Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT:Woman Stabs Roommate for Refusing to Stop Listening to The Eagles
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 19, 2013 03:37

Maybe semi ot,they did open for The Stones in one of their tours...
[gawker.com] winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: OT:Woman Stabs Roommate for Refusing to Stop Listening to The Eagles
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 19, 2013 03:55

It's unclear which of the band's songs drove Bader over the edge, but police have narrowed down the possible suspects to "Witchy Woman," "Take It Easy," "Peaceful Easy Feeling," "Take It to the Limit," "One of These Nights," "Tequila Sunrise," and "Hotel California" on repeat.

Please, let it be "Peaceful Easy Feeling", just for the sake of irony.

'Cause I got a peaceful easy feeling
And I know you won't do me harm
'Cause I've already stabbed you in the arm

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 19, 2013 04:17

stonehearted
It's unclear which of the band's songs drove Bader over the edge, but police have narrowed down the possible suspects to "Witchy Woman," "Take It Easy," "Peaceful Easy Feeling," "Take It to the Limit," "One of These Nights," "Tequila Sunrise," and "Hotel California" on repeat.

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 19, 2013 05:45

The Dude abides . . .

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-19 05:46 by camper88.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 19, 2013 06:01

I think David Geffen committed crimes against humanity when he promoted bland, bland, bland, bland, bland, bland, bland, bland, blaaaaaand acts like Jackson Browne and, even worse, the Eagles! Ugh. And S. Calif. was previously represented by a great band like the Doors, and then when the Eagles and Jackson Browne became famous S. Calif. acts, it was a blight on the reputation of S. Calif. worse than Mick being photographed with his head on Bowie's lap.

I asked a N. Calif. friend if he liked the Eagles, and he said, "I did until I saw them live, and all they did was just stand there."

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 19, 2013 07:06

Oh please the Eagles are a great band, they are excellent musicians and play a great show.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 19, 2013 07:55

Desperadoes .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 19, 2013 14:01

camper88
The Dude abides . . .

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 19, 2013 15:18

I don't have a problem with them. But ever since it was announced several months back that they were coming to Dallas, it's been non-stop Eagles on the radio around here. All summer long, Eagles, Eagle, Eagles. Hasn't made me want to stab anybody though.

I live in the town where Don Henley went to college, and a few pretty famous people either went to school there or came from there. The main 3 are Don Henley, American Football player Mean Joe Greene and Peter Weller (that guy who was Robocop, and that mean old admiral in Star Trek: Into Darkness) who all went to school there. And the local Whataburger has this little wall of fame with all the "famous" people (some are much less famous), but the autographed 8X10 of Don is so hilariously cheesy. Looks like some late 80's or early 90's magician's headshot. He looks like he does on the cover of The End Of Innocence, with the hair draped over his face, but he also has this terrible pony tail and he's making bedroom eyes at the camera.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: September 19, 2013 16:39

Title5Take1
I think David Geffen committed crimes against humanity when he promoted bland, bland, bland, bland, bland, bland, bland, bland, blaaaaaand acts like Jackson Browne and, even worse, the Eagles! Ugh. And S. Calif. was previously represented by a great band like the Doors, and then when the Eagles and Jackson Browne became famous S. Calif. acts, it was a blight on the reputation of S. Calif. worse than Mick being photographed with his head on Bowie's lap.

I asked a N. Calif. friend if he liked the Eagles, and he said, "I did until I saw them live, and all they did was just stand there."

could not agree more. They are not bands, they are BLANDS!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 19, 2013 16:49

At least she's got the built in 'driven to insanity' defence locked in.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: September 19, 2013 16:57

The Eagles are a great band, put on a great show lasting over three hours, play each song impeccably well, and are fantastic musicians. They have an excellent catalogue of music. I have seen the current tour and it is creative, a little different than the average concert. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I can never understand the animosity towards them from people on this board, but, to each his own.

Date: September 19, 2013 17:14

ROPENI
stonehearted

thumbs upsmileys with beer

well, had she been listening she might have known that she couldn't kill the beast by stabbing it with steely knives.

A silver bullet maybe (coors light anyone?)

Date: September 19, 2013 17:16

Surely it wasn't Wasting Time - more like Desperado, perhaps?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 19, 2013 17:33

Compared to the LA bands that preceded/influenced them (The Byrds, CSNY, the Flying Burrito Brothers) these guys are NOTHING. The house was already built when they arrived, and they just walked in and lived there.

Some of the early material they recorded with Glyn Johns isn't that bad. Technically, "Take It Easy" is a well-constructed song, and yes, easy to listen to. But it wore out it's welcome several decades ago, and I'm bewildered that people could consider it some sort of sing-a-long anthem.

But their later material, like "Life In The Fast Lane" is just plain awful. If that's supposed to be Rock, then it's White Boy Rock with all of the Roll freeze-dried out of it, and any hint of Soul banished to another part of the musical universe.

The fact that so many people actually like and take de Hotel California crap seriously, the fact that the Eagles have sold so many records and are so rich (and smug ) is depressing. I've posted that Dude clip a couple of times here myself whenever the Eagles come up, and it summarizes frustration about the musical Dead Zone that exists in our culture, where music devoid of all feeling (and humor ) can thrive. The Eagles are just background noise, representing "music" the way McDonald's represents "food."

However, I do give Don Henley credit for being a good sport, after hearing the about the time he joined Mojo Nixon on stage to play this song:

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 19, 2013 17:46

Life in the fast lane will surely make you lose your mind ...... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

BTW, I am a proud Eagles fan.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 19, 2013 18:09

Hey Elmo,do you suppose that woman who stabbed her roommate is one of those that is still screaming "Play Free Bird!"

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: September 19, 2013 18:54

Sounds reasonable.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 19, 2013 19:04

stonesrule
Hey Elmo,do you suppose that woman who stabbed her roommate is one of those that is still screaming "Play Free Bird!"

Could be! smiling smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 19, 2013 19:12

Don't throw Jackson Browne in here. He is an excellent artist with an even greater guitarist by his side (David Lindley).

The Eagles are alright btw. A bit dull, but nothing really wrong with them.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 19, 2013 19:12

Judging from her picture, I sure wouldn't want to piss off that lady. Just think what she might have done if her roommate was listening to Seals and Croft!

Date: September 19, 2013 19:28

Elmo Lewis
Life in the fast lane will surely make you lose your mind ...... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Oh dear. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 19, 2013 19:28

treaclefingers
Elmo Lewis

Oh dear. eye popping smiley

The Eagles are favored by 3.5 tonight.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 19, 2013 19:29

grinning smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 19, 2013 20:08

Didn't a lunatic kill his mother because she objected to him constantly playing One More Cup of Coffee by Bob Dylan ?

Date: September 19, 2013 20:09

tomcasagranda
Didn't a lunatic kill his mother because she objected to him constantly playing One More Cup of Coffee by Bob Dylan ?

obviously too much caffeine.

Date: September 19, 2013 21:25

treaclefingers
tomcasagranda

Argh! Not good treacle, you made me laugh and I'm at work right now.grinning smiley

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: September 19, 2013 21:43

I think too much of ANY band will push some people over the edge.

Date: September 19, 2013 21:46

latebloomer
treaclefingers
tomcasagranda

Argh! Not good treacle, you made me laugh and I'm at work right now.grinning smiley

Kinda sorta serves you right for stealing preciious company time.

Date: September 19, 2013 22:00

treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
tomcasagranda

Kinda sorta serves you right for stealing preciious company time.

Well, at least I can spell precious right. Besides, I decided to use it as a teaching moment and added lunatic to the list of vocabulary words for my students.smiling smiley

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home