachtel again. There’s nothing like walking into a studio and having absolutely no idea what you’re going to come out with on the other end. If you're looking for ‘Trouble,’ you've come to the right place.”

Keith wrote or co-wrote the majority of the tracks on CROSSEYED HEART, many with co-producer Steve Jordan.Highlights include the country tinged ache of “Robbed Blind”, the reggae flavored “Love Overdue,” and the aptly named “Blues In The Morning.” Richards collaborates with several artists including a captivating duet with Norah Jones on the soulful ballad “Illusion” which she co-wrote.

Keith Richards, who plays electric and acoustic guitars, bass, piano and vocals on the album, is also joined by guitarist Waddy Wachtel, keyboardist Ivan Neville and background singer Sarah Dash, part of the X-Pensive Winos, who accompanied Richards on his previous solo records.

[www.keithrichards.com]

Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 01:41

Back just to say that Republic Records is a major imprint of Universal...

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: July 10, 2015 04:36

Mel Belli

I'd like to think it was my above rant that compelled Keith to release the record.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 05:24

Mel Belli
Mel Belli

I'd like to think it was my above rant that compelled Keith to release the record.

indeed.... mel Belli coming through for the stones ever since 1969.... i can just see you now on the speaker phone barking those lines out... "insane, nonsensical, inexplicable..."

Keith Richards Announces New Solo LP 'Crosseyed Heart'
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 9, 2015 15:51

[www.rollingstone.com]

Rolling Stones guitarist reteams with X-Pensive Winos drummer Steve Jordan and guitarist Waddy Wachtel on first album since 1992's 'Main Offender'

BY DANIEL KREPS July 9, 2015
keith richards
Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards will release 'Crosseyed Heart,' his third solo album and first in 23 years, this September Chris McKay/Getty
The Rolling Stones may be wrapping up their Zip Code tour next week, but Keith Richards doesn't plan on gathering moss: The guitarist will release Crosseyed Heart, his third solo album and first since 1992's Main Offender, on September 18th, with first single "Trouble" set for release July 17th.

Richards and drummer Steve Jordan wrote and produced the majority of Crosseyed Heart, with guitarist Waddy Wachtel and Rolling Stones backup singer Bernard Fowler also assisting on the project. "I had a ball making this new record and working with Steve Jordan and Waddy Wachtel again," Richards said in a statement. "There's nothing like walking into a studio and having absolutely no idea what you’re going to come out with on the other end. If you're looking for 'Trouble,' you've come to the right place."

SIDEBAR

Keith Richards: 'I Want to See How Far the Stones Can Go' »
Jordan and Wachtel are longtime members of Richards' X-Pensive Winos backing band and featured prominently both on Richards' 1988 solo debut Talk as Cheap (Jordan co-wrote all of that LP's tracks with Richards) as well as Main Offender. Fowler also sang on Main Offender, which was produced by Richards, Wachtel and Jordan. "[Wachtel] is a natural maestro," Richards told Rolling Stone in 2013. "He can take a song to further heights than you expected, beyond expectations. I envy him, quite honestly."

Keyboardist Ivan Neville and singer Sarah Dash also appear on Crosseyed Heart, while special guests include Norah Jones on the ballad duet "Illusion," Spooner Oldham on "Lovers Plea," famed multi-instrumentalist Larry Campbell on "Robbed Blind" and Aaron Neville on "Nothing on Me." A pair of tracks, "Amnesia" and "Blues in the Morning," also feature contributions from late Stones saxophonist Bobby Keys.

Richards himself plays both electric and acoustic guitars, bass and piano and on Crosseyed Heart, which is described as a "musical journey that takes in reggae ('Love Overdue'), rock ('Trouble'), country ('Robbed Blind') and the blues ('Blues in the Morning')."

In April, Rolling Stone asked Richards whether he would tour in support of his upcoming solo LP. "That's being kicked around," Richards said. "At the moment, I'm just getting my head into the Stones and I haven't really thought about what I'm going to do afterwards. But usually if I put a record out, I do some road work. So, it's possible." At the time, Richards revealed that his solo album was finished, but he was waiting for the Stones to wrap up their tour.

Despite the solo LP, Richards is also eager to hit the studio with the Rolling Stones soon to record a follow-up to 2005's A Bigger Bang. "We're talking about doing some recording after this tour, but there's nothing definite. We just threw out the idea. I'd like to get the boys back in the studio again, yeah. Anything can happen," Richards said. "I'd like to see just how far they can evolve. I have no demands or particular visions for them, but you're just part of this thing and I want to see how far it will go."

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 15:52 by BowieStone.

Re: Keith Richards Announces New Solo LP 'Crosseyed Heart'
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 9, 2015 15:53

Fantastic idea

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: July 9, 2015 16:03

Great news!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 9, 2015 16:06

So that means the SA tour won't happen...? In a way that's not really surprising, Venezuela is in the toilet, Brazil still recovers from the World Cup and faces the 2016 O-Games and and Argentina's back to the Menem years. confused smiley
With the 3 main markets in dire straits it's hard to build a SA tour.

Anyway, Spooner Oldham and Larry Campbell : that's very promising! Now we want A BUNCH OF SHOWS!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 16:10 by dcba.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 9, 2015 16:09

New music---Exciting.

Date: July 9, 2015 16:12

smileys with beer

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 9, 2015 16:14

Good news to wake up to!