Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 257
Re: Keith Recording in NYC
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2013 00:46

Could this be a smokescreen

with Scratch around ..... studio kinda cloudy

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 2, 2013 21:49

No source cited, but Australian magazine Stack says Keith's album "may be out by Xmas."

[twitter.com]

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 2, 2013 22:37

...around 70th anniversary....with medias buzz....!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 4, 2013 22:25

What do you expect from this new solo album? Do you have positive or negative feelings about it? I'm very curious to hear something new after 21 years from Main Offender, and i'm quite optimistic about the overall quality of the album. It's also true that last Keef songs (Losing My Touch, Infamy, This place is empty and One More Shot) are not so good...anyway we confidently await!

Date: October 5, 2013 03:28

KRiffhard
What do you expect from this new solo album? Do you have positive or negative feelings about it? I'm very curious to hear something new after 21 years from Main Offender, and i'm quite optimistic about the overall quality of the album. It's also true that last Keef songs (Losing My Touch, Infamy, This place is empty and One More Shot) are not so good...anyway we confidently await!

I suspect it's just a smokescreen. My guess is that he and Mick are working on a new Stones album in their own separate parts of the world.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:43

JumpinJackOLantern
KRiffhard

I suspect it's just a smokescreen. My guess is that he and Mick are working on a new Stones album in their own separate parts of the world.

That's hilarious. You can go back to watching those Bigfoot videos now.

Date: October 5, 2013 03:47

71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
KRiffhard

I think I heard something similar when I envisioned Mick and Keith fighting for lower ticket prices for us. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:49

71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
KRiffhard

I saw on the news that they've spotted and filmed Bigfoot in Kentucky. And all this time I thought Bigfoot was Canadian.

Next thing they're going to tell us is that they've spotted and filmed the Loch Ness Monster--in the Thames outside London.

Date: October 5, 2013 03:52

And why on earth would Keith be wasting his material on a solo album at this point in his career especially when the Stones are up and rolling again?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 5, 2013 10:54

Yeah, an album of covers album maybe, an album of originals? Unlikely!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 5, 2013 10:58

an album of originals? Unlikely!................. why not????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 5, 2013 11:26

i would be so damn awesome happy if there is really a new ALBUM coming from keith in the near future (dec 13/jan 14)

Date: October 5, 2013 15:57

JumpinJackOLantern
I suspect it's just a smokescreen.

“I’ve been cutting stuff with Steve Jordan. For the last couple of years we get together and lay down tracks for a possible album.

“There’s some great stuff in the can, we’re just polishing things up and waiting for the right time to put it out. Maybe after this year with The Stones.”

Keith - MOJO, July 2013

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 5, 2013 16:41

bye bye johnny
JumpinJackOLantern

“I’ve been cutting stuff with Steve Jordan. For the last couple of years we get together and lay down tracks for a possible album.

“There’s some great stuff in the can, we’re just polishing things up and waiting for the right time to put it out. Maybe after this year with The Stones.”

Keith - MOJO, July 2013

makes sense. It's what he does. "last couple of years," "possible album," "maybe." It's not like he's actually working on a record that he's going to release.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 5, 2013 16:49

Rokyfan
bye bye johnny
JumpinJackOLantern

Keith - MOJO, July 2013

makes sense. It's what he does. "last couple of years," "possible album," "maybe." It's not like he's actually working on a record that he's going to release.

Nasty, Rockyfan. I think there is every reason to think that Keith will release an album soon and I'm really looking forward to it.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 5, 2013 17:16

bluesinc.
i would be so damn awesome happy if there is really a new ALBUM coming from keith in the near future (dec 13/jan 14)

Me too!!smileys with beerhot smiley
jeroen

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 5, 2013 17:40

latebloomer

I think there is every reason to think that Keith will release an album soon and I'm really looking forward to it.

But why, latebloomer? I, in turn, would have much preferred a Stones album. Let's face it, the last ten years KR hasn't worked hard for the Stones - A Bigger Bang, re-issues of Exile and Some Girls, Stones in Exile and Crossfire Hurricane were all basically Jagger' efforts. Isn't it time for Richards to contribute something to the Stones?
If there is a possibility that the Stones may record an album in the near future why Richards hurry to release his solo album before ? Yes, I know Mick is currently working on JB movie, but KR can wait for him and work on a material for the Stones album
Why to compete with the Stones?

The argument that the work on a solo album does not prevent the work with the Stones is weak in the case of the songwriter who wrote no more than 10 songs(or less?) in ten years.

Date: October 5, 2013 22:06

proudmary
If there is a possibility that the Stones may record an album in the near future why Richards hurry to release his solo album before ?

SuperHeavy was released in September 2011. The 'Some Girls' re-issue and 'Live In Texas' were released in November 2011.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: October 5, 2013 22:39

stonehearted
71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
KRiffhard

I saw on the news that they've spotted and filmed Bigfoot in Kentucky. And all this time I thought Bigfoot was Canadian.

Next thing they're going to tell us is that they've spotted and filmed the Loch Ness Monster--in the Thames outside London.

Nonsense. Everyone knows that Sasquatch is Canadian and that BigFoot is a "Statie".

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: October 5, 2013 23:23

I think This Place is empty is one of his best songs ever! The Worst is also really good.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 6, 2013 01:32

proudmary
latebloomer

I think there is every reason to think that Keith will release an album soon and I'm really looking forward to it.

But why, latebloomer? I, in turn, would have much preferred a Stones album. Let's face it, the last ten years KR hasn't worked hard for the Stones - A Bigger Bang, re-issues of Exile and Some Girls, Stones in Exile and Crossfire Hurricane were all basically Jagger' efforts. Isn't it time for Richards to contribute something to the Stones?
If there is a possibility that the Stones may record an album in the near future why Richards hurry to release his solo album before ? Yes, I know Mick is currently working on JB movie, but KR can wait for him and work on a material for the Stones album

The argument that the work on a solo album does not prevent the work with the Stones is weak in the case of the songwriter who wrote no more than 10 songs(or less?) in ten years.

There's no indication that this is the case. And even if the Stones started recording an album tomorrow, their working methods are such that you'd be waiting anything from 9 months to a year for it to be released. A Keith solo album which appears to be at the mixing stage and would therefore be likely to be released by early 2014 at the latest wouldnt remotely be in competition - certainly no more than Talk is Cheap was with Steel Wheels (which were released 11 months apart)

Your last point is a decent argument, but the fact that Keith, who has hardly released any song where he's been the main composer in a decade and a half, is apparently putting what creative energy he has into a solo release would suggest that both he and Mick have basically accepted that the Stones future as a recording act will be along the lines of what its basically been limited to for the last 15 years (with the exception of A Bigger Bang - some of which were songs unfinished for 'Alfie') - ie, a couple of new songs occasionally dusted off and banged out in a week for a greatest hits record every decade or so or Mick dipping into the archives and putting new lyrics and vocals into decades-old songs to be issued on expanded re-releases of classic albums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-06 01:34 by Gazza.

Date: October 6, 2013 17:56

bye bye johnny
JumpinJackOLantern

Keith - MOJO, July 2013

thumbs up Yes, I do remember reading this now. Let's hope he leaves a little bit in the can for the Stones. I suppose if they all plan on staying healthy and performing to 80 then maybe there isn't any rush for new Stones material. I am a little nervous about that. They are at the age where things can change dramatically in a matter of hours. We shall see how it all plays out. I just hope I live long enough to see them to the finish.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 6, 2013 21:46

Gazza
proudmary
latebloomer

There's no indication that this is the case. And even if the Stones started recording an album tomorrow, their working methods are such that you'd be waiting anything from 9 months to a year for it to be released. A Keith solo album which appears to be at the mixing stage and would therefore be likely to be released by early 2014 at the latest wouldnt remotely be in competition - certainly no more than Talk is Cheap was with Steel Wheels (which were released 11 months apart)

Your last point is a decent argument, but the fact that Keith, who has hardly released any song where he's been the main composer in a decade and a half, is apparently putting what creative energy he has into a solo release would suggest that both he and Mick have basically accepted that the Stones future as a recording act will be along the lines of what its basically been limited to for the last 15 years (with the exception of A Bigger Bang - some of which were songs unfinished for 'Alfie') - ie, a couple of new songs occasionally dusted off and banged out in a week for a greatest hits record every decade or so or Mick dipping into the archives and putting new lyrics and vocals into decades-old songs to be issued on expanded re-releases of classic albums.

I do not know what Mick thinks about it. I know that he generally does not lie in interviews and isn't famous for wishful thinking, so when he has repeatedly said that he wanted to record an album with the Stones and had a lot of songs I basically believe him.
I think they agreed on this just like they agreed on KR' book. This is something Richards wants to do he thinks time is right for him and why to bother with loyalty if it suites you fine without
If Mick is not happy about it - he can shove it up his ass, I think it's Keith's approach. If Jagger wants Stones album he can bring his songs and then we'll see which album will be more successful - the Stones' one or Richards solo. Of course this is a competition

It is obvious that Richards more cares about "Keith Richards" brand than the Stones. There would be nothing to be ashamed of if he had not spent the last 30 years trying to blame Jagger for that and to represent himself as keeper of fire.

Date: October 6, 2013 22:19

proudmary
Gazza
proudmary
latebloomer

I do not know what Mick thinks about it. I know that he generally does not lie in interviews and isn't famous for wishful thinking, so when he has repeatedly said that he wanted to record an album with the Stones and had a lot of songs I basically believe him.
I think they agreed on this just like they agreed on KR' book. This is something Richards wants to do he thinks time is right for him and why to bother with loyalty if it suites you fine without
If Mick is not happy about it - he can shove it up his ass, I think it's Keith's approach. If Jagger wants Stones album he can bring his songs and then we'll see which album will be more successful - the Stones' one or Richards solo. Of course this is a competition

It is obvious that Richards more cares about "Keith Richards" brand than the Stones. There would be nothing to be ashamed of if he had not spent the last 30 years trying to blame Jagger for that and to represent himself as keeper of fire.

Of course just about everything with the Stones is a bit murky. I have a feeling if anyone is holding up a new Stones album it is Mick. Keith probably gladly would have dumped any solo project for a chance to work with Mick to produce new Stones music. He even commented recently that he hoped he could hook up with Mick in London after the tour and maybe kick off some dust. Mick obviously has other projects in front of him so maybe he told Keith to just go ahead since he was going to be busy anyway. I sense Mick feels he has many years ahead of him, and maybe he does, but I think Keith might feel differently. There may be more of an urgency in his case than with Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-06 22:20 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 6, 2013 22:59

[Of course just about everything with the Stones is a bit murky. I have a feeling if anyone is holding up a new Stones album it is Mick. Keith probably gladly would have dumped any solo project for a chance to work with Mick to produce new Stones music. He even commented recently that he hoped he could hook up with Mick in London after the tour and maybe kick off some dust. Mick obviously has other projects in front of him so maybe he told Keith to just go ahead since he was going to be busy anyway. I sense Mick feels he has many years ahead of him, and maybe he does, but I think Keith might feel differently. There may be more of an urgency in his case than with Mick.]

I think the same. If anything, Keith has always been much more attached to the Stones than Mick. It seems unlikely it would reverse at this late stage.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: October 7, 2013 00:35

I agree with the last two posters. Keith is working on a solo project because nothing else is happening at the moment. I would love a good Rolling Stones album, but failing that, I'll take one from Keith gladly.

Date: October 7, 2013 04:37

KatieGirl
I agree with the last two posters. Keith is working on a solo project because nothing else is happening at the moment. I would love a good Rolling Stones album, but failing that, I'll take one from Keith gladly.

Yes, that would certainly be better than nothing.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Mick has all but divorced himself from Keith for all that has gone down between them. The book may have been the final straw? They seem to be able to get together on stage with the other guys but that appears to be the extent of it. If they were truly like brothers then I think they would have done more in recent years. One thing that has stuck in my mind (and I find a little disturbing) is Mick's comments before '50 and Counting when he said he wanted to call the tour The F**K Off tour. Just what exactly did he mean by that?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 7, 2013 04:42

corriecas
bluesinc.

jeroen

It beats the hell out of another Stones album. Keith represents the future of the sounds we've all been waiting for...

Date: October 7, 2013 04:51

Munichhilton
corriecas
bluesinc.

jeroen

It beats the hell out of another Stones album. Keith represents the future of the sounds we've all been waiting for...

I always think of what could have been if he hadn't hindered himself with drug abuse. Maybe the next Bob Dylan?

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: October 7, 2013 05:15

Sounds like Keith's been a lot more active than the Stones have been when it comes to actual music recently. I look forward to whatever he chooses to put out, more than anything Mick or the Stones might, but slightly less than anything Ronnie chooses to.

OLDKR

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home