Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Mick Arrives In LA - Far Too Close To Autograph Hounds
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 19, 2013 22:37

RockinJive
Would you really bring "She's The Boss" album for Mick to sign? He probably heard that Jagger was coming and went to a used record bin down the street and bought it for a buck.

Don't be so cynical. I bet he removed that She's the Boss album from a guarded safe in his Bel Air compound.

Re: Mick Arrives In LA Sept 16 - AUTOGRAPH HOUNDS/SELLERS
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 19, 2013 22:47

Cocaine Eyes
First, to those who think Mick can just walk through an airport/shopping mall/whatever - please remember John Lennon.

Secondly, I have NO IDEA why the title was changed to 'paparazzi frenzy'. There were serious SELLERS of autographs there and they weren't the paparazzi who are doing the selling. If you had seen Toronto rehearsals in 2002 and 2005 you'd know how/WHO the sellers are. They are ruthless and could easily have harmed Mick. They did hurt some fans waiting for autographs.

If you were in Toronto in 2002 especially, you'll understand my "Princess Diana" reference. You'd also know "Redhead" well. If you were in Toronto in 2002 you'd know how Keith got swarmed in his car at a busy intersection (Yonge and Davenport) by AUTOGRAPH SELLERS. Redhead's gang of goons.

I understand that the paparazzi can be a huge pain, but it's the SELLERS who cause more trouble for the Stones. In my own humble opinion.......

cool smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 19, 2013 22:37

corriecas
im just pointing out, Jagger should not act like a sissy.

people will come out, take photographs etc.

That will happen when you are famous.

dont act like a woman, and hold on to someone.

tell them to @#$%& off, and stand like a man.

jeroen[/quote]

Tell it to John Lennon. Oh wait...

THANK YOU!

Re: Mick Arrives In LA - Far Too Close To Autograph Hounds
Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: September 19, 2013 23:42

Title5Take1
RockinJive
Would you really bring "She's The Boss" album for Mick to sign? He probably heard that Jagger was coming and went to a used record bin down the street and bought it for a buck.

Don't be so cynical. I bet he removed that She's the Boss album from a guarded safe in his Bel Air compound.

How did you know?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 19, 2013 23:45

Good post Cocaine Eyes!

Bad post Jeroen..."Stand llike a man"

Fame is a curse as well as a blessing.

And Fame increasingly has gotten dangerous.

Lennon was MURDERED by a fan.

Re: Mick Arrives In LA Sept 16 - paparazzi frenzy
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 20, 2013 00:14

corriecas
treaclefingers
corriecas

jeroen

At least you've only alienated all the women with remark

i dont want to put off women.
I just think he has to take his responisbility and act like it. and dont act like a frightened child. he looks like jackson
Jeroen

Why does he have to behave in any way just to suit you? You certainly don't behave in any way to suit us.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:00

treaclefingers
corriecas
treaclefingers
corriecas

jeroen

I just think he has to take his responisbility and act like it. and dont act like a frightened child. he looks like jackson
Jeroen

Why does he have to behave in any way just to suit you? You certainly don't behave in any way to suit us.

No critiscism or negativity on the Stones allowed eh.............

Jeroen

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:13

mnewman505

what kinda a-type male macho bullshit are you spewing here, the man is a senior citizen, he looked legitimately scared and uneasy here. he had what appeared to be one rather small security guy and there were tons of photogs blinding him with those massive flash bulbs.

Yes he did look a bit scared and shaken (senior citizen style) and no way was Mick going to waste one second giving autographs. He wanted to be in the limousine as soon as possible

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:26

I don't think he looked scared, maybe a bit jet lagged and knackered, what was he scared they were gonna do? Make him listen to "She's the boss"? or kidnap him in broad daylight and whisk him out to the Mojave desert upon pain of L'wren handing over $100 million?..............

nuts..............if there's anything Mick Jagger is completely used to it's "Mick, Mick, Mick, Gimme, Gimme, Gimmee!"

And given his age they should get used to "@#$%& off....I've just been sitting on a plane for 12 hours........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-20 01:28 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:48

Next time I hope Mick hires some big gorillas to shove the LPs up those idiots @ss.

Date: September 20, 2013 01:52

corriecas
treaclefingers
corriecas
treaclefingers
corriecas

jeroen

Jeroen

No critiscism or negativity on the Stones allowed eh.............

Jeroen

your criticism is so helpful too, "Don't act like a woman..."?

dunno what I was thinking.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 20, 2013 08:55

" HEY MICKY ! !... "

eye rolling smiley
How to not make friends nor influence Jagger.

Posted by: Loose ()
Date: September 20, 2013 10:08

All he is doing is trying o keep moving and get out of there. Stop and sign some autographs? What would happen then? He would be at the centre of a scrum and then the situatin could be truly dangerous.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 20, 2013 10:10

can't understand the fuss.... it's not that bad is it??? ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 20, 2013 13:10

of course just a cap is not enough to travel incognito
MJ seems anxious. he did not sign anything.

A friend of mine travelled next to him just after the japan 90 tour in the plane on regular flight.

Maybe he should fly on jet again

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: September 20, 2013 13:16

toomuchforme
of course just a cap is not enough to travel incognito
MJ seems anxious. he did not sign anything.

A friend of mine travelled next to him just after the japan 90 tour in the plane on regular flight.

Maybe he should fly on jet again

I'm sure he can spot the difference between regular fans and autograph sellers..

Date: September 20, 2013 13:48

Rockman
can't understand the fuss.... it's not that bad is it??? ....

The fuss is that a Mark David Chapman type could have been close to Mick.

Of course, it's good that Mick draws much attention but he needs more body guards when going into unknown places. LAX isn't rehearsals. Rehearsals are a hugely controlled situation. Well, as controlled as is humanly possible.

smoking smiley

Date: September 20, 2013 13:54

DandelionPowderman
I'm sure he can spot the difference between regular fans and autograph sellers..

I also thought John Lennon could spot them as well. His murderer was a simple fan carrying a copy of The Catcher In The Rye. And a gun!

John's murderer was not an autograph seller nor a member of the paparazzi. Bottom line: Famous musicians need body guards and (unfortunately) need to take care at all times.

confused smiley

Date: September 20, 2013 14:01

Cocaine Eyes
DandelionPowderman

I also thought John Lennon could spot them as well. His murderer was a simple fan carrying a copy of The Catcher In The Rye. And a gun!

John's murderer was not an autograph seller nor a member of the paparazzi. Bottom line: Famous musicians need body guards and (unfortunately) need to take care at all times.

confused smiley

That was my point, too.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 20, 2013 14:01

Cocaine Eyes
DandelionPowderman

confused smiley

It's hardly the threat scenario of the century though is it? One rock star murdered in the 60 years since rock'n'roll started. Anyway, it could happen anytime, Mick said in an interview he regularly cycles through Richmond Park when he's in london - alone..............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-20 14:02 by EddieByword.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 20, 2013 14:06

A couple of pics from the airport arrival. His bodyguard appears to be pointing out the strategy to Mick. That fan doesn't look too dangerous, but I guess you never know. She is awfully close, though and that would make me nervous...and I'm only famous for my veggie chili!

Posted by: johnhenry ()
Date: September 20, 2013 14:42

I think Bruce Springsteen has a good policy. When he's on tour he is the rock star Bruce. When not on tour he should be treated like a regular human being. He knows that people want a a connection. Make it a human connection, say hello and move on. I see Bruce a few times a year near my home. Most people give him his space. Mick Jagger is aware of his stature and has made a life out of it. But there are limits.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: September 20, 2013 15:12

latebloomer
A couple of pics from the airport arrival. His bodyguard appears to be pointing out the strategy to Mick. That fan doesn't look too dangerous, but I guess you never know. She is awfully close, though and that would make me nervous...and I'm only famous for my veggie chili!

The lady in that pic once was a sweet sweet beauty, around the time the record she's holding (Ya-Ya's) was released. Good choice by her!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-20 15:15 by Greg.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 20, 2013 15:34

Greg

The lady in that pic once was a sweet sweet beauty, around the time the record she's holding (Ya-Ya's) was released. Good choice by her!

she's the "Paint it,Black, you devils!" chick, 40 years on.

Date: September 20, 2013 15:38

Rokyfan
Greg

she's the "Paint it,Black, you devils!" chick, 40 years on.

The copy of GYYYO is evidence, and the pen she's holding is to have him sign an affidavit to appear in court.

She's suing for back royalties.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 20, 2013 15:46

Thought she was the one holding the candybar, during the drugsbust...
Jeroen

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: September 20, 2013 16:05

Mick, like all celebrities have access to the press and can whip up a storm at a moments notice. Don't for a second think they weren't alerted by his own people.

OLDKR

Date: September 20, 2013 17:42

oldkr
Mick, like all celebrities have access to the press and can whip up a storm at a moments notice. Don't for a second think they weren't alerted by his own people.

OLDKR

I don't think they'd go looking for that sort of 'annoying' press.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 20, 2013 18:43

Come back home to the U.K. Mick.
Heathrow and Gatwick would be a stroll in the park compared to the shameful stuff at LAX.
Talkin' about park, many years ago saw Mick joggin on his own in Richmond Park.
I was about 20 yards away and shouted out 'Hello Mick', and got a friendly wave from him. winking smiley

Date: September 20, 2013 18:52

oldkr

OLDKR

Of course he has access to the press. But my biggest question here is how did the fans/autograph seekers find out when he was landing at LAX? Do the people at LAX let the autograph seekers know who's landing and when to be ready with album in hand? eye popping smiley

I recall that for the SARS Concert it was widely known the call numbers of the plane they'd be coming into Pearson International Airport on from Prague. Perhaps that was leaked to the press because the reason for the concert was to give good publicity to Toronto during the health crisis which had negative financial consequences on the city/province.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 20, 2013 20:19

oldkr

OLDKR

we can always count on "oldkr" to show up every few months and say something completely rediculous.

as some of you posted earlier,everyone knows that the lax is filled with tipsters for every paparazzi,gossip show,pro autograph hound and celebrity newspaper column in the city.
they are there off and on all day and night following around incoming famous people.
to think any p.r. person would actually call.or need to call someone to get media attention for a 20 second arrival in the los angeles airport is just silly.
mick wasn't nervous,shaken or worried.he was doing something he's done a thousand times-him and his people know exactly where they are,what is waiting for them and what to do.get through the phalanx of bodies,get to the car and get out of there.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home