Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 257
Re: Keith recording for "new solo album" in NYC
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 16, 2013 13:06

...at the moment we know two songs: One More Shot and Prisoner of Lonelyness

Date: November 16, 2013 13:09

...and maybe the song recorded with Ian McLagan, Waddy Watchtel and Jim Keltner.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 16, 2013 13:36

Keith's Facebook confirmed that 'Love Is Overdue' was the track recorded at the recent session with Lee "Scratch" Perry.

The March LA session for Johnny Depp's documentary also included Larry Taylor and Doug Pettibone. According to Mac, they recorded versions of 'Happy', 'You Got The Silver' and a new song he described as "really, really strong" and a "a real dark song, a bit of a country song." Keith told him it was inspired by the Louvin Brothers.

From Doug Pettibone's Facebook:

From left to right: Larry Taylor bass, Jim Keltner drums, Keith Richards guitar and vocals, Waddy Wachtel guitar, Johnny Depp guitar, Ian McLagan keys, and yours truly pedal steel guitar.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 16, 2013 14:07

This is one release that has got me excited.

Have been wanting to hear Keef on vocals for One More Shot ever since I heard the Stones version. Keef on vocals would make it sublime to my ears.

Now lets have an album and tour with reasonably priced tickets, n I can rest a contented soul

\m/

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: November 17, 2013 05:24

this will be the most exciting release since steel wheels.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2013 10:28

WOW that's a long time ta go without taking a slash!!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: November 17, 2013 10:32

He he smiling smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:38

Not exactly new, but State Of Emergency's blog has posted another photo from the September "Scratch" session.

[soeblog.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:22

Thanks, bye bye J. I'd like to figure out what Scratch has on his hat and t-shirt, but I can't get past the strange red thing on his face.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:37

duke richardson
Gazza
duke richardson
hope its in time for the holidays.

id sure like to find it under the tree..

Christmas is six weeks away. Not a chance it'll be out by then. You'd have heard about it by now.

Keith albums tend to have a long gestation. I'd guess that it'd be closer to Easter than Christmas!

heard about it by now.
but we have heard about it..

Youve heard about the release date? Er..no you havent!

Date: November 20, 2013 04:40

KRiffhard

Steve Jordan said that they'd 'recorded' One More Shot - which ended up being reworked by the Stones.

I may have misread this, but I dont think he actually said it'll be on the album. I doubt theyve even decided on a track listing, to be honest.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:43

<<I doubt theyve even decided on a track listing>>

Or even an album.

Date: November 21, 2013 19:53

Gazza
KRiffhard

Steve Jordan said that they'd 'recorded' One More Shot - which ended up being reworked by the Stones.

I may have misread this, but I dont think he actually said it'll be on the album. I doubt theyve even decided on a track listing, to be honest.

Jordan says that it isn’t an X-Pensive Winos album; rather it’s mainly the Richards/Jordan team. And he verifies that there’s a Keith solo version of “One More Shot.”

“We cut it, and it’s great,” Jordan says. “Again, that sounds weird. What I mean to say is we really had a great time doing it. Keith was looking for a new song to bring in [to the Stones], so he asked me if I minded if he brought it in, and I said, ‘No.’ So he brought it in and they liked it, and they ended up recording it. We gave them our version to listen to. We have a version, it’s done. It has a different flavor, an additional vocal, Meegan [Voss, Jordan's wife] singing this counterpoint thing. It’s a little different, Keith is playing all of the guitars and the bass. That’s all I can say, I can’t say much more.

maybe i'm wrong but it seems to me that OMS will be on the new solo album...time will tell!

Date: November 21, 2013 20:07

Yes, thats the quote I remember. Thanks. All it says is that its been recorded and finished.

It'd be nice to hear a 'solo' version IF he chooses to release it. I would still guess that they havent finalised a track listing at this stage, though. Fingers crossed.

Date: November 21, 2013 20:48

It seems unlikely that this album would be released now, what with confirmation of further Stones touring activity in 2014--unless it is to remain on the shelf until 2015. Because surely he would want to promote it, do the odd TV appearance or two and perhaps a mini-tour as well.

If this is to be the next full album he plays on that gets released, it's just further confirmation that there shall be no new Stones album recorded anytime soon.

It takes some getting used to, because it was once such fun anticipating a new Stones album. To hope and see whether they would achieve the heights of their former glory. But it seems that they are not that type of band anymore, and that they have become exclusively what they have best become known for in recent decades--a live performing attraction.

It's 50 & Counting forevermore....

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 21, 2013 21:07

Such is our day and age... Paul McCartney released a new project that was pretty good, he tours in much the same way as The Stones, few people care about his album, it's just the way it is... For Keith to do an eclectic type album is more with the times, big fans will buy it but the days of these guys changing the world is behind us... Doom and Gloom hit Billboard #1, was a good song with meaningful lyrics but the band sounded like mud. Why they insist on a dated 80's unclear sound and not a 60's/70's roots mix is a mystery..

Date: November 21, 2013 21:20

DoomandGloom
Such is our day and age... Paul McCartney released a new project that was pretty good, he tours in much the same way as The Stones, few people care about his album, it's just the way it is... For Keith to do an eclectic type album is more with the times, big fans will buy it but the days of these guys changing the world is behind us... Doom and Gloom hit Billboard #1, was a good song with meaningful lyrics but the band sounded like mud. Why they insist on a dated 80's unclear sound and not a 60's/70's roots mix is a mystery..

I think that you should ask mainly to Mick!

Date: November 21, 2013 21:43

KRiffhard
DoomandGloom

I think that you should ask mainly to Mick!
Seems that way, when I knew them they created huge piles of tracks because of endless compromises and no communication. The results were not that great, Dirty Work and sadly this is about where it fell apart. With computers and all the add ons I doubt they're as in control as even that. With unlimited tracks it must be madness with every guitar recorded in stereo plus DI.s, got to be close to 100 virtual tracks for a song like "Doom".. Keith used to say in the studio each time you bring in a new toy you add an hour onto the day but he lets it happen and allows Jagger to paint himself into a corner time and time again..He gave up long ago trying to be heavy handed as Mick will pile it on when he's left by himself. You can see from Ya Ya's studio films they were pretty active in the process and skilled as audio engineers, other bands do not usually run the faders. Seems a direct contradiction to the awful mixing we've been subject to for 20 years or so. Usually mixing like that occurs when there's something to hide but they have the time, talent and team to get stuff better. Let's not forget Mick is a club guy and goes to fashion shows and events like that. Maybe he's more concerned how it will sound in a disco than in a car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 22:51 by DoomandGloom.

Date: November 22, 2013 00:20

DoomandGloom
Doom and Gloom hit Billboard #1

Doom and Gloom hit #1? It "hit" #61--in the UK. In the U.S., it didn't even make the hot 100. Which Billboard chart are we talking about?

Date: November 22, 2013 00:39

There as many Billboard charts as there are songs ffs!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 22, 2013 02:02

I think D & G hit number one on the billboard Rock Charts for British Bands Together Over 50 Years.

Date: November 22, 2013 02:35

OK, the Billboard Doom and Gloom chart then.smiling smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 22, 2013 03:48

stonehearted
DoomandGloom

Doom and Gloom hit #1? It "hit" #61--in the UK. In the U.S., it didn't even make the hot 100. Which Billboard chart are we talking about?

Austria #60
Belgium #37
Canada Hot 100 #72
Canada Active Rock Airplay #1
France #44
Germany #64
Ireland #55
Japan #26
Netherlands #17
Spain #38
UK Singles #61
UK Airplay #21
US Rock Songs #30
US Hot Dance Club Songs #24
US Heritage Rock #8
US Triple A #10

Date: November 22, 2013 04:23

georgelicks
stonehearted
DoomandGloom

Austria #60
Belgium #37
Canada Hot 100 #72
Canada Active Rock Airplay #1
France #44
Germany #64
Ireland #55
Japan #26
Netherlands #17
Spain #38
UK Singles #61
UK Airplay #21
US Rock Songs #30
US Hot Dance Club Songs #24
US Heritage Rock #8
US Triple A #10
Sorry I got carried away, but I am charmed you guys read everything I write.... Love to ya'll

Date: November 22, 2013 09:57

<<France #44>>

France #44? Well, Plundered My Soul was #15, so it seems the follow-up was a bit of a flop.

Date: November 22, 2013 10:01

These chart positions tell that the Stones became as relevant (in the charts, at least) as they were in the mid 90s.

A solid, catchy and timeless by numbers-rocker, which attracted lots of new fans (could tell that from the shows I attended + what friends that normally don't like the Stones said).

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 22, 2013 10:18

stonehearted
<<France #44>>

France #44? Well, Plundered My Soul was #15, so it seems the follow-up was a bit of a flop.

In Spain "Streets of Love" - that classic from the 00's, you remember - was #1. Now "Doom and Gloom" only did #38... What has happened?grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 22, 2013 10:35

Still hearing D&G on Perth radio every couple of days......GREAT RADIO SONG!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 22, 2013 10:42

If they should release a classic song like Rocks Off in 2013, what chart situation would you expect it to get on billboards?? Commercially unsuccesful surely. Nowadays the music market has changed a lot, and even the best gems and classic songs could fail to reach high points on charts. This is true even to Beatles and other previously succesful artists and songs.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 22, 2013 11:00

DandelionPowderman
These chart positions tell that the Stones became as relevant (in the charts, at least) as they were in the mid 90s.

Not quite. Back in 1994/95 The Stones even made Billboard Hot 100, with such smash hits like "Love Is Strong" (#91) and "Out of Tears" (#60). That was dominance!

The UK charting of "Doom And Gloom" (#61) is actually their worst ever in their homeland besides "Rock And A Hard Place" (#64) and some re-issues and live cuts. For example, all the singles from A BIGGER BANG did better ("Street of Love" #15, "Rain Fall Down" #33, "Biggest Mistake" #51). "Don't Stop" made #36.

But that said, it was such a joy to hear young people sing-a-longing "Doom and Gloom" at Hyde Park. I hope Jagger noticed that. Me thinks that it was one of the best songs released last year - it brought me such much personal joy.

- Doxa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home