Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Type of shows on the upcoming Tour
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: April 26, 2005 15:00

Does anybody know more or have contacts or perhaps Björnulf knows what type of shows The Stones will do the next time????

The 3 type shows during the Licks Tour was a very good experience, but I wonder if they will do it again as the small venues have to be paid by the stadium-goers to cover the costs.

Re: Type of shows on the upcoming Tour
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: April 26, 2005 15:01

If you look at the rumoured dates so far it seems like a mix of arena and stadium shows in the US/Canada and mainly stadium shows in Europe and Latin America.
I hope that they'll add some arena shows in Europe...

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: April 26, 2005 15:39

So my concern is correct

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 26, 2005 16:39

Licks pt.2

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 26, 2005 16:44

Never change a winning team.

Bjornulf

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 26, 2005 16:58

They will have to do some different tunes at the least. They have toured a lot over the last 16 years and even I am tired of the war horses. I think we will see less demand for tickets this time with shows taking longer to actually sell out. People have been there, done that. The theater shows actually built up excitement for the band and helped sell out the bigger shows.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 26, 2005 18:00

No doubt it will be similar to Licks with a variety of venue types. Mick and Keith have both remarked on how well the Licks tour idea went down. No reason not to, really.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 26, 2005 18:04

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Never change a winning team.
>
> Bjornulf

depends if the winning team is playing attractively and is good to watch!

every 'team' needs a spark and fresh ideas once in a while or it becomes stale, no matter how successful

they changed things on the last tour by using the "small medium and large" format.

I dont think there'll be so many small shows on this tour however as before. I hope I'm wrong. I also doubt they'll be the same 'value' as the last tour either for various reasons.

The simple reason why so many of the rumoured shows listed so far are outdoor events is because it takes far longer for those shows to be arranged (ie getting licences and approval etc). So the 'rumours' list is going to be disproportionally weighed towards stadiums. Its far too early to think seriously about next summer in Europe and to assume its going to be a stadium tour. The only reason Wembley has been mentioned (and its the only European stadium mentioned so far with much credibility) is because the stadium itself is in the news so much and its commonly believed that they want the Stones to be the first band to play there.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: April 27, 2005 06:04

what type of shows coming up?.....RIPPIN" SHOWS!!! thats what kind....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: WAYNEPA ()
Date: April 27, 2005 15:13

Any stage the Stones get up on...I want to be in the crowd somewhere.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 27, 2005 15:26

Gazza, wanna add Nya Ullevi, which has as much credibility as Wembley.
They change Stockholm/Göteborg all the time. It seems like the´ve been
doing this since interchanging thing almost since the days of Altamont.
...Still we dont know for sure about the very arena; but as I got it Nya Ullevi is the only alternative.

Click [geoimager.lantmateriet.se] and write "Nya Ullevi" in the little search window to the right beside the map (just above "sök") & you´ll see the battlefield.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 27, 2005 15:27

The tour configuration won't be the same if the new album is fair or excellent !!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home