Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT:Woman Stabs Roommate for Refusing to Stop Listening to The Eagles
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 19, 2013 22:09

Here's the story re: One More Cup of Coffee -

USA Today, April 23, 1992, p. D1
DYLAN OR DIE: A Hobart, Australia, man who trampled his mother to death to the strains of Bob Dylan's One More Cup of Coffee for the Road was released from prison to see his idol perform last weekend. Richard Dickinson, 25, who was found not guilty because of insanity, was allowed to see the show because his doctors said he was responding well to treatment for schizophrenia. Dickinson killed his mother five years ago when she complained that he was playing Dylan's Desire album at 4 a.m.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 19, 2013 22:17

Fair enough, I'd say.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 19, 2013 22:46

Silver Dagger
Fair enough, I'd say.

He must have been bonkers, as going to see Dylan circa 1991/92 was a tad hit or miss.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: September 19, 2013 23:44

stonehearted
It's unclear which of the band's songs drove Bader over the edge, but police have narrowed down the possible suspects to "Witchy Woman," "Take It Easy," "Peaceful Easy Feeling," "Take It to the Limit," "One of These Nights," "Tequila Sunrise," and "Hotel California" on repeat.

How could anyone with ears and taste not dig "Witchy Woman" and/or "One of these Nights"?! I mean come on! Those are great records. I love the ominous-but-beautiful vibe on both of 'em. Ditto on "Hotel California," but I understand it's been heavily played that its charms may have worn thin for some.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 20, 2013 00:17

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
tomcasagranda
Didn't a lunatic kill his mother because she objected to him constantly playing One More Cup of Coffee by Bob Dylan ?

obviously too much caffeine.

Argh! Not good treacle, you made me laugh and I'm at work right now.grinning smiley

Kinda sorta serves you right for stealing preciious company time.

Well, at least I can spell precious right. Besides, I decided to use it as a teaching moment and added lunatic to the list of vocabulary words for my students.smiling smiley

Hard to type on a hand held device with massive thumbs.

You know what they say about guys with massive thumbs BTW...that's right, massive ego's too!

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:12

ROPENI
Maybe semi ot,they did open for The Stones in one of their tours...
[gawker.com] winking smiley

Can you blame her?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:19

tomcasagranda
Silver Dagger
Fair enough, I'd say.

He must have been bonkers, as going to see Dylan circa 1991/92 was a tad hit or miss.

In 1991, I'd have said that releasing a mentally disturbed matricidal maniac to see Dylan would have been asking for trouble but the Aussie tour in spring 1992 was pretty good and may have actually stabilised his condition a bit.

On the downside, Dylan wasn't playing anything off 'Desire' (a situation which has pretty much been the norm now for over three decades) so in retrospect it may be seen as a close shave. Especially as he was playing "Stuck Inside of Mobile" every night which has about ten choruses which begin "oh mama, can this really be the end...."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:21

tomcasagranda
Didn't a lunatic kill his mother because she objected to him constantly playing One More Cup of Coffee by Bob Dylan ?

One man's lunatic is another man's devoted diehard. Just sayin'.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:53

Claire_M
[

How could anyone with ears and taste not dig "Witchy Woman" and/or "One of these Nights"?! I mean come on! Those are great records. I love the ominous-but-beautiful vibe on both of 'em. Ditto on "Hotel California," but I understand it's been heavily played that its charms may have worn thin for some.

Actually, "Witchy Woman" and "Hotel California" pretty much sucked from day one.

Date: September 20, 2013 01:53

Gazza
tomcasagranda

One man's lunatic is another man's devoted diehard. Just sayin'.

Is that the same woman where the dingo ate her baby?

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: September 20, 2013 02:02

Actually those are all very good songs. I'm betting he/she was playing "Long Road Out Of Eden" over and over.. and over... and over....

Any good lawyer could win with a solid defense like that.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 05:02

Oh, c'mon now, the Eagles aren't the very worst band everrr.

Right?

There only the second worst band ever . . . after Dave Matthews.

[blogs.laweekly.com]

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 20, 2013 05:04

I'd wouldn't stab somebody if they played The Smashing Pumpkins too much. I would use TNT instead.

Date: September 20, 2013 05:32

More Hot Rocks
I'd wouldn't stab somebody if they played The Smashing Pumpkins too much. I would use TNT instead.

what a dynamite idea!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 20, 2013 13:10

Well, lets face it. Eagles suck.

But to be fair, Hotel California help me to get lucky a couple of times.

Usually, sequence 'If You Really Want To Be My Friend - Time Waits For No One - Till The Next Goodbye' worked just fine. But for desperate cases, oh boy, only Hotel California... And one night I was forced to play that damned song on repeat all night long...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 20, 2013 13:44

i love jackson browne

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 20, 2013 15:21

maumau
i love jackson browne

Yeah, me too.

So many of the Eagles songs (like so many Stones songs) are so overplayed that we're bored with them. Doesn't mean that "Satisfaction" or "One Of These Nights" aren't great songs though.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 20, 2013 15:37

Elmo Lewis
maumau
i love jackson browne

Yeah, me too.

So many of the Eagles songs (like so many Stones songs) are so overplayed that we're bored with them. Doesn't mean that "Satisfaction" or "One Of These Nights" aren't great songs though.

The problem with the Eagles isn't that their songs are overplayed. The problem is that their music is completely devoid of even the slightest shred of passion. I still turn up the volume whenever JJF comes on the radio, and I've heard it probably a couple thousand times. Can't think of a single Eagles song that doesn't cause me to change the station. Ditto for Fleetwood Mac.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-20 15:41 by tatters.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 15:50

tatters

The problem with the Eagles isn't that their songs are overplayed. The problem is that their music is completely devoid of even the slightest shred of passion. Can't think of a single Eagles song that doesn't cause me to change the station. Ditto for Fleetwood Mac.

You didn't say this exactly, but I have a hard time with the idea that Mick Fleetwood plays without passion.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 15:53

camper88
tatters

The problem with the Eagles isn't that their songs are overplayed. The problem is that their music is completely devoid of even the slightest shred of passion. Can't think of a single Eagles song that doesn't cause me to change the station. Ditto for Fleetwood Mac.

You didn't say this exactly, but I have a hard time with the idea that Mick Fleetwood plays without passion.

Plenty of passion there.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 20, 2013 15:57

Ever heard Lindsey Buckingham play guitar?
100% passion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-20 15:59 by BowieStone.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 20, 2013 16:02

I didn't say Fleetwood Mac has no passion. I said I can't think of a single Fleetwood Mac song that doesn't cause me to change to a different radio station.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 20, 2013 16:05

When I was in college a long time ago we would play the same record over and over again all night but it usually was a Dead side and everyone was on lsd not alcohol, so it was just a good time, no stabbings. I can see where the Eagles + alcohol led to different results. (Also Sticky Fingers side 2, a great trip record).

Seriously, what they left out of the story is when she stabbed him she was screaming "Gram Parsons died 40 years ago and all you can play is the @#$%& Eagles!!!???"

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 16:11

Rokyfan
When I was in college a long time ago we would play the same record over and over again all night but it usually was a Dead side and everyone was on lsd not alcohol, so it was just a good time, no stabbings. I can see where the Eagles + alcohol led to different results.

Not to mention that they were exes, but for some reason still roommates, and I'm surprised it took so long for somebody to get stabbed.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: September 20, 2013 16:18

True that.

Warren Zevon sang: "He was an accident waiting to happen. Most accidents happen at home"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 20, 2013 17:13

Here's the story re: One More Cup of Coffee -

.... nothing's changed it woulda been worse with Tempest ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: September 20, 2013 20:32

Bungo
True that.

Warren Zevon sang: "He was an accident waiting to happen. Most accidents happen at home"

One of my favourite lines ever. Actually about Elvis Presley. The title Porcelain Monkey can be seen on the table in the TV room at Graceland.

Date: September 20, 2013 20:34

tatters
I didn't say Fleetwood Mac has no passion. I said I can't think of a single Fleetwood Mac song that doesn't cause me to change to a different radio station.

well, you can go your own way.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 20, 2013 22:08

The prosecutors wouldn't want me on the jury. I'd vote to acquit. Playing the Eagles is bad taste. Overplaying them is a crime. Ending an endless Eagles loop is self-defense.winking smiley

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: September 20, 2013 22:50

she took it to the limit

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home