Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 257
Re: Keith Recording in NYC
Posted by: Torres ()
Date: September 27, 2013 09:13

owlbynite
think it's a good pic of keith, less wrinkled than usual. smoking smiley

Jane Rose ironed his face for the photo.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 27, 2013 09:26

Torres
owlbynite
think it's a good pic of keith, less wrinkled than usual. smoking smiley

Jane Rose ironed his face for the photo.
smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 27, 2013 09:51

bye bye johnny
2011. Keith told Jimmy Fallon that an album was "starting to blossom".

Suspect that 'Prisoner Of Loneliness' is a cover of the Willi Williams song. - [youtu.be]

Thanks for the link, maybe an album of covers then? Wouldn't really make sense for him to release a solo album with originals, what with his extremely low output since 1997...and his advice to Mick in 1985 to release a "different" solo album with a blind Irish harp player (or something like that)!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 27, 2013 11:52

roundnround
whatever happened to the rumor that Bill Clinton will play sax on Keith's next album?

They decided to keep it what it was ... a rumor

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 27, 2013 16:47

A baseless rumor likely inspired by Keith's comment about his dinner with Clinton a couple of years ago - "We talked about saxophones".

Date: September 28, 2013 00:51

More talk of Keith's "Project X" from Meegan Voss, Steve Jordan's wife and Verbs bandmate:

Keith was kind enough to let me sing on his new album, (not yet out - but killer)

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 28, 2013 01:00

More talk of Keith's "Project X"

Now that Keith's not such a heavy drinker, maybe he'll call the new group Keith Richards and the Pensive Ex-Winos?

Not sure about an album called just Keith Richards, though. Not Jagged or Woody enough, and it might be short a few Watts on energy.

Date: September 28, 2013 01:11

'Talk Is Cheap' and 'Main Offender' are "just Keith Richards" albums.

Re: Keith Recording in NYC?
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 28, 2013 06:46

corriecas
That would be good news !!!!!!!!!!
Come on keith, make a new version of Run rudolph run please.
jeroen

wow, are you insane? what for? you would actually prefer that than new material? ... not to mention, what is wrong w/ the other version, its perfect.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 28, 2013 10:32

Release date.....probably january 2014 i think.
jeroen

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 28, 2013 11:08

gotdablouse
Keith needs to go for a jog!

He doesn't do coke anymore and he has started to indulge himself into some nasty eating habits...

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: September 28, 2013 11:23

corriecas
jeroen

I didn't know you could think...... But now we know you think it will be in 2014, I'll put it in my agenda.

Date: September 28, 2013 12:37

Vocalion
corriecas
jeroen

I didn't know you could think...... But now we know you think it will be in 2014, I'll put it in my agenda.

i did not know you have any brains to know things.

jeroen

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 28, 2013 13:24

stonehearted
More talk of Keith's "Project X"

Now that Keith's not such a heavy drinker, maybe he'll call the new group Keith Richards and the Pensive Ex-Winos?

Not sure about an album called just Keith Richards, though. Not Jagged or Woody enough, and it might be short a few Watts on energy.

I noticed that Waddy Wachtel, Charley Drayton and Ivan Neville are not currently involved in this new solo project...or so it seems.
Then i was wondering if the song recorded recently with Ian McLagan ("...really, really strong" and "a real dark song, a bit of a country song") will be part of the new album.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 28, 2013 14:23

gotdablouse
bye bye johnny
2011. Keith told Jimmy Fallon that an album was "starting to blossom".

Suspect that 'Prisoner Of Loneliness' is a cover of the Willi Williams song. - [youtu.be]

Thanks for the link, maybe an album of covers then? Wouldn't really make sense for him to release a solo album with originals, what with his extremely low output since 1997...and his advice to Mick in 1985 to release a "different" solo album with a blind Irish harp player (or something like that)!

Or JAGGER SINGS SINATRA...grinning smiley (actually that could be something...)

- Doxa

Date: September 28, 2013 14:28

good song,
jeroen

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 28, 2013 14:42

@ TeddyB1018

Hi Teddy, do you know if Waddy Watchel, Charlie Drayton and Ivan Neville are involved in this solo project?

Date: September 28, 2013 15:41

Project's been simmering for a couple of years, so it's possible they might have contributed at some point.

Charley Drayton has been touring and recording with The Dead Daisies, so it's unlikely he took part in any recent NYC sessions. Same goes for Ivan, who's been on the road with Dumpstaphunk.

Waddy was at Johnny Depp's March LA filming where Mac says they recorded versions of "Happy", "You Got The Silver" and a new, Louvin Brothers inspired song. Perhaps those tracks will be considered for the prospective album.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 28, 2013 19:12

Keith looks great in those pictures.

Date: October 1, 2013 02:22

State of Emergency over New York City! Keith Richards meets The Upsetter downtown!

September 30th, 2013

SOE’s Steve Marshall is still getting over the historic recording session that took place at Germano Recording Studios on Broadway, Manhattan on Monday 23rd September.

Back in August, Keith Richards’ manager Jane Rose got in touch with Steve. Keith wanted Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry to mix a track for the new solo album he’s making with drummer and producer Steve Jordan.

Keith had played guitar on several of State of Emergency’s productions for Lee Perry, including the Grammy nominated album ‘Revelation’ (2011). So ‘Scratch’ was keen to return the favour.

These guys had admired each other from a distance for decades and were both looking for a chance to work together. Steve Marshall is very proud to have been able to arrange this amazing meeting between the King of Rock and the King of Reggae.

At the session, Lee turned up first and got straight down to business. The track in question is Keith’s own version of ‘Prisoner of Loneliness’ by Gregory Isaacs.

By the time Keith rolled in, the studio was firing on all cylinders. With The Upsetter at the controls and a studio full of KR’s Rock ‘n Roll motley crew, a party was bound to follow. Lee even did his own DJ version, laying down a live vocal using his own jewel encrusted SM58.

For the dub mix ‘Scratch’ called in his apprentice, Steve Marshall, who took over the controls and, with Lee tapping out an S.O.S on an original Morse Code device, flew the studio like a spaceship through the universe of dub.

[soeblog.com]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 1, 2013 02:51

Pretty damn exciting bye bye. I would say the cats out of the bag for Keith's solo project!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2013 03:45

Prisoner of Loneliness’ by Gregory Isaacs

....Maybe??? they mean Gregory Isaacs - Love Is Overdue
which was his first major hit for him in Jamaica early 70's and
does contain the line prisoner of loneliness....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 1, 2013 04:04

Or - could be the Willi Williams song mentioned earlier.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2013 04:21

...yeah bye bye ... there seems ta be a mix-up there somewhere in titles/artist....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 1, 2013 05:43

Perhaps Keith is concentrating on material such as cover versions the Stones would not use.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: October 1, 2013 12:35

great new!!!! I can not wait to come out this record

Date: October 1, 2013 17:00

So what does it all mean in the grand scheme?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 1, 2013 18:03

This is probably all tied into Depp's movie in some way, either as soundtrack material or bonus material to promote the film. I have a hunch it's not to do a formal album but we'll see.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 1, 2013 18:28

it said Keith's new solo album with Steve Jordan..

Date: October 1, 2013 18:48

Could this be a smokescreen?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home