Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 257
Re: Keith recording for "new solo album" in NYC
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:34

Steve Jordan gives radio.com's Brian Ives some details about the Keith project:

The Stones played two new songs during this tour, and one of them, “One More Shot,” was written by Richards for a potential solo album, according to the band’s Rolling Stone cover story earlier this year.

“We’re working on it now, it’s really pretty amazing,” Jordan says, before adjusting that statement. “It’s weird to say something you’re working on is amazing. I think he’s amazing on it, is really what I mean to say. That’s basically it.”

Jordan says that it isn’t an X-Pensive Winos album; rather it’s mainly the Richards/Jordan team.

And he verifies that there’s a Keith solo version of “One More Shot.”

We cut it, and it’s great,” Jordan says. “Again, that sounds weird. What I mean to say is we really had a great time doing it. Keith was looking for a new song to bring in [to the Stones], so he asked me if I minded if he brought it in, and I said, ‘No.’ So he brought it in and they liked it, and they ended up recording it. We gave them our version to listen to. We have a version, it’s done. It has a different flavor, an additional vocal, Meegan [Voss, Jordan's wife] singing this counterpoint thing. It’s a little different, Keith is playing all of the guitars and the bass. That’s all I can say, I can’t say much more.”

The song served as something of an anthem for the Stones on what may well have been their last tour, but it may also double for Richards’ other band, should he decide to hit the road once again with the X-Pensive Winos.
[wcbsfm.cbslocal.com]

Date: June 23, 2014 15:58

At the moment we know these songs: 'One More Shot' (solo version with Meegan Voss as additional vocal and Keef on guitars and bass), Love is overdue (reggae cover) and maybe the song recorded with Ian McLagan, Waddy Watchtel and Jim Keltner.

Date: June 23, 2014 16:12

KRiffhard
Steve Jordan gives radio.com's Brian Ives some details about the Keith project:

The Stones played two new songs during this tour, and one of them, “One More Shot,” was written by Richards for a potential solo album, according to the band’s Rolling Stone cover story earlier this year.

“We’re working on it now, it’s really pretty amazing,” Jordan says, before adjusting that statement. “It’s weird to say something you’re working on is amazing. I think he’s amazing on it, is really what I mean to say. That’s basically it.”

Jordan says that it isn’t an X-Pensive Winos album; rather it’s mainly the Richards/Jordan team.

And he verifies that there’s a Keith solo version of “One More Shot.”

We cut it, and it’s great,” Jordan says. “Again, that sounds weird. What I mean to say is we really had a great time doing it. Keith was looking for a new song to bring in [to the Stones], so he asked me if I minded if he brought it in, and I said, ‘No.’ So he brought it in and they liked it, and they ended up recording it. We gave them our version to listen to. We have a version, it’s done. It has a different flavor, an additional vocal, Meegan [Voss, Jordan's wife] singing this counterpoint thing. It’s a little different, Keith is playing all of the guitars and the bass. That’s all I can say, I can’t say much more.”

The song served as something of an anthem for the Stones on what may well have been their last tour, but it may also double for Richards’ other band, should he decide to hit the road once again with the X-Pensive Winos.
[wcbsfm.cbslocal.com]

This interview is more than a year old, no?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:38

No. Interview's from November 2013. [www.iorr.org]

It's been reposted (rather than quoted) by KRiffhard a couple of times subsequently.

Date: June 23, 2014 16:49

OK, thanks, johnny. I knew it wasn't a recent one, though smiling smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:59

Defintely not "new" news - just a slight return. ;-)

Keef third solo album...a never ending story!
Date: July 16, 2014 22:54

From 1996 sessions in Ocho Rios to the most recent ones with Steve Jordan in New York...c'mon Keef, it's time to publish it!

Re: Keef third solo album...a never ending story!
Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 16, 2014 22:57

He could release it on his website.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 16, 2014 23:04

It's coming out very soon and it'll be titled "Chinese Democracy II" grinning smiley

Date: July 16, 2014 23:08

dcba
It's coming out very soon and it'll be titled "Chinese Democracy II" grinning smiley

...you're right!! It's like 'Chinese Democracy!! cool smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 16, 2014 23:23

Keef stated last year or whenever....i will release it when the Stones thing winds down.........

so..

the solo album will be released in 2026

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-16 23:23 by corriecas.

Date: July 17, 2014 00:25

Fourth solo album?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 17, 2014 02:06

dcba

ROTFLMFAO! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: July 17, 2014 02:26

Well, for those who think the Stones have another album in them, if these are good songs, maybe he and Mick should save their best for that, a la Bridges to Babylon. While I like that album, the criticisms here are valid: you can tell they reworked some solo stuff to fill out the record and it suffers because of that. Maybe they could do it right this time!

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 17, 2014 02:35

I dunno....Time is on his side????

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 02:40

Is Johnny Depp a special guest on guitar?
Mark my words.

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 17, 2014 04:06

I consider wingless angels his 3rd and 4th records

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: July 17, 2014 05:31

His second one was so awful I don't want a third. His songwriting chops left him a long time ago I think. With Jagger there he can contribute perhaps to what could be great songs but without him you get "Infamy" and "This place is empty".

An album full of that? Kill me.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 17, 2014 06:48

OzHeavyThrobber
... you get "Infamy" and "This place is empty".

2 great songs, in my very own humble opinion.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: July 17, 2014 08:01

I like his second solo album, there's some good songs on it. I also like Infamy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 17, 2014 08:04

Love Main Offender .... just think of it a one long riff ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 17, 2014 09:00

Words of wonder has lasted too

Date: July 17, 2014 12:16

Rockman
just think of it a one long riff ...

... = the story of his life.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 17, 2014 14:19

OzHeavyThrobber
His second one was so awful I don't want a third.

Be specific Oz, what's so awful about it? Overall, I think Talk is Cheap is a better album, but there are some great songs on Main Offender. As Wicked as it seems and Hate it when you leave are as good as anything Keith has written with the Stones.

Date: July 17, 2014 14:23

latebloomer
OzHeavyThrobber
His second one was so awful I don't want a third.

Be specific Oz, what's so awful about it? Overall, I think Talk is Cheap is a better album, but there are some great songs on Main Offender. As Wicked as it seems and Hate it when you leave are as good as anything Keith has written with the Stones.

+ Eileen, Words Of Wonder and Demon, imo.

To knitpick a little, his second album was Live At The Palladium winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 17, 2014 15:03

OzHeavyThrobber
His songwriting chops left him a long time ago I think.

If you want mainstream crap you ring the wrong guy. Keith has always been a Spartan dude. His songwriting is arid... but beautiful.
"Demon" or "Infamy" are amazing but they're not easy listening fodder.

999 or Wicked... are the closest material one could consider mainstream/easy listening stuff... though Keef'd probably say "mainstream/easy listening crap, baby. Me I write deep stuff, music for the soul" smoking smiley

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-17 17:56 by dcba.

Date: July 17, 2014 17:31

Gotta love Infamy, too.
Unique song & groove...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 17, 2014 17:40

One long riff, I love that. Perfectly said. My wife loves Hate It When You Leave(so do I) Lots of good riffs on Main Offender, looking forward(for a while now…haha) to the next one

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: July 17, 2014 20:41

I love Eileen!

Date: July 17, 2014 22:19

'How i wish', 'Take it so hard','Eileen','Wicked as it seems'...what a great songs! I think that Keef has other songs like those for his new solo album and
i hope he also publish "You got it made".
[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home